Palo Alto Networks

Palo Alto Networks insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Productive, Fast Pace, Cooperative Culture, and Challenging

Fun Team Events! Culture is very cooperative and cohesive. Open and engaging team members. Room for growth. Difficult to have life balance due to workload. Great management support. Stellar compensation!

It's changed. And not necessarily for the better.

The company had a GREAT work culture and strong technology. It still has strong technology but the culture has changed rather dramatically over the last four or five years. It's also grown by about 3x in that time, and some culture change is natural in that sort of accelerated growth mode. Still, there used to be a bit of a work-life balance there. That was gone by the time I left earlier this year. I had a GREAT team but a TERRIBLE manager. But overall the people there are quite smart and hardworking. It just got to be much more of a grind in the pandemic. And working fully remote didn't help that much.

Pros

The perks were nice. RSUs, salary, nice office, great kitchens, decent benefits.

Cons

"Flexible Time Off", as with most tech companies, is a total scam. We hardly got any time off.

The work life balance is excellent and your team are always there to support you

Absolutely lovely company to work for in my time here, great culture and fantastic products. You manage your own time, everyone is willing to help all of the time even if it is not their job.

Pros

Collaboration in teams

Cons

non

Ever-changing workplace that gives you flexibility

Love the workplace. There is always something new coming out with our products/service so it's a great place for someone who always wants to learn. There is so many opportunities in the org as they continue to grow and have a need for more talent.

Great products, excellent upper management team with a great future vision

Palo Alto Networks is one of the best jobs I've had in the tech sector over my 25 year career. The company culture is overall very good and executive leadership has a good vision for the future of the company. I also strongly believe Palo Alto Networks has the best security offerings in the industry. Pay and benefits are top notch.

Pros

Great company, outstanding pay and benefits, good technical and sales talent

Cons

Weak middle management, Middle management has little oversight from upper management, not enough employee feedback accepted on decisions that directly effect them

It is a fun place to work but I don't believe they do enough to keep their employees

What I don't like about the job is that they pay below market value and you have experiences where new employee coming in makes more than employees that have been there for a long time even though they are more skilled

bad if you are contracted

bad place to work if you are contracted from a third party. they work you and abuse you without even acknowledging good work. they act like they care but they do not. they willl believe the lazy ones over productive people

Pros

Cons

drama, under paid and ole boy system

Challenging and Fun Place to work

Palo Alto Networks is a great place to work. The teams are all supportive of each other and you will constantly be challenged by higher ups. Overall, I would recommend this company to anyone.

The best place I have ever worked

Seriously, I have had many jobs over my 28 years working...PAN has got to be the greatest. Great people, great management and extremely fair compensation and benefits. I have worked remote for my 8 years with the company so I cannot comment on culture or day to day interactions, however at company gatherings, it's an exceptional experience and I always walk away energized.

They pay well, but except TPS reports

They pay very well and the product itself is very good. The street seems to like what they are seeing in terms of acquisition and future direction. However, it can feel very micro-managed and too process oriented at times.

Pros

pay

Cons

TPS reports

Good place to work at

Good place to work at, a decent compensation for my time.Interesting responsibilites when needed. Recommended for people who want to get into the cyber security world.

Good

I see this opportunity as a way to contribute to an exciting and forward-thinking,fast-moving company, and I feel my skills are particularly well-suited to this position because .I believe I have the type of knowledge to succeed in this role and at the company because

Excelente empresa debido al Covid-19 deje de trabajar para ellos, pero con mucho gusto volveria si me llaman

Una gran experiencia, personal muy comprometido con su trabajo y sobre todo atentos para enseñar y capacitar a los que tenemos poca experiencia, el trabajo en equipo en vital personas.

Pros

Covid-19

Cons

Nada

Good Company

Good company - Please note that most of us are SV professionals and that we should not/cannot disclose any information publicly of a previous employer.

great company to work for

great company to work for. Not just the environment, but the people you work with here are amazing. I was a contractor and treated the same as all of the FT employees.

The projects are exciting but the work environment is toxic

Stepping on each other's toes to get ahead is highly encouraged. There is no sense of teamwork. Everyone is out for himself/herself! If you do not behave like this on a daily basis, do not go there.

Pros

Nice building - good compensation

Cons

Except for the very top executives, the mid level management is uninformed management who think they know everything.

Great products, but declining culture

This company used to be a phenomenal place to work. Since the change of most of the Executive Staff, so much has changed. The company culture has turned into cut-throat environment where it's about how many companies and products we can acquire versus how can we fully integrate all of our products, systems, and employees before going through it all over again.

Pros

Great salary and equity plan

Cons

401k matching is pathetic, and corp culture is tanked. When is Google buying us?

Positive Culture

very strong positive culture within the office and strong sense of involvement in the local community. open and productive work environment encourages all to aim for success.

Great environment

Unstable management conditions. There was a huge changing of the guard at the time I was there which made for a confusing and sometimes unfair environment.

Fun place to work!

Company cares for their employees and for their community. They would have community days where employees could support their charitable organizations, etc. Company would celebrate employees birthdays every month, etc.

Pool Table Free Coffee

When you are on break you could go play some pool. There is free coffee offered at work. This is a good place to develop your skills and get real life experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palo Alto Networks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Ratings from women

4.3
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
4.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight