Palmdale School District Employee Reviews

work
Substitute Instructional Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 9, 2018
I was given the opportunity to become a permanent employee for the Palmdale School District for the elementary school Golden Poppy. My duties were to supervise school children when the teacher is not present, help aid the teachers when needed for various classrooms grades K- 6th, as well as tutoring struggling students in various subjects.
Not enough support
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 7, 2018
Kind of hectic, some views on educational advancement debatable, not enough teacher support, discipline, impacted classrooms, hardest part of job is dealing with unruly kids and lack of discipline for serious issues.
good work place
Sub Noon Duty (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 6, 2018
nice clean workplace,friendly co worker.the hardest part of job is to get all the student in line after lunch to wait for there teachers to take them back to class.the most enjoyable part is to all the students have fun and play with each other.
Pros
Cheap lunchs.
Cons
short work hours
enjoyment to work with kids
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 4, 2018
like working with kids and its a fun and leaning environment. A typical
day would for me is to make sure everybody gets there meals and
learn there pin numbers.
Pros
Free Lunches, Summer off
Cons
few hours a day
Subbing
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 4, 2018
More often than not, lesson plans were available. Only one time did I need assistance from staff when a teacher left in the middle of the day and was out for two weeks. The staff was quick to help me write up lesson plans so that the students did not get behind in the pacing plan.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having students hug me as they left.
day in the life
Floating Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Helping with the front desk at various locations, customer service and sorting through papers. Got to be around children and learn the new habits about each life.
Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Does not pay enough. The kids at the schools are very very Rude. Some of the employees are very petty. The school is not a good place for the kids to play at either.
n/a
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Everyday was different and routine hardly stuck. Children are great, advancement is extremely hard, a lot of competition. People are great, some of the schools are great.
Love feeding the children
Child Nutrition cashier (Current Employee) –  East palmdaleDecember 30, 2017
People are great environment is friendly but strict..love working with children and making sure they eat a healthy meal. Its a job that I can keep climbing the ladder
good to work at, but could be managed better
Certificated Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 20, 2017
In Palmdale there seemed to lots of favoritism with principals. A couple years ago we got a new superintendent which helped the culture of teaching and made it more enjoyable to work at.
Fun Workplace
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 1, 2017
I love working here it is very relaxing and fun. Working with the kids is really good experience for what I want to do later in life. Everyone here is so nice and so helpful.
Great Place to Learn
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Summerwind and Wildflower Elementary SchoolsNovember 29, 2017
I did my Student Teaching here. It was a great place to learn, as a teacher and a student. I would recommend applying for work in this district and enrolling your student here, too. The only reason I left was because my Student Teaching assignments were up, and there was a teacher hiring freeze during that time. By the time the hiring freeze had ended, I had moved to Norther California.
easy to get sub job
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 4, 2017
Once you pass the background check and finger printing ( which you have to pay out of pocket for) its pretty easy to take an assignment. They have a system that you can log onto to find a job.
Very laid back
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 3, 2017
Working the night shift is very calm. You work at your own pace and you just do your job correctly. There's no interruptions I love it. now working the morning shift is more intense you have the children and the other employees to tend to.
Good place
Noon Duty Worker (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 31, 2017
The only thing about this job was the kids can be very disrespectful. The some workers their can be very competitive on moving up the ladder in positions.
Community title 1
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 16, 2017
Very low socioeconomical area. Largest population of foster care. Not much on discipline or consequences for poor choices. Also had to serve breakfast in the classroom for everyone and they had to work while they ate!
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Exhausting job little respect for teachers
productive and fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 9, 2017
I love working with children ,, its a great feeling knowing that you have accomplished for the students to be ready for Kindergarden ,I was going to school to become a Teacher but at that time We were experiencing a Recession at the time Teachers were getting laid off and Schools funds were cut to finish college .
Pros
Great Job suceed to teach our students to be prepare for kindergarden
Cons
no Healthcare
breaks are great
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 13, 2017
it's a great place to work good people parents are friendly student are awesome....................................................................!!!.
the pay is good the staff is great.....the hardest part of my job when have. to leave
okay
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 4, 2017
supervisor made me feel uncomfortable at times. but the pay was great coworkers very helpful easy work management is all messed up they let you go without reason
It all depends on what school site your at and If the principal/vice principal likes you.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 30, 2017
Some Principals and Vps are less hands on and let you do your job effectively, but others can be very confrontational and abuse their power to intimidate and control every aspect of everyones job. Its the luck of the draw.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Too many to mention.