Palmetto General Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast Paced- Great Training
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 17, 2018
This hospital has changed so much during the years that it is incredible. It is a great resource for the community for their healthcare needs and even though I am longer there, I was very proud to be associated with the team at PGH.
Pros
Great teamwork; benefits
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth
A busy day in ccu
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 28, 2018
Very team oriented employees,very good family oriented environment.Good management,nice family members and visitors,good cafeteria,always options of different things to eat and accomodating to everyone
a heavy load of patients limited resources
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 25, 2018
Employees work really hard and they are well unrecognized. They care about the patients but the have limited resources and a heavy load of patients per employee. Administration is hard core, and that reflects in the poor retention of good employees
Pros
Culture and friendship
Cons
lack of respect from Administration
Bueno
Mantenimiento ,Empleado (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 4, 2018
Para mi buen trabajo y muy buen funcionamiento ,bien competente p el mercado de trabajo ,calificado 5 estrella
Pros
Bajar los seguros privados
Cons
No se
Rn
Director of Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 2, 2018
I did not enjoy this job and I would not return there for employment. The management was very weak although the management I worked with is no longer there now.
Physical Therapy Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2018
Sometimes it is difficult to find quality jobs that value you and let you connect with other professionals. I very much enjoyed the team environment. The people and environment were great.
Pros
Great Coffee
Productive work place
Registered Nurse/ Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 29, 2018
Our typical work day is busy as expected in any Hospital. The majority of the Culture in the Community we serve is Hispanics. It is a great place to work as long as you have team members in the department.
Productive plave
Hospital Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 23, 2018
I had a chance to see at first hand how the patients were treated and quid tours their rehabilitation I was part of this because I was in charge of putting in the system all the PT needed including their fallow ups with doctors outside the facility.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
heptic at times
Great
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 7, 2018
Palmetto is a great Hospital and very professional.
I have been working in Palmetto General Hospital for more than 4 years and I have had my best experience working as a Telemetry Technician in step down and 3rd floor.
It is a good place o work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 10, 2018
Palmetto was an excellent school for me. I am glad of work there for almost 3 years. This place give opportunity to new grads and the salary is fair enough.
exceptional work environment
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work at Palmetto General Hospital is consist of lots of teamwork, employees connections, working smart. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting smiles on people's faces and making differences in people's lives.
Level I Acute Care Internship
Level I Fieldwork Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2018
Palmetto General Hospital provided me with the basis of acute care occupational therapy and allowed me to learn the fundamental skills for providing quality care.
mary poppins
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 20, 2018
I did what I had to do and now I am leaving. I like a lot of the workers and culture. my spanish greatly improved. The cafeteria needs to be improved, PT focused care and PT experience need to be improved.
Pros
people, clients, culture
Cons
Food, hours, compensation
Stressful
Medical Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 12, 2018
Stressful environment been there 10 years room to climb the latter. Management all depends on who you work for. Culture 95% Hispanic. Hardest but of the job administration does nothing for its employees no appreciation what so ever. I love my co workers that's what has gotten me through
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No one cares if you are exist
ER Paramedic
Emergency Room Technician - EMT/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  hialeahMarch 10, 2018
Responsible for providing and directing fast, efficient Advanced Life Support to ill and injured patients of all ages, utilizing basic and advanced techniques. Placement of peripheral and ultrasound-guided IV’s, 12-lead EKG’s, dressing wounds and splinting extremities, among many other responsibilities supporting Nursing staff and other Medical professionals.
Impossible to advance
Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hialaeah, FloridaMarch 10, 2018
The office where I worked was micro managed. Employees are constantly threatened withe HR. The HR department is a 1 woman show that patronizes everything you say.
Fast pace, exciting, flex hours and shifts
Secretary Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 8, 2018
Working for palmetto was a steppng stone for my career. The hospital help me build hours and experience for my medical license. They help me with flexible hours so I can continue my school.
Stressful environment
(EMT) ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 5, 2018
Emergency Room with little to enjoy except a few staff members, cafe and some down time for reading. Management very corrupt, hiring practices nepotistic and unfair.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Long hours, a lot of work for little pay
Walking distance from my house.
Director, Counselor, and Educator- (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 22, 2018
The location of PGH was excellent because it was walking by.
Management didnt particular care for their employees because it belongs to a very large company. I started with a very low salary and it takes years for you to get a raise. I never had a problem with them because I was very well know by everyone. They are constantly asking me to go back.
Pros
Very close to my house.
Cons
Nightmare to get a raise.
Best Stroke Center in the Eastern part of United States
Position no longer available (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Palmetto General Hospital is a hospital that is always striving to deliver the best care possible. Very friendly and supportive environment. Had great experience!!
Pros
Workplace Culture, Management Support