Palmer Group Employee Reviews

Professional company with supportive coworkers
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 8, 2018
The company is made up of individuals who are committed to making lives better through every role and responsibility. I have supportive and encouraging coworkers that make the company culture so welcoming. I love coming into work everyday!
PART TIME ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAAugust 4, 2018
I was put at LWBJ where the atmosphere was amazing and kind, everyone helped out and wanted to know what the other person was doing. I enjoyed working there.
Never again
None (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 27, 2018
Palmer Group was the first time I dealt with a hiring agency and why I will never work with one again. I took time out of my day to meet with them, did all the assessments, and never heard from them again. I was told I would hear back within a week with results and potential jobs. When I didn't, I made multiple calls and sent multiple emails with no response. This is not an agency that I would recommend to anyone. I'm guessing they dont like when someone wants direct hire and they don't like if you know you don't want temporary data entry work. They only want you if you're willing to do terrible contract work so they get the most profit.
Pros
Cons
Don't return calls
Unprofessional
Claims Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 20, 2018
I was extremely disappointed when I worked a contract through Palmer group. When I was told my contract was ending early by the company I was working for Palmer group had no idea and my staffing recruiter assigned to me apparently wasn’t my recruiter anymore and I wasn’t told that. They told me they would call me and set me up with a new recruiter and job and they never called. Never got calls asking how the job was going. It was honestly terrible and that unfortunate due to me knowing the company and people for 10+ years.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Rude
Gives you the tools to succeed
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 7, 2018
Whether Palmer is placing you in your next career or you work for them, you can tell they sincerely care about their employees. Very fun and collaborative environment. Palmer's employees make every effort to ensure they are putting you in a position to succeed. I would definitely recommend utilizing their services.
Great Company to Work For
Mail Room Operator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 25, 2018
Palmer Group is awesome. The representative you speak with goes over your resume and takes an interest in you to place you at the right contracted job.
Pros
Reps easy to work with
Productive and Fun Workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMarch 5, 2018
Sign in, build and update Excel spreadsheets, update websites, work with HTML, eat breakfast and/or lunch in the cafe, and get to know awesome coworkers. Management is friendly and easy to get along with. Diverse culture, lots of work with charities, and a health/wellness group. The hardest, and most enjoyable part of this job was learning HTML.
Pros
Free coffee, fun programs, volunteer work, fun colleagues
Cons
Constant huddles and meetings
Workplace was relaxed-jeans everyday.
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 22, 2018
Typical work day was to make changes to existing enrollments via spreadsheets. In between work was picking up mail, and dispersing. Worked with one other person that was so helpful and willing to assist when I had questions. Worked in a mail room type office. Filled in at Reception. Great workplace culture. Hardest part of my job was leaving because contract was up with agency. The most enjoyable were the people.
Pros
Loved the company I was placed with. Had other committments and they worked with me.
Cons
Working with the temp agency. Very cutthroat and I had a manager I couldn't communicate with.
Terrible experience to work for this company
Processor I (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 6, 2018
This company does not care about employees, or people for that matter. This company should be replaced with employers that take time to hire the right employees. It is curious that this company is still in business.
Pros
You are actually working.
Cons
You are among the working poor.
Palmer Group is pretty cool.
Operations 3 Clerk-Wells Fargo (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2017
I got put on an assignment to Wells Fargo through Palmer Group. They were very supportive while I was on the assignment. I didn't end up getting hired on full time.
Pros
Pay. Follow up
Cons
Didn't like assignment

Want to know more about Palmer Group?

Ask a question
Strong Placement Ogranization
Regional Recruiter - CLG Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 9, 2017
For being a temporary role - I felt that the staff cared and wanted me to be successful. Was quickly placed and had follow up after placement from those at the agency.
Pros
Well respected
Cons
Temporary roles
great work/ family balance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 7, 2017
very helpful, listened to your needs, management was awesome, supplied all the things you needed to do your job correctly, would check up to make sure everything was in good working order and still fit your needs.
They seem to care
Inbound Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 9, 2017
When I first started my first position at the company they assigned me to, my recruiter was constantly checking in to see how I enjoyed my job. Whenever I needed time off, they were more than willing to accommodate.
first job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2017
my father worked at the dealership for years. they were looking for someone to work in the office. so wonderful they gave a chance on a teenager to give so much responsibility for this job. would love to do this job again
Fun and productive
Loan Servicing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 3, 2017
Helpful staff to assist. However, lack of communication sometimes makes management a bit problematic. Would recommend creating stronger communication line with employee
A lack of integrity
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 14, 2017
I took the position with Palmer with the understanding as temp to hire in 6 months. It never happened. When the number of calls began to decrease later in the year. The temps were the first to be taken off the assignment. Temps were not allowed to use the fitness facilities even though we got constant emails about it. Temps were not allowed to take part in team festivities such as potlucks. I was supposed to meet with a rep from the agency on a regular basis. My meetings were constantly cancelled without notice.
Pros
The people I worked with were friendly and ready to help you when need it.
Cons
No benefits and lack of agency support on the assignment.
The Staff
Administration (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 12, 2016
Palmer Group staff have a lot to learn about professionalism and returning phone calls and showing that they are keeping an eye out for their clients. Staff do not communicate with their clients. I've worked with professional head hunters in other states before and Palmer Group does not rate well.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Unprofessional and do keep in touch with their clients.
Always a contract job.... Never full-time with benefits.
Various office professional roles (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 1, 2015
Send they just want to keep you on contract forever to make money off the sweat of my back. No more contract assignments for me! Insurance they offer is a terrible plan. I don't think agencies and employers should be able to confine getting away with no benefits for working so hard for them anymore. If we all quit working these thankless temp jobs where they can dump you at any time, maybe this whilom change and they will find to get us to work for them, they need to also give something back for our efforts. Tired of being used.
Pros
Pay is better than most other agencies.
Cons
They are, after all, "flesh peddlers."
Only worked briefly as a temp
DOCUMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  DES MOINESApril 2, 2015
Didn't work there long enough to form a good impression. I left after only 3 months to start graduate study
The job was not challenging. The agency placed me at a level that was below my qualifications
Better Customer Service
Client Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 15, 2015
Needs to work on better Customer Service. Was very rude when asked questions just very short. Took a long time for them to place in a job. Once assignment ended didn't have any other open positions to place me in. So had to start job search all over again after waiting months for them to place in another position. Overall I would not recommend working for them just due to the fact they weren't very pleasant, they are supposed to be there to answer and provide any and all information necessary to your job and that just didn't happen and was made to feel as if I was inconveniencing them by asking questions.
Pros
They deal with good companies to work for
Cons
customer service not very pleasant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmer Group. Our community is ready to answer.