Palmer Group Employee Reviews

Great Temporary Agency to work for!!
Employment Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 13, 2018
Loved working for this company. I only had 1 job the whole time I worked for them and only left because the company wanted me to become a permanent employee and I did not feel it was the right fit for me.
Pros
Great staff and I made alot of good friends!
Cons
Just the fact that it was a temporary position
Great Company to Contract For
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 26, 2018
Staff members of The Palmer Group and very helpful and attentive. They do a great job with keeping current with their contractor's progress, job satisfaction, and placement needs.
It took them over 3 months to get back my personal items Because my manager had "lost" them
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 20, 2018
Could hardly get a call back much less get my personal belongings. 3 months AFTER my last assignment with them I was called in to collect my personal belongings that they FINALLY obtained. Was less then impressed with the company I temped for and even less with Palmer
Loan Processer
Loan processor (3rd party Temporary position) (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 2, 2018
It was a temp project. had to complete it for one season only.

• Call to verify employed of customers.
• Complete written verification of employment.
• Help the new hires.
Pros
good learning experiance
Cons
ended too soon
Fun company to work for,relaxed and very understanding of contract employees.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Ames, IASeptember 7, 2018
Palmer Group placed me in one of the best companies in Ames area and I was offered a full time position by the company after 6 months. Palmer was very understanding and always checked on me to see how I was fairing at my job. I would totally recommend Palmer Group to anyone especially recent college engineering students.
Pros
Insurance after 90 days, weekly paycheck .
Relaxed atmosphere with great communication
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 30, 2018
I worked for Palmer Group for a short time while I was between jobs. The management was flexible with my class schedule and allowed me to increase and decrease hours as needed. When I found permanent employment, it was very easy to terminate my contract with Palmer Group. I still receive follow-up calls, checking in with me at my new position and asking if I know of anyone needing a job. Overall I am very pleased with my experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Temporary
A place that cares
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAAugust 28, 2018
Palmer Group is a good company that cares about it's employees, they go above and beyond to make sure that the job you are placed in is the correct fit for you.
Palmer Group prides itself on helping others. It is a fun work atmosphere with leaders that care.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 27, 2018
I have worked at Palmer Group for over 2 years now and have no plans of leaving anytime soon. Hard work is rewarded here. Palmer Group offers a variety of company events that make working here awesome.
Great contract place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 26, 2018
Everyone at Palmer is very professional and helpful. I have only been on one assignment so far but the recruiter was very supportive and is working on finding me another assignment.
Pros
good wages, great places to work
Cons
it is a temp to perm or contract company so no job security
Production Seed Tech (Former Employee) –  Slater, IAAugust 24, 2018
I have had a couple of temporary positions through Palmer Group. I felt that they matched me well with the jobs where I was placed. I received enough communication from them to be helpful, yet not so much as to be bothersome.
Pros
Very helpful employees.
Cons
Not quite as many matches to temp jobs as I would like.

Want to know more about Palmer Group?

Ask a question
Professional company with supportive coworkers
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 8, 2018
The company is made up of individuals who are committed to making lives better through every role and responsibility. I have supportive and encouraging coworkers that make the company culture so welcoming. I love coming into work everyday!
PART TIME ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAAugust 4, 2018
I was put at LWBJ where the atmosphere was amazing and kind, everyone helped out and wanted to know what the other person was doing. I enjoyed working there.
Great Place To Work
Banking/Mortgage Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2018
Palmer Group is a great place to work both directly with the company as well as with there placement services. Leadership is great and you can trust that when they make decisions they are doing so with the employees and company's best interests in mind.
summary
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2018
good place to work for, not sure what else to say, the pay was good and i enjoyed the weekly paychcks. however they did not check on me and my assisgnment as much as told
Never again
None (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 27, 2018
Palmer Group was the first time I dealt with a hiring agency and why I will never work with one again. I took time out of my day to meet with them, did all the assessments, and never heard from them again. I was told I would hear back within a week with results and potential jobs. When I didn't, I made multiple calls and sent multiple emails with no response. This is not an agency that I would recommend to anyone. I'm guessing they dont like when someone wants direct hire and they don't like if you know you don't want temporary data entry work. They only want you if you're willing to do terrible contract work so they get the most profit.
Pros
Cons
Don't return calls
Unprofessional
Claims Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 20, 2018
I was extremely disappointed when I worked a contract through Palmer group. When I was told my contract was ending early by the company I was working for Palmer group had no idea and my staffing recruiter assigned to me apparently wasn’t my recruiter anymore and I wasn’t told that. They told me they would call me and set me up with a new recruiter and job and they never called. Never got calls asking how the job was going. It was honestly terrible and that unfortunate due to me knowing the company and people for 10+ years.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Rude
Gives you the tools to succeed
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 7, 2018
Whether Palmer is placing you in your next career or you work for them, you can tell they sincerely care about their employees. Very fun and collaborative environment. Palmer's employees make every effort to ensure they are putting you in a position to succeed. I would definitely recommend utilizing their services.
Great Company to Work For
Mail Room Operator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 25, 2018
Palmer Group is awesome. The representative you speak with goes over your resume and takes an interest in you to place you at the right contracted job.
Pros
Reps easy to work with
Productive and Fun Workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMarch 5, 2018
Sign in, build and update Excel spreadsheets, update websites, work with HTML, eat breakfast and/or lunch in the cafe, and get to know awesome coworkers. Management is friendly and easy to get along with. Diverse culture, lots of work with charities, and a health/wellness group. The hardest, and most enjoyable part of this job was learning HTML.
Pros
Free coffee, fun programs, volunteer work, fun colleagues
Cons
Constant huddles and meetings
Productive and fun, slow times and busy times
Customer Service Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAFebruary 1, 2018
Was a contract job with a lot of employee turn over. Other positions available through the Palmer Group were different than what I worked so would have different reviews.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Employee turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmer Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about