Palm Harbor Homes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
company sucks
Line Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2018
they pay illegal immigrants cash under the table they rip there employees off daily over half of there work forceis made up of illegal aliens. this company is a prime example of why this country is so bad off.
Fast Paced
Painter (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 1, 2018
Quick paced work environment. Was able to learn different trades while employed. I worked in finishing , painting , framing, drywall, sanding. Very fast paced.
Cut Throat Managers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 18, 2018
Worse Management. Threats, lies, manipulation. Had to fight for my commissions. Manager would take commissions and bonus money from my sales. Manager would kill deals as means to discourage sales people. Worse experience in my career. Manager yelled and screamed at employees.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Con Artist Management
No longer in business
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMarch 23, 2018
Again a company no longer in business. Palm Harbor was purchased by a larger competitor and dissolved. The CEO was very professional. It was also a good place to work.
Loved the job
JOB PROCESS WRITER (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALMarch 3, 2018
It was a great place to work. I worked in the office and enjoyed the staff. The managers were helpful and willing to work with you to get your job done.
Pros
The people were great to work with
Cons
company moved.
Former Employee
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Great work environment, Clean and friendly as well. Management was available for you to help you learn and grow where you needed. Thanks for the opportunities it gave me.
very fast paced
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2018
production line industry building manufactured homes. Unfortunately, Palm Harbor went bankrupt and the plant was closed after 28 years in business. Great management
Pros
managers
Cons
no longer in business
Sales job
Licensed Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXNovember 8, 2017
Very stressful and if you are not a hard nose salesman, you need not go to work here.The co workers are great but there is a high turnover here.So good luck.
fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMNovember 2, 2017
Sales maintaining a high level of integrity throughout the sale, show prospects display homes, provide home buying
experience by exceeding the customer expectations and honoring commitments.
days vary and cross training
Service Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 31, 2017
input completed service worksheets, address customer service calls, worked close to service contractors and service department. allowed to do cross training in other department.. hardest part of the day was finding something to do when it was slow

Want to know more about Palm Harbor Homes?

Ask a question
Bad experience
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2017
You work so hard, management take your comisións plus there’s not opportunities for woman’s at all
There’s old management who just look for men’s handle the company
Great training and leadership.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TexasOctober 24, 2017
Very competitive and awesome management team. I learned many leadership skills that will benefit me greatly in my work career and in life. Very greatful for the opportunity to work with this company.
Housing Sales & Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2017
The work hours are long, but enjoyable because of the customers,management and upper management are not, it's a cutthroat business and if they don't like you they will let you go and give the sales that you made to other salesman, not a secure job to have, even if you are a top producer, they will do that to you. Many former employees could say and seen that happen. Good income if you can make it thru to getting paid. Not recommended if you have a family at home waiting for you..
Pros
great customers, and income
Cons
Long hours, and no job security
Not a person
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
This company didn't view their employees as people l. You are nothing more than a cog in the machine. All that matters to managment is that proruction is made. The bonus system is a joke and nearly impossible to make. If you have a family dont expect to see them or be around for them monday through Friday.
Pros
Pay was fair
Cons
You are nothing more than a replacable tool
after safty meeting
roof builder (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 1, 2017
build and set roofs, adding in duct vents and pipping for ac/heat.insure that the length and width are right with the blueprints, then send the roof down to the tape and paint pit.
a typical day at work
roof set (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLSeptember 21, 2017
we would always be asked to come in earlier then usual every morning, setting the roofs would always be stressful and we would have to do it quick paced and perfect and it was always overall stressful.
fun place to work
exterior worker (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCSeptember 17, 2017
This a good place to work. One of the best job I ever had. As long as you have good work habits you should be fine. If you are not a hard worker do apply for this job because you gone work or go to the house.
Good Luck
General Manager (Former Employee) –  RUN, AWAYSeptember 9, 2017
It was not a place of work I would refer a friend or family member. The experience was something I had never experienced in my professional career. The product was phenomenal, I did well there but the cards I played with were not out of the same deck as some of the other players. But I still played my hand.
Stressful but fulfilling
Operation Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2017
As operations manager I was responsible for the funding of loans. This required a lot of attention to detail and communication with customers and vendors.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Lots of stress
It's great!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vidor, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Working with Palm Harbor has been great, because they treat you like family. A typical day is usually pretty relaxed and fun, because you have the ability to relax and talk to your manager one on one and there is never any pressure involved.