Palmetto General Hospital Employee Reviews

Great
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 7, 2018
Palmetto is a great Hospital and very professional.
I have been working in Palmetto General Hospital for more than 4 years and I have had my best experience working as a Telemetry Technician in step down and 3rd floor.
It is a good place o work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 10, 2018
Palmetto was an excellent school for me. I am glad of work there for almost 3 years. This place give opportunity to new grads and the salary is fair enough.
Level I Acute Care Internship
Level I Fieldwork Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2018
Palmetto General Hospital provided me with the basis of acute care occupational therapy and allowed me to learn the fundamental skills for providing quality care.
mary poppins
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 20, 2018
I did what I had to do and now I am leaving. I like a lot of the workers and culture. my spanish greatly improved. The cafeteria needs to be improved, PT focused care and PT experience need to be improved.
Pros
people, clients, culture
Cons
Food, hours, compensation
Stressful
Medical Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 12, 2018
Stressful environment been there 10 years room to climb the latter. Management all depends on who you work for. Culture 95% Hispanic. Hardest but of the job administration does nothing for its employees no appreciation what so ever. I love my co workers that's what has gotten me through
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No one cares if you are exist
ER Paramedic
Emergency Room Technician - EMT/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  hialeahMarch 10, 2018
Responsible for providing and directing fast, efficient Advanced Life Support to ill and injured patients of all ages, utilizing basic and advanced techniques. Placement of peripheral and ultrasound-guided IV’s, 12-lead EKG’s, dressing wounds and splinting extremities, among many other responsibilities supporting Nursing staff and other Medical professionals.
Impossible to advance
Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hialaeah, FloridaMarch 10, 2018
The office where I worked was micro managed. Employees are constantly threatened withe HR. The HR department is a 1 woman show that patronizes everything you say.
Fast pace, exciting, flex hours and shifts
Secretary Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 8, 2018
Working for palmetto was a steppng stone for my career. The hospital help me build hours and experience for my medical license. They help me with flexible hours so I can continue my school.
Stressful environment
(EMT) ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 5, 2018
Emergency Room with little to enjoy except a few staff members, cafe and some down time for reading. Management very corrupt, hiring practices nepotistic and unfair.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Long hours, a lot of work for little pay
Walking distance from my house.
Director, Counselor, and Educator- (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 22, 2018
The location of PGH was excellent because it was walking by.
Management didnt particular care for their employees because it belongs to a very large company. I started with a very low salary and it takes years for you to get a raise. I never had a problem with them because I was very well know by everyone. They are constantly asking me to go back.
Pros
Very close to my house.
Cons
Nightmare to get a raise.
Best Stroke Center in the Eastern part of United States
Position no longer available (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Palmetto General Hospital is a hospital that is always striving to deliver the best care possible. Very friendly and supportive environment. Had great experience!!
Pros
Workplace Culture, Management Support
Good
Overnight Technician (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 13, 2018
GREAT alues your feedback.
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other companies, offers, or websites
Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information
Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
Allegations of illegal activity - this is not a forum for reporting crimes
Enjoy writing your review!
Nice place to work
Ultrasound Teach (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent place to work.
Excellent team of radiologists.
Teaching hospital with friendly residents.
Very busy emergency room and the opportunity to learn almost all type of ultrasound .
Csr tech.
Center Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day at work when I get there is write down the room temperature, check the orders received from the different units of the Hospital to start distributing them. What I have learned is that it has to be in a fast pace to deliver supplies on time. The hardest part of my job is to check the inventory so we always have enough supplies available for the patients.
Very Racist
Nurse Manager- Med-Surg/Telemetry - Interim (Former Employee) –  Palmetto FLFebruary 7, 2018
If you were not Hispanic you were not accepted by the CEO. She was cruel and disrespectful. Making managers, and Directors take patient along with performing their other duties is an impossible tasks.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Overall Culture
Registered Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy Tech) (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 28, 2018
I was worked as a pharmacy technician under Pharmacist direct . the pharmacy technician working to fill all new and continue prescriptions to the impatient. to completed the inventory in the pharmacy department to use in all hospital
Great Career Experience
SENIOR STAFF-RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work due to the fact that it's a high volume patient turnover. Great career learning opportunities. Very supportive management. Physicians and nurses are all very professional.
Productive place to work.
Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Palmetto General Hospital is an amazing to to work. I'm happy of the decision of working here. The work place culture is amazing and working with people of different walks of life you get to learn form them.
Decent place to work
ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 8, 2018
No advancement as a unit secretary. Started as a secretary with no room to move/ Very busy ER. Be prepared to work. Only the strong survive. Bilingual is necessary
A fun environment
Lead Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2018
A teamwork, family environment, great management. the culture of the workplace is phenomenal, although it was more of a Hispanic culture the environment was so welcoming and pleasant, it was very soothing going to work.
Pros
excellent work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmetto General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Palmetto General Hospital Reviews by Location