PAM Transport Employee Reviews

Run the other way, worst company ever.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreve, ALMarch 21, 2019
My experience working for Pam was terrible, they don’t pay you for what you are worth.
Dispatchers were nice but sloppy when it came to finding loads
Sometimes I would sit for a day or two because they couldn’t find loads
Pros
Dispatchers were nice
Cons
Pay, lack of home time
Great experience gaining company if you are able too sacrifice pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 21, 2019
The equipment is simply put Top notch. Great trucks, super reliable truck GPS and useable/efficient Qualcomm. The loads are generally light automotive which is very nice. The dispatchers and support all around are generally helpful and reliable/timely. Reliable reimbursements, will not cheat you on your checks. They are lenient on dings/incidences which = Job Security(gotta stress that) since you are not being payed top notch which allows room for error. There are NO cameras or sensors/buzzers. Eastern half USA very little east coast.
Bottom line is that this is a reliable, job security company too gain your experience with as long as you are able too sacrifice pay for a bit for all of the above mentioned. Would work with again if time machine went back. Safe travels and enjoy/relax.
Pros
Supreme equipment, light loads, helpful office staff
Cons
Pay
At first I looked at the reviews and they were bad but...
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 20, 2019
From my own personal experience this company is great to work for I got a dedicated solo route within a month that pays way more than my job before I make 1200 a week I used to make that every 2weeks to some that might not be much but for me a new driver that great I have no camera watching me as long as I make my loads on time and follow company and DOT rules that don't give you any problems I feel secure with this job so far I have been there for 6months and have had no major problems not to say they are perfect but let's be real none of the trucking g companies are this one just fits me fine I'm home every other day and get to spend time with my family.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No local
Overall Experience
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 17, 2019
PAM Transport has shown little regard for drivers and pay situations. They often can leave you hanging in the middle of nowhere without a load or have you sitting for days waiting for a load. Most of their loads go to the cartage drivers rather then company drivers.
Enjoyed my instructors fun run into drive dispatch didn't work with you didn't care
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 17, 2019
My health insurance was probably the best thing at this job they have good benefits but the pay was awful dispatch didn't work with you didn't communicate with you there was times I needed something and couldn't get answers I was left to just hang out
Pros
Benefits Health Care we're good
Cons
Didn't make enough to pay for my health insurance
No life
OTR team driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 16, 2019
Worked over the road trucking. Very little time at home, starting pay was terrible for the amount of time away from home. Team driving was a challenge.
Pros
Cons
Pay
A Joke.
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 13, 2019
This place is such a joke, do not sign a contract with this company. Pay for your schooling on your own. They will screw you over, management is a complete joke. Was at a Consignee for almost 4 hours waiting because Pam doesn’t have their shipping information right. I did team driving and that is the most frustrating thing on the planet, teammate getting lost, staying up for 24 hours straight, going down really steep downgrades, was not fun at all. You’re just a number to them, when I was sick and needed to go home to see the doctor they made me drive 5 hours out of my way to pick up a loaded trailer, then drive 15 hours back home. That is ridiculous. All that matters to them are loads, loads, loads. No consideration for the health and safety of the drivers themselves. Oh well. Glad I’m not there anymore. Good riddance.
Cons
average for a driving company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 6, 2019
not a bad place to work. as companies go. has its draw backs and pluses. i left because i did not have the time to address my issues at home from the road
Productive fun. Easy.
Driver (Former Employee) –  United statesFebruary 21, 2019
Great job with awesome benefits. Great atmosphere. Friendly people. I loved it but want more for myself and my family. All around a great company to work for.
Pros
Paid great
Cons
Not home much
Pam Transport Inc.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Ft. Payne, AL - Laredo, TxFebruary 20, 2019
To begin my driving career with Pam Transport was greatly appreciated. Pam Transport is a sound company. Their pay rate for mileage driven should be more compatible with other transportation companies rather than the bottom tier. I enjoyed learning the nations roadways through there system.

Want to know more about PAM Transport?

Ask a question
Terrible treatment
CLASS A TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 11, 2019
I was sent out with a mentor for close to 3 weeks. I've never been more humiliated and mistreated at a job like this place. Dont, just dont. There are better places to begin your driving career.
Very poor company to work for
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 8, 2019
It's sad that a company has to put students under contract to work a year for them or repay their school to them the school only charges 4,500.00 pam charges the students 5,999.00 n they deduct 45.00 a week from their pay for reimbursement of the school plus charge them 25.00 a week for the truck n at 20 cents a mile starting as a team up to 23 cents a mile n may only get 4,000 to 5,000 miles a week n solo pay is 35 cents a mile up to 2500 miles a week the majority of the drivers set most weekends because Pam has very few customers open on weekends this is only part of the problem dispatch will show x amount of miles loaded n empty but payroll will get less miles sent to them for pay to the drivers n if drivers don't check it they get ripped off n if drivers do check it n it's wrong miles it takes an act of Congress to get the miles paid that didn't match their dispatch for that load low pay is bad enough but to short the miles n rip the drivers off too TO ALL FUTURE DRIVERS BE Very carful about going to work for this company
Pros
There are none
Cons
They will rip you off beware
poor company to work for
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARFebruary 5, 2019
.17cpm trainer left me and went across the border to Mexico to party for the weekend and the next trainer watched tv going down the road while driving with me in the sleeper not aloud to go home till 3 months on the road and it took them 3 1/2 weeks to get me home and wasn't able to see my family from august 2016 til Nov2016 dispatcher had me on the east coast for ever and he would say tring to get you home but its not going to be when you want it they were harassing me alot
Disgusting
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHFebruary 2, 2019
Drivers were great to work with. It was the office enviroment that was disgusting. I have never work at a more miserable company in my life. A few in the office made it bearable to come into work. While ours needed training in just being good human beings. No support, total lack of training with a total lack of success. Sad truth is, I am completely ashamed of myself for staying with this company for as long as I did. If this company is not embarassed for itself on the way they treat people than at the every least it should be embarassed enough for the ones who have to work there.
Pros
You can do better somewhere else
Driver (Former Employee) –  Arkana, ARJanuary 17, 2019
This place lie to you and the you will owe them $6,000 for completing the cdl class. So I wouldn't advise anyone to go drive for this company. The recruiter will lie to you and the staff
Pros
Non
Cons
Terrible co to work for
Non professional
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Pay sucks dispatch doesn’t care about you being home . You will be sitting for hours maybe even a day or two waiting on a load they like to reset you allot
Pros
They pay for fuel
Not a bad place to work. Pay issues and better communication issues. Other than that no problems
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARJanuary 8, 2019
Just want better payment for miles. Overall review 3.5 out of 5. Miscommunication with destination but staff and front office has great and proactive responses to educate a trucker to his or her needs.
Pros
Benefits, great vehicles, team driving and pay for schooling
Cons
Pay issues, communication issues
Taking advantage of new drivers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 7, 2019
Paying new drivers .25 cpm which was an insult but being a new driver and they paid for my CDL training I worked or tried to work with them. Low mileage loads and getting $100 - $200 checks every 2 weeks was like slavery!
Pros
Will assist in obtaining CDL
Cons
too many to name
Starter company. Low pay. Low miles. Low money. Does not pay bills at all.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 2, 2019
At 500-700 a week (realistically, not the 900+ they promise you) you won’t be able to pay the bills.

No time home. You get one day at home for every week out. Meaning you spend a month out on the road, in the middle of nowhere, in the ice cold, in the scorching heat, in dirt yards, in truck stops, and you will only get 3-4 days home to see your family, your kids, your wife, your parents. Any responsibilities you have at home, you can throw them away. You won’t have the time or money.
Pros
None I can even think of.
Cons
Listed in the review.
running non stop
commercial truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARJanuary 2, 2019
i worked on the ford account and they will pay for your time but will take advantage of u being new and pay u bare minimum while your getting trained. when u get on your own they will pay u less because your on a dedicated account. when i was there they wanted u to park your truck at the operation center and drive home for your 34 hr restart even if u live across state because they wont let u take your truck home.
Pros
u have a bed to sleep in
Cons
the will pay u enough to eat on the road and but not provide for a family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAM Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7