Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Found 3,132 reviews matching the search See all 3,191 reviews
Working at Panda Express is a nice place to work at just very high expectations!
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 19, 2019
Its a very nice environment for the moment just very bad management, they didn’t care about nothing else but the work place and was not considerate of others.
the site I worked for was slow and lacked structure.
Service and Counter help (Former Employee) –  Buellton, CA 93427June 19, 2019
I did enjoy working here, but it was lacking a great team and leadership. It's an alright job for high schoolers and people just starting to work, and maybe even college students.
Its enjoyable
Counter Help/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 19, 2019
Not that many hours just to people who have been there for years. Management is good some are very helpful others are not. Learn about many things and how to advance.
Management sucks
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 19, 2019
Panda Express doesn’t care about their employees unless your management and up. Managers often have favorite employees, they let them stand around while they have every one else do the hard work. Customers always feel entitled, in order to fix an upset customer management just offers them free food, even though they were rude. The only good thing about working there is the competitive pay.
Great place to work and gain knowledge of confidence
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJune 19, 2019
Love the job, good people, great food. I’m white so it’s different being the minority but I loved everything about the job and major goal for panda! I loved the job and everyone whole helped me get to where I am today!
Pros
Great staff and company!
Cons
Might be some people you work with
Fun team work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 18, 2019
Good company to work as a part time learning,
Learn a bout team work and different cultures with different people everyday.
Customer service focuses.
Nice schedule
Showing our customers they matter.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Woodyard, MDJune 18, 2019
Same routine everyday either cooking entrees, sides, or prepping the vegetables. Serving customers in line and keeping everyone in order daily. Counting the safe, managing the money, making sure all the registers are balanced.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Barely any benefits
Very Positive and Healthy enviornment
FOH Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Branch, TXJune 17, 2019
My overall experience at Panda was amazing. The managers were always so kind and helpful. The people were very positive and uplifting. Everything from our indiviual jobs to scheduling was so organized. Compared to my previous job, working at Panda was a huge step up from the experience i encountered prior.
Not a good place, always something not good enough for them.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJune 17, 2019
For the few years I've worked here it seems that theirs always something wrong or to fix whether it's employees fault or not. Most days there is something to cause a bad day and the job overall is not enjoyable.
Overall it’s a good job.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2019
there isn’t much benefits which is a bummer, all employees get free meals when we go on breaks but that’s about the only thing. The mission and culture is constantly reminded so we do our best to be the best we can be and help customers get good food.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It was alright
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2019
Working here kind of sucked but the coworkers were nice but the management was bad. They had benefits but they never give enough hours for employees to take advantage of them.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Overall, amazing company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJune 16, 2019
This company is the foundation of my future. This company has allowed me more financial freedom, and has thought me many things that I will utilize for the rest of my life.
Pros
Free lunches, paid breaks
Cons
Long shifts
Productive and fun place to work in at times. They have really high expectations.
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 16, 2019
Overall a great environment to work in. Probably best to have job experience before applying. Teaches one how to set your goals and aim higher than what you.
Team building place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dover, DelawareJune 15, 2019
The people are always thoughtful
Employees help one another out
Manager haves time to time sit downs with employees to see what he/ she can change or do better
Great place with great benefits.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2019
Panda express at North Park can get very busy, we deal with a lot of people every day. Many new faces and many people from different parts of the world. It is a great job, with great benefits.
Fun, productive
Counter help/Server (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 15, 2019
It's a great place to work, there's always something to do. The employees there, are very welcoming and helpful as well as the manager. The manager works with you to create a flexible schedule for you. The job environment, is great, always clean. I've learned how to be proactive on the job, always find something to do, when you're done with your previous task. I truly enjoy serving the customers, their nice people who just want some great Asian food.
It was a great job but the people who worked there made it stressful and were rude.
Panda Express (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2019
A typical day at work would be busy and hectic but the tasks were easy enough, I personally just hate the fact that you were often getting talked behind your back amongst other co workers. It was annoying. It is a good job to fasten your working pace and getting to learn how to do things on your own though.
Don't work here!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 12, 2019
This place was so miserable I couldn't deal with it! I was hired as a supervisor / manager in training and I felt like I was always passed up for a promotion. I went to culinary school and have a long back ground in management and felt like I was being used for my experience. In the first ten months of the store being open they brought in 8 different managers from different states all of which had no experience on how to run the show. They stood around and did nothing. They would not follow the health code or the fire code would let food get spoiled and didn't know how to order food properly. As long as I have been in the restaurant business this place is by far the worst and unorganized place I have ever encountered
Great people ,fun environment
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 12, 2019
Overall it was a great experience, u learn a lot about business, however the upper management lack people skills , and no leadership, the hire up only care about themselves and their pockets , by doing thing ; such as make move within the market to better his or her wallet , a lot of talking by the hire up but no movement, only mistreatments!!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 11, 2019
Great place to work. I got my first-ever promotion while working at panda. I started out as a kitchen helper, which basically means that I would make chow mein and fried rice. In addition to that, I would wash dishes. But because of my hard work, and dedication, I was promoted to a cook. I was therefore given an increase in pay. I also earned the keys to the store and the code to the alarm.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight