Panasonic Corporation

Panasonic Corporation Employee Reviews

United States101 reviews

Found 101 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,733 reviews
longlearnbenefitcompanygoodteamlotexperience

Productive,fun working with friendly people, I got experience to work in electronics company

Working in national Panasonic is a great experience,regular employees are very friendly and helpful, work is fun we are wearing a proper uniform Working place is clean all the QC's are approachable.Their products are very high quality.

boring, no sense of community, no place to relax outside the building,(no green area )

The company focuses on productivity good pay and good benefits, but their HR department is bad, they do not drive the company policies, they have created a culture of entitlement by not following on their own attendance and performance policies, people that are responsible and good workers get demoralized to see how others just get away with everything and get rewarded for their bad attendance and behaviors, they get $150.00 extra per every day they work O.T and the supervisor can't held anybody accountable because HR will not support them for the fear of losing employees. PENA is the wild west for all the people who want to strike rich and do whatever they want.

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, carrier growth. All the overtime you want, and extra bonus every day you do overtime. Long lunch and good breaks time frame

Cons

HR does not support their management team especially supervisors, they always take the bad employees' side, and this creates an atmosphere of discontent between good employees and management.

Panasonic Corporation insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Horribly mismanaged all the way up until they shut the doors

Constantly hired bad managers that drove the site right into the ground. All the half the office people were from Japan and spoke little to no English. They always acted like anyone from the US was wrong and they were always right even though more than half the time they ended up being the ones who were wrong.

Good job

Good job definitely helpful and grate work and workers. A good environment but could be better and night shift should help more but good pay for job.

Great people and energizing work

Overall great experience working at Panasonic. The team was focused and energized while building Plant Operations in the WNY area. Unfortunately, our business plan was tied to a larger company with greater influence and they ultimately pushed us out of the area. Would have been so rewarding to see how big we could've gotten had we been able to be independent from them.

Pros

Great team, opportunities for growth, trusting leaders

Ugly culture

My time in Panasonic division was a miserable one. My part of the company tended have, in my view, a culture that enjoyed being cruel to the staff in the US and overseas. It was generally always insulting and demeaning.

Pros

There are some good people there and the products are good, some divisions are generally good to work in, but others are filled with bad executive managementare

Cons

Culture, treatment of staff was demeaning, overseas staff was treated poorly, Japanese business culture if you are not used to it, lots of group think

Terrible place, closedown

This company was not transparent, they did not notify people of plant closure even though rumors were flying. Management denied rumors which turned out to be reality.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Older personnel

Not much room for advancement due to older personnel staying until retirement. Growth as a employee is limited. Good people who always look to help out. A lot of department vs department drama.

A good place to work just have to deal with differt personalities from other people

There is no structure on job training and very little opportunities for promotion.Learning the job is basically on the skills you have and how well you can cath on from watching others don't really provide written information on what needs to be done.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

No form of training

Decent working place but long hours

The people here are friendly. The pay is decent. Management depending on the department is a hit or miss. Job security is good. Long hours at work tend to miss out on alot of events

Pros

Shuttle to work, benifits

Cons

Long hours. Work/life balance.

Team work

I loved working for panasonic, I relocated to tennessee or I would definetly still be with this employee. All coworker are helpful, even if they are not in your department. Company has great benefits and really cares about its employees.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Some management flaws

Work and most people were great.

Good and bads just like any work place managment like certain people, they did not like other people. I do in my opinion believe they profile and judge you on appearance. You are aloud 4 days off in the first yr and 4 months i took 7 in 1 yr 6 months and i believe i was fired for points.

Unprofessional

Decent benefits and pay cant make up for the poor management team.Want to advance? Be prepared to heavily kiss a or hand out favors. Lower level management is an utter joke. Job skills and experience do not matter, if you have a pulse you can get hired. If you have ANY related experience, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. This is not the place for seasoned professionals to work. Unless, of course, you want to see the inept janitor get promoted ahead of you because he pays for supervisors lap dances on days off. Place is a joke.Interview process didnt exist. Walked in, 10 minutes later had a job offer. Again, if you have a pulse, you have a job.

Pros

Free cereal

Cons

Everything else

exciting

this company was constantly trying to evolve and change their company culture to evolve with it. I was proud to say I worked for Panasonic and sometimes wish I was still there.

Worse place to work for this side of the Western Hemisphere

Hook and lure tactics to just place and fill positions spent 4 years with them in the hopes of being moved to days instead i was offered a promotion to stay on nights when expressing my concern for my family’s well being and mine prior to this job I had worked 12 hour night shift for almost 10 years so coming to Panasonic was supposed to change all that I was told that I was to essential on nights and I can not be replaced long story short HR is worthless the recruiters at the main office in Reno have no idea what goes on inside the gigs factory corporate is tired of the complaining and tells employees to deal with it and management will lie through their teeth to get you to shut up and work

Pros

Cons

Waisted, 4 years, there, and, they still, can’t get, it, together

Can't follow QMS or Documented Procedures and Processes.

From simple - basic geometric measurement techniques and hand tools thru to Component tests.. many failures and even incompetence amongst A&P Contractors that are unfamiliar with Lab Room Inspections/tests/surface plate.. Training is severely lacking and most instructions are verbal as are the Inspections.

Pros

paycheck

Cons

immediate Supervisor is incompetent to maintain a robust Inspection/Quality Dept.

Boring repetitive work

They only want body’s there. They don’t care about anything else except numbers. One person running 3 peoples machines and then they have the audacity to come over and ask why a machine isn’t currently running while you’re inside another trying to get it running. There attendance policy is a joke you can miss as many days as you want till you upset a supervisor and then suddenly you’re getting pulled into HR to talk about possible job termination lol. Not even kidding I and many others have had our “final warnings” so many times.

Pros

As much overtime as you want.

Cons

You’ll most likely just be another giant corporations pawn.

Strange place

It is a great place to work, if you are not scared of over time and daily challenges. Things between departments can get a bit difficult, because they like to throw problems around.

12 hr shifts

12 hours a day running machines that constantly were having the same problems from day one, with problems that were known about from supervisors up the ladder of comand

Pros

4 days off

Cons

4 12 hr days oly 36 hrs pay

Loved it! Fast paced with good people

I loved this job! Learned a lot of new things about machine operation. Having good problem solving skills and common sense will take you a long way and make your job easier. I would love to work there again someday. I worked with mostly great people. A few others who thought the way to the top was to make it harder for others. Overall pretty good management team. They want to see you succeed and promote!

Pros

Free food/drinks in breakrooms. Good benefits.

Cons

Long hours. 12 hr shifts.

Good if you want a paycheck

It’s another company with more people that they can handle so you might end up slipping through the cracks and become forgotten. The company favors new employees so to start off its great

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

The company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panasonic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits