Panasonic Energy of North America Employee Reviews

Bad don't do it
Machine Operator I (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 16, 2019
Its who you know and blow hard work doesn't pay off you have to suck up to management or be a mindless robot. The best thing to do is not work there..
Cons
They give safety you ppe to keep you out of the product not keep you safe from the harmful cemicals
Good but Contracting Sucks
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 16, 2019
Love working here, but I hate being a contractor. No PTO means that any sickness or holidays are paycheck destroyers. I don't mind not having company health insurance, but the lack of PTO is extremely painful to my bank account.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 13, 2019
I liked working there with great people and plenty of good pay and benefits for the work despite it being far.........................................
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work hours
It is surprising that a 100 year old company can be ran this terribly.
Tech (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 12, 2019
It is almost as if promotions are only given to people who align themselves with the right people or by failing upwards. It is rare to see anyone in a leadership role that has earned their spot by merit. This may seem like bellyaching but it is not. When someone is better at playing politics than actually doing the job they were hired to do, their lack of experience is put on display. This lack of experience reflects on the team they are on and reduces the credibility of everyone on that team.

The great thing about this toxic work environment and how panasonic is paying great wages is that all of the other companies in reno will have raised their wages because everyone went there thinking that it will be better.

That being said, If you are looking for a job and can ignore the negatives, can turn off your brain and just work, you can make some money and hopefully things change.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Everything else
Done
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 14, 2019
Parking is horrible. Being in a clean environment with hazardous materials isn't fun. On your feet for over 12 hours can wear you out while wearing safety toe shoes. Basic materials required to do your job are not always provided, yet your expected to produce numbers with substandard product. Lack of respect and empathy from upper management wears on the employee morale. Lack of proper training on the process floor generates alot of negativity towards the company, hence the high employee turnover ratio. Working with the Japanese was a valued experience. There work culture is totally different from the Americans. You don't ever want to bring shame to there work environment. A very prideful work ethnic. With a 70 percent employee turnover ratio per year they now have to scrap the bottom of the barrel for new hires. They now have drug sniffing dogs patrolling the campus. Its seems every week they implement new rules on the fly. Zero employee input and when that chance arises it takes forever for your suggestion to be implemented. If you are handling hazardous materials then you should be paid extra hazard pay.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor management
Worst Company to Work For
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 3, 2019
By far the worst company culture I’ve worked at. Been in manufacturing 13 years and they do not care about their employees. Lots of discrimination, favoritism, and nepotism going on. Do not work there at all costs. The pay was decent but not worth your health and life.
Pros
Snacks, pay
Cons
Management, favoritism, discrimination, no room for promotion, lies
Very good job with great pay.
Machine Operator M2 (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 19, 2019
Panasonic is a great place to work with the work being easy some days, and hard other days, training is great also. I was treated well by management, HR, and everyone I worked with. We would work hard but our line would ha e fun too.
Pros
Good pay good benefits plenty of hours
Cons
Was hard to balance life with graveyard shift
an ever changing mess
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 13, 2019
constantly changing rules and punitive corrections for the whole instead of the singular. they seem to want to keep the personnel that really don't care about over the ones that do try.
ok
M3 quality (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 7, 2019
Good advancement opportunities with the rapid growth but all departments are different . Work hours revolving are nice but 12 hour days isn't for everyone.
Busy but you are taken care of.
Battery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 26, 2019
Trainers and management were a pleasure. The actual job was busy and loud. People that were hired were amazing and hard-working. A typical day at work was taking care of the machines to maximize production of batteries.
Needs help with how to go about things
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 22, 2019
Rather than bash i hope panasonic sees this message and corrects the problem. So over my time at panasonic i coukd see right away there were problems. The number one problem being the type of job u have to do for 12 hours. Basically what i see is that the job u have to do is boring becouse theres no real challenge to any of the work . i my self was in top cap . phase 1 and 2. So i notice this in every department and its clear nobody want to do the job after a month the moral starts to deteriorate and its becouse when u work the same position for 12 hours its no longer intresting . if i had one thing to chsnge it would be to alternate jobs. Like after 6 hours go to a diffrent department maybe after your lunch go to another department send who ever is in the department your going to to lunch then when they get back to send them where you were. That way your learning and the job doesnt become extremely boring. Music would help but i understand theres alot of folks who just dont pay attention and thats understandable. But at least switch it up
Pros
Pay is great starting
Cons
Work is boring and u cant listen to music
Good
WINDING M2 OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 21, 2019
Good place to work. Needs better management though. Benefits are great, work culture is good. Lots of perks. There are educational opportunities as well
Would not work for them again.
M4 Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 14, 2019
They expect a lot out of few but not all and rely on the few with out giving them help when asked. I was required to run and operate an area with three people including me. This area at a minimum required 7 people not including me the shift lead which was me. The safety standards are not being met.
Good learning exprience
M2 Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 1, 2019
I enjoyed the opportunity to learn something new. Made new friends and adjusted well to a challenging environment. The Gigafactory itself is brand new so they are still going through the growing pains of a start up company.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 27, 2018
It was fun working there people where nice everyone was willing to help if you need it, management was pretty good there wasn't many people that would be rude everyone was mostly nice.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
Shift lead of Top cap press
Shift Lead - Top Cap Press, PENA (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 20, 2018
worked 14 hour days running the press room for top caps of batteries. Working side by side with our Japanese counterparts often proved very difficult to work effectively
Pros
the free food
Cons
long hours and the commute
Push you until you break. Poor management. Ridiculous expectations.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 5, 2018
As a core team member for PENA and supervisor of the formation department, I was was tasked with more than just managing my team and production. Because they were constructing and building the factory at the same time we were supposed to start production, I had to oversee the construction crews, engineers, leads, technicians, and Tesla engineering requests. Also our production area, which was supposed to be a "clean environment", was impossible to comply with given the ongoing construction throughout the gigafactory, thus making our end product unsafe. Little to no engineering support. Spent hours and days creating reports for management and solutions for training new hires. Seen the company go through several HR managers who just couldn't hack it or had terrible management styles. I began to crack and had several panic attacks there. I was given time off to help get myself back to normal but decided to leave. Safety first is their moto, but their safety reports show otherwise.
People don't leave companies, they leave management.
Pros
benefits. 401K. break room amenities.
Cons
stress. poor management. communication issues.
Good place to work poeple sometimes are hard to work with
Operations (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 18, 2018
Good place to work really do place has gotten better training could be better hardest part of job is keeping machine running and good attitude and attendance Just paying attention working on machine doing checks and a job done right is a job worth doing right
Pros
Great benfits super insurance
Cons
Stressful place but sometimes necessary to be competitive
Good nurturing environment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 4, 2018
As a new company in America there were a lot of things that needed to be adjusted and fixed, however , once they were it became a very challenging and rewarding place to work.
Started good....BUT
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 25, 2018
This is a very cool with all the automated high tech equipment, and very fulfilling job in the right department. I loved working and learning with the Japanese ex pats, but as PENA grew so did the job work/life balance. I didn't have a real weekend for many months, and it was frowned upon if you tried to take 2 weeks off . It will be a great company in about 5 years when things settle down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panasonic Energy of North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9