Pandora Jewelry Employee Reviews for General Manager

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Found 3 reviews matching the search See all 1,178 reviews
General Manager of retail fine jewelry store
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 16, 2016
A. M. daily deposits , banking, change orders etc. Inventory counts, cleaning, serving customers, selling, scheduling employees, ordering, coaching and training employees. Webinars and conference calls with corporate. Ordering merchandise for store as well as special orders and inventory control. Asset protection. Displays, worked with plannagrams. P. M. would close store registers, lock jewelry in safe. Secured store with alarm system, as well as case, cabinet and door locks. Awesome product and I loved serving our customers and designing jewelry groupings for them.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
no benefits
Looks aren't always what they seem
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington Mall Burlington MaSeptember 24, 2014
I used to be the General Manager of the Burlington Mall location. When I was hired I asked several questions pertaining to the stores numbers and current status. Everything I was told was a lie. The hours are long, as in any retail management position. At the time, the District Manager was based out of my store. She more or less was looking to hire a scape goat, not a manager as she was always on my back, criticizing all of my ideas and down talking to me and my staff. My employment lasted a long and miserable 8 weeks. I went to the Regional Manager and voiced my concerns about the DM and her behavior in the store. I was told not to worry that she would discuss the matter. The annual bracelet event took place, and as I had predicted we succeed in breaking comp numbers and goal. The day after the event I was told that I was being let go due to my "performance". Since I have left the store has had 3 different managers and the DM described above was let go. I would ear on the side of caution before working for this company. The gentleman who owes it is very nice however he has to much trust in the people really running his stores.
Pros
Jewelry Discount
Cons
Poor upper management, No personal connection to employees, Low pay for associates, Consistent turn over in management.