Palomar College Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
This is a great place to begin your college journey!
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 16, 2018
It was so amazing to work as a federal student worker in Palomar College.
I worked at Palomar only when I was enrolled in classes, and I learned a lot from working there such as typing, making copies, Printing, scanning documents, answering questions and phone calls, and assisting students and visitors to any questions
Pros
learning new skills every day
Cons
working without receiving any benefits except the hourly pay
Great place to work!
Life Sciences Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 12, 2018
Excellent place to work if you are looking for a friendly environment. The hours were due to how busy the semesters were, but overall, a fun environment and a great place to excel in new skills.
Fun place to work at
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 7, 2018
The environment is good at Palomar College, The staff is nice, the management is nice and understanding. It was always busy, there is always work to do.
Part Time Instructor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 17, 2018
Part time professor - I teach business courses for Palomar College. Courses include Introduction to business, marketing, Organization Theory and Design, Entrepreneurial Small Business among other courses. I teach one to two days a week in the evenings or on-line courses.
Amazing students and faculty
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 3, 2018
One felt one was never alone. Staff and faculty were always willing to assist in any way possible to make my experience as an Associate Professor fruitful for myself and my students. That support was what made my tenure at Palomar rewarding and made it a place which I did not want to leave.
Pros
Staff support; quality management and cooperator between disciplines.
Productive and fun place to work
Veteran Services tudent Worker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 26, 2018
A typical day consists of administrative duties such as, answering phone call, replying to emails, in-person communication, reading and comprehending school benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Instructor of Photography: (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 2, 2018
The students were the best part of the job: they were there to learn about how to make better photographs, they wanted to expand their knowledge about printing, and enabled me to help them achieve their personal goals. I particularly enjoyed the diversity of student levels, ages, backgrounds, and personal objectives.
Pros
Palomar had great lab and darkroom facilities. I also enjoyed collaborating with other instructors.
Cons
It was only part-time employment.
It was a great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CADecember 30, 2017
I was given an internship where I had to work with a team to build a labyrinth for a robot to go through. We used a variety of tools to build the wooden maze. I learned Lego's adaption of C programming for the robot to complete the maze.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Working at Palomar College was a great experience.
Lab Technician and Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CADecember 20, 2017
- As a lab technician, I worked on the Windows, Apple and Cisco instructional labs.
- The workplace culture was kicked back and flexible. It allowed me to earn some money while earning my AA degree.
Pros
Flexible.
Cons
N/a
Fun Working Environment
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CANovember 19, 2017
At Palomar College , I have learned so many valuables things about the techniques as well the ability to work interdependently in laboratory. The place is very friendly environment where I can learn many valuable lesson for my future careers .
Great Environment
Teacher's Assistant & Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CANovember 9, 2017
Great place to work, and great experience if planning to work in a school setting. Regardless, the experience is incomparable to your typical work setting.
Enjoyed my students
Adjunct Professor in Communication (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAOctober 24, 2017
Obviously, teaching Communication and Media is enjoyable. Ioved the students and the campus environment. I would recommend it to anyone. Great place to work.
answer phone calls, enroll military and their families in to college
Veteran Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CASeptember 29, 2017
Enroll military and their families in to college, answer phone calls, post grades after the semester is over. I learned everything I needed to know about the job. submit certification requests to the VA. The management was amazing, they were very approachable and you can talk to them about anything. the hardest part of the job was before the next semester started. Students came in non stop to certify for their classes. The most enjoyable part was the people that worked in the office with me. Everyone liked working with everyone, and there was never an issue with anyone.
palomar college
Stage Crew (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CASeptember 13, 2017
i did all my classes here for entertainment tech, I had to tech shows that the college put on, and based on the hours i did with those and the completion of my certificate requirements, i would complete the cert.
Pros
got job experience, and met a lot of people
Cons
sometimes was really stressful
education
Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts Studies (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 14, 2017
was able to receive quality education while attending school there. teachers were always available to discuss lecture topics, homework or research papers due
Productive and fun place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 20, 2017
I really enjoyed teaching at Palomar College. The students were engaged in the material and since I too was a graduate it felt nice to be back where I started my academic career. I had the early class and was able to get in and out. I was organized and this was the key to my success. The students were engaged in the material.
Pros
Hours
Great School to go too.
Computer Networking Student (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 24, 2017
Great education, needs to be more practical hands on for major classes. Most of the classes and staff are very good and knowledgeable. A few are not. I received my Associates Degree but do not feel that I received real world work experience from the classes.
Pros
Loved most of the classes
Cons
Some instructers dont care if you understand, they just fly through there lesson plan.
A great place to work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 17, 2017
I was a tutor at Palomar college and it was a perfect job while taking classes. My schedule was flexible so that I could attend class. Management is accommodating to your educational goals.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great Environment
Math Tutor/Instructor Assistant/MC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 5, 2017
I learned how to work with people from different backgrounds. we have students who have disabilities, and it is a great practice to be patient and know how to help them.
Pros
great environment
Cons
Not related to what I have studied
Fun and Productive place to work
Diesel Technology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CA 92069March 13, 2017
Palomar gets the best equipment and materials, they take care of their students and their employees. The best place I have ever worked. Coming to work was an easy commute, every resource you could ever need was in reach and available. The hardest part of the job was that temporary employees are un able to advance in their job or pay.
Pros
Great work environment and staff
Cons
pay, parking, traffic in the surrounding area.