Panduit Employee Reviews

Culture is evolving
Organizational Effectiveness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 2, 2018
Panduit morphed into a command and control culture and is currently evolving into a culture of accountability focusing on work life balancing. I had many great managers that were mentors during my career as well as being a mentor to my team and other individuals. There are still many that are on the fence for the culture change, still much work to do at Panduit. My job was always challenging and rewarding at the same time.
simple and laid back
MACHINE OPERATOR/QUALITY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJuly 30, 2018
it was very slow pace.there was no diversity at all. but they had a OK cafeteria that severed healthy food. management was super nice and didn't micro mange
Gained the knowledge and skills to help me grow as an individual
Digital Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 18, 2018
At Panduit, I have had the opportunity of experiencing the role as a Digital Business Intern and a part-time Digital Business Associate. In my role, I took on many new tasks and projects that allowed me to grow as a successful business woman. My manager was a great mentor and allowed me to gain experience in change management, web content producing, marketing automation, online merchandising, and agile training. At Panduit there are many ways you can grow and succeed. I started as an intern and Panduit gave me the opportunity to continue my success as a part-time employee where I could be a part of a great team. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to launch a brand new Panduit.com and learn Adobe Experience Manager as a tool. I also enjoyed being a part of the Lead Generation to Sales project which helped me gain knowledge around how the marketing and sales teams operate. This job has provided me with knowledge that I can now use to move forward in my career path. I realized that marketing automation and merchandising are two career paths that interest me and before my internship I was unsure of what I would do after graduation. Now that I am graduated, I am excited for my future.
company struggles for direction
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 13, 2018
The company constantly restructures. Most managers are lifetime Panduit employees so have no exposure to the operations of successful established companies.
The technical staff is treated as a commodity within the organization and advancement opportunities are very limited and political. Culture is to work only the necessary hours as extra effort is mostly not recognized. The HR department is nonexistent.
Product innovation was driven by the company founder and has not been replaced.
Salary and benefits are competitive for the industry and the office facilities are adequate.
Pros
compensation/benefits are competitive with market
Cons
lacks strategic vision, stagnant sales, few advancement opportunities
Future Uncertain
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 5, 2018
Stagnate growth last ten years. New inexperienced CEO brought in. Since the passing of the owner founder, management focus has changed from innovation to profit. Seems like there are layoffs every 2 years for the last ten years.
Pros
Co-workers collaborative, Nice Headquaters
Cons
Inexperienced CEO, Questionable Job Security, No innovation
For a big Corp, so so, For a family owned corp, Ok
Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMay 2, 2018
Many would say Panduit is not the company it used to be. Its founder was a Visionary. Some new leaders are now in charge. Some good some bad. New CEP is a sharp and honest guy. I don't believe in my personal experience I was treated with fairness. New leaders from outside have taken over and brought their new crew, getting rid of long time employees. Some leader tend not to take ownership and so blame others for their mistakes.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Some leadership
Dinosaur bureaucracy unable to modernize
Senior Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 27, 2018
Different divisions operate very differently so there are some good managers in some departments, but overall the command-and-control structure and inept HR department make for a very poor working environment and not much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Top-down control, no bottom-up contribution
Panduit
Technical Systems Engineer, Data Centers (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 21, 2018
Panduit is a global manufacturer of physical infrastructure equipment that support power, communications, computing, control, and security systems. The company has a global coverage of more than 4,000 employees with support in over 120 countries. Founded in 1955, Panduit is headquartered in Tinley Park, Illinois, United States.
Great place to work for
Purchasing Agent/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, IL ? Burr Ridge DivisionFebruary 5, 2018
I was able to continue my education with support form Panduit. I loved my job there. Panduit sold the connector division to ITW Pancon and I, as well as others, were part of the sale.
Pros
helped with my education
Cons
I can't think of any
Fast pace
Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILNovember 13, 2017
Worked at Dekalb location for 16 years. First 14 years was a good place to work. Fast paced distribution warehouse. Good pay and benefits. Then new management took over that had no idea what they were doing and made horrible changes. And treated employees badly. Seems like they wanted to get rid of all the long term employees by giving them the worst jobs in warehouse. I made the choice to leave before it got even worse than it was.
Pros
Good pay. Great benifits and 401K match
the things I enjoyed about working at Panduit
Material Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 29, 2017
It was fun and productive place to work at. The people I worked with very friendly and helpful. I learned teamwork and quality improvements at my work place. Panduit always was trying to streamline there work process in order to reduce the cost of our product. They became successful due to there great customer service. The paid for my education at South Suburban. working at Panduit taught me how to be a team player. Management was very supportive in listening to peoples Ideas. the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. the hardest part of the Job was not always making are customers happy.
Pros
401k matching
Cons
I thought they didn't take care of there long term employees.
Stressful
Technical Training Developer (Former Employee) –  WHQOctober 9, 2017
Working at Panduit was very hit or miss. If you had a good manager life was probably pretty good. If you had one that was promoted based on tenure, not qualifications, then it could be very stressful.
I enjoyed the work
Sr UI Developer/ Web Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Panduit is a global manufacturer of physical infrastructure equipment that supports power, communications, computing, control, and security systems. The company has a global coverage of more than 4,000 employees with support in over 120 countries.
High seniority staff
Sr. Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 17, 2017
Much back stabbing. Must be a part of the good old boys club to survive. High seniority staff that has never been exposed to the world outside panduit
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Very clicky place to work
A fast and productive workplace to develop the experience needed
Staff Source (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 21, 2017
A productive environment where i have developed and gained the experiences that i needed and feel i overcome and outgrown the workplace that my job has offered.
Great Atmosphere
Intern Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 12, 2017
Awesome projects, personnel and weekday themes that boosted morale. I mostly stayed in my Cube and provided research and application for my project so I was rarely out and about but the whole complex was nothing short of wonderful to me.
Pros
cafeteria
Dead End
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 16, 2017
They will keep you until the job is done, then let you go. The company treats there temp workers like they are disposable and will not hire even though you prove you are a hard worker.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Slow work/days
Great place to grow
Buyer III (Current Employee) –  Nuevo LeonApril 29, 2017
Panduit, in general the company has developed and grown greatly and it has been a pleasure to be involved. The products are made to order which makes it hard to predict demand. overall if you manage to overcome the obstacles it’s a place where you will grow as a person and a professional.
Stalking Managers, You're below me manager attitudes
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Super fast paced, very high expectations, I saw lay offs every 2 to 3 years, can't believe or trust managers, more governed than managed, will eliminate most US jobs in near future, almost there. Production facilities left, Orland Park, Lockport, down significantly from 10 years
Pros
Fringe benefits
Cons
Can't trust managers, stalkers
Strengths coupled with many internal challenges
Web Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 6, 2016
Still make a lot of great, high quality products, albeit increasingly offshore, strong engineering and research. Many great co-workers that struggle under poor and ever-changing management and directives. Company aspiring to a culture of "no silos" and "earn trust" but has a long way to go in executing on both.
Pros
Clean work environment, free parking, still offer healthcare insurance, 401k
Cons
Poor communication, far suburban location with no public transportation within walking distance