Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,737 reviews matching the search See all 2,791 reviews
Productive and structured
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 8, 2018
Overall a very good company to work for...Hardworking employees make for a smooth day... Everyday it was required to keep clean, ready, and stay level headed..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not many
A stable job in an oil heavy city
LEAD COUNTER (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 8, 2018
Working here does have its benefits, the low amount of potential hires in the area give high job security to any of the employees excluding the management. The company frequently relocates managers that are helping the store stay in the black and putting less experienced managers that kill morale and profits. Do not work here if you like stability in leadership.
Very relaxed small restaurant which i didnt mind good hours good pay off weekends
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXDecember 8, 2018
The workers were very nice good work environment good tasty food served for the customers all the time they had fresh vegetables and meat made daily which is a plus.
Pros
Free lunch good hours off on weekends good food
Cons
No cons
Good way to learn to cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 7, 2018
Panda express is a good way to learn how to cook large portions of food under a lot of stress when busy. Lots of room for improvement and moving up internally.
Good pay but expect to work hard
General Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 5, 2018
Time flies by because there is always something to do. Management is very hands on and active. Management hours are long and managers can not have consecutive days off.
Pros
Good pay
Competitive and fun employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 5, 2018
I have to clock in and out and once you clock in, I have to clean the tables and broom the floor. The hardest part of the job is dealing the costumer's purchase because change their mind. The enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the employee and also the customers. The workplace is diverse because every ethnicity is welcome to Panda Express. I learned so much working there and I develop some skills and I did not achieve.
Pros
Free lunch only break
Cons
30 minute break and 10 minute break
good environment
Lead Cook/Cashier/Person In Charge (PIC) (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23321December 5, 2018
a very competitive but easy to promote.its a family and everyone works together. It has great benefits and a lot of options when dealing with retirement.
Great coworkers
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 5, 2018
I think the pay was good, the work wasn't hard, and the hours were good. The environment was great and it was such a great time, I learned how to cut and cook more food.
Stressful and Toxic environment to work in.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 5, 2018
The overall environment of Panda Express is very stressful. The managers are very disrespectful in the way they choose to treat the employees and that is why I choose to no longer be a part of their company.
Pros
Free meal every time you work. 20% employee discount. Good starting pay.
Cons
Extremely poor management. Stressful environment.
Kitchen Help/BOH (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 5, 2018
The job is somewhat stressful yea i dont really want to say to much more. Because the job is a job if you like fast food you would like it. That's the job.
productive work environment friendly environment
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 4, 2018
Hard wrokers who make it a team effort to accomplish goals, great customer service and food, with the the opportunity to grow in the company and opportunity to grow as a individual.
Pros
good break times, great workers, healthy work atmosphere.
Challenging work environment that stresses teamwork. Very Edifying
Cook (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLDecember 4, 2018
Extremely fast paced. Being the manager of the kitchen I have to position my crew where they were most benefit the work flow. I've learned that their operating culture and how to balance my personal and work life. The main challenge is operating with a limited amount of personal however we manage to still create guest satisfaction and produce great food!! The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing newly hired persons start to develop and grow and care about the responsibilities of food safety and a safe work place environment.
Pros
Unlimited amount of hours and free food.
Cons
Not enough personal and not so great management
Fun work place
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 4, 2018
I got along with about everyone except 1 or 2 people. Manager never helped unless it was busy. I got alot of hours because of how i worked efficiently and was always available.
Very productive and a quick work enviornment.
Panda Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2018
Generally you get customers as soon as you open. Must be good at multi-tasking and okay with learning new tasks. Manager is very understanding and always make sure you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Your co-workers are usually the enjoyable part of working also the nice customers that come in and actually ask about your day. Rush hour is really serious that is the most important time for speed and focus so you can get everything correct because you want to make sure they are on schedule and will come back if you don't upset them.
Panda
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 3, 2018
Panda was the perfect to work for when I didn't have kids, because it was my life and all my time was at panda. but once I had kids it was hard to balance my self, because I needed to be there all the time.
Panda Express is Pretty Good
Assistant Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  HonoluDecember 3, 2018
My typical day entails coming into the work place, ensuring all procedures are followed and implemented through the associates. When required due to labor shortage or when necessary on the floor working is a part of an everyday thing for management, which can include dish washing, cooking, helping guests on the line etc.

Overall it's a great company to work for, good benefits, great job security, plenty of opportunity to grow.

The only downside is that because of the operating hours and the required times management is supposed to be in the store (Open to close for most of your shifts) it eats into family life and social life.
Pros
Free lunches, great health care, awesome job security and opportunity for advancement
Cons
Work life balance is in heavy favor for work
Fastpaced
Back House Lead/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CADecember 3, 2018
The work at panda is very fastpaced and doable but the management does little to nothing to recognize hard work performed. promotions are most likley given to people who are favored personally
Good place
Lead Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2018
Panda is a good place to work at especially for the pay, the work mission and culture set up by the owner of the chain restaurant is exceptional, but the workplace can differ. There are advancement opportunities and you learn a lot but then again it depends on the management.
Fast but satisfying work
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 1, 2018
I learned a lot of great recipes working here despite it being the hardest part of the job. You are expected to learn the recipes while also cooking for the customers.
Fun and strict
COUNTER HELP (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CADecember 1, 2018
Like any fast food job, this is a fast pace work environment. It is a good first job in my opinion. This job teaches you the fundamentals of a work environment in a restaurant setting. You're taught about food quality, pest control, food handling, cash handling, food storage, and working with a team. Because of all of these things, management can be a bit strict at times. But I don't think it's anything so stressful that someone would quit their job over it. Overall, this is a great place to start!
Pros
Free food for lunch
Cons
Strict management, sometimes short staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight