Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,630 reviews matching the search See all 2,680 reviews
Great Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2018
I loved Panda Express! It was a job of a lifetime when I was working! The reason was because I got free meals with delicious food for breaks and good people on my shift to work with. It was a great experience!
Pros
Good food, good workers, good shift scheduling
Cons
N/a
Very sociable and teamwork-oriented workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILOctober 13, 2018
A typical day at work is occasionally stressful, but rewarding as it presents opportunities to grow closer with co-workers as well as show/improve personal skills and attributes.
Pros
Free Lunches, Discounts
My summary Panda
FRONT COUNTER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAOctober 13, 2018
The work was fast during a rush, but other than that it was slow and every now and then.
I learned when rushes were, how to handle a cash register, and how to make food.
The management was nice and friendly. I never had a personal problem with them.
The atmosphere was nice and there were a few people who were rude but that's about it.
The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure the food was everything the customer wanted.
The most enjoyable part was the people. Just like every other workplace, you want to have people who are fun to work with.
Pros
Free meals, flexible hours
Cons
Do not get paid for the secret overtime you get
Good pay for a high school student but not enough pay for the work itself.
Kitchen Help (Current Employee) –  Riverbank, CAOctober 13, 2018
The panda express I work at has very poor management and seems to do nothing about it and until recently has been working there younger employees because of skill with no care of there personal lives or school.The amount of pay compared to the time you put in as well as the tasks at hand isn't work it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
very poor management.
Productive workplace
Front House Runner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2018
The hardest part of the job was making the orders.I had some problems with my right hand a little cause of a birth defect. So sometimes it was hard for me to hold the containers as I put in the food.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
My hand
Quick-paced but tolerable.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAOctober 10, 2018
The Panda Express I worked at was next to a high school so I thought it would be busy and difficult to work at but I was wrong. Yes, it was busy but it made work easier because it felt like time flew by really fast.
Pros
Free food.
Great working place
Front of House team member/Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 10, 2018
I liked working here, pay is very good. The people you work with are amazing as well. You always have something productive to do. Guests are also main priority and so is cleaning
Pros
Pay is great, also free food
Cons
Work life. Constant health inspectors so you're always worrying
It’s okay
Person In Charge (PIC) (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNOctober 9, 2018
It’s a decent job but not a permanent one. Most of your co-workers are slackers so don’t count too much on that “teamwork” and they tell you to move up it’s not about how good of a worker you are. It’s what you know and that’s BS cuz I could outwork anyone in that building
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful and angering
Good job
Fully Trained Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNOctober 9, 2018
Met some great people and had a really good manager who taught me new, and better, methods to things i already knew how to do. Cooking with a wok is fun as well.
sometimes fun but poor management
Siloam Springs- Counter Help/Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, AROctober 8, 2018
the boss picked favorites and there is alot of stress on the workers. you did not get paid every six months like they say and a bunch of people break rules.
Pros
free food
Cons
does not pay well
Fast paced endless work
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAOctober 8, 2018
Constant heavy work load and endless tasks that no one does but falls on one person. management needs tons of help but the higher you get up the company's ladder the better they treat you
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work load
Average restaurant with all that entails.
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAOctober 7, 2018
It is a company that tries very hard to be liked by its employees but doesn't always sustain the needs of said employees. A free lunch is appreciated, but when the cost is being worked twice as hard because of low staff then that comes off as mere satiation for the stress you receive on a daily basis.
Daily Routine
Chef/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTOctober 7, 2018
Come in early morning to open the store as the cook. Then up ahead just a stressful day of cooking nonstop for customers for a good fourteen hours. Nothing better then doing that five times a week. Poor management, having running through 6 managers and only having two semi decent ones can say something. Pay was decent, but higher management just expected people to act like robots and throw away there personal lives for the job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very stressful
Caring and fun environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  United statesOctober 6, 2018
I absolutely loved working for panda the coworkers & environment were family oriented I have never worked with a food place and felt the love and care that panda provides! Panda will help you find yourself when i say find your self i mean help you build your confidence and figure out what you really wanna do in life it will set you up for success !
Benefits
Fast-paced environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
I worked at the panda at a theme park and the hours were really long. I appreciated my coworker and my manager, I enjoyed the discounts and free theme park entrance.
It was okay
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 4, 2018
The health benefits are great. Management is okay sometimes. The biggest problem was that we were always understaffed, which would lead to not getting breaks, customer complaints, and just stress throughout shifts.
Pros
Free food, discounts, breaks, benefits, 401k
Cons
Management, being understaffed
People Development
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2018
Panda Express offers more than just a position but also the opportunity to grow personally. They enroll you into development courses that help you a better person. Classes such as landmark form and Tony Robbins.
Manager position at Panda Express
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 4, 2018
As a manager I am required to work a minimum of 45-50 hours a week. The location I currently work at is an hour away from my house, I typically work 55 hours a week with an added 10 hour drive time. The work is hard, but I like it for the most part. The only think I don't like about Panda is the fact that I work open to close daily, and have such a long drive. my 12 hour day turns into a 14+ hour day.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAOctober 4, 2018
It was a good place to work at and cant beat the free food. Also, the atmosphere is really fun since most people there are very talkative. There is pretty good room to expand
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can be stressful
First job
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 4, 2018
Panda Express was my first job and it showed me the importance of fast paced work and what it means to be courteous to others, how to work as a team and be efficient.
Pros
great people and fast learners
Cons
oil burns and pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight