Palmetto General Hospital Employee Reviews

Very Fast Pace Environment
HIM Manager (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at Palmetto Hospital while learning the Spanish Culture. I worked with a great group of individuals and the work environment was busy and fun at the same time.
Pros
Learned a lot relevant to the field of Health Information Management
Cons
Walking distance from my house.
Director, Counselor, and Educator- (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 22, 2018
The location of PGH was excellent because it was walking by.
Management didnt particular care for their employees because it belongs to a very large company. I started with a very low salary and it takes years for you to get a raise. I never had a problem with them because I was very well know by everyone. They are constantly asking me to go back.
Pros
Very close to my house.
Cons
Nightmare to get a raise.
Fast Paced- Great Training
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 17, 2018
This hospital has changed so much during the years that it is incredible. It is a great resource for the community for their healthcare needs and even though I am longer there, I was very proud to be associated with the team at PGH.
Pros
Great teamwork; benefits
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth
Best place to work if you want to lose your license
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 3, 2018
Understaffed to the point of compromising patient safety on a daily basis. No help from administration. High patient acuity with patients who are critical and do not meet criteria to be on our floor. 1:7 patient ratio but because it also serves as an observation unit there are a high amount of admissions and discharges and so you can have anywhere between 6-10 patients a shift. CNA's are 1:13 ratio but again, they can have anywhere between 13-18 patients a shift. There is no loyalty and no camaraderie.
Hard work, good co-workers
RN (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Work hard. Co-workers get you through the day. Doctors can be a bit tough till they get to know you as a nurse provided you are efficient and knowledgeable. You learn alot since it is a teaching hospital.
a heavy load of patients limited resources
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 25, 2018
Employees work really hard and they are well unrecognized. They care about the patients but the have limited resources and a heavy load of patients per employee. Administration is hard core, and that reflects in the poor retention of good employees
Pros
Culture and friendship
Cons
lack of respect from Administration
Stressful
Medical Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 12, 2018
Stressful environment been there 10 years room to climb the latter. Management all depends on who you work for. Culture 95% Hispanic. Hardest but of the job administration does nothing for its employees no appreciation what so ever. I love my co workers that's what has gotten me through
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No one cares if you are exist
mary poppins
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 20, 2018
I did what I had to do and now I am leaving. I like a lot of the workers and culture. my spanish greatly improved. The cafeteria needs to be improved, PT focused care and PT experience need to be improved.
Pros
people, clients, culture
Cons
Food, hours, compensation
Great work environment
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 2, 2018
Distance and reduction of hours was my only reason for leaving.

Its a great place to work, benefits are good.

Upgraded equipment's.

Leading technology
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
A busy day in ccu
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 28, 2018
Very team oriented employees,very good family oriented environment.Good management,nice family members and visitors,good cafeteria,always options of different things to eat and accomodating to everyone
Stressful environment
(EMT) ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 5, 2018
Emergency Room with little to enjoy except a few staff members, cafe and some down time for reading. Management very corrupt, hiring practices nepotistic and unfair.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Long hours, a lot of work for little pay
Best Stroke Center in the Eastern part of United States
Position no longer available (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Palmetto General Hospital is a hospital that is always striving to deliver the best care possible. Very friendly and supportive environment. Had great experience!!
Pros
Workplace Culture, Management Support
Very Racist
Nurse Manager- Med-Surg/Telemetry - Interim (Former Employee) –  Palmetto FLFebruary 7, 2018
If you were not Hispanic you were not accepted by the CEO. She was cruel and disrespectful. Making managers, and Directors take patient along with performing their other duties is an impossible tasks.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Overall Culture
Productive work place
Registered Nurse/ Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 29, 2018
Our typical work day is busy as expected in any Hospital. The majority of the Culture in the Community we serve is Hispanics. It is a great place to work as long as you have team members in the department.
Rn
Director of Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 2, 2018
I did not enjoy this job and I would not return there for employment. The management was very weak although the management I worked with is no longer there now.
Great Career Experience
SENIOR STAFF-RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work due to the fact that it's a high volume patient turnover. Great career learning opportunities. Very supportive management. Physicians and nurses are all very professional.
A fun environment
Lead Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2018
A teamwork, family environment, great management. the culture of the workplace is phenomenal, although it was more of a Hispanic culture the environment was so welcoming and pleasant, it was very soothing going to work.
Pros
excellent work environment
It is a good place o work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 10, 2018
Palmetto was an excellent school for me. I am glad of work there for almost 3 years. This place give opportunity to new grads and the salary is fair enough.
Fast pace, exciting, flex hours and shifts
Secretary Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 8, 2018
Working for palmetto was a steppng stone for my career. The hospital help me build hours and experience for my medical license. They help me with flexible hours so I can continue my school.
Productive plave
Hospital Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 23, 2018
I had a chance to see at first hand how the patients were treated and quid tours their rehabilitation I was part of this because I was in charge of putting in the system all the PT needed including their fallow ups with doctors outside the facility.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
heptic at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmetto General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Palmetto General Hospital Reviews by Location