Palmetto Moon Employee Reviews

Fun, Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2019
Palmetto Moon is an excellent part time job. There are many perks and the people are amazing. The owners make you feel like family and there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Location, Perks, Discounts
Fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 17, 2019
Palmetto Moon was always such a fun place to work and the discounts were awesome! I love shopping at Palmetto Moon and the discounts were a good plus.
Fun workplace but no room to advance
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAApril 8, 2019
I loved working here because it’s a friendly and welcoming environment. Unfortunately, the pay isn’t great and you don’t get raises unless you move up to a shift manager.
Pros
Good management, friendly environment
Cons
Low pay, no raises
Fun co-workers, fun experience, very poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 4, 2019
I worked for 6 months through the November and December holidays. It was a fun and easy environment, it is relaxed and slow some days. Although, it’s very fast paste and can get stressful through the holidays. Employees and management are very helpful, I got along well with others and the overall work was very easy. My only issue is the store manager there. After the holidays when it became slow, my hours were reduced to only 5-10 hours a week. I tried many times to communicate with my boss and get my hours back but because she picks her favorite employees to get the most hours, she didn’t try to help me even though I worked just as hard as everyone else. So I only recommend this as a temporary job.
Pros
Fun, Relaxed, Pays well, Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management, Favoritism
Coworkers were fun and everyone was nice but overall, unprofessional
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 22, 2019
Cool place to work and nice discount, but working at the mall can be summed up like this: Stores don’t like to keep the same people working there all the time, so after Christmas if you don’t hold a manager position you’re out. Not fired, not laid off, just not given hours until you eventually quit. But the way everyone handled this was constantly telling everyone “labor is short, hours will be back soon!” when in reality they had absolutely no intention on keeping most people working their. If you have actual bills to pay, don’t work here because they don’t care.
Pros
Nice people, discount
Cons
Unprofessional
Productive and easy going workplace, with kind and helpful employees
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, SCMarch 11, 2019
Productive and easy going workplace, with kind and helpful employees. The environment is inviting and the employees are always willing to provide the best customer service available
great company to work for
shift manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMarch 6, 2019
i think working here has taught me that being a family can go beyond where you live. i love that i can learn while being on the clock and they can teach hands on regardless of the time.
Pros
great staff, ceo and higher ups are great to talk to.
Cons
some people dont care about the store.
Fun, Energetic, Fun Loving, Great Team to work with, Excellent Merchandise
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2019
I truly enjoyed being part of the team here at Palmetto Moon!! I continued working part time even after being hired on at FL Hospital Flagler full time. I just could not handle both together after a few months.
Pros
Fun Energetic Exciting to wirk at!!
Cons
Not enough hours to support my expenses
Great work environment.
Shift Manager/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2019
I have loved working for Palmetto Moon. It is a great company that cares about is workers just as much as it cares about its customers! For a first job, it allowed me to come out of my shell and become more confident in the job field. Management does a great job of taking care of it employees and providing the most up to date information of different brands. Management teams give the opportunity for advancements and will challenge and test you to see how you can take the pressure.
Great people, terrible management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 28, 2019
I enjoy working here. The typical day consists of folding, helping customers and ringing them up. The only downsides are that the store manager doesn’t really know how to run a store and that during the off season (January-March) I get about 4 hours per week. During the summer, lots of hours are available. I recommend this job because the shift managers and the other sales associates are super nice and will help you out. They’re good about letting you leave or take time off if you have an emergency.
Pros
Paid breaks, 25% off discount
Cons
Lots of folding
Love it!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30909January 27, 2019
I absolutely love working at Palmetto Moon. I am in shipment so I’m in the back most of the time, but the people I work with are great people and the manager is such a sweetheart. She’s so understanding and always does her best to work with you. Working here is a great idea for high school and college students who need some extra cash. Discounts are great and like I said, the people are wonderful.
Pros
Food is provided very often, discounts, amazing environment.
Cons
When days are slow, time passes very slow.
Decent work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 3, 2019
Regular day was ringing up customers at the register, folding and hanging up clothes, management was okay, not the best, learned how to work in retail and all the ins and outs of the business, workplace culture was okay, hardest part was all the manual labor but the most enjoyable was being around new people
Enjoyed working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 30, 2018
Palmetto Moon is a great up and coming business. If you're looking for quick advancements, this is the great place for you. The staff is very friendly and we get along well.
I was seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 19, 2018
I wasn't really here long enough to have an opinion, but in my opinion Palmetto Moon is a very good place to work and I have recommended it to people more than once.
Unorganized staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2018
The head manager was just unprofessional and not willing to work with the employees of the store. She was very rude to staff and would outright threaten to fire them over little stuff. Even managers decided to leave because of her behavior. Employees were constantly being scheduled over what they couldn’t work even after correctly putting on the schedule ahead of time that they couldn’t work then. People were quitting left and right. They need to get their store directors in order before they can properly run a store.
Pros
Southern lifestyle
Cons
Short breaks, rude managers, low pay
Better training, better team
Part time key holder (Former Employee) –  Buford,GASeptember 26, 2018
Managers weren’t trained enough to direct a team properly. Failure from the head, a domino effect of not being properly taught to do the job assigned.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No balance between work & home life, no job security
easy going but people dont stay long
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 22, 2018
fun place to work, casual dress perfect for college student but cant make a career unless you are upper management. Used to be family own now corporate
Fun work place during high school
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 16, 2018
overall it wasnt a bad job to have during high school. They had flexiable hours, but the managers were very young, without alot of experince. I would recommend the job for a young person in high school.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks, poor managment
Palmetto Moon
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 31, 2018
This job was a extremely laid back but not a serious job. I learned from this job, how to maintain a customer relations as well as how to deal with difficult customer as well. They most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the customers and making them have a great day.
Relaxed place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2018
Very relaxed place to work. Not a lot of room to move up in the business. Reasonable hours.
Decent employee discounts and short break times. 20 minutes for a certain amount of hours and only ten minutes more for over 8 hours of working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmetto Moon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight