Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 11,250 reviews matching the search See all 11,370 reviews
Featured review
Panera Bread selected this as a representative review
Productive Place
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed working here, and I made a lot of new friends. It also helped me maintain good customer service habits, and has made it easier for me to conversate with people in other jobs.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
short breaks
Stressful work enviroment, bad hours and pay, poorly managed
Associate (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCMarch 21, 2019
This Panera work location has a stressful work environment. Constantly under staffed. Current employees over worked and poorly compensated and hardly recongized for a job well done. Cuurent Gerneral Manager is guilty of not listening to employee concerns and does not take responsibility for own mistakes. Overall, this store is just poorly managed.
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
Bad hours, poor pay, poorly managed
Busy days and deliveries
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 21, 2019
Overall the people were nice, but being a delivery driver got stressful at times. People were lousy with tips and don't get payed enough for mileage. A lot of the time I was cleaning the dining room and mopping floors. Also being a new comer, they stacked me on hours, almost 5 out of 7 days of week and a whole day on weekend if you asked for less. Wouldn't work there again to much commitment and too stressful.
Good temporary job but not much room for growth.
CASHIER/ FOOD RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMarch 21, 2019
A typical day for me would consist of either running the cash register or running food to tables. Along with other general customer tasks.
I learned a lot about the food service industry and was able to improve on my multitasking.
Some of the assistant managers were great but the General manager and one of the assistant managers were cold and unfriendly.
The hardest part of the job was tacking the large rushes during the high volume parts of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with the regulars that would come in.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Not much room for career advancement
Good for a first job
Trainer/ Food line service (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMarch 21, 2019
Panera Bread helps you gain experience in customer services and is a good choice for a first or side job, the coworkers were great but management was very poor.
Ok
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2019
This job really pushes you to be your absolute best. I have grown so much since I started working here and appreciate the connections I have been able to make.
Overall good!
Associate/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 20, 2019
Worked here for 3 years and it gave me great experiences! The customers are difficult at times so it gives you really great people skills. The job is fairly easy, but gets stressful at times.
Fast pace meetimg new people
Line leader (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 20, 2019
Management could be more supportive of their works. Give bonus for employees. Met some awesome people while working there
Its for more younger people than people who have kids
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Barely get breaks. When slow hours are shorten
Great first job, bad long term
Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 20, 2019
Working here was awesome in the beginning but once you get to know management your view on things change. Management is nice to your face but talks about you behind your back. I did learn customer service skills and I learned to work well in a fast-paced environment. But these skills I learned were not taught to me by my trainers or management, I had to teach myself most of the time. Walking into work should not make you feel uncomfortable and that’s how I felt all the time. If you have a good group of coworkers the day goes by great, if not then good luck. The pay does not match up to the amount of work you’re expected to do. If you don’t ask about your break they will forget.
Pros
Discount on the days you work
Cons
Asks too much for too little pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 20, 2019
Anyone that works here should get paid more than what they do. It is an extremely stressful job. Management isn't willing to help or accommodate your needs.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unreasonable hours, low pay, not friendly management, unfair
Don't bother
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 20, 2019
They don't really care for their staff. If you show up on time and work hard it doesn't matter only the manager friends will get promoted. IF you report safety issue they ignore them and tell you to go by the rules and then don't themselves.
enjoyable work environment
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 20, 2019
great atmosphere overall. happy employees, employers, and customers.a very caring company with great set of morals. The company participated in donations at the end of each day which made the job even more likable.
Panera was a great job to learn how to handle fast paced environments.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAMarch 20, 2019
At Panera bread I learned how to memorize a complicated menu that shifted from morning to night, and changed even more every season change. The customers at Panera seem entitled to getting their order and want it perfect, so I had to learn to adjust to angry or frustrated customers every single day.
Work don’t match the pay
Overnight Baker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 20, 2019
Manager don’t have leadership skills, so bakers don’t stay very long,have a lot of insecurities going on with the bakers who’s been there for a few years they like to beat down new co workers, work don’t match the pay ..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management
Great work place
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 20, 2019
I learned a lot of skills such a customer service and cashier. I also became a trainer for each position available. I learned a lot of patience along with lucrative traits from this company.
Pros
Food money management
Cons
Long shifts, poor management
Nice Management, Nice Co-Workers
Cashier, food preparation, customer service (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, VAMarch 20, 2019
Everyone was nice there. You get breaks if you work more than 6 hours. They give discounts. It does get hectic during breakfast, lunch rush and early dinner rush. Customers are for the most part decent but some of them dont respect the rules. They offer healthcare even if you work part time.
Pros
Welcoming environment and staff. Health care.
Cons
Only offering part time positions. If you work more than 40H, instant termination
A Good Place to Work
Panera Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAMarch 20, 2019
Panera was my first job and while there were things I didn't care for, working here gave me a nice feel for what and what not to expect at a job. My biggest problem came from a lack of consistency as I spent 4 out of four out of my seven months employed training at various stations due to managers shuffling me around, most likely because I was part-time in high school. While I don't particularly care for the job and would not recommend it to anyone at this point, I do believe it is a good starting point as it keeps you alert and prepares you well for your next job, wherever it may be.
Pros
Discount on food, free beverages, understanding and approachable management
Cons
Working at Panera Bread
Got Lucky
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLMarch 20, 2019
Absolutely loved my time at Panera. I definitely got lucky though. Most people hate working at Panera but I ended up meeting my best friends here. If it weren’t for the people, the job itself sucks.
Cons
They’re cheap
Hard
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Watauga, TXMarch 20, 2019
Come in and expect problems and work until you cannot physically handle it. Some great people but so much laziness and very poor GM. Would not recommend and females I know to work in this cafe.
Great place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOMarch 19, 2019
I have nothing bad to say about this job. I felt I was paid what I should have been for the jobs I was doing there. Hours were absolutely great and allowed enough time for me to do my college work on top of working. I would definitely recommend!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Hours, Pay
Not a good time
Associate (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 19, 2019
I strongly recommend you do not get a job here. The system is awful. Management sucks, no raises and I worked there for a year and I had to train all the new employees. Constantly understaffed and the customers are straight up mean to employees. Overall awful job to have.
Pros
nothing
Cons
minimum wage, rarely get breaks, management, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight