Palos Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good place to work
Psychiatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 12, 2018
I worked there 15 yers ago at that time it was a Good place to work, patient focused care, good staffing. I cannot speak for how the hospital is right now.
Pros
good benefits
Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 4, 2018
Great place to work as a Registered Nurse. The staff and management is incredibly helpful and it is a great team environment. Free parking and coffee.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
The floors are very busy
Always felt great being there andworking there
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILApril 25, 2018
Always had alot of great things things to say about Palos Community Hospital. the work was always great because it always kept me busy. i love working with all kinds of people and Palos Hospital gave me the great opportunity to accomplish that and i loved every second of it from the time i started till the time i finished.
Pros
love working with people and very clean
Cons
early shifts but thats ok still loved it
Utilization Management Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMarch 30, 2018
The work was fast paced and could be stressful, but the coworkers made it worthwhile. Pay and benefits were good. Overall, it was a very good place to work.
job security
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  palos heightsMarch 16, 2018
Nice place to work, management good, pay good, teamwork, co-workers, nursing staffing great, good communication, good customer service, good benefits also.
Not recommended
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Management is a huge CLICK. Assignment on daily duties are UNFAIR. Once you get the job the whole job description changes. You will apply for one department, but management will put you where they think you should go, so applying for the posted job does not mean that's where you will be. If you want to change position you must be part of the management CLICK! Co workers are great, but will also turn on you if they don't like you. I am very disappointed in Palos Health and honestly can not recommend it as a good place to work.
Pros
The patients and family members
Cons
Management, vacation time and increases in salary
Nice co-workers..understaffed..
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJanuary 6, 2018
Understaffed heavy workload for cna
Poorly managed...inconsistent managment between floors. Don't come in to work sick but don't call in sick either. ?
They don't have a great policy on attendance. Don't call in sick because you will get written up, but you also don't want to expose patients.
Bottom line...you need a better policy.
Very productive work place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILDecember 30, 2017
Very different hospital from most. Very fast pace, The employees work really hard there. very caring when it comes to their patients. I work recommend this company to others.
good place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILDecember 29, 2017
Palos has great employees, it is a great place to work! The staff and management, promote team work! The salary is competitive with other facilities!!!!
As noted under "your review"
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILDecember 24, 2017
I worked at Palos Community Hospital on two different shifts (1pm start time and 3pm start time. I had hoped that a full time slot would come up but this did not happen and when a full time position opened up at another institution, I left Palos. Their compensation and benefits were quite good.
Nice place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloorDecember 18, 2017
Nice place to work.staff is great. It has changed a lot over the years and is a beautiful hospital with great employees. I do wish that there were more options for schedules though. It be nice to have more PRN nursing positions and other sorts of part time jobs.
Horrible Management
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILNovember 27, 2017
Management is horrible here. Pay is decent, however, if you don't act like their little pet, you get missed treated. Look else where to work. Worked here for 4 years, and I am in the process of trying to leave. If you have a family emergency and have to leave work. They will hold it against you and write you up.
Pros
Pay, and benefits, 12 hour shifts
Cons
Management can be a bit passive aggressive
Certified Psychiatry Technician (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILNovember 22, 2017
Good paying job for CNA's, RN pay is average. I have had good and bad experiences with management, depends on the unit. The most enjoyable aspect is the patient care.
Pros
Free meals on holidays
Cons
Management can be punitive
Don't work here if u have a life
Respiratory (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 17, 2017
You work every other weekend but if u work pm's or nights, u work basically every weekend. You cannot request off on ur weekend. Management is the worst I've ever seen. The money is bad, the hospital itself is nice and the equipment is good but the working conditions are not suited for someone who enjoys their life and free time.
Pros
Nothing I can think of
Cons
Work schedule, management
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILOctober 13, 2017
I only volunteered there for a short time. I worked in the physical therapy department and loved it. Everyone was really friendly and showed me the ropes. With my regular full time job it was hard to stay on schedule with volunteer work.
Palos Hospital
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 2, 2017
Interned while at Carl Sandburg High School. Learned about filing, answering phones, etc. Enjoyable staff and flexible hours for school. Left when school year ended.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
intership poor pay
Horrible Hospital
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Palos is a great looking hospital that provides horrible care. Most of the employees are prejudice. On numerous occasions I would overhear the ER nurses referring to patients by their ethnicity. Patients would call for help and the staff would just walk past the room and ignore them sometimes even laugh. The registration team was a bunch of desperate women seeking attention from the paramedics and firemen.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Always short staffed
Excellant place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 26, 2017
I worked at Palos Hospital over 20 years ago. They were well organized, just a great place to work. Friendly environment. Everybody showed up for their shift which is very important
receptionist, courir (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 2, 2017
I liked it , it was volunteering, I had a whole new experience doing many different things and there many jobs available to I learned new skills with every job, truly enjoyed it.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 1, 2017
It was fun working with people my age. Everybody helped out each other during the day to get the work done. The hardest part of working there was when it got super busy and there wasnt any help. Another hard part was if you needed to find someone to work for you, not a lot of people are willing to swamp shifts just because they dont like the shift that other person works.