Panasonic Avionics Corporation Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 17, 2018
I lover it and would go back but I want better opptinities I love the hours u put in and really wanna be hired on there cause im a good worker and fast paste too.
Pros
Own lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 14, 2018
Everyone knows what his or her job is. The management was excellent, always working with your schedule. The workplace culture is awesome. The hardest part of my job is trying to stay awake.
Working at Panasonic
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 15, 2018
The environment isn't bad but management has some improving to do. Communication is a major issue in all areas and this can cause major issues. It can feel like an over promise and under deliver.
If you are looking for airline experience, this is it
Maintenance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2018
Typical start to the day is checking your work email. From there, managers will message you if you are behind on training. Training consists of Panasonic training and airline training. Lots of information to disseminate, almost to the point of overwhelming, at least for me.
Airport work is where it is fascinating. You will work with different airlines and see how they operate as well as witnessing firsthand life at an airport. Excellent place to network if you wish to go to the airlines. The work itself as an MSR can be either tedious or interesting or stressful. Management at my base was okay. They do listen if you have concerns or personal problems that may affect work. Graveyard shift is shorthanded constantly. If you are hired, most likely you will be placed at graveyard shift. No different from the airlines if you're a noobie.
Great benefits package with Panasonic. They do take care of you. 401k available. There is some room for advancement. Most MSRs become leads, Technical Service Reps, or can go to the corporate HQ in Lake Forest if you play your cards right.
Airline work isn't for everybody however, as I have discovered. If you like the work hours and fast paced work, apply at Panasonic. I hope this helps.
Pros
Excellent benefits, some room for advancement
Cons
Short breaks, busy on graveyard, sometimes stressful
A big company with a lot of room for improvements in programming pracitces
Automation Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 9, 2018
Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is a large scale company. There are many aspects the company can (and it will) grow, specifically with the Automation team. Managers are very caring about their employees and there are great services the company provides people to ensure that they work in a comfortable environment.

I have worked within the Automation team and expanded on my programming skills, and can definitely say the team will grow and excel considerably in the near future.
Pros
Great services and facilities for employees
Cons
Lack of highly skilled and knowledgeable programmers (or senior programmers)
REview
Test Engineer I - IFES /Software Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 3, 2018
Awesome position and workers. Friendly environment and family oriented. They stay up to their standard. Support everyone no matter what the issue or issues are.
Good Place to work
MSR (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 25, 2018
This job will build the skills on whatever is required for any high level technical job. A lot of people are getting hired and changing jobs as time goes on, always an issue with people vs work required to get done. This company has moving up opportunities but require relocation or living in California.
Panasonic was loyal to employees.
Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 15, 2018
Panasonic Avionics was loyal to its employees when I worked there. However, before my lay-off, I began to see changes in management methods, likely due to corporate growth and greater implementation in to the Panasonic global corporate group, that indicated that this loyalty might be on the wain. I would not be surprised if Panasonic Avionics Corporation is required to implement union labor in the next 10 years.
Pros
Good benefits, collaborative attitude, growth into new fields.
Cons
If new fields fail, lay-offs and closures.
Discouraging
Engineering Technical Writer III (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 4, 2018
Everyone there has their head where the sun don't shine. Management has no time for you. Coworkers too busy to deal with your petty concerns. No feedback on performance, then suddenly this is your last day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor work environment, no cooperation at all, sorry, can't help you
Productive, but fast paced
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 29, 2018
Productive, but fast paced. Relationship really matters the most. There is opportunity for learning and growth. Diverse culture. Overall it is a good place to work and learn.
benefits
Cons
management
Not a great place to work.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 19, 2018
I spent my first three years here dealing with a severely hostile work environment; I would have left if I wasn't the breadwinner. There's no clear career path here. Often put under managers who have nothing to do with my subject matter. Even when they move the racist, sexist folks into another department, the culture sucks. Often worried a singularity will form on the campus, people are so dense.
Pros
No accountability, so you're going to get away with a lot
Cons
Racism. Sexism. Stalkers. Threats.
Software Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 5, 2018
A great place to work, high stress environment made it easier to cope with ample days off, free lunches, and employee appreciation days. Although it was somewhat challenging to seek promotions due to politics still a great place to work.
Pros
Employee apprecaition, free lunches, great team building exercises.
Cons
Politics
Decent place to Work
Sr. Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 5, 2018
Decent work life balance. Too much politics and favoritism with in the team.
No opportunity to grow in your area of expertise.
Salary below par with the current market standards.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 1, 2018
Fast paced, lots of work under tight time lines. Fun but can be very frustrating. Great new Exec Team, that will hopefully make sweeping changes so the company can continue to be successful. Lots to look forward to.
Fun Workplace
Systems Installation Designer (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 13, 2018
My time there was great. Travel opportunities are awesome perks too. The department I was in had great leadership and encourages everyone else to pitch in opinions - unfortunate that I was a contractor.
Good collaborative work enviroment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Fair salary and benefit.
Different teams have different culture depending on the managers.
A place that you can learn something new every day, which is good for growth.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Program Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 27, 2018
Intense, busy days where you hit the ground running every morning where I've learned to juggle many tasks at once which is expected of you. The Panasonic Avionics Corporation work environment is populated with many smart and dedicated professionals where the customer comes first - be it internal or external. The hardest part of the job is knowing that your work is never done. I find it most enjoyable to help my Program Managers and the customer.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Stressful
Great company
NOC engineer III (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Had to take care of my team and get the systems working no matter what.

Manage was changing alot and place became a bit confusing to work in.

Keeping up with skills was at times hard due to the changing of the shifts on the GCS side of the fence.
Pros
Training was excellent
Cons
Long hours and stressful project times.
Ideal Place to work
Software Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 29, 2018
employees rewarded based on merit.
company make a major investment in training and professional development
Fun place to work
leaders and veteran staff encouraged mentors
Pros
respecting others and listening to different ideas and opinions
Cons
less OT opertunities
Was a fast paced environment. Good people busy
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 25, 2018
The company rarely hire full time employees. The position was temporary but for as long as u wanted to stay. Management was good as long as you did your work it was fine
Pros
Straight 8 hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panasonic Avionics Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight