PAM Transport Employee Reviews

Overall they bite
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHDecember 11, 2018
They have their recruiters to tell job seekers a totally different amount than they will pay. Then pam blames the recuriters and they blame pam , so the drivers get screwed.Even though the lawsuit in their home state was upheld against them again over pay for drivers.
Cons
You sit more than you drive
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARDecember 5, 2018
Pam will have you sitting more than driving. No miles to break even at the end of a work week. Lease purchase program sucks. They are loosing contracts and drivers.
Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 30, 2018
Im a new driver at PAM, I think the good or bad comes from the individual and there work ethics, PAM gives many a chance to get there CDL and A truck driving job with no money out of pocket or experience. As any new career you start at the bottom and work your way up or into a better paying position, your attitude and self expression may have a barring on your job. All that said i believe PAM Transpot is a fine Company to start your career and even long term employment if you work hard be understanding and get through your first year and see where it leads.if it turns out im wrong i will explain that after a few months of employment.
Pros
Good overall Company
Cons
Cant please everyone
Horrible
Otr driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 26, 2018
Do not like it. Will have you waiting for a long time. They never answer there phones. They left me sitting for a load that has already been picked up for two days.
Poor management. Descrimination against Hispanics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TontitownNovember 15, 2018
Terrible management. Bully work atmosphere. No job security. Not a place to say if you're looking for long term. They can careless about office personnel or drivers. I would NOT recommend either office personnel or drivers to apply for Pam. They are awful people and will belittle you every chance they get.
Pros
Cons
Discrimination
65 hr weeks for 500 bucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  Willard, OHNovember 9, 2018
If you like working long hours for very little pay this place is for you. Hourly rate is determined by how fast you can run a set number of stops. At a whooping.23cpm plus .02 for hazmat. Doesn’t pay enough to live on. Example 470 mile trip breaks down to about 10.25/ hr for a 12 hr day. 7.50 a stop. Maybe get two stops. And if the docks take their time to load you you don’t get anything till after two hrs. So there is a lot of time sitting and not making money. Insurance is super high. Be prepared to not make money.
Pros
Cons
Don’t make enough for what you work.
A Horrible Place to Work
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
Do not work at PAM Transport! there are plenty of starter companies out there that will pay you better and treat you better. I've been with Pam for two years starting with them, And even though that the pay was horrible($300 or $400 if I'm lucky) and sitting for 3 or 4 days at a time I still tried to be loyal to a company that do not value they drivers. They have people coming in literally every week. You are replaceable nothing but a number (truck number or driver code) to them that can be replaced and payed cheaper then you. The two years that I've been with them with all of my endorsement's (except passenger) I was still making 36 CPM. So do not make the same mistake I did and put in your loyalty, time and energy to a company that do not appreciate your dedication. Like I said in the beginning there are plenty of starter companies out there that will treat you way better then PAM Transport!
Not good
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 29, 2018
Not good, felt cheated and lied to the only good part about it was the trainer other then that pam has a lot of work that is not need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
decent to a point
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, AROctober 25, 2018
different is what I would call this company reason for that is on one side you have people there that actually cares for the driver and on the other you have the ones who are there to just work and go home not caring about the driver or driver needs or wants
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, AROctober 20, 2018
It was the worst experience i have ever had in a job . Horrible pay almost no miles most of the time. We would get a run for 2000 miles and head to pick up and end-up waiting on the load for 3 to 4 days most of the time with not alternative loads in the meantime.
great schedule
Recruiting Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 16, 2018
Company was numbers driven and did not consider the employment environment in the Laredo area.
Daily meetings on goals and time allocation was a benefit to company ideas and always changing
Pros
pay
Cons
set up for failure/ unrealistic goals
Do not work for Pam
CDL Class A OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 8, 2018
Do not work for Pam. They tell you you will get between 2500-3000 miles a week. I was never able to log over 2000 miles. There are alot of times waiting for loads to be dispatched.
Pros
Cons
You will never get over 2000 miles a week
Hard to get miles the pay is Ridiculous low
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHOctober 7, 2018
Not for me I’m trying to get a steady paycheck each week instead of warring about going to get the miles and what the paycheck is going to be A lot of sitting down time
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay
N/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARSeptember 27, 2018
Relaxed environment; Full time work; It's similar to other corporate companies as far as pay; Job security with office; Casual Fridays; Holidays aren't celebrated
Not bad for beginners.
OTR Driver (CDL A) (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARSeptember 17, 2018
Lower start pay until you train others. Then you can make $120,000 as a newer driver in only 6 months! Polite and affable managers. Just remember to remind them to add miles to dispatches for empty miles driven to search for an empty trailer.
Pros
Young equipment keeps you rolling.
Cons
Frequently in Ohio and Michigan (Detroit is terrible for trucks).
Starting Company
Comercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARSeptember 17, 2018
The truck driving life is good and all, but when it comes to getting "trained " and stuck with a bill for "schooling"PAM is the place to go! They are at least not SWIFT.
Pros
Escape
Cons
Never seeing your family
good place to start
Team OTR truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARSeptember 9, 2018
Although there are always problems with a job, pam was better than many I've been with. There are plenty of yards making repowers easy, and lines communication is usually open. not all DM's were competent but if you can find a good one they can keep you running and take pretty good care of you.
pam transport
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 9, 2018
its nothing that i can really say about pam as a company I've only been employed for 2 weeks. right now i waiting to get picked by my mentor so that i can get started
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good hours
Trailer Inspector (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 25, 2018
It was somewhat of a fast paced job. Good amount of hours good vision benefits and good employee discounts. Weekly pay and fair opportunity to move up in the company.
Not good calculating miles, when brought to attention I was given the brush off
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARAugust 17, 2018
The company is great but the pay roll department would not fix my loss of miles for two months, there for I'm seeking other employment opportunity else where

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAM Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7