Palomar Health Employee Reviews

Good place to be a mobile phlebotomist
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 27, 2018
Nice place to work, management was great and was sad to leave.The management had an open door policy, easy to approach with concerns.Teamwork was the best part of my job, everyone willing to help. Training was on going and again all helped to make me successful.
Pros
Good management
Cons
English was not always the first language spoken in the lab, it was just rude at times.
good company
Manager of Operations EVS / housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 25, 2018
just laid off because of the budget would have like to finish my career there but enjoyed my ten years there even as a contractor for five of the years
I worked night shift which I did not adjust well to but enjoyed the culture patients come first
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed supporting the staff. I was able to have direct patient care while supporting staff members. Palomar had supportive classes for managers. 2-3 times out of the year and monthly leadership meetings. Rapport with managers on other units was positive. Enjoyed being a part of the new hospital. The executive managers were very supportive and did not object to calls on the night shift for ER needs.
Pros
Working in a Magnet hospital
Cons
Working nights
Working for Palomar Health
SUPERVISOR OF HOSPITAL CONCIERGE SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 13, 2018
Working for Palomar Health is a great for a basic job (Unless you are a nurse then its fantastic).
Since there is a need for employees almost 24hrs you can work nights while your spouse works days to help take care of the children.
Pros
pay is competitive
Cons
No loyalty
Psych RN in Emergency Room
ED Psych RN (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 5, 2018
This position allowed me to refresh alot of my past medical skills, like starting IV's, NG tubes, and Foley caths. I was primary assigned to any psychiatric patient's in the emergency, performed psych assessments, and contacted insurance companies to obtain authorization for those warranting admission. Also took care of medical patients as time and patient population allowed.
Good pay
Telemetry Tech/CNA/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 23, 2018
Pay is average, but compared to many hospitals in the area, is one of the highest paying for ancillary staff. Not enough to afford to live off of single income.
Pros
nice facility with new equipment, starbucks
Cons
most upper management is not available for staff (not including ER)
Fast-paced
Social Worker (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 29, 2018
A typical day of work includes treatment teams, meeting with multiple patients, and ensuring patients are safely discharged from the hospital. There is never a dull moment working here.
Great experience, great people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
Quickest 10mo of my life! Would return in a heart-beat. The staff and managers are wonderful and eager to learn their new scheduling system. The team worked well together and our goals to implement in the timeframe set were met.
Unstable and Financially Struggling
Director (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 15, 2018
We’ve all heard the cliche about doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result. That is Palomar Health and it’s become a habit. The board is weak - they recently allowed an interim CEO (whose only experience is in the finance world) to cut all top management - many who have been with the company for decades. The culture is one of instability. With annual layoffs and unsafe healthcare, it is not a company that makes one proud to be working for.
Pros
Good people if you avoid cliques.
Cons
Unstable, constant layoffs, financially irresponsible, weak board, can’t attract a good CEO
Productive and a fun place to work
Clinical Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Support of our dynamic health care system. I applied my experience to the myriad of projects that were put before our new department/team . We focused on optimizing project outcome. Frequently visit our clinical units and talk directly with providers to better understand their needs and develop insights to meet their needs.
Palomar
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Very difficult place to work due to a hostile union environment. Staff continually places false allegations on managers in order to get them let go.
Human recourses is not there to protect its own managers. They are held in check and powerless by the union.
Management and staff are not able to effectively communicate do to restrictions and constant complaints, grievances and issues with the union.
I would not recommend this as a good place to work.
Pros
New kitchen
Cons
To many to list
Beautiful Company When the person in charge isn't sacrificing people for their job
Administrative Assistant/ Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Palomar Health offers competitive wages and a wonderful work atmosphere. They are very supportive when it comes to expanding you education for career growth.
An RN for 45 years. This is my DREAM position!
NICU Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  PowayJanuary 11, 2018
As an NICU nurse for over 40 years, I love being part of the Palomar Poway Birth Center team! My coworkers are outstanding professionals with warm hearts and exceptional skills! I have been part of this "family" for almost ten years, and I look forward to coming to work. I work full time, 12-hr night shifts. This provides me a great opportunity to interact with parents and their newborns, making a difference in their lives....and MINE!!
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Multiple critical situations often occur.
Culture of safety and no tolerance for bullying
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 20, 2017
My role as an RN have been great. There is a lot of support with break nurses, resource nurse. People willing to help each other. Volunteers High school and college students makes a difference.
Pros
bonus for education and volunteer
Cons
wish pay was more competitive
Very happy with my position, it will be very hard to leave.
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Poway, CADecember 2, 2017
We had a team of managers who worked closely with us to make a safe and happy workplace. The most enjoyable part of my job was providing a service to our elderly patients. I have the privelage to work with a great team of co-workers.
Pros
Good management
Lack from housekeeping
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 26, 2017
The job was basic but what they lacked on was they had a group of permanent employees and since I was a temp and was there thru an agency we were basically taken as a disposable. I over heard one of the supervisors make comments about just letting go the temps because we were from agency. From there my goal to staying as much as I can lowered and wasn't ro enthusiastic about staying anymore...
Pros
You get to meet new people and a little about the medical field
Cons
Management from housekeeping
Awful spiritual care dept
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 20, 2017
Steer clear of working here in the Spiritual Care Department as the supervisor has a narcissistic personality disorder and anger issues and is not qualified for the job. The department has gone completely downhill under his leadership. Chaplains are not in the bargaining unit and are not treated well. Yikes!!!
Good place
DISTRICT ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAOctober 13, 2017
Very good place to work, lots of nice people and great benefits. PTO is very good. Leadership is supportive, overall never had any issues or problems at Palomar Health.
A typical Day
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 17, 2017
I assisted the CIO with anything she needed. I also was the liaison between our legal team and vendors. I enjoyed my time with Palomar and left because I moved to Arizona.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Long Drive
State of the Art Facility
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 11, 2017
Every corner of Palomar Medical Center was built with intention and thought. Great place to receive care. Amazing coworkers made the sometimes difficult shifts manageable.
Pros
Union, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palomar Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight