Panera Bread Culture reviews

Found 2,107 reviews matching the search See all 12,595 reviews
Featured review
Panera Bread selected this as a representative review
Productive Place
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed working here, and I made a lot of new friends. It also helped me maintain good customer service habits, and has made it easier for me to conversate with people in other jobs.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
short breaks
Fast-Paced and Friendly
Employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 13, 2019
A typical day for any employee at Panera Bread includes serving customers, cleaning, and stocking inventory for use. Many employee positions prepare food as well. The culture is a collaborative one where generally everyone is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Certified associate trainer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 12, 2019
I loved this job and I'm kicking myself that I ever left.
Great place to work friendly staff and lots of opportunities.managers always efficient in their schedules.
Uncomfortable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 12, 2019
A typical day at work was very stressful and the hardest part of working there was taking in complaints even when doing the right thing. The workplace was disrespectful.
Very nice place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 12, 2019
They make sure you are trained properly and efficiently. The management is wonderful and easy to work with. Everyone works together as a team to get the job done
A wonderful place to work part-time, although not meant for a career setting personally
Server, Food Runner, Host, Cashier, dishwasher, (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RI 02886July 12, 2019
I enjoyed working at Panera. The community was open and friendly both within the employers and the customers. Depending on the manager, some were friendlier than others, but hey management can be stressful, so I definitely understand.
Great environment and awesome co-workers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJuly 12, 2019
Very productive, nice workplace, sweet ,caring people, loved working there, had the awesomest mangers, just had to relocate because of some home issues, otherwise I would still be there with them! Love my panerafamily
Pros
Discounts, good managers
Great work enviorment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2019
It was never the same never really knew what the day would bring. The environment was great. The customers where nice. some of the management was great.
Love it
Day Baker (Current Employee) –  Sayville, NYJuly 11, 2019
I love it there I want to make it a career I love the people the mangers and the co workers the food discount is awesome they are Berry friendly
Good place for a part time/temporary job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 11, 2019
Most of the workers are team players and helpful. All of the managers are very nice with some being more strict than others. Employees get a 65% discount during their shift.
Catering Department.
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, WIJuly 10, 2019
The people here are super awesome to be around! The managers are super cool and knowledgeable. As long as you're doing what you were asked and or told there is no problems! I really do enjoy working in the catering department. Quite honestly, I can't say enough good things about the work culture or the people.
Pros
Managers actually listen!
Cons
Not too many
Productive and pleasant place to work at.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJuly 10, 2019
I thought over all the place was a great place to work. All the employees were nice and the bosses were nice. the place was peaceful and not stressful to work at.
Need more worker to close
Panera Bread (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2019
As far as working there it's a fun and clean environment. Working there for the closing position is a Hassel theirs only one closer for all three stations.
Good Place For Management Experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 6, 2019
Worked at Panera as a manager for four years. It wasn't an easy position, but it gave me a plethora of work experience and taught me how to manage effectively. I've had a position in management every place I've worked since then, and also have been given the ability to handle all kinds of customers. The pay is too low, in my opinion, but that's because of the hierarchy present in my own store, likely not a company-wide issue. The most difficult aspect of the job is the Panera culture- it's very corporate and that mentality has trickled down to the customers. Oftentimes, they can be impossible to please. Still, I wouldn't change my experience. It taught me a lot of necessary and difficult skills to acquire.
Interesting, and a good side job for students or people with another job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 2, 2019
I think that overall, this is a good company. It gives it's customers an actual healthy option in the fast-food world. The way workers are treated depends on which store you're at. At my store, it was great if you were a student or had another job as you could just come in, take or make orders, then clock out. But working full time is different, as closers and openers are the ones who hold the store together. The culture is based around making time go by as fast as you can. With your co-workers you can joke, work harder, prep more, or really anything that eats up time while you're performing whatever task you need to do. The best part is making a customer's day, maybe with a free cookie for a minor mistake, or an engaging conversation. Many people have dogs in their car when coming through the drive through, and I love learning the dog's names. The hardest part is getting too many tasks with only a little bit of time to finish them, and picking up the slack that co-workers from earlier left behind. Also dealing with entitled or demanding customers is never fun. Overall, I think I've reached a good work-life balance with Panera Bread. I'm friends with at least 60% of the staff, and we all do hang out outside of work. We really are, a team.
I Enjoyed it for the most part
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 30, 2019
Initially Panera was an amazing place to work. They cared about their employees and were very competitive with their pay depending on your previous work experience. The job went downhill later due to issues with the manager leaving and not being stable for a while but outside of that I enjoyed it
Passive Aggressive environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 30, 2019
It’s not the worst place I’ve ever worked, but it has a toxic workplace environment. Management is neglectful, doesn’t train well, and frequently projects blame onto the employees for their own irresponsibility. Managers definitely play favorites, and spend a lot of time taking smoke breaks and trash talking employees they don’t like to the ones that ally with them. There is unequal labor distribution and some workers are left with the expectation to pull all the weight for the whole group. People quit constantly, so expect to be pressured into getting more hours than you signed up for. The only thing good I can say is the tips you get that go into your paycheck. Not really worth the passive aggressive work culture though. For that reason I don’t recommend.
Fast pace
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 29, 2019
A typical day at work would be opening the store and preparing for the day. I learned how to be face to face with customers at the registers. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday and having a bond with the everyday customers.
Professional, productive workplace with fun, caring employees and a relaxing work environment.
Line Worker/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJune 29, 2019
A typical day at work is mostly relaxing due to the easy flow that surrounds the employees. Teamwork is definitely found here. Communication is an essential part of the job, so for those who find that difficult...don’t worry about it. The managers and other team members make it easy to communicate and have fun while working.
Toxic culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJune 29, 2019
The day this place went private, to JAB, it was all down hill. New leadership is horrible. Care nothing about the people. Only the bottom line. Cut compensation for all managers below the district level. Manage by fear. Threat of losing your job daily. Only way to advance is through politics. Avoid working here at all costs.
Typical Day
Associate, Panera Bread (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 28, 2019
The workplace culture was very fast-paced and very demanding ; the hardest part of the job was mandatory restock even though the workplace was busy during my shifts. What I learned from working here is to manage my time wisely so that I may be multi-useful in multi-tasking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
43.9K
33.3K
21.3K
11.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Panera Bread.

Powered by Comparably