Palmetto Health Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 13, 2018
When working at Palmetto Health they do not notify you when you are making an error. They hold all errors and then terminate your employment without you having a clue of you performing your job duties incorrectly.
Benefits
Cons
Work load
work enviroment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 12, 2018
It is a great place to work in to allow yourself to grow. To expand in life to a bigger and better work load. But allow it was a fast pace place to woke
Pros
great place to learn
Great work culture
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 6, 2018
The CEO and president focuses on the mission of the hospital. Many leaders care about staff and will help to provide development. Patients care is always first and it is reintegrated during on boarding. Great organization to work fot
Pros
Mission of company
Cons
Too many chefs and enough indians
Great
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 1, 2018
My time in Palmetto Health has been great, my coworkers and managers have been amazing .

Every time I go to work I feel very well about my team and about how they perform their job.
Overall gained lots of knowledge and worked for a wonderful company
Managed Care Auditor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 27, 2018
A typical day at work was calling on insurance companies, auditing payments to the contract.

The most challenging part of the job was constant computer usage. . However, talking with the insurance company's was very enjoyable, especially when a large claim was paid .

During my 10 years at Palmetto Health I wish to pay compliments to the following: training, knowledge obtained., along with the excellent preventive awareness of our own health.
Pros
Free lunches walks for life and breast Awareness walks
Cons
New management and added stress due to merger
Limited opportunity for some to move up the career ladder. It's who you know, not what or how much you know
Acute Care Coordinator-RN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 25, 2018
I've held three positions at Palmetto health. The most gratifying was working in the community with the mentally ill population. Although, as the program grew it became very challenging-it was rewarding. The population is one that most people to do want in their neighborhood and they would rather forget. I was very lucky to work with two psychiatrists who had high standards, taught staff and was always available in urgent situations.
Very organized
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 25, 2018
Worked with a great team of therapists and supervisors prior to entering school and would recommend the therapy team to anyone hands down!! Great atmosphere and schedule!!
It is very hard job .
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 25, 2018
There is no future. You never get a raise and there is a large turnover in employees. We payed less than the cost of living in this area. We are treated as if we can be replaced at any time . I love patient care so I love that part of the ob. I would work there until I retire if I got paid enough to retire.
Pros
insurance
Cons
pay
Great place to work for 20 years
Print and Graphic Associate (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 24, 2018
I loved working for Tuomey. It was family oriented until we became part of corporate. My department closed down when I had been there 20 years. I was planning on retiring from there and I thought my loyalty and excellent work history meant something.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
corporate
Great place to work limited opportunity for advancement
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 22, 2018
Great place to work however limited opportunity for advancement. Managers/DIrectors put their picks in positions that others are rightfully qualified for.
Great Place to Start As a New RN
Emergency Room Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 21, 2018
Structured Preceptorship for a Level 1 Trauma. Gives you an opportunity to see real-life emergent situations and apply what you learn in a team-driven environment.
n/a
Lead Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  columbia, scJune 18, 2018
the job consisted of checking in patients and obtaining healthcare information so that we could bill their insurance for the services they received while in the ER.
Great experience and fast-paced environment.
Radiology Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 18, 2018
Palmetto Health Richland was at the forefront of trauma, emergency, and stroke services in Columbia, SC. The environment was demanding and fast-paced, but well-worth the experience.
PRN Nursing Educator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 16, 2018
I have worked in two different departments. Management and co-workers were easy to get along with. Everyone worked hard yet willing to help whenever someone had extra work to do.
Pros
PRN position allowed me to set my hours
Cons
none for this PRN position
Love It
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 14, 2018
Great atmosphere, treat patients like we would want our family members to be treated. Very family oriented the staff always look out for one another. Only con I have there hasn't been any raises in the last 3years.
Pros
Discounts, Fundraisers, Great Atmosphere, Family Oriented
Cons
Raise
Pht
Interface Developer (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 12, 2018
PHT is an outstanding place to work. AS with any work place there are the ups and downs, but the management team works together to make sure you have all the tools you need to complete the job.
Working around and safe environment healthy environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 9, 2018
It was nice sanitize and a healthy place to take your loved ones and enjoy the help and assistance that they were able to provide each family with. I also learned cleanest will help you recover and feel more better
Does not promote from within
Patient Support - Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 9, 2018
Palmetto Health is a good organization to work for but the department you work in and the management you have will determine your internal growth and advancement.
Very gratifying
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 6, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of answering the hospital switchboard and directing calls to the appropriate areas. I always had to be ready and alert because the next call I answered could be a life of death situation. It could be a code blue call.
Pros
The environment was conducive for learning at all times.
Cons
Management seemed to thrive on causing friction between co-workers
don't know much
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 3, 2018
i dont want to review this company as i worked there a very short period of time as i got pregnant and had to leave due to difficulties in my pregnancy