Panalpina Employee Reviews

Great Culture and Management Team
North District Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 17, 2019
Panalpina is a great company to work for. The culture and management are great. There is room for advancement and training opportunities to expand your skills.
Productive work place and Work Friendly
Warehouse Receiving Clerk/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 10, 2019
Panalpina is a great place to learn different jobs from computers learning skills to operating different departments. The people are great to work with, feel like friends are in the work place.
Heavy Political Machine
VP, Global Supply Chain Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2019
Recommendations by front line staff to improve operational efficiency are not taken seriously by management. Autonomy and transparency are not part of the cultural make up so customer support is impacted and front line teams are beaten down with workload and uninspired and/or uninterested in going the extra mile as it is not viewed as valuable.
Pros
Scale, network
Cons
Old world management
Great Value for Employees
Customs Broker-Import Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2019
Very Employee focused and good training program but have lost site of customer focus and business development. Currently trying to catchup and regrow lost business due to loose atmosphere and inefficiencies in external adherence to customers. Earlier image of indispensability had led to missed opportunities and loss of market presence. Cost cutting in important areas and bad timing of IT changes have led to bottlenecks and critical competitive difficulties. Possibility of Acquisition promising but little room for internal growth or recovery of past status or reputation.
Pros
Friendly and employee focused
Cons
Long term market follower not the leader they once were
fun place to work
Customer Service, Air export freight, data entry (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 5, 2019
in wasfun and exciting place to work. meet a lot of new customers nation wide, to update customer around the united states and others.
Providing customer with update information.
The work load
Ocean Import Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
The workload can sometimes be stressful. They do not have automated systems that can help track shipments. Very manual and dated process of tracking shipments.
Fair
Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 1, 2019
Your average forwarder, good people, good support, weak agent network, so so service, attainable commission structure, frequent management changes, overall ok
Pros
Job Security if you work hard
Cons
A lot of "its not my job" from operations, no ownership.
Account Manager
CUSTOMS ENTRY WRITER (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 27, 2019
This was my 1st position in the Logistics Industry. Great opportunity, but could never see myself working here long term. Management was just ok, not the greatest
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
work enviroment
A decent job
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 1, 2019
I learned how to operate a sit-down forklift at this establishment.I also learned how to receive freight. For the most part, the work culture is pretty decent. There were some people that worried me, but they never lasted long.
If You Are There, Run Away. If You Are Applying, Stay Away
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2018
The worst company I have ever experience in my 10 year career. Disorganized, poor management and unhealthy culture. Too many other choices for you to work in this miserable place.
Pros
A Paycheck
Cons
Poor Management
terrible culture-cut throats abound-avoid !
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJDecember 10, 2018
terrible place to work when I was there-back stabbers in the accounting department-hostile,unfriendly people-no team spirit and cliques make it a place to avoid- NJ office
No kind of structure
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 19, 2018
There is no type of structure in the ocean import/export department. They want you make sure things are done without no kind of team lead. The work load is so unorganized, and once something goes wrong management is quick to point the blame on the department. When there is no organization. Good place to learn ocean freight forwarding imports and other experiences. I saw alot of people getting stressed out due to poor management.
very stressful work
Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2018
micromanagement, manager did ruin the BU. Nepotism . work culture was good. Coworkers were good. manager had less experience managing a BU. Some people were favored at work.
Too many hours for not enough pay and horrible health benefits
Air Export Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2018
Very high stress and very long hours. Very tense workplace with high turnover and a lot of disgruntled employees. The company bought huge computer program that did not even begin to meet the requirements of operations. The first manager I had was excellent, informative, and very easy to work with. She was moved to another position and the manager that took her place discriminated against many people, including me.
Pros
Nice building right next to the airport runway, with windows all around
Cons
Computer systems not designed for operations, lots of back-stabbing, discriminatory manager, lack of good training, HORRIBLE hours
Panalpina is no longer operating.
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaSeptember 14, 2018
Panalpina was a Swiss owned International Broker. The Indianapolis branch was closed, however my former manager is still in the business and can be contacted for references. The company was highly competitive and considered sales of primary importance. I was able to gain knowledge of both International imports and exports under their full service trade products.
Pros
A very fast paced work environment.
Cons
High level of stress to meet deadlines and account for large sums of money.
Ocean Export Agent (Former Employee) –  MiamiSeptember 3, 2018
Hard work
Excellent work culture
Learn a lot of custom regulations
Is an excellent company with great benefits God’s tema players we received a lot training
Dallas Panalpina is not a good place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2018
Panalpina management and staff is not willing to work with you. the second shift supervisor rides on the coat tales of his staff. the company does everything in is power to not reward you with a pay raise. I would go above and beyond ever day and got nothing while the second shift got a descent raise.
Fast paced fun place to work.
Air Export Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 29, 2018
A typical day at work was answering all incoming calls, helping companies with shipments, giving them shipment estimates. I learned how to work well with others. It was basically a fun place to work. The hardest part was meeting shipment deadlines. The most enjoyable was being able to help the customers and meeting new people.
Pros
Met many new people, did not have to work holidays
Cons
Sometimes it was stressful making sure shipments got out on time.
panaplina
Customer service air imports (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2018
Panalpina , is a good company that has access to great perks, but management was slacking- too many people left company- I seen 14 lave in my dept in 1 yr 9 mo. I cant put my finger on the chciago office failures, but I would have loved to transfer to MIA or BNA
Pros
good benifits
Cons
bad management
Air Import Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 15, 2018
Daily maintenance & monitoring files via different modes of transit from various locations. Includes the accuracy of billing for account maintenance of the file.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panalpina. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight