Panera Bread Employee Reviews

43K
32.4K
Found 9,365 reviews matching the search See all 9,460 reviews
nice workplace
Sales and Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2018
Peaceful, organized, proper training provided and nice management. I enjoyed working there full time/part time and liked the atmosphere especially a good teamwork.
Pros
discount on lunches, and free meal cards upto 12 bucks
Cons
only one break, no paid off time
Terribly managed establishment with overpriced, unpleasant & bland food.
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 22, 2018
The Panera Bread establishment that I happened to work with had workers who regularly mocked the people of color who also worked at the establishment and were never told to stop or to be respectful by management despite the management being entirely aware of it. Very shameful and negative environment.
Worst Job Ever
Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 22, 2018
My very first job ever. Started good but became apparent very quickly that unless you were a customer, you couldn't expect a lot of help. Because lack of experience and help my job performance dropped and so did my hours as a result. My least favorite job.
Very poor culture, decent pay
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 22, 2018
Management is a bunch of rumor mongering little girls that will turn on you for anything. The pay is ok, but not enough for what you are asked to do nightly. The attendance rules are a joke and are a big reason why they lose people. You can't be sick while working here and if you are it has to be on their terms. Way too much expected of you! Most of the coworkers are good people, but management is horrible. A few people there that will definitely stab you in the back if the opportunity presents itself. You will be talked to like you are a child by management.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
99% of the job
Ok workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJuly 22, 2018
Took orders and engage conversation with all the customers and clean dinning room and stock and did inventory and train new people and also help stock soup or prep food for the line
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Poor manager
hard work very busy
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 22, 2018
great people to work with.
enjoyed the team work.
was a very humbling job that was high volume and kept us very busy at times hard to get done what was needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
small quarters to get the amount of work that was needed
Stressful and undercompensated working enviroment with subpar management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 22, 2018
Fast-paced environment that fosters change, but does not prepare its employees for competitive advances. From day one, every employee that was not brand new expect me to know how to do everything without being told. That was the most stressful part. But in this industry it's about being pushed to the limit just to make sales, so I cannot blame the managers for being pushy. They should try to be more consistent with what they expect and what they actually do.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, Friendly staff (sometimes), $9.15 isn't bad, Music while dishwashing
Cons
Stressful environment, bossy managers, incomplete and non-verbal expectations
Productive work environment
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 22, 2018
Panera is a fast paced work environment that requires many hours on your feet. The work is not really hard at all as long as you can keep moving. Management was really friendly and fair. Defiantly room to grow and move up in the company.
Pros
Days go by quickly, good discounts
Cons
tired feet
Racist company
Bakery-Café Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2018
They pay whites more than they do blacks. They actually over work the people who’ve been there for years. Their pay scale suck. They don’t do reviews on time. They are very racist.
Loved my coworkers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2018
Most of everyone I worked with was a team player, only a few bad apples here and there. Management was ok. More reactive than proactive management style by the GM. Difficult to move up.
needs some work
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 21, 2018
My coworkers were great. Some managers were awesome and respectful while others were not. Many coworkers were understanding and very helpful in stressful situations. There was always a lot of drama going on between some coworkers
Pros
discounted lunch, friendly customers
Cons
drama between coworkers, mean customers
Training General Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCJuly 21, 2018
Fun and exciting place to work. Fast paced environment that is different everyday. You meet new people everyday and make friends. Long hours but it is worth it
Pros
Meet great people
Good Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 21, 2018
Overall this was a good place to work. Challenges are the hours kept and keeping a full staff of employees ready to perform when asked. Great place to work to hone your skill as a restaurant manager.
Pros
Excellent place to grow in management
Cons
Long hours low pay
Okay first job. Not at all career worthy.
Zone Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2018
This job is an O.K.for a first job. It shows how tough a job might be. With half the mangers show favoritism and professionalism and bias. This is not a career worthy job, but stepping stone to where you really want to work, Great way to earn experience, but that's about all.
Pros
Discount on food, but only on days you work.
Cons
No benefits, unprofessional and bias managers.
Trabajo bien pero el salario es muy poco para lo que yo hago .
Baker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2018
Buena panera , buen ambiente limpio atención única y buenos compañeros de trabajo , me sentí bien trabajando ahí
Pros
Si
Simple job, Fast paced, Management questionable
Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilton, NYJuly 20, 2018
I really did enjoy my time at Panera, work humor and people who do work there are usually great. Lots of negativity at the work place, and little recognition for those who do work hard. Overall it was a fun experience but advancement seems kind of hard for those deserving and those who aren't seem to run up the ladder.
Pros
Good discount on food, fun people
Cons
little acknowledgement, questionable management
Fast paced work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJuly 20, 2018
The fast-paced environment was extremely good for learning how to multi-task. The variety of customers also helped me develop my customer service skills.
Very helpful and friendly management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 20, 2018
I made lifelong friends out of managers and coworkers at Panera Bread that I still talk to. Making food quickly and to specification can be stressful, But everyone is very friendly and more than willing to help. My only complaint is that benefits could have been better.
Pros
Discount lunches, Friendly employees
Cons
Stressful at times
Warm family and friend culture
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 20, 2018
Panera is a great company to work for. They pay well and i met so many great people in this company. I have made life long friends and worked with many talented awesome people. Panera is a very busy food svc company. Lines out the door, orders after order! Which means they are super successful, i enjoyed working for Panera. The day just flew by and it was a constant rush. If you like high paced high energy environments this will be the perfect fit. Long hours can be overwhelming at times, but working with good people and good food was worth it
Pros
65% off meals, free for managers, great food, warm family fun environment, good managers
Cons
long hours, most cafes are understaffed, very busy, 5am start time
its okay for first time workers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 20, 2018
I had this job my senior year of high school. the hours and pay are great but the management was pretty bad for how young everyone is. Once you pass that its pretty cool until you get rushes and people complain for waiting 2 minutes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss