Panera Bread

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive Place

Featured review

Panera Bread selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed working here, and I made a lot of new friends. It also helped me maintain good customer service habits, and has made it easier for me to conversate with people in other jobs.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

short breaks

stressful

Typically very busy, got very stressful during rushes. With this being my first job, it was a good way to dip my toes into the work force. The pay was decent.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

busy

Good first job

I worked here for three years & only got my pay raised to $1.25, I was getting paid $8.25 starting & very slowly worked up to $9.50. On the other hand it was very flexible & you had fun if your friends were working but it’s a very stressful job especially during rush hours. Everyone is potentially rude to eachother as well as managers, but if you tell them you can’t work a certain day they will make sure to give it to you. Food wasn’t free but we had 25% discount. Usually there were no breaks if you worked less than an 8 hr shift. If you really wanted it you would have to ask & obviously get it taken out of your check. After a while you get used to everyone & handle rushes & rude people a lot smoother.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low raises, no breaks

Terrible place

The managers don't care about you, I feel as though they want you to do all this work and stay for longer time after your shift but they don't give you anything in return. They barely give you raises, my managers just kept saying that they don't have any money. Then they started hiring people at $10 and the people who had been there for a year or more were still getting paid $9. They don't care especially the Panera on Ramsey Street in NC. Not a good company and the management is HORRIBLE. Six people quit like every week

Pros

The people you work with

Terrible

The coworkers are great but the pay is terrible all the new people are getting paid 15-16 but the people that have been there longer are getting paid 11-12 and they are trying to raise our pay to 13 but its taking them so long just to put it in and have it accepted like wtf.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Short breaks, no free food, little pay, unfair treatment.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Thankless

Customers are thankless, management is kind but leaves out key info like PTO. Pay is low and non competitive and the customers are often rude. The work is tough, you are balancing a cashier job, checking and grabbing orders, making drinks, bringing coffee out to the dining room and dealing with customer complaints.

Pros

50% discount on bad food

Cons

Berated by customers, exploited by managers

I work as an AGM and love my staff. The company overall is well guided and the training is very thorough. Defiently my favorite place that I've ever managed.

terrible management and cramped space

Everyone smoking weed, even the managers. We got new managers every couple months. Managers would quit on the spot. Cramped crowded space, snooty customers and much much more. Avoid this place :)

Pros

delivery drivers make decent money and you get discounted food.

Cons

management

Alright for your first job

I worked afternoon shift so it was crazy during dinner time. Manager would put you wherever they want, doesn’t matter if you were hired to be a cashier. Had a manager that would yelled and embarrassed me in front of customers. I liked some of my former coworkers but most of them would talk behind your back.

Cons

Terrible manager

Fun place to work.

Loved working here. But the pay was too low for me. Lots of things to do when working very fast paced at times. This is a great job for kids in high school.

Jobs at Panera Bread

See more jobs

Stressful but worth it

A typical day at work for a panera delivery driver can be stressful but often on those days you make the most money. Depending on your location delivery volume will vary. However if you are in an area with low volume you will be expected to work either in the back or front of store and complete those responsibiites.

Pros

Discounted food and often free food at end of days.

Cons

Can be stressful for people who do not like driving

This job is stressful and customers are rude

I hated working there, customers were so rude and the store sometimes didn’t even have the ingredients to prepare food, so that kinda sucks because customers get mad at the cashier.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Too stressful

Drama filled back stabbing, and laziness

There’s nothing warm about Panera warmth. Zero support. A bunch of people with their hand out wanting something for nothing. Way too many self entitled people to understand team work. Everyday is a new drama filled experience with associates and managers alike. It was a nightmare. Zero support from AOP

Pros

Pay

It was okay

As a highschool student it paid well, management was okay and employees were okay it really depends on the area you work at, as depending on who was working, work was either more or less enjoyable. Benefits were alright,

benefits

Very supportive and fair workplace

A typical day (or night, rather) at work is to prep, score, and bake your breads, as well as souffles and seasonal cookies. You also pull frozen "pan-ups" to prep for the follow night. It can be a little overwhelming at first but you eventually get your own groove. I would recommend bringing headphones to listen to podcasts or music because the work can be a little monotonous after a while, especially when it's just you and the baker in the building. Also a jacket and gloves for when you work the freezer is a must. Otherwise, the pay is nice, the benefits are nice, and the management is awesome so long as you are fine with the overnight hours.

Pros

Free food every shift, flexible scheduling, awesome management

Cons

Can get monotonous, strenuous on body (lots of lifting, bending, twisting)

Nothing out of the ordinary

Most managers are fineSome of the jobs can be lonely, no other workers to talk to or work withFavoritism sometimesNot a bad summer jobOnly had problems with one of many managers

Pros

Kind environment

Cons

A tough manager (that varies)

I love my job!

Panera is great for your first high school job, a college job, a job if you are a mom looking for a few short shifts! I’ve been with Panera for a while. I started as an associate and am now an assistant manager! The company has great values and offers a fun work atmosphere. As with any job, the higher you go up the ladder the more the company needs and relies on you. As an associate I had a great work life/home life balance. I worked 3-4 days a week, 5-8 hours each shift. It was great while I was in school! The managers understand school comes first and worked with me. As a manager, it is harder to be out of work at your scheduled time, have the days off you need, and have a preference in shifts. This is for any food service restaurant. I have never been paid as much as I am now, have paid time off, and great health benefits. If you are thinking about working here apply and go in for an interview! You could keep this as a job or turn it into a long term career. I encourage anyone and everyone to apply! You will truly like working here!

Pros

Paid time off, free food, great work friends, flexible schedule, Daily pay!!

Cons

Managers work many hours, that’s any restaurant you work for. That’s my only con!

Products

PRG is a company that allows people to advance in their career extremely fast if you work for it. They do not confine you by tenure or experience. While there are a lot of opportunities to grow within the firm, the hours expected to work is rather alarming. On paper the requirement is about 50 hours a week (5 days) however in reality, many peers in our position works more than 70 hours a week regularly to meet the expectation our supervisors impose on us. I would say this is the hardest part of the job. But the promotional opportunity this firm presents is absolutely great.

Pros

Free meal, flex time

Benefits

meh

it’s ok, management was creepy as a young girl, creepy old men, kids always getting high in the freezer and no care from the managers about your mental well being.

Pros

free food

Cons

not great management

Productive and Fun Work Place

The team environment was fantastic. Everyone was constantly helping out wherever need be. The work itself was great, there were new situations coming up daily.

Pros

Great Coworkers

Cons

Pay

Overworked and Understaffed

I was a front end cashier at Panera Bread. I prepped in the morning and opened. The managers are all super sweet, but you're severely overworked. You're expected to do other people's work and it can be really overwhelming.

Pros

Free Lunches, Nice Coworkers, Nice Managers

Cons

Overworked, Understaffed Severally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss