Palomar Health Employee Reviews

Amazing learning experience!
Pathmaker Intern (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 11, 2019
I enjoyed my time as an intern for the Pathmaker internship. I learned a lot about the ins and outs of a hospital environment from the friendly staff that were generous enough to teach the interns aside from their daily routines. I worked in three different rotations starting with MED/SURG/TELE, then ICU/IMC, and ending with the Birth center. This internship helped me learn how to juggle different tasks and have better bed side manner. Also to have more confidence when interacting with patients and realizing that even the littlest of tasks make a big difference in the well being/mood of the patient. This internship was very meaningful to me in particular because I was able to use my training to help my mother (who was diagnosed with stomach cancer) as she was bed ridden at home. The hardest part of the internship was observing patients that were in critical condition. the most enjoyable part of the internship was knowing that I made a difference in a patients experience at the hospital.
Yeah.
Pathmakers Intern (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 28, 2019
Worked as an intern and obtained plentiful clinical experience working hands-on with patients and connecting with professionals in the field of medicine. Worked on tasks such as feeding, transferring, discharging, and assisting patients in various activities. Hope to reach the surgical level in which I will gain experience in the operating rooms.
OASIS MSTP, La Jolla, CA — Workshop Tutor
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093
September 2016 - March 2019
Began work as an intern for pre-calculus, where I provided tutoring services to students in one-to-one situations, and I am now leading my own workshops consisting of 10+ students in statistics and calculus.
Clinical Physiology Laboratory, La Jolla, CA— Research Assistant
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093
September 2017 - PRESENT
Very rewarding job
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 4, 2019
I enjoyed my 10+ years with PPH. I left to move back east. The clients were the best part of my job. These experiences were priceless. Good or not so good. I woukd not have changed a thing.
Should be closed permanently
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Management is toxic. Multiple departments are chronically short staffed. The majority of department heads and leadership are interim staffers with registry employees. Don't work here and don't become a patient here.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Poorly run
Great foundation for career
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Good managerial support and resources, but you need to seek out the resources in order to see the full potential. Good morale as long as you're a team-player.
Stressful job due to chronic short staffing and hostile environmemt
RNC (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2018
Supervisors and interim manager are great, but director and educator are horrible. They have made L&D a hostile, unfriendly environment, where the opinion of staff does not count. It’s run like a dictatorship.
A typical day at work is 12h on the go, most likely with no breaks. I walked about 10,000 steps a day. Responsibility is incredible, and due to poor staffing it’s hard to do a good,job with patient care.
As above, sups and manager are great, director and educator operate like dictators.
Team- work is amazing, the unit has incredible staff, but all are unhappy and afraid.
The hardest part of the job is the hostile environment.the most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and the patients.
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
Beware of Human Resources
HRIS Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 27, 2018
Be very careful if you are offered a job in Human Resources. The culture is poison, they are chronically understaffed with an always growing list of demands. It wasn't a question if you would work on the weekend; it was what day would you be working over the weekend.
Pros
Great Team of People
Cons
Clueless leadership, from the executive on down without any idea what is happening in their department
Worst place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  ICUNovember 23, 2018
The management treats their employees as liability and not an asset. Very poor management.
The management is always right and they will find every possible way to make themselves right and blame on the employees when they make a mistake.
Cons
Very poor management, condescending RNs, power game in unit
Pleasant
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 12, 2018
I was very happy working for Palomar. But they were having trouble passing state boards and brought in Cardinal Health to make changes which led to lay offs. The group that I worked with was extremely cohesive and happy.
Pros
happy crew
Cons
lay offs
Limited RN Growth
RN (Current Employee) –  EscondidoNovember 2, 2018
Patient care does not seem to be suffering until they do not have enough RNs on the floor to take care of patients. Often charge nurses are frantically calling a list of nurses on their day off begging for them to come in because there are not enough nurses on the floor. What is suffering terribly is the supportive culture. RN frustration is leading to bullying and gossip, plans to strike or leave to other hospitals, and an overall toxic place to work as a nurse. There are many lay offs taking place but, leadership wastes time and money on a “Spirit Summit” instead of figuring out how to keep employees. New nurses or nurses looking to advance; I’d say do not seek to grow your career here. For those with thick skin who just need a job, There are plenty of openings here for you.
Pros
Extra pay for education/ participation in events
Cons
Bullying, toxic environment, inexperienced leadership
Palomar
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 27, 2018
The biggest issue is that upper management does not communicate with the clinical side, overspends, and does not invest in retention of loyal, excellent nurses!
Productive and family culture environment
Manager Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2018
it was a very systematic day. Meetings were schedule was very flexible. People are very friendly and helpful. Management was always helpful and supported decisions
Cons
too much work load
great work environment
RN/ NSO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 23, 2018
management micromanages, too many chiefs and not enough indians, rapidly changing policies and revisions. Not enough positive feedback, constantly changing goals within one project
Pros
balance work life
Cons
holiday work
productive team. poor management
Information Security Analyst Security Compliance (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 3, 2018
excellent co-workers in the IT Security Department. Poor Management. CEO is wonderful and I have worked with him for over 8 years. He is a pleasure to be around and very trustworthy.
Employee Culture
Financial System Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 16, 2018
Although the benefits and pay are great, the employee culture is almost non existent. The time and money spent on Employees to go to seminars or additional training to benefit their career growth is slim to none.
Benefits
Cons
Culture, Management
internship opportunity
Clinical Care Extender (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 14, 2018
unpaid internship as a clinical care extender while working part time and taking classes so get a bachelors in nursing. worked with school and flexible hours.
Good place to be a mobile phlebotomist
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 27, 2018
Nice place to work, management was great and was sad to leave.The management had an open door policy, easy to approach with concerns.Teamwork was the best part of my job, everyone willing to help. Training was on going and again all helped to make me successful.
Pros
Good management
Cons
English was not always the first language spoken in the lab, it was just rude at times.
good company
Manager of Operations EVS / housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 25, 2018
just laid off because of the budget would have like to finish my career there but enjoyed my ten years there even as a contractor for five of the years
I worked night shift which I did not adjust well to but enjoyed the culture patients come first
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed supporting the staff. I was able to have direct patient care while supporting staff members. Palomar had supportive classes for managers. 2-3 times out of the year and monthly leadership meetings. Rapport with managers on other units was positive. Enjoyed being a part of the new hospital. The executive managers were very supportive and did not object to calls on the night shift for ER needs.
Pros
Working in a Magnet hospital
Cons
Working nights
Working for Palomar Health
SUPERVISOR OF HOSPITAL CONCIERGE SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 13, 2018
Working for Palomar Health is a great for a basic job (Unless you are a nurse then its fantastic).
Since there is a need for employees almost 24hrs you can work nights while your spouse works days to help take care of the children.
Pros
pay is competitive
Cons
No loyalty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palomar Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Palomar Health Reviews by Location