Palm Harbor Homes Employee Reviews

Everything in job ad is a lie
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SeguinSeptember 12, 2018
They will not hire experienced people from the industry because they already know what a crock palm harbor. The entire industry for that matter is like swimming with snakes. Mobile home sales make used car and time share salesman look tame.
The only ones making money are the managers and they use very creative accounting to make that money. Stealing your deals is common and not getting paid what you thought you had coming is to be expected. Basically everything they try to tell you and that carrot that is dangled is al a lie. It took me years to recover from working in the industry. It will literally give you PTSD.
Pros
Learn how to sell
Cons
12 plus hours a day 6 days a week, can’t turn your back on anyone
Bad time
Housing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 23, 2018
I should not have been hired when I was. The GM lost the office manager and had to take on the role of almost three jobs. No one had time to train properly and answered questions on half attention and therefore gave wrong or no answers at all. What should have taken a hour to accomplish took weeks due to refusal to educate, misdirection and personal priorities. There was also an office romance that resulted in my first two sales being stolen from me. They pay Less than minimum wage and deduct from each check during the first three months making it even less. Impossible to work here as a single person without savings to eat into.
Pros
Get to work in an office
Cons
Coworkers are snakes and the higher ups lie
Service Technician
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJuly 5, 2018
As a Service Technician with Palm Harbor Homes, I stayed out of town Monday thru Friday. I was never at home during the week. I had a disagreement with Management therefore leaving the company. I wanted to be at home more often instead of living out of town.
Pros
Service Truck and gas was provided
Cons
Lived out of town all week
Low pay!
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2018
I quit working there because of low pay. I was there lead electrician making 11 dollars an hour. No thanks. Besides that you dont work in direct sunlight so not too hot.
its a relaxing place to work but hot
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2018
they need you and want you to do 5 floor plans a day,get along with the other employees ,just get the job done,and at the begging of the month inventory
Pros
took 2 breaks during work
Cons
worked in any kind of weather
Good learning ground for future tradesmen
Tile Setter (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 31, 2018
Lots of potentialn to gain a lot of valuble knowledge working here. Very fast pased and not what you would comsider an easy job but a valuble experience if you have the right attitude you'll learn things that will stick with you for life.
company sucks
Line Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2018
they pay illegal immigrants cash under the table they rip there employees off daily over half of there work forceis made up of illegal aliens. this company is a prime example of why this country is so bad off.
Instrumental in raising a family
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALMay 17, 2018
Allowed me to grow and reach my full potential as a manager of a diverse group of people. They trusted and embraced new ideas and input to better advance the company.
Fast Paced
Painter (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 1, 2018
Quick paced work environment. Was able to learn different trades while employed. I worked in finishing , painting , framing, drywall, sanding. Very fast paced.
Cut Throat Managers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 18, 2018
Worse Management. Threats, lies, manipulation. Had to fight for my commissions. Manager would take commissions and bonus money from my sales. Manager would kill deals as means to discourage sales people. Worse experience in my career. Manager yelled and screamed at employees.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Con Artist Management
Fast paced but under pay
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 10, 2018
Great experience working there doing lot management and maintaining all manufactured homes. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to decorate homes to my liking and listening to music while cleaning.
No longer in business
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMarch 23, 2018
Again a company no longer in business. Palm Harbor was purchased by a larger competitor and dissolved. The CEO was very professional. It was also a good place to work.
Loved the job
JOB PROCESS WRITER (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALMarch 3, 2018
It was a great place to work. I worked in the office and enjoyed the staff. The managers were helpful and willing to work with you to get your job done.
Pros
The people were great to work with
Cons
company moved.
Former Employee
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Great work environment, Clean and friendly as well. Management was available for you to help you learn and grow where you needed. Thanks for the opportunities it gave me.
very fast paced
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2018
production line industry building manufactured homes. Unfortunately, Palm Harbor went bankrupt and the plant was closed after 28 years in business. Great management
Pros
managers
Cons
no longer in business
Sales job
Licensed Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXNovember 8, 2017
Very stressful and if you are not a hard nose salesman, you need not go to work here.The co workers are great but there is a high turnover here.So good luck.
fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMNovember 2, 2017
Sales maintaining a high level of integrity throughout the sale, show prospects display homes, provide home buying
experience by exceeding the customer expectations and honoring commitments.
days vary and cross training
Service Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 31, 2017
input completed service worksheets, address customer service calls, worked close to service contractors and service department. allowed to do cross training in other department.. hardest part of the day was finding something to do when it was slow
Bad experience
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2017
You work so hard, management take your comisións plus there’s not opportunities for woman’s at all
There’s old management who just look for men’s handle the company
Great training and leadership.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TexasOctober 24, 2017
Very competitive and awesome management team. I learned many leadership skills that will benefit me greatly in my work career and in life. Very greatful for the opportunity to work with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Harbor Homes. Our community is ready to answer.