Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,878 reviews matching the search See all 2,937 reviews
Restaurant Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 18, 2019
Good work place happy workers and great food and happy customers these place was one of my favorite places to work hands down, and I would love to go back to it
hard
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 18, 2019
Labor intensive job, had to always be on your feet. Had to be at the store minumum of 50 hours a week, OT was good but too nany hours worked made it hard to have a work life balance
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILFebruary 18, 2019
It’s been okay I guess just very understaffed and so stressful . Needs better management. I don’t mind working here just wish they thought about their employees first
Horrible
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORFebruary 16, 2019
I bent over backwards for my job getting paid as a shift leader. I was working my butt off towards becoming an AM and the position was taken right away from me. I would come in on my day off to help cover shifts from people just quitting or constantly not showing up. I called out a day because I lost somebody super close to me. I was fired for that and it broke my heart because I loved my job at Panda Express apart from being treated horribly. The customers were my favorite part.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Nobody cares if you have a family emergency, Never get days off that you requested unless you are favorited by the manager, either long hours or super short hours.
Excellent workplace and environment
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2019
From day one I felt at home and the co workers were very helpful as I got the hang of everything. Management is very understanding and will work with you when it comes to your hours.
Pros
Extremely great with hours. Very friendly co workers. Excellent management.
An ok job with great pay
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILFebruary 16, 2019
Working for Panda Express was ok. Poor management and poor communitcation. Basically if you sucked up to management, you could get an advancement. If you want to work like a dog, then you can apply here.
Pros
eat free when working, discount on food when not working
Cons
short breaks
When I first started to work there, everything was fine. Although managers are unfair, shady, and rude. Somehow professionalism does not exist here.
Panda Express (Current Employee) –  GAFebruary 16, 2019
If you choose to work here customers are not nice in this area because they believe they are on a pedal stool, and they are not. Sometimes management is completely ignorant and unfair with associates. Being hugely disrespectful because they can not be professional. Accusing associates as if it were high school. No communication with the cooks they believe sometimes they are not working right now, (the ignorance is real.) It overall feels like you are dragging the weight yourself.
Pros
Somewhat good pay, good lunch breaks
Cons
Unnecessary backlash on associates, and threats with written warnings
Not too bad.
Kitchen/Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMFebruary 15, 2019
I worked at Panda Express part time while in college and learned a lot there. They practice quality and professionalism although some coworkers do tend to gossip. Pay wasn't too bad but the work was very physical and strenuous at times. I was happy that they worked with my class schedule and we also received bonuses if we had a busy week.
Pros
Bonuses, good work life balances
Cons
Low pay, hard work
Fun and beneficial for the average employee
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2019
This company has many perks. The benefits are best to none, you eat a free meal every shift you work, and and the pay is the highest among all fast food companies in the country. I would honestly say that the biggest flaw is within management (and/or the lack thereof). I have been consistently cooking here for three years even though my job title is Shift Lead. Many managers will not hire for months, even up to a year, no matter how many candidates come through the door. They believe that if you are not already Panda Standard that you are not worthy of being hired and trained.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Great benefits, free meals, great discounts, good schedule
Panda Express Experience
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 14, 2019
I loved my co-workers and the restaurant. The managers were switched around too much and most of the managers I worked with didn't do a very good job.
Okay place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 12, 2019
Gives you good hours, but the job is very strenuous and makes it very difficult to be okay with the rate of pay. I wouldn't recommend working here because its very hard on the body.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hard work
Above the average place
Kitchen/Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 12, 2019
It's still fast food, but there's a lot more to know, and a little more work required. It's all pretty simple still, but once you learn everything it's not so bad. The busy times go smooth if everyone stays in their lane.
Amazing, expo it’s time for me to focus on the future of my criminal law career
Cook (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 12, 2019
As stated I enjoyed my time here, but it’s time for me to Focus on the future, I love criminal law and it’s now time for me to focus on getting a foot into the door.
Very fast paced and always busy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2019
At the location that I was working at ( UCLA campus ) it was always busy. With college students ordering online and dinning in the food court. Lines went all the way around the corner and down the stairs. Very fast paced and ( Bonus ) during your breaks you are allowed to have some of the food.
Pros
free food, good pay, always busy
Cons
short breaks, nonstop work
Panda Express
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 10, 2019
Panda Express was actually a really fun and easy job. I was a front counter help so my job was pretty simple. I went back and fourth between helping customers and leaning the dining room. I also worked cashier which is something I was fast at.
Fun place to work with great team members
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2019
It’s fun to talk to customers and help them out to get their foods which is freshly made . Associates are nice and have a good chance to grow in the company if you work really hard. But it’s a little hard because you need to work physically from day to day.
Pros
free meals, employe discounts, bonuses
Cons
Wouldn't work with my classes, constantly being contacted outside of work.
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXFebruary 8, 2019
While at Panda Express, the manager was telling me that she would work with my schedule. That didn't happen, I was being overworked and not appreciated by the management for the work I was doing. I was constantly doing management position tasks without getting the pay for it. After a certification interview, the district manager critiqued my appearance when I had been forced to work on a morning I wasn't scheduled and had to unload the truck by myself while the scheduled employees rushed to deep clean the store because the district manager was showing up. So by the time my interview occurred, I had dust from boxes on my apron, my hair was frizzed, and apparently, a watermark was on my nametag. Not only was this pointed out to me in a very rude way but it was after he knew that something was wrong due to nerves. I have medically documented anxiety and depression and had to take time off work due to this. From here, my manager was upset with me the following day and wasn't taking my answer to have a major anxiety attack for my mess up. She insisted it was because I didn't know what I was doing. When I did. From here, she kept pushing me and in front of everybody asked if I was on medication for my anxiety. In front of employees and customers. With this being a sensitive subject, I didn't act appropriately and I yelled at her. This was the only reason why I didn't contact HR. Never, in my whole working life, have walked away from work crying. But with this job, I did many times. Not only this, I was constantly being called while trying to study, being blamed on running out of food  more... when I didn't do the ordering (and wasn't my responsibility to do so) and experienced my manager being extremely judgmental with hiring based off of age, looks, and even if a 19-year-old woman had a 3-year-old daughter. The assistant manager decided to close my cash drawer in the middle of a rush without me there, when I asked why she didn't wait (cash handling policies) she got very upset and snippy, telling my manager I was upset when I asked a simple question. As a person, my manager was amazing, but as a manager, I thought it was very opposite. I have never felt so unappreciated or taken for granted in my life. I did want an exit interview but nothing was offered. Instead, I said I left due to schooling and not from the many reasons listed above.  less
Pros
Good pay
fast paced work environment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 7, 2019
very fast paced work environment, very stressful during rush times, some employees wouldnt work as hard as others, at least once a week a 12 hour shift was scheduled
Pros
free meals on the clock
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, some employees slacking off
It was a good expiernce.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 7, 2019
it was fast-paced, but we had great employees to give good service. A lot of customers loved us, after the day we’d all clean our areas and make it look spotless.
Pros
Employees, family
Cons
The short breaks
Nice place to make money
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Panda has high standards, with great pay ratesa nd career advancement. Juat depends who is the manager. Very clean and organized...........................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Panda Restaurant Group.

Powered by Comparably