Panera Bread Employee Reviews

32.4K
Found 9,295 reviews matching the search See all 9,390 reviews
poor management
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 15, 2018
fast paced environment, stressful, not enough training, improper management, good location, good work schedule, hard working employees, to much favoritesm
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
poor management, favoritism
Hated it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJuly 15, 2018
Wouldnt recommend working there as a delivery driver at all, trust me or youll learn the hard way. If somebody else messed up youll have to fix it and thats going back and forth for just 5 dollars an hr.
Pros
Discounted food
Pretty rough
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 15, 2018
I've worked with a friend, and have been in touch with employees from other cafes who all had a lot of problems with the management and poor scheduling. It takes the ability to be flexible and be ready to constantly take on new tasks. I enjoyed the work itself, but the management and the system need to be improved.
not a bad place to work out of school
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 14, 2018
I believe I had a general manager that wanted to hold me back and not succeed. Minus that I had fun with the job and our managers were great and we had quite a bit of fun with bread bashes and after parties. The company is definitely a decent place to work, but after 4 years I had no career advancement and was going to have a child so I had to go else where.
Pros
free lunches bread bashes
Cons
high stress, high speed, lack of follow up leadership, no respect.
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 14, 2018
Overall okay experience, job wasnt hard just boring and there are usually 3 managers on at a time so its stressful. Didnt give me the hours i wanted typically
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJuly 14, 2018
I like it but I got tired of working in a food place wanted something different I also wanted weekends with my kids. Its a great place to work co workers bosses people are really nice. I really like my boss. If you need time off ask for it in advance they are real good about letting you off.
Pros
Got discounts
Cons
Short break
My summary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 14, 2018
It's a fun place to work very busy environment, enjoy working with lots of employees family type environment.I learned a lot about running effiecient shifts. I excel in guest service and food cost and running great labor.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor benefits
good part-time job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJuly 14, 2018
Panera has been a good option for me for a part-time job. I enjoy the clientele and the discount is a nice perk. The flexibility with my availability has been outstanding.
Pros
discount
Cons
too little team work
More empowering management
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 14, 2018
I would appreciate if management would give more autonomy their teams. Alot of us know our jobs quite well but feel micro managed and under appreciated.
Great for a first job!
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJuly 13, 2018
It's a very fast paced environment, depending on the location. I learned a lot about being quick and efficient at everything I do. Management had a lot of fun people. The hardest part of the job was the weekend lunch and dinner rushes. The place would be packed, with constant movement.
Pays well, only reason to stay
ASSOCIATE TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2018
Before we were bought out, the previous owners CARED about their employees. They would offer raises, free meals, lots of praise and recognition for your work. Now? Don't expect raises, promotions, free food, or any recognition AT ALL! The managers care and they try to make all schedules work.Besides my managers and the pay, I hate this place.
Pros
Pay
Awesome notso much fun after u get on their bad side
Cashier Associate, Dinning Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 13, 2018
Here n lake city I hated the manager very ruled and always cursing. Then hey cut my hours, I was working like 2 dys out the week... They pay is awesome it was 11 dollars a hour bi weekly
Pros
50Precent off.. Was all u got
Strict
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 13, 2018
Management at Panera was always on your back, constant drama between employees, and the environment was just a little uncomfortable. If a manager didn't have enough of something there was always someone to blame. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was making a customer walk out happy.
Pros
75% off food
Cons
Easy and fast food service with flexible schedules
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 13, 2018
While it was nice that they worked with my availability and everyone was kind, the overall cleanliness of the store is a 2/5. There was very little room for growth and the managers barely listened to requests. Easy to do, and you can always rely on the company to be desperate for new hires, but for me, their cleanliness standard wasn't worth it.
Pros
discounted meals, free soda, free bread at night, flexible schedule, negotiable pay
Cons
Dirty, unprofessional
Decent work environment, low reward for hard work
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Panera, the work wasn't bad and the hours were there if you needed them. There was a problem with advancement though. I was training employees 3 weeks after I started and it took over a year of requests to finally receive the official title and pay of an Associate Trainer even though I had been doing the same work the entire time. The people were great, they provided a fantastic work environment.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
expected to stay later than scheduled quite often, forced to take 2 hr breaks to prevent overtime.
Pretty good management, decent work requirements
Bakery-Cafe Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2018
Direct management is helpful and caring but corporate is terrible. They don't understand the life of the every day associate at all and expect so much from the people at the bottom getting paid barely over minimum wage. Frustrating, but is in accordance with how it is in America these days.
Pros
huge discount
Cons
too much expectation, too little pay
Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 12, 2018
Panera Bread is good for a temporary job to get on your feet while still looking for other employment opportunities. Management is not exactly professional.
n/a
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOJuly 12, 2018
It was a fast paced work environment in which the goal was to provide excellent customer service and accurate orders. The pay is low for the amount of work done per day, but it is the food industry.
Panera
Barista (Former Employee) –  Streamwood, ILJuly 12, 2018
I did the work of 3 people with no acknowledgement or pay increase. Kind of a gross place to see behind the scenes. The other employees were this companies redeeming quality.
Opportunities for growth in the company
Production Associate/ Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NY/ Montclair, NJJuly 12, 2018
A typical workday is usually a steady flow. A lot of tasks to get done setting up for lunch rush than for the dinner shift.
Teamwork always makes that dream work.
Every manager has their own way of doing things. You learn to adjust.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with many different personalities and ways of doing things from managers and co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making a customer happy and satisfied with the service and product that they are receiving. Their smiles and gratitude are priceless
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight