Panda Restaurant Group
63Average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Panda Restaurant Group Culture reviews

United States4,380 reviews
There are good service at Pander and nice passion to costumes. Everyone work hard includ the management. Our team work together. Hardest part is breaking not enough.
As a GM, Panda Express overall is a great fast food chain to work at. The company is private owned by the Founder/CEO so the standard and quality control are very high across the board.
Expectation for GM is high but you can make a fair amount of money and there are opportunities for advancement.

The company also has very strong culture and wants you to constantly better yourself. Some people might find that forceful however.
On the other hand, hard work is expected at all time and it will become quite stressful. The biggest challenge is work/life balance.
Pros
Free meals, Self Improvement courses, Advancement, Strong culture and values
Cons
Work/life balance, long hours, stress, high expectation
This job has a passion for people and customers. Growth is always available; you could really go as high as you want. Managers are strict yet create a sense of family with the team. There was a lot of cleaning, every day, every hour when it wasn't busy; and there was a lot of focus on personal development.
Pros
Free lunches, growth available, culture
Cons
Excessive cleaning
Pay is decent for beginner management. Additionally, there’s good bonuses, depending on your store sales. Could be overwhelming hours when you first start, but it’ll get better the longer you work there.
Pros
Good company culture and support. Growth potential
Cons
Hours can be long 10 hours shift or could be longer some days depending on needs.
Panda express had management take encourage growth in every person. Helping all working become better people by helping each worker set goals for them selfs. Also company has great benefits.
June 11, 2020
At Panda, our greatest asset is our people. We want our associates to be left with positive working experiences that management can provide through exceptional training and organization. Thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad to have you aboard Team Panda!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
A typical day at work is the same everyday. I learn a lot from Panda but what I learn that I found that help me the most was time management. management there is great they are very supportive. The culture there is great. The hardest part of the job is to get your time management on point to not fall behind. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a break when their is no customer.
Pros
A whole lot of oppurtunities
Cons
Limited staffing
Te ayudan a crecer en diferentes áreas para que no sólo te centre en una sola posición, sino que a medida que vayas adquiriendo conocimientos a la ves vayas subiendo de posición.
Panda express in my opinion has an incredible track record for upward mobility. They do provide training for all positions with any level of education. They also provide refresher courses to help you on your journey. Anyone who has worked at Panda Express knows everything is up to you to achieve. I would highly recommend this company for someone seeking management skill training. Just be prepared to work! No games, they are all about success.
June 11, 2020
The heart of our organization is our people which is why we put a lot of effort in helping them grow on both a personal and professional level, so they can strive to be the best versions of themselves. We are happy to hear that you had a great time with Panda and wish you luck in your future endeavors.
Everyday I went to work happy knowing I was going to serve guests amazing food and satisfy their needs. I loved working for Panda Express because everyone was very supportive of another.
June 11, 2020
We often hear that one of the best thing about Panda is our people. As an organization, one of our many missions is Putting People First and this includes ensuring that our associates are well taken care of. Thank you for sharing and we wish you luck in your future endeavors!
Worked here a few years back and I can honestly say it felt like a cult. The owners try to brainwash you into religion masked by wellness and self improvement. Alot of incest among management and poor leadership hires unqualified and questionable people. Dont waste your skill set here.
Cons
Culture and people
June 11, 2020
We apologize for the experience you encountered while working at Panda. The heart of our organization is our associates and upon hiring each associate, we make it our mission to properly train them so they can assist in running our stores efficiently. We will be looking into this matter through our HR Team.
Trabajar en panda es muy buena experiencia los empleados sin demasiado amables
Pros
Amabilidades
Cons
El horario
Overall, working at Panda taught me many lessons when having a job and one's own growth as well. Panda Express was not only a competitive and hard working environment, but fun as well. All employees are very friendly and encourage you to do better as well as making you laugh and smile everyday. They are also all very welcoming and helpful individuals. I would one hundred percent recommend anyone who is looking for a job in the food industry, to apply to Panda Express.
June 11, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. At Panda, we encourage our associates to continue growing on both a personal and professional level. We achieve this by providing them with the tools necessary to succeed in achieving their goals. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with your Panda family and wish you luck in your future endeavors!
Very well job, easy work culture, requires hard work and concentration. Have to work well with others. Communication is vital when working with all ages.
I loved everything about this company at the location I worked at!! I had no problems whatsoever. All my employees were nice, supportive, friendly to the customers.
June 11, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We often hear that the best part of Panda is our associates and how friendly they are. At Panda, in addition to being a workplace, we strive to create an environment that our associates can enjoy working in and we are happy to hear that you felt this way.
A good place to work clean environment, and great people to work with. Good food. I like working there because i love cooking, also i like the people i work with. We help each other out.
The compensation is above average compared with similar jobs at other fast-food restaurants. The culture is very positive, but I know that this varies store-to-store.
Panda express is a stressful environment not because of the duties and customers, but because of the managers. Sometimes, it is a fun place to work, but all depends on the manager’s mood.
June 11, 2020
At Panda, we promote a safe and empowering workplace led by our phenomenal management team. We train all our associates to respect one another and to create a learning environment that can help our associates grow on both a personal and professional level.
it was a great starting for new people to the U.S, great work culture. I learned many things about how to deal with customers and how to undrestand customers concerns
Would never regret working there. It is and excellent place to work there if you are a hard working individual. The only reason I left is because I wanted a different workflow. But overall is an excellent place to work at.
Panda is a team / family awsome place to work the skills iv got for panda i know i will be a productive member of any work team and build others as well.
June 11, 2020
At Panda, we treat all our associates like family and operate as One Team Panda. We encourage all our associates to continue growing on both a personal and professional level and to build and learn from their experiences. Thank you for all the hard work you have contributed to Panda and we wish you luck in your future endeavors!
Depends on which Panda Express you work at. One that I was a team member with for about a year or so was very stressful. The management was mean and unkind to the team members.
June 11, 2020
On behalf of Panda, we apologize for your experience. We understand how important good management can be to the maintenance of a store. We will be sharing your feedback with our Ops Management Team.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight