Palos Health

Palos Health Employee Reviews

United States187 reviews
They were a lot of really kind helpful coworkers help you get your footing in your discipline. I began as an intern and was able to find a full time position.
Disappointed with management . Hh and hspc dept is about bottom line. They will continue to push admissions knowing their is insufficient staff to provide adequate care. Quantity seems to be more important than quality.
Pros
Good benefits and 401k
Cons
Long hours, excessive mandatory on call, bad work life balance
Management does NOT care about there nurses. The only time management interacts with nurses is to correct nurses. PPE was NOT available, nurses had to bring PPE from home. Nurse/Patient ratios are not safe for patients. Management Is VERY clicky, acts as if they are above everyone else. The reason that there is such a high turnover of nurses is directly related to management. Once the older nurses retire there will be only new grads that work here. Only good thing at Palos is the co-workers. Everyone helps one another because it’s us against them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
If you are a BIPOC, I would not recommend working for Palos. There are no opportunities for growth (I worked there for 3+ years), and the hospital is filled with “Karens”.

Coworkers repeatedly made racist comments and when brought up to management, nothing was ever done. They will ask you to do extra work and if you ask for a raise or a promotion they will give you the run around.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Racism, discrimination, no growth opportunities.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
There is no growth at Palos, I worked with them for 3 years.They dont hire within. They dont offer any training to advance. Their insurance is crazy expensive, especially with the money they pay
Pros
Cons
No professional growth
No equal pay among co-workers, everyone out for them selves!! The nurses get overwhelmed with patients and the CNA's get slammed with extra work,trying to compensate for lack of staff!!
limited opportunities, progression of your goals and advancement are not supported. Management style is authoritarian, dictatorship.."speak when spoken to "...this is literally a quote. Work environments do not need to be like this. Save yourself from exposure to this toxicity. They will kill your spirit eventually.
I worked here for a little over a year. Management made all these promises on patient nurse ratio, as well as CNA to patient ratio and nothing was upheld. They never gave staff any explanations, we pretty much didn’t have a choice and had to deal with it. No respect for staff and micromanaged frequently. Only great thing was the coworkers that I had.
Management system is not run properly and they constantly have high turn over with tech's because lead tech is suffocating to be around and personally drive everyone away.
The Radiology and Ultrasound staff were AMAZING and very WELCOMING. I felt extremely comfortable asking questions and requesting assistance if needed. Everyone assisted me without hesitating. It was a memorable experience.
Need diversity training
Prejudice against people of colors

People felt entitled management had no clue and didn’t care about day-to-day operation.
A good place to work, overall. I felt valued as an employee. Management was supportive in general. However, top-down communication literally evaporated during the ‘due diligence’ phase of the Loyola affiliation.
Job is very demanding for patient care but overall good. Worked hard and was compensated fairly for the years of experience I had there but I wish I had more regular raises
really like the atmosphere at paloe hospital like working in the pharmacy working part time gives me a lot of flexibility to work some where else there are some days I work day shift and where the need is I can also work 3 to 11:30
This is a great place to work. I have learned a lot of great skills during my time here. There is a great work culture at this hospital. Team work is also something that is really big at this hospital as well.
Upon working there for serval years I felt they were a family like environment that didn’t accept new employees . The rules were ever changing and I gave my resignation .
Wage increases are far and few between and when they are given they are very small. Management is pretty flexible with schedules. they do provide the resources to keep credentials up to date
Fast-paced environment with acutely ill clients. High sense of teamwork amongst co-workers. Management adheres to sense of teamwork, support, and dedication to unit. Obtained my certification in area of specialty with help of nursing education.
As with any nursing job staffing is a problem. But I have the supplies I need to do my job. It's clean and a decent place to work. The pay is good more than I expected.
Just know that you have a great team behind you, that will help you no matter what. You also have a charge nurse that's there to help you hands on. So stay positive at all times.
Good place to start your career as a nurse. Smaller hospital so not as overwhelming as a large hospital can be for a new nurse. Caring staff and good team work. Helpful preceptors.