Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 10,363 reviews matching the search See all 10,464 reviews
Awful
Retail Sales Associate in Watchung (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJNovember 17, 2018
Unprofessional environment.
Ill mannered employee and management.
Pay an hour was not great for the amount of multi tasking an employee must handled daily.
Not a good place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 17, 2018
The managers are supposed to give 2 evaluations to workers per year with pay raise. This happened once in the 2.5 years I worked there and it was due to the state minimum wage being raised. The CEO and higher officials are making an absurd amount of money while the people that do the actual customer service work make barely enough to survive. I met many great and happy people at Panera, but the low wages and lack of position flexibility and schedule flexibility tore away at their hearts and made them less desirable to be around. The CEO and other higher officials need to stop being selfish and give their workers a fair wage.
Pros
Nice people to be around for about 2 months
Cons
No money made
It's a good job while you're in school.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKNovember 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time there when I was going to college. They were very flexible with my schedule and extremely understanding on up coming events which I needed to attend. The only problem I experienced was my relationship with the general manager who was very unprofessional and rude to me from the day I started until the day I stopped working there.
I Enjoyed working here
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2018
Everyone was pretty nice. They worked around my schedule. A lot of people called off. Very busy during rush hour. Very Clean and Safe place to work. would recommend.
Busy, upbeat job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 17, 2018
Good place to work, easy going people and helped build my communication skills in a work place. Learned how to use a cash register as it was my first job
It was great place to work.
CASHIER/FOOD PREP (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 17, 2018
It was a warm, inviting place. The managers seemed to enjoy their job. The customers loved us. The food and drinks were good and good for you. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Discounted food and free coffee, hours weren’t bad
Cons
Uniforms, couldn’t make enough money for hours worked
You get discount on the food you order
Am Prep Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2018
The atmosphere is upbeat. The customers are friendly and laid back. Most of the employees are friendly and outgoing. the music that plays through the lobby changes daily.
quick paced
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 16, 2018
Panera was a quick-paced job, especially on certain days. Many of the coworkers worked together in order to get orders out quickly and accurately. I had to make sandwiches sometimes with certain ingredients left out. Also, I would wash the dishes and make sure working areas were clean and sanitary for customers.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
sometimes understaffed
Fun workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  OFallonNovember 16, 2018
panera was a fun job. i had fun there. i learned a lot because it was my first job. skills such as determination, integrity and thoughtfulness were strengthened by my time there.
Great food and friendly coworkers
Plate Runner/Line Cook/ Dish/ Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WANovember 15, 2018
Working here was a very interesting experience, I'm grateful for how much I learned. The management was quite fun and easy to talk to. A typical day at work included me making a bunch of sandwiches, helping customers, and making barista drinks!
Lots of hours
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 15, 2018
no time for anything, constant blame but also constant advancements. short staffed, shutting down stores because they are going bankrupt. always stressed out
Pros
free food
Cons
too many hours
Great place coworkers and job wise
Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 15, 2018
I loved working at Panera Bread! My coworkers and managers were all amazing and cooperated well with my needs, the reason for my leaving was due to a cut on my hours after finding out about my pregnancy and no changes after multiple complaints.
Pros
Co-workers, food, managers
Cons
Not enough hours
Low pay but good times
Driver/ Diner (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Panera and do enjoy working at Panera due to the customers who I become good friends of mine over the time, and the friendly workers at the restaurant help as well. A good plus to the restaurant is the hours Iv received, but the pay doesn't compensate enough, if I had bills to pay, I'd have to slave away to pay them if I only worked at Panera.
Pros
Good Management, Friendly Workers, Happy Customers, good food.
Cons
Pay.
Decent company
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68164November 15, 2018
Not a bad job to have if you like working in the food industry not as dirty as fast food place and always can move up in position to make more money in the future
Great place to work if managment is Pro-Employee
Vending Machine Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 15, 2018
10 Hour Bake which with bad managment wanted wanted done in 8.

Be Patient and Do things correctly regardless of time.

Culture was great depending on store and managment.

Deadlines with lack of help was touchest part.

Seeing your work after a bake was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
No Heavy Lifting, work is relaxed.
Cons
Deadlines and Bad Managment Lack of Support.
Productive and serious workplace with great customer service
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 15, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed working for Panera Bread as a catering coordinator. However, it wasn't an easy job. You have to be organized, fast, and well aware of your time. Time management was probably the most important and difficult aspect of being a successful catering coordinator. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely making my clients happy and getting really great feedback from them and their experience with me. I learned a lot from working at Panera Bread. I learned that I just needed to believe and trust myself and communicate with my managers and my clients. I don't regret working at Panera Bread for a year. However, I just need change and better hourly wage.
Pros
Free lunches for catering coordinators, time off approved quickly, friendly coworkers
Cons
No set breaks for catering coordinators, managers were not understanding, feeling rushed to finish orders by managers
Fun, fast-paced environment
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 15, 2018
I loved working at Panera Bread! It was probably one of the best jobs I've ever had. The managers were great, the people were great, and I developed relationships with a lot of customers on a friendly, professional level.
Pros
65% discount on food
Glenway Panera was awful
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 14, 2018
Everyone just came in, put their nose to grind, and never smiled or talked unless they HAD to. What i hear is that my store is just the black sheep (rated lowest in the city).
Pros
Weak Discount on food
Cons
trashy management
overall good working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2018
I was a trainer and certified in cash, dining room, barista, and bakery. I worked along with my manager to make sure our store was run properly, whether it was coming into work hours before or staying after to properly clean the store. I created relationships with regular customers and they enjoy their time because of our aim to provide great customer service.
enjoyed the work
GM (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2018
fun place to work, and the food never got old. enjoyed working for a company that took care of it's people, and were heavily involved in charities. if you get a chance to work there go!
Pros
good work culture.
Cons
pay could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
43.3K
32.7K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss