Play YouTube video button

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,517 reviews matching the search See all 2,564 reviews
dont
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 16, 2018
If u want to work front of house that is great but back of the house is to much work for not enough pay. they work you long shifts back to back and their is no reward. Don't work here trust me you deserve better.
Pros
free food
Cons
everything else
Great First Job!
Ca - Food Service and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 16, 2018
This is my first job it has taught me a lot and has given me a lot of room to develop. They work with my schedule and provide me food. The management is kind my boss is very flexible and works with us. The job is tough though so do expect to work.
Pros
Free Lunch
It was good pay but horrible managment
Restaurant Service & Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAAugust 15, 2018
Working at panda express for me was horrible, management would yell at employees making them cry, very strict on little things like socks, they mostly made me clean but not what I applied for as a job. They also only gave me 8 hours a week, not worth it.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad management
The company was nice to work at...
Counter Helper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
The management would leave the premises while they were still clocked in and get paid for hours that they did not work. I would have to cover for a management and when I decided to tell the district I was harassed. It really depends on the workers it's a great establishment.
they were working with no breaks except for lunch, but had music playing
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with them, and gained a lot of experience. some nights we had to stay close to midnight due to lack of employees. this caused most of us to be tired the next morning.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late hours
A very stressful place to work, micro managing
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
No work life balance, required to work 50-55 hours a week but end up work a lot more than that, long hours. When managers were paid by salary, they want manager to work more than 55 hours a week. Since they converted to hourly rate, they controlled managers to work less than 55 hours a week but with high expectation of great operation and store condition and cleanliness, 55 hours are not enough. Very stressful place to work.
The way company promotes managers to the next level is not fair. It all depends on how you talk to upper management. You need to know how to talk than how you work. It’s all about I like you or I don’t like you. There were so many people not deserved the promotions.
The company culture is great concepts, however, upper management didn’t practice them and expect direct reports to follow. For example, they value respect win-win and acknowledging others, however, they pick and choose when and who to respect and acknowledge.
All company has policy, this company didn’t follow their policy. They will say that this is region/zone standards. Those standards are not align with policy.
Good benefit but you might not receive bonus you suppose to get because they issue new rules and take away your bonus.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Stressful, high expectations from upper management
Productive and fun workplace
Cook, Prep-Cook (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 14, 2018
My typical day at work is being busy and there is always some thing to do. I learned that there are many different food to eat there.The fun part is working with different people.
Pros
free launch
Cons
short breaks
Very helpful for moving forward in life experience
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 14, 2018
This place seems to care about what their workers think and how they feel. The work was very enjoyable and non stressful. The pay wasn’t the best and it also was not the worse.... I give it a B+ in job experience.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORAugust 14, 2018
I had a great time when I worked at Panda Express under my manager who was also a Training Leader at the time. Shortly after he left, we went through two managers, and they weren't quite up to par as our old manager. Which in the end led me to quit. However, it is a great place to work for with good compensation. Not all managers are the same.
Customer Service
Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 14, 2018
Had to be able to work the drive thru and in store. Customer service was important as well as the speed of the service and cleanliness of the restaurant.
Hard
Cashier and Counter help (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
Very hard place to work at when the management is hard to work with, The managers made sure to pick favorites especially those who could speak Spanish and i was The only non Spanish working one there, very saddening
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad managers
good
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2018
good place to start your manager career ,great coaches and great feedback.
compensation is good but there is not life.
great bonus and trips but hard to move up
Awesome Place to Work
Kitchen Help/Cook (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 12, 2018
Everyone there was hard working and wanted to be there and cared about the customers and there fellow co workers. Everyone there was willing to lend a helping hand to there fellow co workers when they needed to and the manager was very understanding when it came to scheduling hours and working around your life events.
Pros
2 free meals a day if you worked all day, 3 10 min breaks and a hour break if you worked all day, really great manager
Cons
the store is in repair but nothing bad its just constantly improving.
Very Amazing Work Environment
Person In Charge (PIC) (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 12, 2018
Pants Express has an amazing work culture. It is rewarding to work for a company that is passionate about their employees. They are very good at motivating you and this is one of the best jobs you could have.
Panda was a fun experience
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed working there but the customers were really rude. The managers were amazing! I got a lot of hours and if I had a problem I would let my boss know.
Pros
Free food
Cons
rude customers and cleaning bathrooms
Poor management with strict rules
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKAugust 9, 2018
Alongside the poor management, I got one 10 minute break for a full 8 hour shift which was also my lunch break, this was not enough time to regather myself and continue working efficiently. It was also a difficult time because I was a full time college student, and getting rides to and from work at that point was stressful because I didn't have my own transportation at that point.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, language barriers
Panda is great
Front of Line/Lead (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 8, 2018
Panda Express is very fast-paced, so if you are a slow working, you need to speed up or you're left behind. I loved all of my coworkers because they were all hard working. Panda is really good at weeding out the lazy and irresponsible people. I'm even considering on coming back to Panda Express.
Great place to work! New locations may be difficult, though
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 8, 2018
I worked at a new location in my town for a full summer before I had to move to go back to school. The pay is great for a part time job and my coworkers there were wonderful and friendly! They began training me for a lead role a month in and I was scouted for assistant manager but I had to decline so there is definitely room for growth if you decide to stay full time. Since it was a new location the management wasn't very stable and I would be called in many times during the week due to poor scheduling and flaky leads. The company policy is to accommodate guests so I would often be at the restaurant from opening until 2 am when we closed at 10 pm because we couldn't turn guests away no matter how late and then we had to clean the store thoroughly to company standards. However, it is a great place to work because of the friendly atmosphere and they do have benefits for full time.
Pros
Pay, Free lunches, Fun coworkers
Cons
Management can be iffy, Short breaks, Long shifts
It was fine
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2018
It’s a decent job, they just expect a lot from you even if it’s your first job it’s a lot of competition. Regardless of that it’s still a decent job you definitely learn something out of it
Left asap
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 8, 2018
I left the store because the management was not the best person to work for, there was an overwhelming amount of exceptions to be done by few people, they play favorites so it's not a fair workplace
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Stuck behind a counter all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Panda Restaurant Group.

Powered by Comparably