Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Fast Paced environment
Kitchen and dining staff (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 17, 2017
My experience at Panda express was a vigorous and demanding work day every day. I learned how to cook chow mein, fried rice, teriyaki chicken, and was responsible for cooking rice and washing dishes/ keeping kitchen clean. Management is very nice, but they often make mistakes scheduling you for the week, which has lead to more than a few unexpected shifts. Work at panda is very fast paced, but getting off of work at the end of ones shift is a great feeling.
Pros
Free food
Cons
schedule
The first few months were fun
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 16, 2017
I had fun working at Panda for the first few months. We were a new company in the area and we attracted many customers. The management is very strict but after work hours we all joked and laughed. It was a mutual understanding that the attitude portrayed during working hours were just apart of the job.
Pros
Free food, paid time off
Cons
tiring hours
Okay Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2017
Overall not too bad of a job, for the most part it's very simple and easy to deal with & the pay is pretty good for a fast food restaurant. Only bad thing is that certain times things can get stressful whether it's management or just customers.
Cons
rude customers
Was good
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVNovember 15, 2017
Great place to work for was a cook/dishwasher and was a bisy place as it was in a casino and had alot of people through there all the time i learned to cook fast.
Productive Place to work
Cashier/ Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CANovember 15, 2017
Okay Work environment to work here. Manager was always available to help with anything needed. It was a little stressful due to the high volume of guest being helped, but overall a good experience.
Cashier / lead counter (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 13, 2017
Good company to work for.. better pay and benefits included for fast food restaurant. More opportunities to grow in the company. Managers actually care about employees.
wonderful place to work at
Back of House (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 13, 2017
I personally enjoyed working at the restaurant i was located! However, I had to leave my position due to certain misfortunate events. Nevertheless my manager was awesome!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some what hard labor
Shady people in management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2017
My experience shows long working hours, time away from family, shady gm people, lots of travel, hot fast paced, drinking. Of you work hard they play harder. BUT THE MONEY IS GOOD. watch the hours tho.
lots of work hours
General Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 13, 2017
wasnt a bad job to have just very demanding, hard to get time off, and had to work a lot sometime 70 hours a week, practically worked on call. got free food during breaks.
Pros
free food
Cons
very demanding/ no work life balance
Managment is horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZNovember 11, 2017
don't ever question why managment doesn't have to follow the rules while low end employees do... Fair Warning...they never do deeps cleans except for when the owner is coming or EverClean (their third party source they have hired for inspecting stores that also do a lax job)

Want to know more about Panda Restaurant Group?

Ask a question
Fast pace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 11, 2017
The job is easy to learn but doing it on consistent base is really hard. Being near university its very hectic and its gets really stressful. So you have be on your A game. Always really help and get help from others is always the key.
Pros
Free lunch, very flexible with schedule
Cons
Short break
Panda Express
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2017
With this job, you have to learn quick and have great customer service. Management is really adamant about cleaning and has specific ways about cleaning. Every quarter you get a check from the sales of the restaurant.
Pros
free food, quick paced
Cons
long hours, lots and lots of cleaning
here is a little summary about my experience at Panda Express
Line cook/Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 9, 2017
the job was a fun fast paced job I learned to work through major lunch rushes. The management was ok more laid back. There were many obstacles that came my way with working with Panda Express..
Fast Paced and friendly
Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 8, 2017
Panda express is fast paced but their GM and AM's are really young with no prior management experience so you get a lot of managers who sit in the back and don't do a lot or abuse power. My first manager was fired for stealing. She was also a monster to her staff. Talked down to everyone, belittled them, didn't respect them or care about their safety (still had to come to work even if the roads were completely frozen over and it was extremely unsafe. If we didn't show up she threatened to fire us). The new manager was a god send but isn't on top of anything and is a poor scheduler. The staff is mostly run by the lead counter and PICs. Besides that it's a pleasant place to work. bonuses if you go above predicted sales, its never boring, the staff is super sweet.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Scheduling
productive and quick paced workplace
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CANovember 8, 2017
A good workplace that has management that does care for their employees however the lack of staff does make more stressful and makes taking time off a difficulty
Pros
free meals
Cons
under staffed
El ambiente de trabajo fue bueno y con una dinamica chevere
Cocinera (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 6, 2017
Es algo agradable los gerente y todo el equipo de trabajo fue muy amble...
good place to work
Cashier, attention to detail in food (Current Employee) –  Cornelius, ORNovember 6, 2017
its a place where most of the times you interact with other poeple and you are most of the times busy.
It was very nice to work for panda in the sense the management was very good and they are very much fallow the rules. I started as a cashier and worked my way up to lead counter. This company is a pay as you go so the more you learn and move up the more you get paid. very very fast paced and busy all the time there is always something to do down to cleaning and stocking
Panda Express was fun while it lasted
Front Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 6, 2017
Fun place to work I learned new things all the time. Things about there culture, how to make certain dishes.it was definitely a great learning experience
Pros
All the hours you want
Cons
Nothing bad to say about the company
It was fun working on environment of PANDA EXPRESS
Good customer service (Current Employee) –  VANovember 5, 2017
Is good working with them in environment . Company wise theu are very generous and lovely. I whould love to work with this company as long am before.
Productive and Fun workplace, yet extremely fast.
Cashier/Food Line Leader/Cook (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2017
I love Panda for its atmosphere and awesome coworkers, yet the job is so fast paced that I get extremely stressed. I really need time to myself, but I get a mandatory break every day which is phenomenal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.