PAM Transport Employee Reviews

Great place for new Employment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 16, 2018
Good place for a lot of new drivers. I really dont see what is with a lot of people talking down on a company that provides jobs its hard not working. So I say find your own experience. You gotta do what you gotta do..
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Sometimes others make your job hard
Otr company driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARApril 4, 2018
PAM Transport was a good fit for me, vacation pay of 3 weeks after 5 years of service . OTR DRIVERS THAT WORK IN LANES NEAR THERE MAIN TERMINals i.e. Dallas , Little Rock, North Jackson Ohio or others etc. could have more frequent home time if married etc. Good equipment and support team... keep moving and you can make a good living.
Pros
Safety / fuel bonus, Good Equipment, For the most part friendly staff
Cons
Sometimes left on hold for long periods getting though to Operations
Don't work here.
Driver Manager, Corporate Headquarters (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 31, 2018
I honestly didn't work here very long. I left quickly to go work for a bigger company, JB Hunt Transport. PAM requires long hours and pays very little.
Management On my side sucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 29, 2018
I now owe 2700 dollars for a fine that was the companies fault and I have to hire a lawyer The trailer was recently known to be over weight yet I was still asked to move the load from the yard without them communicating officially I didn't Know what was going on so I pulled the trailer out They didn't pay me my layover pay as I been requested the management is trash they don't respond with complete sentences
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management and pay sucks
Your basic trucking company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 22, 2018
Small and basic. Dm had 5 drivers each. Good miles. If time off needed ask in advance and its approved immediately. Good on advances and maintaining equipment.
Pros
Pay, management
Cons
Away from home
Hated it.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield MOMarch 12, 2018
They put me with a driving mentor/teacher. That ate nothing but truck stop sausage rolls. He would have BMs in the truck .I kept calling my driver manager to switch mentors but they refused. Health and safety issues that they did not care about. I jumped out at a DOT inspection and got it noted. Hated every minute of this low wage job with no support from management. Think twice before committing to this job or you owe them $5,000, if you can't last a year trying to support a family.
Pros
Cons
Home time 2 days a month.
Good employment
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 7, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Management was amazing. Full time employment opportunities with room for advancement or position changes if desired.
Pros
Management, Benefits, paid time off
Cons
Stressful enviroment
Competitive yet relaxed. Room for innovative ideas.
Director of Planning (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 5, 2018
Lots of room for innovative ideas to progress processes. I gained valuable experience with freedom to excel. Management is reasonable and capable. Family like environment with typical and necessary political platforms. Difficulties came with lack of communication processes throughout upper management down to ground level. I enjoyed the rapport with coworkers and KPI successes shared with employees.
Pros
Open to innovation, family environment, People
Cons
Communication processes lacking at management level, Technologically behind
Busy
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 5, 2018
Planning specialists only can apply. The real business of trucking when it was in New Jersey. No longer in New Jersey alot good people were there. Great environment.
Former diesel mechanic
Former Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Good place to start out and get your hands dirty, but low pay as a mechanic.. the management sucks they say they will fire ypu at least 3 or 4 times a day..
Pros
Some co-workers
Cons
Management and pay
i hate driving
OTR Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2018
I didn't like drive cross county it just wasn't for me but I knew people who loved it. its a boring job eney body can relate that driving for hours every day isn't good
Horrible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2018
I was recruited by PAM in truck driving school. They agreed to pay for my schooling in return for 12 month of working for them. They promised plenty of miles. They promised plenty of home time. They promised pay increases.

They lied.

I graduated the driving program on time. It took PAM a month and a half to get me a drive manager. I wasn't being paid for that time. Everyday I had to call in and report that I was ready to go. I had to have my bags backed, and be ready to leave out in less than an hour. It was only after contacting other trucking companies and trying to work out an arrangement with them that PAM got me on the road.

Coached driving should take 6 weeks. You do not get paid during this time. They give you a $25 a week food allowance. Your drive coach actually gets paid for your miles. Yet you are expected to drive 11 hours a day, everyday. They kept refusing to graduate me to single driver after my 6 weeks. I was out 10 weeks, and threatened to quit. Finally they said I was ready to go solo.

They had me catch rides with other drivers from Missouri to Chicago. At one point I was stranded at a drive yard for about 14 hours. No bathroom. No place to eat or sleep. Finally I got to Chicago to get my truck. It had been abandoned by a disgruntled driver. It was not where it was supposed to be, PAM left me stranded in Chicago for 3 days while I looked for the truck. They refused to pay for hotel. I had to have my parent wire me money.

I finally found the truck in a repo yard. I had to pay for the repo charges up front, Another loan from
  more... parents. PAM did eventually pay me back for repo charges.

I drove for the company for the next year. I had to fight for both miles and home time. They would keep me out for 10 to 12 weeks at a time. Then only let me stay home for about 4 days before heading back out. I only received 21 cents per mile. I never got a raise. I only average about 1500 miles a week. That's half of what they promised. I barely got a paycheck. It was horrible.

At the end of my one year I wanted out. They refused to route me home. I tried for over a month to get home. I couldn't just abandon
the truck. They would charge you thousands for doing that. I finally got to my home yard. I turned over my truck to the yard manager and quit. I did everything like they told me to do. About two months later I received a $5,000 bill from PAM. They claimed that I had not fulfilled my end of the agreement and were charging me for the cost of schooling. I had to hire a lawyer to fight it. They eventually dropped it.

This was the worst 18 months of my life. While trucking can be a great career, this company will cheat you, screw you over and use you up.
Cons
If you enjoy being talked to like a maggot....
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHFebruary 17, 2018
I worked in the office with dispatchers. Most of the dispatchers were incredibly rude, and I mean downright ignorant and rude to the drivers and the managers supported their behavior. I wouldn't be surprised if a lawsuit(s) would be filed against the way they treated the drivers. It literally disgusted me to hear individuals talk that way to another human being. There's no reason for it. It is like these dispatchers enjoy arguing and instigating situations that didn't exist just to feed their own egos. Downright assenine. There were only 4 people who have human souls there and they deserve much better than this trash hauling they are expected to tolerate.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Un-humanly approach by most of the employees to the drivers and fellow co-workers
The maintanence department felt very secure
Maintanence coodinator (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 16, 2018
The job was very demanding and you deal with challenges everyday but the supervisors and mangers were very supportive through mistakes and used them as teaching moments. Very supportive of life outside of work and willing to work with you on time off.
OTR Truck Driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 15, 2018
Excellent way to break into the Trucking Industry, they assist with your training in 1st year. Was away from home more than I cared for but that is part of this industry.
Pros
Daily Pay
Cons
Away time from home
Good place to start but its best to climb the scale to last.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHFebruary 11, 2018
As a former truck driver, i ended getting my HAZMAT endorsement within my 3 month period, started with my Tanker endorsement but if i was still driving I'd probably would be Team HAZMAT operator now in days if someone ask money isn't too bad but you're killing yourself to gross $1,000 a week, have the HAZMAT makes it easier but again you'll have people who has your back and your people that'll eat you alive in truck other than that i actually didn't mind driving with PAM Transport.
Pros
Best way to get your CDL Class A with experience.
Cons
Some of the dispatchers and safety guys wanting you to call them because of what they want to say.
Team Driver/OTR Driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARFebruary 8, 2018
As a team driver, we made okay mileage. We had a dedicated run. However, PAM was not concerned about faulty equipment, nor the safety of the drivers. As a team, we had constant issues with our tractor. We were constantly being brushed off when requesting mechanical checks/repairs. Trailers had consistent safety issues, as well. As a solo driver, I received little to no miles. I barely net $150 a week. PAM had me sitting sometimes for days at a time. Their pay was the same whether you drove team or solo. Their facilities are not well maintained. They are dirty, out of date, and lacking in appearance. I started with PAM as it was an easy company to start trucking with.
Pros
I was able to get on as a new driver, Paid training, Benefits offered
Cons
Poor equipment, Poor facilities, Low miles, Low pay, Not concerned for drivers' safety
Not worth it
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARFebruary 5, 2018
Pam Transport really needs to work on the pay, I was there for 2 year hoping they would get up on the mile, but I stayed at 26 a mile the whole 2 years I was there,so I left
Poor communication from driver managers and poor pay.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 4, 2018
Working for this company has not been the easiest because there was not enough communication from any driver managers I had. I would sit for days waiting to hear back about getting an empty trailer or a load assignment. Would not recommend.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low pay, not enough loads, a lot of down time, poor communication from driver managers
Avoid
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 2, 2018
This place is a joke! Required to team, management doesn’t ever get back to you about anything, could care less about your safety! I was with a driver that tried to literally throw me out of the truck backwards and they asked me to get back on the truck with him and they threw a fit when I said I didn’t feel comfortable doing so.
Pros
Decent on keeping me moving, newer equipment
Cons
Pay, management, training, rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAM Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8