Panera Bread

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

United States15,458 reviews
Found 15,458 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Panera Bread selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed working here, and I made a lot of new friends. It also helped me maintain good customer service habits, and has made it easier for me to conversate with people in other jobs.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
short breaks
I liked working here, all my coworkers were very nice and I made a lot of friends working here. The management was good and they respected my availability.
New guy. I was trained for dish and prep. So instead of slapping me on the easy job, dish, they put me on prep. The trainer that trained me for prep did a horrible job and left me with more questions than I can count. I am terribly slow at doing prep and so far I'm not getting much better. If they don't move me off of prep, I do not see myself working for Panera much longer because I cannot handle it. I was also told about someone else who worked prep before me and walked out on a 30 minute break, I can see why.
Pros
Friendly workplace, extremely kind management
Cons
Horrible trainer
I love this job. My coworkers are so nice to me and I feel very welcomed there. My actual job isn’t hard but it is productive. It is a nice working place for everyone.
Pros
60% off meals
After 13 Years at PB the Last Year was the WORST !!! Management would NEVER back me UP, when a Customer Screamed Profanities at ME...Did NOTHING about it, and that Customer is Still at that Store...I would NOT recommend ANYONE to apply to PB....Unless you want to be Verbally abused...What a Shame, because it was NOT always that way...I have a MUCH better job NOW!!!!
Cons
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I was hired with no training, which was ok because the work was fairly easy. The managers at my store were pretty much just there to watch you struggle. It was unorganized from day 3 pretty much, I ended stay for 6 months. I worked super hard and was praised all the time but never received a raise or promotion. I have a low wage so I would say I worked to hard for my pay.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Advancement, managements
the store itself is ok. its always busy thought. management is bad for the most part. most of them act like petty little high schoolers especially the female managers. the male managers are ok they make the job fun and enjoyable. the other coworkers are ok but disrespectful I wouldn't trust a lot of them honestly. they're liars, stealers, and rude. very few of them are nice people. I never had a stable schedule which was a problem. my hours would get cut a lot without any reason for warning. they were constantly hiring new people. the coworkers didn't even like working there and kept quitting. hardest part of the job was the people honestly people weren't doing their jobs sometimes. the easiest part of the job is the job its self its pretty easy but it depends on who your working with on your line.
Pros
discount of shift
Cons
poor management, poor scheduling
The harder you work, the more is expected of you -without appreciation or financial compensation. Managers are not trained to recognize and retain valuable employees. There is a lot pettiness.
Pros
You can work alot of double shifts, if you so desire.
Cons
You will never be a "full-time" employee or receive FT benefits, unless you move into management. Most good employees quit before making manager.
I absolutely loved working at Panera. We closed due to COVID so I haven’t work there in a few months but hopefully we reopen soon! They were more than flexible with my hours for school and were very understanding when things came up. Managers and employees are amazing!
Pros
Great discount, positive environment
Cons
food is expensive without discount
Panera was the job for me honestly i loved it, lunch rushes, slow nights, busy morning everything. made some of my best friends there and learned so many things from everyone. very thankful for my time there
Pros
50% discount
Cons
no benefits
The people who worked there were amazing and kind. No bad things about Panera. Love the food always gets the orders right, would go back for the job again
Just don’t do it. Not worth it. Will never give you the hours you need. Didn’t get up to 35 hours until the last 2 weeks before i left and I was there for a year. Your paychecks will never be over $600. You do not get any benefits as they claim you will. Not a chance in h*ll to get overtime, no vacation or sick days, no raises even though they say they did mandatory raises every 6 months I should’ve gotten 2 and didn’t get 1.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Management, Customers, Pay
My time with this employer was not always fair or the most enjoyable, but it is definitely a place you can learn a lot from as well as meet many people of a similar demographic
Too much constant change. Not the company it used to be. Menus and ingredients are frequently changed as well as major purveyors. Massive pay cuts implemented due to Covid.
Terrible company that doesn’t appreciate nor acknowledge their associates. They slave you all day for $8.50. Raise max out at $9.50. Will destroy your mental health.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Everything about this company is a Con. Nothing good comes from working here.
Rude management, low consoderation for employee needs, unorganized. I was fired unjustly because the manager said and I quote ”we just feel like you dont want to be here”. I came in and did my job everytime I came in and some days I would have to clock in for only 10 minutes because they had ”too many people”
Always playing catchup to meet with demands of customers. Difficulty in trying to go by upper management standards when small inconveniences prevented us from operating at top standards.
Cons
upper management did not care about employee safety in allowing unmasked patrons into the building.
Management was the worst, very unprofessional with employees and very very bias. Bad work environment. Inappropriate comments about employees. Managers cannot handle stress because they always yell when a mistake has been made instead of encouraging learning and when there is a rush
Pros
discount
If I had the opportunity to work for this company again I would not unless I could change the pay and some rules. People love to work were there are full benefits and good pay.
Pros
One meal a day
Cons
No healthcare for employees
A transfer was made for me to justify being fired for changing my availability from 7/7 to 6/7 mornings I was open . I was fired over FaceTime on my way home from work.

I transferred to another cafe and decided to leave because it wasn’t worth my time.
Pros
Food is delicious
Cons
Managers are young, most don’t even have kids
Great first job to get there foot in the door for the workforce. Hours we’re great, great employees, work itself was fine as long as you have a good work ethic.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.
3.8K
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.