Palm Tran Employee Reviews

lots of question about job
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 15, 2018
great job couldn't be late call a miss out .had great buses to drive. good uniform they P=purchase . you could always talk with the bosses, all employees was great.
Horrid Work Culture
Administration (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Work morale is low at Palm Tran. CEO only cares about image, smiling for pictures and forcing employees to get useless awards; he does not care about the service or employees. Do not get fooled by positive reviews, they seem to be written by Palm Tran's Marketing department.
Pros
Beneftis, salary
Cons
Bad management
How I Feel
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 27, 2017
Palm Tran was a good job for me. It was my first job actually and real hands-on. i enjoyed my time their not only because it was my first job but because i was to myself and i had to get my job done on my time before a specific time. I didnt have nobody consistently pressuring me about my job.
Pros
good management, good work experience
Cons
Outside so weather could change up anytime
Great place to work.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Palm, PAOctober 1, 2017
We had a lunchroom with a microwave and refrigerator so you could bring food to heat up. The drivers room had a television and you were permitted to watch until you had a run.
Benefits, job opportunity and good environment. Typical work day consisted of picking up and dropping off passengers at designated bus stops. Pre-trip buses to ensure they are safe. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Benefits and opportunity
Cons
Long work hours
Place of Learning
Assistant Manager, Maintenance and Operations (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLMarch 3, 2016
A place where team cooperation plays a big part in accomplishing its mission.
Leadership is necessary to establishing a program for staff to follow in order to obtain efficiency, while creating accountability.
Benefits
Cons
Slow Growth
Example: Productive and fun workplace with a educated maneger
Tech mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this bis expected of a big company.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew
Don't recall
Clerical & Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 28, 2014
Don't recall a typical work day
Don't recall what I learnt
Don't Recall what Management is like
Don't Recall what co-workers are like
Don't Recall the hardest part of the job
Don't Recall the enjoyable part of the job
Palm Tran was a fun and intresting place to work
BUS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 11, 2014
Palm Tran is really a very good job, lots of room for growth, very good to it's employee's.
Pros
exellent benefits
Cons
work really long hours and deal with alot of rude people.
Diciplined work environment
Transit bus driver (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 26, 2014
Pre trip the bus
defensive driving
Management was strict but fair
co-workers were team players
Communicating with passengers
Pros
pleasant working conditions
Cons
short breaks
everyone worked well as a team
From Mechanic to Supervisor to Material Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2014
It was a place where you enjoyed to go to work. Most of the people where happy and would work together.
I had went through varies training programs and management training.
Had the best team member to work with.
The hardest thing was to leave.
It was great to be around all the great and pleasant people.
Pros
Fridays lunchen
Productive and busy workplace
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 13, 2014
Dealing with different people all day long, can be challenging but for me it was exciting.
fair
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachNovember 12, 2013
This company could do better reference to pay and employees complaints
Bus Driver
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  West Palm BeachAugust 7, 2012
A typical day may span from 4am to the latest 8 pm.. You can be held for 16 hours but allowed to drive for 12.. Union job contract has yet to be negotiated so currently in wage FREEZE!!!
Pros
benefits, decent pay
Cons
driver assaults
Productive & fun place to work, Mgmt needs an overhaul.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FloridaJuly 24, 2012
It is a great place to work, Co-workers are great, some are even like family. A typical day, requires that you are fully prepared for work, everyday is different from the last. You need various equipment; cameras, many pens, handheld radio, flashlight etc.
It is a fast paced environment. You must be able to multitask. Dealing with the public has to be the hardest for most people. I absolutely loved it. Management needs training on how to deal, talk and interact with their subordinates. There is no confidentiality between HR and everyone else.
Pros
you work independently
Cons
hr tells your business to everyone
Unethical
Safety Training Officer (Former Employee) –  WEST PALM BEACH, FLJuly 2, 2012
Being from another state and not knowing much of florida law I did expected management to be more helpful. They where very helpful in telling me that the director was a good for nothing who didnt back up management and they couldnt wait for him to get fired. So 17 years is enough to trust someone over 2 months. I sujest you look into that comment you will be surprised. And who to talk to and not. Well for your information those they said not to talk to where the honest people who did their jobs and minded their own business just like me. I wasnt in the in gossip crowd those where the 2 bosses always talking bad about other people if they only looked at themselves. By the way they even told me that to watch out for my trainer she wasnt to be trusted that she had a big mouth. I hated that of them. They hired me I didnt hire me so if they felt so strongly about me and choosed me over inhouse employees why ask for a resignation after only 2 months of employment? Not only that but why have someone train me who wanted my position who didnt help me. For example; if I made a mistake help me correct it dont run to the boss actually what that is doing is making you look bad. Also withholding pertinant information to do my job and when you where in hot water you lied and said you showed me. And after complaining to management nothing was done. Would you feel comfortable talking to management about anything? Absolutly not!! I was set up for failure and after begging for my job I was even called a liar. It was a big mistake leaving home for this. I even consulted an attorney and the stupid  more... florida law of at will employment screwed me up. No wonder unemployment is so high in florida. Management loves to hire to have that power of authority to fire because you needede a cup of coffee before starting work and you didnt sit at your desk first thing.  less
Pros
the wonderful friends i made
Cons
too much drama.