Palos Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor Management - Don't care about Employees at all
Behavioral Health Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Leadership at Palos is awful. They do not care about the employees-haven't had a salary increase in years! Only the CEO & higher ups get increases!! The communication is horrible--everything is a big secret. Patients tell employees what they hear "on the street". There are way too many chiefs and not enough worker bees!!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No communication, no pay increases, no free coffee
Not recommended
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJanuary 15, 2019
No raises. Management is terrible. You dont get paid for any holidays unless you have accrued pto and that doesnt start for 90 days and its 4 hours every two weeks. Management does not care about your concerns. Insurance is so much money every two weeks out of your check. Management favors certain people. You get hired for one position and when you start you are in a different position. Management talks horrible about employees. Tasks that are expected are ridiculous. They expect one person to do a job of 3-4 people. You get daily emails threatening if you dont do this or that its a disciplinary action. They dont provide the equipment or tools you need to completer your job. Everything is expired. They dont order things correctly. The training is one day and then you are thrown to the wolves. No team work. Everyone hates their job. The turnover rate it new people every couple of months. Dont bother to make a complaint because they dont care. Coworkers walk around chatting all day while youre working your butt off and management sits in the same room with the blind eye and deaf ears. This place sucks. The medical group at the hospital is a terrible place. You only get a thirty minute lunch no matter if you work 8 or 12 hours. No breaks. If you want to work in a miserable environment this is the place for you. If you care about your health, run for the hills. This is not a place to work for.
Cons
bad
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJanuary 4, 2019
lots of nurses eating their young. management is poor. raises are ok, but the staff does not know what they are doing, I recommend this as a place of employment when a nurse wants to retire. it is perfectly acceptable for doctor to yell at nurses
Terrible management and no pay raises
ER RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 31, 2018
ER has very poor nurse to patient ratio's department is chronically short staffed. ER is getting rid of incentive pay, no pay raises, and management is a joke.
Pros
Decent PTO
Cons
Basically everything
good place to work
Psychiatric Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 12, 2018
I worked there 15 yers ago at that time it was a Good place to work, patient focused care, good staffing. I cannot speak for how the hospital is right now.
Pros
good benefits
Not recommended
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Management is a huge CLICK. Assignment on daily duties are UNFAIR. Once you get the job the whole job description changes. You will apply for one department, but management will put you where they think you should go, so applying for the posted job does not mean that's where you will be. If you want to change position you must be part of the management CLICK! Co workers are great, but will also turn on you if they don't like you. I am very disappointed in Palos Health and honestly can not recommend it as a good place to work.
Pros
The patients and family members
Cons
Management, vacation time and increases in salary
job security
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  palos heightsMarch 16, 2018
Nice place to work, management good, pay good, teamwork, co-workers, nursing staffing great, good communication, good customer service, good benefits also.
Utilization Management Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMarch 30, 2018
The work was fast paced and could be stressful, but the coworkers made it worthwhile. Pay and benefits were good. Overall, it was a very good place to work.
Horrible Management
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILNovember 27, 2017
Management is horrible here. Pay is decent, however, if you don't act like their little pet, you get missed treated. Look else where to work. Worked here for 4 years, and I am in the process of trying to leave. If you have a family emergency and have to leave work. They will hold it against you and write you up.
Pros
Pay, and benefits, 12 hour shifts
Cons
As noted under "your review"
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILDecember 24, 2017
I worked at Palos Community Hospital on two different shifts (1pm start time and 3pm start time. I had hoped that a full time slot would come up but this did not happen and when a full time position opened up at another institution, I left Palos. Their compensation and benefits were quite good.

Want to know more about Palos Community Hospital?

Ask a question
good place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILDecember 29, 2017
Palos has great employees, it is a great place to work! The staff and management, promote team work! The salary is competitive with other facilities!!!!
it's a job
Phlebotomy Tech-Perform (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 22, 2018
I worked there for 16 years, it's time for a change. Company has changed from when I first started. Not the same anymore. Looking for something where I can grow.
Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 4, 2018
Great place to work as a Registered Nurse. The staff and management is incredibly helpful and it is a great team environment. Free parking and coffee.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
The floors are very busy
Work place
ER Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILSeptember 13, 2018
This is a fast paced environment. Great people to work with. I've learned great deal from my coworkers and just being in this environment. Best of all is being able to help patients and advocate for them.
You can learn alot but some of the senior employees on the job make it hard for new comers to stay or not get discharged.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 4, 2016
You would already know from the day before what you duty were that day. I did learn a lot in my field of study by some good people.
Management was not fair to all employees unless you were there for a long time. All voices would not be heard and mgmt. would allow some employees to be disrespectful to others. Most of the co-workers that I had were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was to ignore the disrespectful attitudes of some employees. The most enjoyable is that everyone was disrespectful. Majority of people would help and assist you without any problems. They worked as team players.
Pros
Benefits were spectacular and the cafeteria was phenomenal.
Cons
Wrong people in management
Palos Community Hospital
Radiologic Technologist/Student (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILNovember 4, 2012
I was a first year student while doing my clinical time at Palos Community Hospital. Some of the radiologic technologists would be willing to explain and encourage you to participate in procedures, but most wouldn't. Although, I was there for nine months, I did learn, but always thought I could have learned more. Most of my experience was learned in the Emergency Room. When employed there you are not allowed to leave the property. We as students were made to feel inadaquate, under valued, and not appreciated. Heard that they paid well and have great benefits.
Pros
beautiful facility
Cons
techs weren't willing to include you or teach as much as they could have.
Loved my co-workers
ICU Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 17, 2018
Working the ICU at this great hospital was a wonderful experience. I would have never left my position and all of my wonderful co-workers, but I was offered a lot more $$ at another hospital.
Always felt great being there andworking there
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILApril 25, 2018
Always had alot of great things things to say about Palos Community Hospital. the work was always great because it always kept me busy. i love working with all kinds of people and Palos Hospital gave me the great opportunity to accomplish that and i loved every second of it from the time i started till the time i finished.
Pros
love working with people and very clean
Cons
early shifts but thats ok still loved it
a very nice place, to work
cna (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMay 25, 2015
Management, overall is unprofessional. Homecare department. I was a very professional, certified nursing assisted, enjoy caring people. Nurses are very professional. Supervisor,has no respects, for cna. I worked, in field, along with charge nurse. Teamwork,was very, important, which, I think was respectfully, I truly,enjoy working,for this organization.
Pros
none.
Cons
after 5, no raises.
Great community hospital
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 14, 2017
Great community hospital. Employees tend to stay in their positions a long time and form a bond with co-workers. There are great benefits here. Paid time off and extended illness banks are a plus. Credit union is a plus. Nice cafeteria, gift shop. Nice walking path around hospital grounds. Covered parking available. Valet for patients.
Pros
close to home, short commute, great benefits
Cons
short breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palos Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Palos Community Hospital Reviews by Location