Panolam Surface Systems Employee Reviews

good place to work
paper sorter (Current Employee) –  Auburn MaineOctober 8, 2018
I learned how to read pick plans and make the laminates for the press room. I liked working with the co workers and its suppose to be 4 ten hour days and three days off which was great. I don't mind the over time thought.
Pros
Had payed lunches
Cons
healthcare
Great people
Forklift Operator/manufacture (Former Employee) –  Auburn maineAugust 28, 2018
I worked here for almost 4 years I wish I never left.
The only major downside to this company is that the overtime can sometines get to an extensive level
Pros
Great co workers.
Cons
Can be a lot of overtine
productive fun place to work
Manager- Steve Thurlow (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEAugust 8, 2018
I worked in the Fabrication department cutting laminates to size with saws. I worked Monday through Friday and was with them almost four years. I would recommend as a good place to work.
Good people and a work in progress
Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEMarch 26, 2018
Lots of excellent, hard working people. A company (facility) in flux with new challenges and opportunities. A good, aggressive ownership group is now in place that are looking to do good things.
Pros
Pretty collaborative and open minded
Cons
Neglect of facility and employees by past ownership has left scars
Great for Production Staff
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 25, 2018
The place is great till you release that you work 50 hours a week with minimum pay with a lot of stress. There is not a lot of advancement room event though they prompot they are. Very fast turn around right now.
Pros
Regular breaks
Cons
Mico managment
Official response from Panolam Surface Systems
January 31, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are concerned that your experience working for Panolam is not meeting your expectations.

We strive at Panolam for all employees to have a great work experience. Our pay is competitive, fair, and we have great benefits. We have many employees advance in the Panolam company.

We will take your feedback will share it with our team.

It’s ok work place
Inspection Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEMarch 1, 2018
They accommodate ppl that been there longer they go off what they say An believe An ppl snitch on each other in there it’s a cool job but new comers have to wait
Pros
Paid for lunch
Cons
Shorts break
Great place to work with very good benefits.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEFebruary 11, 2018
Productive and interesting place to work. Overtime offered regularly. Great people to work with. Hardest part of the job is cleaning the three hundred foot ovens.
Its really slow and stressful
Picker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEFebruary 26, 2018
Not the best place to work try and find other places before coming here. its really stressful if people get grumpy and not many people are friendly. management sucks really bad
nice place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 30, 2018
I like the place and people are nice we love each other with Respect and collaboration and with different shift and I enjoyed the work with computer. and the Material was easy to lift
Pros
lunch not for free
Cons
the break is controled
Benefits ok but poor mangement
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEOctober 13, 2017
Its not a bad place to work as far as the benefits but when it comes to good treatment of their employees I don't feel they do a very good job. For example most companies have a understanding when it comes to bad weather that some people that live a good distance away and don't have 4 wheel drive may not make it to work safely , but not at Panolam.. Their employees get "points" for calling out even if its an emergency.
Pros
Paid vacation and other benefits
Cons
Cap on earnings too low, point system too strict.
Great place to work!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  MaineDecember 1, 2017
Very good place to work and the benefits are great! You get Medical, Dental, Life, 401k and vacation. The safety culture is great. Managers care about employees. You can move up in the company if you want to.
Pros
Benefits, Safety minded company
Productive, Friendly people, Descent money
Reactor Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEAugust 19, 2017
I like working here. It is a good company to work for but does have it's flaws. All companies could improve on something here and there. The management and people are friendly here. There is however a lack of communication and organization. They also don't like to spend money which in turn causes alot of issues.
Productive and Fun
Mechanist/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCSeptember 28, 2017
The days were long and fun. I learned a lot while working at this company. Management was great and fair. The culture was awesome, if I might add. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the shift.
Pros
Fair place to work
Cons
No comment
Fast paced and enjoyable.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MENovember 22, 2017
Loved working for Panolam, fast-paced environment and great management and co-workers. Lots of overtime both mandatory and optional, made for a long week but well worth.
paper soter (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEOctober 3, 2017
fast moving work place production factory in the build up department. My Duties included memorizing and reading codes to build boards, and then shipping boards to the press room. I left this job due to an uncomfortable work environment.
Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 3, 2017
I enjoyed the worked I did at Panolam. I worked with the customer service department as well as the represntatives in the various warehouses - IN, GA, TX, CA and ME

I processed reports and distributed to the customer servie reps and to the customer service manager.
Pros
Employees pleasant to work with
Cons
missing breaks
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 8, 2017
Prosessed all customer orders, resolved claims and disputes, and managed customer relationships on a daily basis.

I learned how to interface on the customer's behalf with internal staff regardomg customer complaints about their shipments.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with.
Cons
Short breaks.
good folks,,,interesting work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 4, 2016
ok at first...changed later on,,good workers ...good team work..lost alot when rumours arose about company moving..honest job people...raises came at a good pace...safety was a priority..stressed safty..company moved from itasca to aurora ...then finally moved to indiana and laid most people off...learned alot about shipping and recieving...learned alot of leadership qualities while working there
Pros
good pay..lots of o t
Cons
no security..company moved
My view of Nevamar
Wall Planner (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed going to work at Nevamar. I was there for 17 years. I learned a whole lot while working there. The manage was great until they waited until the last minute when trying to push something out for that day. I really enjoyed working with the group of people that was there; we were like a family. The hardest part was when they decided to close the plant and move it away. The most enjoyable part was the holidays seeing the smiles on my co-workers face. It was just something about them during this time.
Very good place to work.
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEApril 5, 2017
The company has a huge work order to fill and usually over works its employees but is very understanding of family time and rewards its employees for hard work. Overtime is something you must be willing to work though. A lot of money to be made here.
Pros
Good money, understanding of family.
Cons
A lot of hours to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panolam Surface Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Panolam Surface Systems Reviews by Location