Panera Bread Employee Reviews

good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJNovember 17, 2017
Lauryn
it was good, I really enjoyed working at Florham park, new jersey. I loved working with my co-workers because they were filled with energy, wisdom and worked well as a team. The managers are amazing and always helped us when there was lunch rushes, fundraisers, or time to close up. you didn't have to ask for any on to help you at all, someone is always there ready to help you.
Fun
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 17, 2017
I absolutely love this job,I lost it for all the wrong reasons.the customers loved me and I could've been there forever.love what I did and wouldn't take that back for the world.
easy but poor pay
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Panera. The hours were workable, the staff was incredibly friendly and the work was usually simple or evenly paced. Some jobs are more difficult than others. keep in mind that there will be days when the work load is harsh.
i was not there for long because of certain personal issues that had nothing to do with the store itself, really. But i was aware of certain people who did not work more than the bare minimum but who made MUCH more than i did. their starting wage was dollars over mine and i found this extremely frustrating.

As long as you`re not looking for a living wage it`s a fairly nice place to work. good for a little extra cash, especially if you`re in school.
Pros
you get a 30 minute break every 5 hours, you receive 50% off most everything in store, every night leftovers are donated to charity
Cons
poor pay
fast food production pace, casual dining atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 17, 2017
Not as stressful as a fast food job. Consequently, more customer-oriented and personable. Lots of opportunities for advancement and skill expansion through cross-training. Good training regimens.
Panera Bread
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 16, 2017
Working at Panera Bread was horrible. It was stressful and the expectations of you were unrealistic. The company has a high turnover rate and the management staff is terrible. The only pro is probably the discount you get on the food; you pay basically nothing.
Awful place to work!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 16, 2017
Management was awful and pay was even worse. All of the managers there are all rude and don't even treat you like a person. Way too over staffed barely any hours. Staff is always nice to customers but to each others it is a battle. They will put you onto a job that you are not even trained for and send you to the other store without asking you. Every break you have is not payed and unless you're a minor you will probably not get a break. I 100% do not suggest that you work here.
Pros
50% off food when you actually get a break
Cons
Pay, hours, management, training, staff.
panera bread
Drive Thru Order Taker, food maker, store opener (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2017
it a great place to work if you can get early morning shift and have a set scheduled but the management is like working with kids that don't help out.
Fresh neat and clean work place. Fun to work for. Had so many regulars who loved panera!
Open Baker (Current Employee) –  Watauga, TX 76148November 16, 2017
panera is always clean. The food is always fresh and sent out very quick. I loved working with my co workers they were very helpful and supportive. I️ knew a lot of people by name. We had a lot of regulars. It felt more like home then a cafe. The culture is lade back but with a healthy vibe to it. I love panera. And the managers were awesome!!!!!
Pros
The manager would always work with my schedule! I really appreciated that.
Cons
Lack of communication. Meetings for the work station would be very beneficial.
Great as part time gig, management is lacking
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2017
I would rather not leave a review, It would take way too long to go over every detail of why this was a terrible job experience. Just know that you have to fight for hours, and the customers are normally rude.
Panera bread
Bakery Clerk-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2017
Panera was a great place to work but salary could have been better. I generally worked 10 hour days and worked 40 straight days without a day off. Otherwise it was fine.
Pros
meal discount
Cons
not enough staff
lots of fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 15, 2017
It was a fun place to work at. the staff were always helpful and worked well together. I learned a great deal while there and would recommend it as a good part time job for many. One draw back was the high turnover rate and the unsteady flux in hours.
no advancement opportunity/poor raises
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 15, 2017
after a year and a half with the company, advancement opportunities that were promised were not followed thru on. Also, raises were very small. overall, good job, but not a place for a career
Pros
good employee discounts
Fun environment to work with great career opportunities
LEAD EXPO (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
Great team environment, where employees enjoyed working together and many friends were made. Depending on the managers at the time you either felt like they were working with you or you were being unnecessarily micromanaged. If you dedicate the time and effort, advancement into managerial positions is very possible.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, limited benefits
Fun and fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WANovember 14, 2017
This is a great place for a first job. They are flexible with hours and allow you to work weekends only. The majority of customers are regulars and make coming to work more enjoyable
Quick paced Food Service
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 14, 2017
A cafe and shifts are normally setup to serve high volumes of customers in the morning and afternoon time frames. Having the meal preparation area clean, stocked, and ready for a rush is a key importance.
Employee disagreements spoil effectiveness
Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2017
The almost too relaxed work environment allowed for lots of extra time for employees to bicker and squabble with one another, breeding an ineffective workforce.
Pros
Free lunch, lots of leisure time during slow hours, informal setting.
Cons
Low pay, employees are treated as disposable, difficult customers
very busy
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 14, 2017
nice place to grow if you want the restaurant business, not for everyone, good pay. but very stressful, hectic days, early mornings. leave early though
Great team to work with. Food discounts
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 14, 2017
Early start to the day.
Prep for any catering orders (bake, prepare order)
Sales
Scheduling
Inventory
Delivering
Company is a great company to work for. Typically promotes for within.
Pros
Make own schedule, food discounts
Cons
Super early mornings. Building sales
Okay work environment fast pace
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 14, 2017
It was okay work environment fast pace food was good people were all right management was poor advancement were poor money was okay ours was okay just wish the management was different
Pros
People
Cons
Food
good company
AREA TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lois, MONovember 14, 2017
very well versed company that gives opportunities to employees to further their career within the structures of the company. very fast paced environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.