Palo Alto County Health System Employee Reviews

Mixed Review
Specialized field (Former Employee) –  Emmetsburg, IADecember 27, 2017
I started out with a wonderful manager with integrity, but that individual is no longer with the facility. Initially, this was a wonderful place to work, and I probably would have stayed there until retirement. I greatly enjoyed my involvement with patients and found much reward in making a positive difference in their lives. On the other hand, many people were offered early retirement. Over a short period of time, there were management changes at several levels of the organization. The facility has suffered from those changes. Financial hardships unfortunately lead to many employees being laid off. Job security was lost. When core values such as integrity (including morally and ethically), accountability, responsibility and respect have been severely compromised, not only will the employees suffer, but the entire community. I found the deterioration of those values to be of great concern and deeply disturbing.
Pros
Great benefits package including IPERS, some great caring and friendly staff, quality care for the patients, continued focus on ways to improve patients’ experience, remodeled facility.
Cons
Lack of job security, compromised values, financial instability, poor management (not in all departments), unequal treatment of employees.
PACH is a good place to work.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Emmetsburg, IAJanuary 28, 2017
There are great quality doctors, nurse practioners, and surgeons ready to help you with anything hat you need. I learned quite a bit when I worked there.
Diverse duties on daily basis.
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Emmetsburg, IAMarch 3, 2014
Apartment managerial skills necessary for working with senior citizens on daily basis. Multiple scheduling opportunites with sevearl departments in hospital setting.