Pandora Media, Inc. Employee Reviews

Flexible & Fun but Getting Worse
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 6, 2018
Pandora used to be an amazing place to work. Recent changes to management have led to shifts in company culture and an overall decrease in morale. Structural changes often lead to the promotion of unqualified individuals in an effort to maintain business continuity but it's at the cost of team relationships and the feeling of trust and transparency.

That being said, peers, coworkers, and cross-functional partners are generally awesome and the flexibility is refreshing.
Pros
Coworkers, Flexibility
Loved working at Pandora
Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 16, 2018
I think Pandora is a really interesting company in a very dysfunctional industry. I believe the company's vision for what they could do within the music industry is very compelling, and I wish them nothing but the best. However, market forces don't seem to be in their favor, and I wonder about how much longer they can hang on.

My particular experience there was as a temporary worker, and while I was in contention for a full time position, management offered the position to an internal hire from a different team, and I was let go. I would have loved to have stayed, but I have no hard feelings.
Great people, cool job
Associate Music Librarian (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 11, 2018
I worked on a temporary basis for a specific project. The deadlines were intense but the collaborative work environment was awesome and our managers were great. I would love to work there again in either a contract or FTE scenario.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no free lunch
Nice friendly atmosphere, but very competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 19, 2018
Every day after clocking in I had to be briefed on the store numbers and told about my goals for the day and my numbers to meet. With the amount of stress put on my numbers should have been paid commission.
Great Culture
Senior Account Strategist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2018
Pandora is a great place to work for. It's a fast paced company that's being innovative within the digital media space. They're figuring out great ways to monetize their audience and products in order to become leaders within the digital audio and video advertising space.
Cons
401k benefits, tuition reimbursement
It's fine.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 2, 2018
When I first started, there was a lot of excitement, but since 2015, innovation has stalled and sales people are left selling the same products they have been for the past few years. Sales has increased goals with less appealing products to sell when you look at the rest of the market. Additionally, sales doesn't hit their goals, but it's the rest of the company that is left to deal with the impact.
Fun atmosphere
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2018
Fun atmosphere, fast paced environment. Required outside sales, making appointments, cold calling and managing existing accounts. Worked internally with teams
It was a very competitive office
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 6, 2018
All in all it was a great product and I learned a lot. My manager was very supportive and taught me a lot. Management squeezed everything out of you. Overall a great experience
Pros
Great product
Cons
It was a stressful office
Awesome culture, Zero career advancement
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I've worked at Pandora for just about 4 years and have never received a promotion or title change. On 2 separate occasions I have gone up for promotions within my department, which I did not secure. The manager feedback was vague and gave me no clear plan for how to achieve this goal. I also went out for 3 roles outside of my department that I did not secure, and lost contact with those teams immediately after. The impression that I get is that Pandora only valued me in the original role I was hired in, and nothing else. That was frustrating because this role has no higher level, nor path to a future or higher role.
Pros
Benefits, Snacks, Great Culture, In-Office Performances
Cons
Very little attention on career advancement
A true dream job
Musician Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 30, 2017
I got to do the thing I loved best, in the field of my greatest competence. I paid to listen to music and analyze it from a musicological stand-point. Complete schedule freedom, surrounded by like-minded, fun, and artistic people.
Pros
Best job ever
Cons
Laid off due to 2008 recession
Pandora Media
Campaign Specialist - Client Services Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2017
Pandora has an excellent working environment. They treat their employees with respect and provide great benefits. However, there is little opportunity to move within the company making some roles not motivating and dull.
Pros
benefits, culture
Cons
lack of growth
Payroll Department
Senior Payroll Specialist/Analyst positions (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 15, 2017
I loved working at Pandora.....I love the culture, the people, and what is available as benefits!!

Work hard because the job came with little knowledge of what was done before I came. So, coming in was hard and liittle room for errors!!
Pandora
Campaign Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 11, 2017
Great company and people, lots of products to sell and large national footprint. Pandora has a strong brand name in the marketplace with positive outlook.
Family friendly culture
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2017
Great company and people, lots of products to sell and large national footprint. Pandora has a strong brand name in the marketplace.
Fun company
Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Great company to work for. Lots of perks. Good work life balance. Close commute to San Francisco. Good employee clubs and intelligent people.
Great product and fun place to work
Account Executive, Advertising Sales (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Awesome company to work for - great pay and product to sell. Working in music is great but advertising sales is not as easy as it sounds.
Pros
Awesome founder and good work environment
Cons
The age group of people is really young (right out of college)
Thriving culture with innovative thinkers
Artist Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Thriving culture with innovative thinkers. Room to grow and learn. Nice office space. Management shows trust to employees.
Pros
Snacks and Social Events
Cons
No 401K matching
Pandora Media
Senior Account Manager - Client Services (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 28, 2016
Great culture and co-workers but they can pay more competitively. Room to grow can be hard to find as well. But overall, I would recommend working there.
Pros
Snacks, entertainment, fun-cool collaborative environment
Cons
Pay
Pandora gave me an opportunity to work on a different SaaS platform
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 27, 2016
Pandora gave me an opportunity to work on a different SaaS platform. I have worked on other SaaS applications like Oracle, Taleo and Success Factors
Great company
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
Wonderful team atmosphere! One of the best products I've sold. Always launching new products to help clients target consumers.
Would highly recommend Pandora .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pandora Media, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.