Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 9,947 reviews matching the search See all 10,048 reviews
Great Company
Android Developer (Current Employee) –  Needham, MASeptember 19, 2018
Great Company. People are super nice and helpful. Associates really care about your progress and efforts. You can learn a lot very quickly and, as a developer, you have the potential to wear many hats when it comes to your responsibilities.
Lack of ability to move up
AGM and Catering Mgr (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
A day in a life was about ordering all supplies needed for the restaurant. If short staffed had to work with staff to make sure productivity line was ready for peak rushes. Somedays were frustrating as other managers in the same position as myself couldn't handle a shift or didn't follow through on their job responsibilities. I really enjoyed when new product came out as all the managers from other stores got together and we had the entire store come in on special days and celebrate with them.
Pros
training and meeting new people through catering
Cons
Unqualified Managers
I worked at the Fresh Dough Facility
Panera Bread FDF (Fresh Dough Facility) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 19, 2018
I loved working for Panera in their FDF. It was fast paced with great pay and benefits. They worked around my home life. And made it a fun and enjoyable workplace.
Poor Management
Production Line/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CASeptember 19, 2018
Neglected to promote correct type of people into positions of power resulting in poor teamwork and a crew that had little respect for the people in power. This created a toxic working environment.
Not very fun
Restaurant Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 19, 2018
Managers were all very unprofessional, felt like I was the only one working most of the time, got paid little to nothing for the work I was doing compared to others, etc. Don't suggest working here
Not the best job
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
I DON'T recommend this job for any adult with bills.short breaks , overly worked, lack of communication, bad pay rate. you are on their time. they don't care about your availability.
Pros
65% off meals
Cons
short breaks, overly worked, lack of communication, bad pay rate
Good place for a first job
Cashier / Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Gillette, NJSeptember 19, 2018
requires alot of job training.
you will be trained in all positions
new kiosks are a great help
discount meals while working
no phones while clocked in
Pros
discount meals
Cons
short breaks
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Enjoy working for Panera very much. When the store is staffed it is fun and exciting to work. When understaffed it is a nightmare. You can promote within which is a very nice thing.
Good People
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 19, 2018
Love the job and hours but the immaturity level is astounding. Never in my life have i seen so much gossip that rotates within a 24 hour period. Say something about someone today the person will find out before the shift is over. Other then that it is a great place to management but not worth being a regular associate.
This company is horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 19, 2018
They treat their employees like dirt, their food is horrible, “fresh soup “means you pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw In a vat of boiling water. Don’t ever work for this company. Ever.
Horrible general manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 19, 2018
The general manager had his favorites and if you werent one of them he wouldnt treat you that good. most people were lazy and you were expected to pick up the slack. always called on my days off. a lot of people would walk out in the middle of the shift or not show up at all. people that worked there for more than a year would get paid less than those just hired.
Pros
breaks were 30 minutes
Cons
management
Decent place to work at
Associate (Current Employee) –  Novato, CASeptember 19, 2018
Management makes things easier for you if you talk to them about problems or things that can improve the work environment for you. flexible with ours when in school. Enjoyed being able to help out customers and make them smile. The job improved my people skills and customer service. hardest part on the job was coworkers not seeing eye to eye. the pay could be better. Overall a decent place to work
Pros
good coworkers, discounts, good management team
busy and upbeat enviornment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of two rushes either breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. Customers were often easy to deal with but on certain days some people were harder to deal with than others. Management was not the best, schedules were often messy and confusing. Managers were often stressed and unpleasant to be around. Pay was awful and barely were given discounts on the food either.
Pros
having a break
Cons
still paid for food. Management was not pleasant
Awful Managment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 18, 2018
The management at Panera was very biases and it was the equivalent of being in high school. There was a lot of drama and immaturity within the workers and management.
Panera bread
Cashier/Prep/Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 18, 2018
The reason I ended up quitting Panera bread was because when I had my thyroid removed, they told me my Dr. note was fake and I was to work the shifts I was required to on my schedule. I ended up sitting because I felt that was extremely unfair as an employee.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
15 min breaks, horrible communication
Working Manager
General Manager (Current Employee) –  MISeptember 18, 2018
A typical day can start at 4 am or could end at mid night. There is no work life balance and upper management offers no support. They constantly blame you for any issues and are rarely seen in the cafe. When you ask for support the typical response is to figure it out and make it work.
Fast paced
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Be prepared to work doing many different chores, no raises, low wages, bosses do not care one little bit about you, it really is a shame. Good product, great customers, but lacking human empathy.
Pros
Clean, good customers
Very reproductive company
Manger/baker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
The environment was very comfortable, very good company to work for, very clean environment.. The employees was awesome and the food was great.. I was a Baker and enjoyed every moment.
Managers
Panera Bread Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYSeptember 18, 2018
The manager there just dont care causing everything to fall apart when they are asked to help. Several shift supervisors have said several times that they doesnt really care.
Good starting job.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILSeptember 18, 2018
This is a good starting job for anybody moving out of high school and into college life. The managers can schedule most employees off for any time they request, but will not pay for it, and may slash your future hours for not being "dependable".
Pros
Requested time off
Cons
Slashed hours if you request to much off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
43.2K
32.6K

Diversity score

48out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Panera Bread.

Powered by Comparably