PALM TERRACE OF MATTOON Employee Reviews

Terrible management & don’t care about residents.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 7, 2019
I recently worked at Palm Terrace and I liked the job, until my trainer started treating me like garbage, like I was her child. Then after I was fully trained, everyone suddenly started adding things for me to do, enough to the point where I worked nonstop from 5am till about 3:30 Pm with no breaks when everyone else left at 1 and got at least 4 smoke breaks and got a 30 min lunch break. Then I had to leave early one day for a family emergency (one hour before my shift ended) and I was sick one day and texted my supervisor. She said I had already missed two days and if I missed another, I would be terminated. I hadn’t missed two days and I was sick, I was thinking of the health of the residents and she said if I was late or didn’t show up to work because of being “sick” (even though I was puking and constantly in the bathroom), I would be fired. So I texted the Administrator; and she told me the same thing. They don’t care about residents health at all!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overworked, rude staff, poor management
Very nice place to work
Hall assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 27, 2019
I would go in and get report from the hall assistant and CNA's that were leaving for the day. I then would go check on each resident of the hall I was working on and see if there was anything they were needing.
like working with the residence
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 12, 2019
I like working with the residence I was a housekeeper at Palm Terrace cleaning the tables taking the residents out to smoke sweeping and mopping it wasn't enough pay so I got another job
ok work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILSeptember 24, 2018
short staffed all the time
terrible management
not much care for employees
only cares about family that works within facility
does not care about peoples life outside of work
They Are There To Make Money
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 4, 2018
Working with the residents and employees there, you learn to care for some of them and that would be the only reason to continue employment there. The management is atrocious. When you start they offer to work with you on your schedule or any emergencies that may come up but they only do it to blackmail you later if you have a problem or decide to leave. In their own words: "If you leave, good luck finding another job because we won't give you a good reference". Residents get mistreated and when brought to the attention of management, the investigation never comes to fruition. I do not know how this facility has passed a single state survey as no safety, infection control, or resident rights procedures are followed. You get flack from other coworkers when you try to follow proper procedure. Little to no training is given for any position (you have to figure it out yourself over time). Constantly understaffed but rarely is there an empty bed. All they care about is filling the facility for the most money possible while paying out the least to employees. Benefits are non-existent. Employee attitudes are dismal as well as management. I wouldn't let a loved one stay in this facility even if it was FREE.
I get to see some of the residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILSeptember 4, 2016
The best part of the job was the residents I would like to try a different job in nursing home. Being able to put a smile on one of there faces.I don't get to work hands on with them much because I work when they are sleeping
Pros
they let me work part time
Cons
I need to go to days