Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 12,273 reviews matching the search See all 12,401 reviews
Featured review
Panera Bread selected this as a representative review
Productive Place
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed working here, and I made a lot of new friends. It also helped me maintain good customer service habits, and has made it easier for me to conversate with people in other jobs.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
short breaks
vgjhvhgvhgv
Restaurant Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 24, 2019
I dont like panera. that is why i quit. worst manegment ever. otherwise it was an ok job. unfair pay. the best part of the job was making smoothies. end
Productive setting to study.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2019
Great for early morning breakfast or just to grab an on the way work coffee. Great for studying, not loud and very spacious and comforting, nice, employees.
Pros
60% discounts
Cons
Very fast paste
Could have been a better experience...
Prep Cook and Barista (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJune 24, 2019
I didn't get proper training. They just toss you into the wolves and let you get eaten. But then they get mad if you do something wrong. Maybe if I had training I wouldn't have done things wrong?
Pros
50% your meal once per shift
Cons
Poor management
dining room outside
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 24, 2019
this place was a nice place to teach and learn about new things, I was learning new thing because where I used to work it was super busy and a mix of spanish and american cusine, but this job was super chill nice management and great co-workers.
Pros
2 free lunches
Cons
1 hour break
Good job
Day Baker (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 24, 2019
It was a cool place to work learned a lot and iv grown from my experience. If I had to change anything it would be more room to advance in the company.
Aweful place to work
Prep Cook (Preparation Cook) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2019
Im a prep cook at panera
Haven't been there long but im comfortable with my current position and asked of i could receive some line training. I was told to talk to the GM
GM told me to speak with the assistant manager who told me to speak to the gm again after 4 weeks of back and forth I gave up.
3/4 managers are super laid back great people to work with but everyone contradicts the rules. We can't eat in the back but ive seen all the managers have coffee or soda and something to eat.. Certain portions i was told are between. X and X when i do those said portions its wrong. People call out last minute super understaffed manager keeps all the tips one week i had 20 something urs of OT and 2 weeks later i have maybe 12 hours this week. Management says its due to labor % but again complain about under staffed. I cant stand this place.
Everything is great except for new management.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 24, 2019
Pretty great place. Good food. Good benefits. Good people. Had a recent change in management that made me quit. Managers had favorites and allowed unprofessional behavior continue.
It is an okay job if you're sixteen.
Line Lead / Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 24, 2019
It gets weirdly busy there and can feel very stressful. There is a lot of side work to do throughout the day. It is just another restaurant that is connected to a huge corporation.
Pros
Discounts on food.
Cons
High levels of stress.
Enjoyed
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, CTJune 24, 2019
I worked for several years for the company. Flexible hours for associates and worked around my schooling schedule. Also great for minors to begin their work life. Left upon completion of college degree but would have continued to climb the ladder. Flexible positions as well laterally.
Pros
Promotion and advancement
Productive and fun workplace with bread bowls.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 23, 2019
The interview process was easy. Panera is always looking for employees. The training is good and you learn your job fast. The managers are cool and laid back. Panera also highers managers from within.
Very busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 23, 2019
I work day and Panera bread is always on the go, yes he had to take about a 30 minute break but it is always so busy that you may not even get a break and basically you just clean sometimes prep food and also you get to work on the register .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude managers
Panera Bread is a an amazing learning experience
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atascocita, TXJune 23, 2019
Panera bread is a very intriguing place to work, me and all of my coworkers are always having to adapt to new menu changes, customer request. Panera Bread has been an amazing learning opportunity for me, and im sure many many others as well. Panera Bread continues to strive to provide excellent food with a smile. That should be a part of anyone ethic even outside of the food industry. Whatever services a person is providing, that person should provide them in a positive manor and with a smile out of courtesy.
Its ok based on your coworkers
Panera Bread Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Valrico, FLJune 23, 2019
Customers get annoying and it pays minimum wage, which is too low based on what tasks I have to do but it can be worth it if you work with the right people.
Generally nice employees but stressful work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 23, 2019
Nice environment with pristine standards, but a very stressful place to work. While working here, my schedule was unfortunately mismanaged at times, but managers were very kind, helpful and understanding.
Pros
Discounted lunch, kind management
Cons
Not enough breaks
High stress situations.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLJune 23, 2019
There's a lot of stressful situations at Panera. Scheduling alone can give you gray hairs. I like stressful situations because it gives you a purpose. I can problem solve in my head and think of the best possible outcome for a lot of things.
Ugh
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 23, 2019
They expect you to give up your entire life for them. God forbid you get sick and have to call out, the gm will talk bad about you to other employees. Most of management has no idea what they are doing. Certain employees will get away with everything, like calling out multiple times a month to being late everyday.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Poor management, toxic environment, not enough room for growth
Was fun and constant moving
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 23, 2019
Everyone that I worked around was friendly but the management was not the best by any means. The managers would just go into the office and sit down and play on their phones until we called them up because the line is struggling.
Productive working place
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 23, 2019
It is nice working at Panera. Everyone stays on task and does there job. The cleaning tasks and closing tasks are simple and easy. We always have nice understanding costumers.
Pros
free drinks
It was okay
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 23, 2019
I wasn't given very good hours, not enough to live off of unless you were a manager or overnight baker. It's a good environment, but very messy & sometimes stressful.
Fun people to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 22, 2019
I just started but the people there are great. We’re like a little family. It’s quick paced but not stressful. They are very flexible and understanding. Great place to work temporarily. The only con is the pay of 9:25
Pros
Fun atmosphere, teamwork, discount
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
43.9K
33.2K
21.2K
11K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Panera Bread.

Powered by Comparably