Palmetto Moon Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Great place, horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 21, 2019
I got the job and the manager told me I’d have the schedule by the following week. Never got the schedule. I called eight times plus two times from both of my parents to have the manager e-mail me my schedule. She said that she would and yet no schedule e-mailed to me. It’s been a month since my interview and she has yet to send me my schedule. I highly do not recommend working here. It’s awful management, she seemed too immature to even attempt to be a manager at a retail store.
Disorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAMay 31, 2019
No one ever knew what was going on. There were always times when people would not show up, and then everyone else has to scramble to cover for those who did not show up.
Fun, Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2019
Palmetto Moon is an excellent part time job. There are many perks and the people are amazing. The owners make you feel like family and there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Location, Perks, Discounts
Fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 17, 2019
Palmetto Moon was always such a fun place to work and the discounts were awesome! I love shopping at Palmetto Moon and the discounts were a good plus.
Decent work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 3, 2019
Regular day was ringing up customers at the register, folding and hanging up clothes, management was okay, not the best, learned how to work in retail and all the ins and outs of the business, workplace culture was okay, hardest part was all the manual labor but the most enjoyable was being around new people
Enjoyed working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 30, 2018
Palmetto Moon is a great up and coming business. If you're looking for quick advancements, this is the great place for you. The staff is very friendly and we get along well.
I was seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 19, 2018
I wasn't really here long enough to have an opinion, but in my opinion Palmetto Moon is a very good place to work and I have recommended it to people more than once.
Relaxed place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2018
Very relaxed place to work. Not a lot of room to move up in the business. Reasonable hours.
Decent employee discounts and short break times. 20 minutes for a certain amount of hours and only ten minutes more for over 8 hours of working.
Opportunities for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 8, 2018
The company aims to hire from within so there is always opportunities to advance in your job! The staff and management are friendly and upbeat and make you feel welcomed.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 4, 2018
Palmetto Moon is a fun and easy place to work at. I had problems with the management and scheduling for the job but outside of that it was very relaxed.
the best place i have ever worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 6, 2018
I LOVED my job there. it was fun rewarding and I always felt like I did something meaningful. the staff was amazing. I miss my job there so much I just wanted a career and it would have taken longer than I wanted and I wanted a different career path.
Pros
amazing staff and working environment
Terrible experince
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 31, 2018
Management was rude during the time of my employment, they would not give me the day off for my best friends funeral or when my father had to have heart surgery. We were given zones to work in and if friends came in to shop we were not allowed to speak to them even if we continued to work as we talked.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
RUDE manager and lazy coworkers
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 20, 2018
I would never recommend Palmetto Moon to somebody unless they enjoy drama and being fake. It’s a great store but I have never been so disrespected while working there. They play favorites and I never really felt like I fit in when I worked there. The coworkers are also very rude towards customers while the company praises good customer service. The manager I had was very unprofessional and unpleasant to be around. If they saw that you were starting to become close with your coworkers they made sure that they would never work you guys together again. It was just overall a miserable experience
Pros
Paid lunchbreak and flexible hours
Cons
Rude staff, unprofessional, lack of appreciation
Slow anytime other than Christmans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 10, 2018
I loved the store but the Store Manager was extremely moody and you never knew how to approach her. The MIT and Assistant manager are great!! Kind of slow paced and boring at times. They do teach most people to work the register and you learn about all the brands they sell.
Pros
multiple contest, 25% off discount
Cons
slow paced, negative environment
Good place to work at, very high paced but not too stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2017
Tasks were making sure the store was clean, helping customers, having knowledge about merchandise. I learned more about customer service and the retail industry.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 1, 2017
A typical day at work is pretty relaxed sometimes super busy which is always fun because there is always something to do. Management has improved a lot.
Great place to gain experience
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 12, 2017
I would recommend you to work here if you've never worked in retail before so you can gain experience, but this is not the place for everyone. Tons of folding and nit picking towards cleaning. Very slow paced except during the Holidays.
Awesome workplace with tons of options!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 4, 2017
An average day working at Palmetto Moon is awesome! I am always busy wither helping guest, folding, putting out new items, and much more! The absolute best part of this job are the people I work with!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 27, 2017
I didn't learn about losing my job until I was kicked off the "When I work" app. Nobody informed me. I felt left out with everyone. No one reached out to me to be my friend.
Fun place to work with a great atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work was sometimes fast pace but always pretty relaxed. From Palmetto Moon I truly learned why customer service is so important as well as how to complete the sell. The workplace environment is one that I enjoyed working in for two years and would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmetto Moon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight