Panasonic Avionics Corporation Employee Reviews

Spinning wheels
Quality something or other (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 8, 2018
Todays paperwork trail can leave you fatigued but nothing compares to being a new fish.
Sit right down new fish and we will see if we can find a place for you to sit and get you up and surfing in the company sea. Weeks later.
More companies would rather pay your initiation by demanding you sit and read all the policies, workmanship procedures for 2 or more days and fail to bother following up with you so when push comes to shove you end up spending your first week or more sitting around
before you are even provided a computer, granted access into the company’s portal network and actually begin working and feeling like an employee. What is IT? Half of **it.
Recently I had an encounter with a situation of excessive chain of leads and supervisors who was overwhelmed with work load and had no time to train me properly particularly in the paperwork flow.
All he could hope to do is throw me in the fire and become counterproductive killing their time and yours by me
constantly asking questions. This is the most pathetic means of management that plagues 50% of the companies
I have worked for in the last 10 years.
Pros
Micro management BUZZ KILL
Cons
Micro management BUZZ KILL
Fun work
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  BothellOctober 2, 2018
Excellent place to work. Good management, loved my team.
Good pay. If I will stay in Seattle I will never work another job, because of the atmosphere and overall excellence.
Panasonic Avionics is a good company
Sr. Manager, Design Quality Engineering (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CASeptember 28, 2018
Panasonic Avionics is a very good company to work for.
I have enjoyed the work environment and most of the people who I come across.
I have learned many things about aerospace while working for Panasonic.
Pros
Good and stable company
Cons
Too far from where I live
growth
Planner/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CASeptember 25, 2018
Every job opportunity is a learning experience and you gain knowledge that is beneficial in new job search. Not enough time spent in hands on training as most training consisted of reading a tutorial.
Pros
electric car chargers on premises
Cons
They don't treat employees equally as each manager has their own team favorites.
Very cool people and work environment.
Maintenance Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Some of the leads can be know it alls but every place has those. They pay very well for Houston and training. The job itself can be stressful and fast pace but the coworkers make is not more relaxed. Make sure you can pass customs!!!
Pros
Pay, time off, promotions, travel, discounts, benefits.
Cons
Can be long work weeks at times.
Challenging
Master Production Scheduler (MPS) (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 15, 2018
Little to no Management support. All job functions were based on the employees input while additional assignments were given. When employees were at their breaking point, only additional hours and input from other employees was the only way to achieve goals given.
Pros
Support from colleagues
Cons
Poor management
review
Procurement Agent Planner II (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 7, 2018
Typical day is spent planning, procurement and doing expediting. I came away from Panasonic as a Material Planner which I never have done before & always wanted to do. Management is good. Culture is fast paced.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Healthcare
Great company!
Technician / Consultant (Former Employee) –  JFK AirportJuly 22, 2018
Great company to work for,in providing up to date in-flight entertainment technology.Room for advancement and a stepping stone to working for the airlines,
Great place if you're the right fit.
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 21, 2018
I've had the pleasure of working with some very bright people here. Typical engineering company. We build cool things in a cool industry. Strategic alignment seems to be an issue among top management that trickle down to middle and lower management.

This place is perfect for those who want a steady job and are content with the standard 9-5.

To be fair, I am a young professional who's maybe too ambitious for the direction I am trying to take my role and my department in.

Panasonic is a great company, all the way up to the Osaka HQ. It's what's made them last for 100 years.
Pros
Good health, decent 401K match
Cons
Strategic misalignment, siloed organization, not up to speed with how companies are run these days
Project Manager, Test Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 18, 2018
Immediate supervisor was fantastic, company has good product, benefits and salary were competitive, industry leader in field, would go back if I could.
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits
Nice environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 17, 2018
I lover it and would go back but I want better opptinities I love the hours u put in and really wanna be hired on there cause im a good worker and fast paste too.
Pros
Own lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 14, 2018
Everyone knows what his or her job is. The management was excellent, always working with your schedule. The workplace culture is awesome. The hardest part of my job is trying to stay awake.
Working at Panasonic
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 15, 2018
The environment isn't bad but management has some improving to do. Communication is a major issue in all areas and this can cause major issues. It can feel like an over promise and under deliver.
If you are looking for airline experience, this is it
Maintenance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2018
Typical start to the day is checking your work email. From there, managers will message you if you are behind on training. Training consists of Panasonic training and airline training. Lots of information to disseminate, almost to the point of overwhelming, at least for me.
Airport work is where it is fascinating. You will work with different airlines and see how they operate as well as witnessing firsthand life at an airport. Excellent place to network if you wish to go to the airlines. The work itself as an MSR can be either tedious or interesting or stressful. Management at my base was okay. They do listen if you have concerns or personal problems that may affect work. Graveyard shift is shorthanded constantly. If you are hired, most likely you will be placed at graveyard shift. No different from the airlines if you're a noobie.
Great benefits package with Panasonic. They do take care of you. 401k available. There is some room for advancement. Most MSRs become leads, Technical Service Reps, or can go to the corporate HQ in Lake Forest if you play your cards right.
Airline work isn't for everybody however, as I have discovered. If you like the work hours and fast paced work, apply at Panasonic. I hope this helps.
Pros
Excellent benefits, some room for advancement
Cons
Short breaks, busy on graveyard, sometimes stressful
A big company with a lot of room for improvements in programming pracitces
Automation Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 9, 2018
Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is a large scale company. There are many aspects the company can (and it will) grow, specifically with the Automation team. Managers are very caring about their employees and there are great services the company provides people to ensure that they work in a comfortable environment.

I have worked within the Automation team and expanded on my programming skills, and can definitely say the team will grow and excel considerably in the near future.
Pros
Great services and facilities for employees
Cons
Lack of highly skilled and knowledgeable programmers (or senior programmers)
REview
Test Engineer I - IFES /Software Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 3, 2018
Awesome position and workers. Friendly environment and family oriented. They stay up to their standard. Support everyone no matter what the issue or issues are.
Good Place to work
MSR (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 25, 2018
This job will build the skills on whatever is required for any high level technical job. A lot of people are getting hired and changing jobs as time goes on, always an issue with people vs work required to get done. This company has moving up opportunities but require relocation or living in California.
Panasonic was loyal to employees.
Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 15, 2018
Panasonic Avionics was loyal to its employees when I worked there. However, before my lay-off, I began to see changes in management methods, likely due to corporate growth and greater implementation in to the Panasonic global corporate group, that indicated that this loyalty might be on the wain. I would not be surprised if Panasonic Avionics Corporation is required to implement union labor in the next 10 years.
Pros
Good benefits, collaborative attitude, growth into new fields.
Cons
If new fields fail, lay-offs and closures.
Discouraging
Engineering Technical Writer III (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 4, 2018
Everyone there has their head where the sun don't shine. Management has no time for you. Coworkers too busy to deal with your petty concerns. No feedback on performance, then suddenly this is your last day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor work environment, no cooperation at all, sorry, can't help you
Productive, but fast paced
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 29, 2018
Productive, but fast paced. Relationship really matters the most. There is opportunity for learning and growth. Diverse culture. Overall it is a good place to work and learn.
benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panasonic Avionics Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight