Play YouTube video button

Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Fast pace and stayed busy
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 17, 2018
Pay raise always changed, management wasn’t the best. Being there for 2 years means I didn’t have any free time or time for school studies. In order to move up you had to give your life to panda.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 17, 2018
A typical work day was coming in on time,ready to learn. remembering food codes and stocking, maintaining a clean environment and work space. I did learn codes,i got my food handlers certification, but my experience working here was not what i had expected. The Manager was nice but some of the co-workers i had were not teaching me anything new. I was not learning anything new and i had been working at a hotel eight hours a day every week already,so i did not have the time to be treated in a rude manner by a supervisor and co workers. I quit because i was not being treated equally and very few were patient. I did not enjoy working at this Panda Express. I did give them a five star rating because i know that their other restaurant's are probably more efficient and well mannered with new employee's.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 17, 2018
We would always work as a team so customers can leave happy. Each shift would have a list to do for opening & a closing. It was fun a times & stressful most of the time, because it would be too much pressure.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unreasonable hours
I loved working for Panda but the manager.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 17, 2018
working for Panda was amazing, I really loved the fast-paced work for the most part. but there was some ups and downs in it. when I worked I was a junior in high school, that I also had extra activities with school too, my manager didn't really understand that and gave me a LONG lecture on why I'm late some days by 5 or 10 mins. and then I worked late nights because I would go to work after school and I would stay till12 or 1 in the morning! CLEANING! I had to stay till the whole store was spotless even though I had school the next day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management
productive
Chef/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
i actually really liked the job but i got fired because the manager new and he thought that i was supposed to be there in the morning to open the store but i never had the key or code to open the store.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management
It was a very unique work experience.
Service and kitchen team member (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 16, 2018
I had never worked in a food type environment. The manager I had was amazing and she always helped me to do better and be better. To come to work with a positive attitude. Working at panda really helped me out when my hours were cut back at sherwin Williams . I would go back I enjoyed working at my location.
Fast Paced Fast Food
Associate (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 15, 2018
Typical day was cooking food and ensuring that the table ramined stocked throughout the day and that no one needed to ask for food. If food was needed, you were able to produce it quickly and efficiently with the flawless quality.
I learned a different way of cooking Everything is cooked on Woks and I had never cooked Asian food.
Management was willing to set in and help when they were actually there. There also needed to be a more established chain of command.
Culture was clique to a point. New people were outcasted for a few days but then everyone came around. I spent a few days by myself because everyone would only speak Spanish and ignore me (English speaking only)
Hardest part was keeping everything on time without lowering the quality of the food. Also was being able to manage your time in order to accomplish the food as well as cleaning tasks and closing duties.
Most enjoyable was the people after everyone welcomed me.
Pros
Free food, 30 min lunch break (unpaid) and 2 fifteen min break (paid)
Cons
Lots of work for least amount of people
Your choice
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Patterson, CAJuly 15, 2018
It was good work place but not for me the management and some of the ways they treated women there I did not agree with. However that was when this store first opened so it could be completely different now.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Women are only allowed in front line (serving)
Good job. Easy.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 15, 2018
It was simple job. Youbjust serve and clean. Hours was on you. They pay good and will give you a raise when they see you improve. Fair management. They’re super nice and respectful. They’ll listen and they keep everything standard. Good place to start.
Pros
Free food. Good hours. Good management
Cons
Over worked at times
Stressful workplace with favoritism from manager amd consistent work.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 15, 2018
The job pays well and the work isn't too hard, however there are aspects that are non-avoidable. Such as the manager flirting with employees, obvious favoritism, and high risk of injury. However, if you're a csshuer then your job isn't as risky and you don't deal with as many of these problems.
Pros
30 min free lunch.
Cons
Favoritism of certsin employees.
Great company to work for
SHIFT LEAD MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 13, 2018
I was given the chance to get promoted and to take on more responsibilities and learn how management works. I was able to work with people who respected me and understood what their employees and guest needed.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, people are great to work with
Cons
Short Breaks, Busy, Work on Holidays
Great place to work with great management.
Lead counter (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 13, 2018
Panda is very strictly managed but it is a great place to work. Although it can be stressful at times the relationships and friendships made with coworkers and customers are great. Be prepared to stand on your feet for hours at a time, as rushes give you little time to sit. Also, phones are only allowed for those in charge.
Pros
1-2 free meals a day, 6 month pay raises, bonuses
Cons
Long hours, 10-12 a day
Fast Paced High Stress
Person In Charge (PIC) (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 13, 2018
When you first start working at Panda you love it, and then every few months something changes and it gets tiresome. For being a fast food restaurant it sure is extra. The staff is great until a 3 hour rush comes and then you guys are so stressed you take it out on each other. You get free food which is a bonus. Great benefits, and high pay. Only down side is its hard to keep up with your own life outside of work because you spend most your days at panda.
Pros
Free food, Benefits, High Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, High Stressed
Great money, clean restaurant, nice people
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 12, 2018
The tasks are easy, some days are long, but it is fast paced and well structured. They pay well, and treat you well. Cleanest fast food I have ever seen
Pros
Structure, raises
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
things could've been handled differently
Wok Cook (Former Employee) –  Cook, MNJuly 12, 2018
its a great chance to grow as a cook however it can cause conflicts with experienced workers mainly because you basically have to adapt a whole entire new cooking method
Stressful
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Good paying job. Very stressful with sometimes no help. I would probably go back, but I wouldn’t want to put myself in that situation again. Customers are very rude. You try your best, and you’re always let down.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working there was fun but workers and bosses are snakes
service and kitchen member (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJuly 10, 2018
Beginning working here was great but got tired of coworkers, bosses, etc. helping customers wasn’t really a problem but having to deal with the people you worked with was overwhelming. No one really helped and it feels like a one person team.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Coworkers and bosses
Ehhhh.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
It was alright working there. It kinda sucked because we had more downs than ups. Everyone is always being overworked and stressed out for no reason. The environment was not all that good.
Productive and high engery work outcome.
Restaurant Service Employer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work and serve people fantastic food with showcase of customer appreciation and professional work ethic. We aim at making people happy.
Pros
Free lunch meals and discounts
Cons
Location availability
Favorite job
Server (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 9, 2018
It’s a very fast paced environment, always buys and fast paced you have to stay on top of things. Serving customers goes by quick. Cleaning up store and restockings as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight