Palmetto Health Employee Reviews

Management choices.
POC testing and assisting the nurses (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 22, 2018
Palmetto Health would be a good place to work if they would put more "veteran" or seasoned nurses in for department managers. The younger nurses have no empathy or respect. More seasoned nurses have developed a wellness for respect and they know how to talk to people.
Pros
Good food in cafeteria.
Cons
They need to hire some older nurses instead of new grads.
I gave them 13 years of my life and that meant nothing to them
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2018
I would rather keep my comments to myself...This is something I could talk about in person. I have nothing else to say on this matter. Not going to speak badly. They do not take the time ti find out what is going on they only get one side of a story and who ever says something they go with that.
Stressfull/fastpaced place to work
Nurse Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2018
Here at Palmetto Health I learned a lot about working with people from other cultures and different personalities.
Management does monthly checks about staff well being.
Pros
Organization wide wellness exams.
Cons
Insurance is expensive.
Keeps you busy.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 13, 2018
I liked working there because you are helping people even though you are a housekeeping.Keeping there rooms clean keeps the germs down. Make them feel safe and comfortable.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Manager, Community Health Data Management (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 11, 2018
Being able to help a fellow team member complete a task or portion of their job by designing something that made it easier to complete. Coming to work and leaving feeling like I accomplished something.
A company with core values
Lead account (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 10, 2018
I worked at PH for 24 years. I enjoyed my experiences. I liked the Standards of Behavior concept and the compensation philosophy strategy they implemented.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Low pay for management
I really don't have anything negative to say about Palmetto Health it's a job.
RN-Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
I really don't have anything negative to say about Palmetto Health it;s a job. You go in and do your job you will not have any problems. If you sit around and worry about what everyone else is doing then you will run into problems, but its like that everywhere. Keep your head done do your work and mind your business and you will do fine.
Good job but need better pay
Patient Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 4, 2018
The job is good get to meet new people staff and patients. Some lack in team work. The PST's need to get paid more for the type of work we do. Good insurance.
Pros
You get to create your own work schedule
Cons
Little pay
Well good if you dont have anything options....
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 26, 2018
The manager want. To use a step latter was only allowed 250 pounds. She was around 360 pounds ...Safety was priority. That was the beginning of my problems. .
Pros
Medical insurance was good
Cons
One man gang
Great organization poor management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 26, 2018
My time at palmetto was great I loved my career as well as my patients I miss them dearly but management is one thing I won’t miss favoritism, and lack of compassion is the problem. My manager would leave early take the day off for any reason seen fit but if you even thought about calling out for emergency, or anything unforeseen there would be h-e -double hockey sticks to pay a grudge would be held against you. If you wrote up an issue on a favorite it would be thrown out an over looked and told that your making it up or it wasn’t an issue the turn around is ridiculous fix management you will keep people longer
Pros
Great environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work with opportunities to grow within in the organization. Changes due to new hospital system may have more opportunities for growth..
Great place to work, excellent team members.
Interim Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2018
Richland, is a very busy level 1 trauma center. You need to be prepare for any type of emergency. The culture there is very profession and driven towards patient care. Great place to work.
Pros
Great support from team members, close to home.
Cons
Cafeteria selections could be better.
Coworker friendly
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2018
Good environment.Some areas are diversified creating friendly atmosphere.
Hardest part of the job was the workload. Could use more employees in certain area.
Pros
Very detailed
Horrible pay for RN’s
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 15, 2018
Many nurses haven’t seen raises in over 5 years yet they are expected to train new nurses who make close to what they are making. Nurses address concerns to management but they are never answered.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
I like my job here
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 9, 2018
I actually LOVE my job here, pay is the ONLY reason I'm looking elsewhere, Out Reach Phlebotomy has to do better with pay. I love Palmetto Health as an organization. I'm thankful that I am able to work here.
Pros
Organization is great
Cons
Pay, and management
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 9, 2018
Although, I am the Administrative Coordinator we are all cross trained to fill in when needed. Currently I'm also am responsible for Outreach. We serve the homeless who have been diagnosis with mental illness. I normally find our consumer at a local shelter that's located in Columbia.
Pros
My co-worker are a great group of people.
Cons
Grant Funded.
A nice place to work
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 6, 2018
A typical day varied. No day was the same.

I learned how to be flexible

Workplace culture was fast pace.

The hardest thing about the job was learning how to work in a high demand environment.

The most enjoyable was working with my coworkers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no full lunch break at times.
Great pay, benefits, mission, people
Medical Laboratory Scientist III (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2018
I love working here I am just simply seeking a day shift position, preferably within the system itself. I organize myself when I come in, check my pending logs, and it's a night of analyzing, problem-solving, and scientific work. The most difficult thing about my job is the shift and trying to sleep and balance work/life, then the expectation to take on extra hours and volunteer for overtime when needed or to cover other people. This is the only downside as a single mother.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Discounts
Cons
3rd Shift Shortages, Expectations for Overtime Work
stressful
Patient Support Technician/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2018
Be prepared to work hard and fast. They need to provide more supervisory training for management staff on how to talk to the employees. Great Benefits.
Pros
great benefits, nurses are friendly
Cons
management staff was very immature
Very stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 13, 2018
When working at Palmetto Health they do not notify you when you are making an error. They hold all errors and then terminate your employment without you having a clue of you performing your job duties incorrectly.
Benefits
Cons
Work load