Panda Restaurant Group
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Panda Restaurant Group:

Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA21 reviews
There are good service at Pander and nice passion to costumes. Everyone work hard includ the management. Our team work together. Hardest part is breaking not enough.
Working at Panda is a challenge every day. The day always involves you having to balance the needs of the restaurant with customer satisfaction. The ability to serve the exceptional asian dining experience customers want while producing the excellent dishes is essential. I have learned a lot about time management, and how to balance work with seeing my family and university classes. The culture of the restaurant is very encouraging and gives us the ability to efficiently work with great attitudes. The job can be difficult like when the days dishes pile up and must be done by anyone with the time to do them. The best part of my job is seeing the happy customers enjoying our food.
February 21, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback! As a company, one of our goals is Putting People First. We reasonably award our associates who demonstrate hard work and dedication and appreciate all our associates for the work they contribute in making store operations run smoothly. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working at Panda. Keep up the great work!
District managers are very race’s and rude if your not Korean they won’t promote you or even hire you. I was witness when they use to interview great different Candidates but they would just go for Koreans.
Pros
Not recommended
November 12, 2019
We value your feedback and will be taking it into consideration as we continue to improve our culture and management training initiatives. At Panda, the core of our organization is our people and we’re sorry to hear your experience contradicts that. We strive to operate with the highest form of respect and would like to hear about your experience via our “My Voice Matters” confidential hotline: 626-799-9898 x6053. Thank you for sharing; it is only by implementing changes based on associate feedback like yours that we will be able to improve.
This is my 6 years working. The management team always change pretty often. Make more changes and the bad things are changes the schedule when they already put for a week a head without telling to the worker. The manager couldn't do anything cause the assistant manager made the schedule.
November 12, 2019
Thank you for all your dedication and hard work to Team Panda. We value your feedback and will be taking it into consideration as we continue to improve our management training. We understand how imperative it is to be under good management and are sorry to hear that you did not feel this way. We will be sharing your feedback with our HR management team.
We are thrilled you love working at Panda, and are so grateful to have been an integral part of your personal and professional development. Panda is family-owned and family grown, which is why our people are our most valuable asset. Associates with your enthusiasm and spirit are who keep our 2020 Vision alive and in action. We can’t wait to see where your career at Panda takes you, and want to thank you for all the hard work you put in on a daily basis. Keep up the great work!
Panda Express is a very fast paced job and it was stressful Nd relaxed on certain days. It helped me cook and show proper customer care for our customers. Very friendly people.
Pros
Breaks were long.
Cons
Very stressful, fast paced
It's a fast paced work environment. The team are very nice and enthusiastic. You can enjoy a free meal on your shift. Also, you'll have a chance to learn cooking.
It's a good place to work especially if you like the food because you get up to 4 free meals. Also, the schedule are really flexible as long as you talk to your supervisor about your needs.
I met a lot of people who worked there, to which I am still friends with now. It was a funny and relaxing place to work except for when it was very busy. Great first job that was fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Free food
It was great working at Panda Express because it was a really good life experience, I learned that people get complacent if they don't really follow their dreams.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not to many hours
It's a fast-paced kind of work. It requires quick and efficient service towards the customers. It also requires wide understanding on different kinds of personality and people you can deal with in an everyday basis. Most especially I always have fun working with my fellow associates.
Good environment being with coworkers, Good food and free drinks, fun place, good management later on with the change of supervisor management got poorer.
Promises of promotion and raises go unanswered. The environment is degrading and toxic. Look elsewhere, and take a job here only if that is your only option.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Awful management, disorganized, dishonest employer
on a typical day at panda we serve customers, table touch, and clean the environment. the management is pretty good, co-workers are almost like friends. the hardest part of the job would probably be the customers. and the most enjoyanle part would be the customers as well....you have your good and bad customers, its very bittersweet.
Pros
free lunch on break, health insurance benefits with 30+ hours
Very fun place to work with a free food everytime you work.
Good place to develop your career path in the food industry

Fast pase and very conservative
Pros
Free lunch
Personally, I believe it is a great organization where there is high opportunity to grow within. I have learned how to cook, regularly day operations, and how to become a leader throughout the establishment. Also, I have learned that upper management above me have great knowledge about the organization, but not everything so sometimes you will be at loss. I believe the hardest part of the job is the physical will that comes with working in the kitchen. Also, I believe waiting for promotion or growth is tiresome, especially when I know I can do it. I love people enjoying my company and my food I cook. Being fast and good at what I do I feel proud that I am part of a team accomplishing one goal. The goal to deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.
Pros
Free employee meals, 401k, health benefits, family and friend discounts
Cons
30 minute breaks are not paid
Great company to work for. Mind set is everything and a continue education is a key factor. If you want to learn something new you will be successful.
Love my team and customers but management is shifting from leadership to micro managing.
Pros
free food, great bonus
Cons
no work/life balance
I enjoyed working for Panda Express because of all the work experience i gained working there. My co-workers were all enjoyable to work with and gave me great job advice. The hardest part was working full 12 hour days but i managed. I enjoyed eating there.
Pros
good hours, Great work, helpfull co-workers
Cons
short breaks
I learn a lot about running a company here.
It was an accounting place.

Everyone was really friendly on their own way

I was working straight for the CEO who he became more than my boss, he became such an inspiration for me to keep looking up ahead. The perfect roll model.
The food was incredible to both serve and make and we had a very loyal consumer base.