Palm Harbor Homes Employee Reviews

Sales job
Licensed Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXNovember 8, 2017
Very stressful and if you are not a hard nose salesman, you need not go to work here.The co workers are great but there is a high turnover here.So good luck.
fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMNovember 2, 2017
Sales maintaining a high level of integrity throughout the sale, show prospects display homes, provide home buying
experience by exceeding the customer expectations and honoring commitments.
days vary and cross training
Service Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 31, 2017
input completed service worksheets, address customer service calls, worked close to service contractors and service department. allowed to do cross training in other department.. hardest part of the day was finding something to do when it was slow
Bad experience
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2017
You work so hard, management take your comisións plus there’s not opportunities for woman’s at all
There’s old management who just look for men’s handle the company
Great training and leadership.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TexasOctober 24, 2017
Very competitive and awesome management team. I learned many leadership skills that will benefit me greatly in my work career and in life. Very greatful for the opportunity to work with this company.
Housing Sales & Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2017
The work hours are long, but enjoyable because of the customers,management and upper management are not, it's a cutthroat business and if they don't like you they will let you go and give the sales that you made to other salesman, not a secure job to have, even if you are a top producer, they will do that to you. Many former employees could say and seen that happen. Good income if you can make it thru to getting paid. Not recommended if you have a family at home waiting for you..
Pros
great customers, and income
Cons
Long hours, and no job security
Not a person
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
This company didn't view their employees as people l. You are nothing more than a cog in the machine. All that matters to managment is that proruction is made. The bonus system is a joke and nearly impossible to make. If you have a family dont expect to see them or be around for them monday through Friday.
Pros
Pay was fair
Cons
You are nothing more than a replacable tool
after safty meeting
roof builder (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 1, 2017
build and set roofs, adding in duct vents and pipping for ac/heat.insure that the length and width are right with the blueprints, then send the roof down to the tape and paint pit.
a typical day at work
roof set (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLSeptember 21, 2017
we would always be asked to come in earlier then usual every morning, setting the roofs would always be stressful and we would have to do it quick paced and perfect and it was always overall stressful.
fun place to work
exterior worker (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCSeptember 17, 2017
This a good place to work. One of the best job I ever had. As long as you have good work habits you should be fine. If you are not a hard worker do apply for this job because you gone work or go to the house.
Good Luck
General Manager (Former Employee) –  RUN, AWAYSeptember 9, 2017
It was not a place of work I would refer a friend or family member. The experience was something I had never experienced in my professional career. The product was phenomenal, I did well there but the cards I played with were not out of the same deck as some of the other players. But I still played my hand.
Stressful but fulfilling
Operation Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2017
As operations manager I was responsible for the funding of loans. This required a lot of attention to detail and communication with customers and vendors.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Lots of stress
It's great!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vidor, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Working with Palm Harbor has been great, because they treat you like family. A typical day is usually pretty relaxed and fun, because you have the ability to relax and talk to your manager one on one and there is never any pressure involved.
Alot of hours and not much pay
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 3, 2017
The amount of amount of hours and the minimum about of sales per week is difficult. The managers will make it seem so east to get the sales but it is not.
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2017
My typical day at work including daily payroll, new hire orientation and daily safety procedures. I learned OSHA procedures and regulations. The management was fair and great to work with. The environment was fast paced and very structured. The hardest part of the job was dealing with Supervisor who did not want to follow the procedures. The best part of the job was dealing with the employees.
Meh
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 22, 2017
Terrible culture with very poor management. Staff is very cut throat and a lot of backstabbing. Management rarely present and staff comes and goes as they want.
Office manager/Palm Harbor Homes
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ORAugust 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with considerate customers who are excited about purchasing a home.
A typical day includes daily required reporting to corporate, answering numerous emails to supervisors, customers, lenders, contractors. the factory.and other entities involved in the sale and installation of manufactured homes. Coordination delivery, and installation contractors for homes in various stages. Processing AP, supporting management and sales.
Very stressful environment to work in.
Office and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 27, 2017
I filed, scanned and emailed all sale files for company. I Sorted all files and personal information for each case. Discarded all paperwork after closing process, and I posted all new homes on social media, answered phones and booked appointments.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
was not a stable environment
Good
Housing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Donna, TXJuly 26, 2017
GOOD people to work with, long hours, one day off a week only, the ability to make lots of money, freindly staff, good training, good benefits, nice trips if you are a produce!!!
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Long Hours
Henry-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 19, 2017
Working on manufacture homes, cleaning them and getting them ready to be sent to the customer. Painting, assisting with plumbing and electric work for the home.
Pros
Assembly Line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Harbor Homes. Our community is ready to answer.