Panther Premium Logistics Employee Reviews

Job was good but wish i got paid more had benefits
CDL B Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 7, 2018
This Job Was ok away from home mostly all the time no time too go to the gym work out or excersice and the food ate at the truck stop was terrible and unhealthy. But over all there was no manger watching me I was working by myself.
See the country, be your own boss, and go broke
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 4, 2018
Panther suffers from the usual problems large corporations have, lots of bureaucracy. Your only a number and it doesn't matter if you go broke only if they make money. Dispatcher lie all the time to you. I never had any problems with getting paid or shorted on my pay with this company, which is a big problem in the industry. You'll have a lot of autonomy. You can take time off work for no reason without being bothered. But sitting for weeks without loads or having to spend all your profits to relocate your truck to get a load is the norm. After five years with them I ended up filling for bankruptcy. Should have got out sooner.
Pros
Be your own boss, see the country
Cons
Not enough work to make a living
Great people, bad pay
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 9, 2018
The pay was very low for the amount of work. Cool office, good environment and great coworkers helped make up for it. Apparently i have to type 150 ch
great atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  usaApril 14, 2018
awesome place to work and enjoy traveling around the country. i met some amazing drivers that helped in every way possible to ensure my day was a success.
Pros
free perks
Cons
One of the best OTR companies to work for...
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 9, 2018
Panther is one of the better companies to run for as a truck driver. They aren't forced dispatch and they pay well. There's always a glitch in communications because...well, we're human. But all in all, I think they've improved a great deal in the last three years.

A typical day; Panther has 'load boards' across the country. Depending where you're parked, you'll get a call from dispatch with a load offer from your location to another, and they'll tell you the distance, how much it pays, and how heavy you'll be...plus any special requirements the load may have. This information usually comes across on the Qualcomm as well, (electronic communication systems) but sometimes it takes a minute.

As the driver you have to do some quick thinking (and math) and decide if the load will pay you well enough for your time. This is where you ask if you can call them right back, or put them on hold and take 2 minutes to look at your gps or atlas. (They're usually ok with you calling back) You want to know how much work this load will be, and you want to see what area you'll be in after you deliver. If you deliver in the middle of nowhere, you'll need to ask dispatch for a backup load or a little extra money so you can deliver and scoot to a better area where freight is moving.

The best part of this job is meeting people across the country. I enjoy meeting and talking to new people. I also love that each day is an adventure!

The hardest part of the job is when communication breaks down. We all have a job to do and we all want to get paid. Most dispatchers aren't trying to ruin
  more... someone's day or make life difficult, but sometimes the smallest courtesy and effort on their part means a lot to us on the other end of the phone. Occasionally we're stuck sitting for hours waiting for a pick up (or delivery) number from them (and they're waiting on the customer) when it should've been given when the load was brokered. It's not the dispatcher's fault, but if an email to the customer didn't work, try a phone call or get the warehouse on the phone....there has to be a better way.  less
Pros
Great pay, good fleet owners, freight moves
Cons
Some really bad fleet owners, do your homework
If you like living on the road....
Expedite Driver- Sprinter (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 21, 2018
If you like living on the road then driving is for you. You get to see the beautiful country but there's not much hometime. I love it. The staff at Panther are great to work with!
Pros
driving, meeting new people, beautiful sights
Cons
away from home too much
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Great place to work with great pay. Great dispatching team,great environment,always ready to helpyou with any questions you may have, very supportive team
good place to work if your self motivated
Driver (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHFebruary 13, 2018
good place to work if your motivated to do your job relatively unsupervised. offers great home time and dispatch is usually pretty helpful in getting you a load.
Straight Truck Driver
CDL Expediter (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Expedite, non forced loads, pick up and delivery of cargo, customer service, fuel management, long work weeks, 3 weeks on the road one week off, paid 1099, insurance and benefits are your own responsibilty.
Pros
Pick your own loads, hometime when you want it, never sat long
Cons
away from home, no benefits, long days and nights
Work
DRIVER/TEAM EXPEDITER SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 5, 2018
You pick up expedited freight mostly in the mid-west and transport the freight to any where in the 48 states. There is a lot of sitting around waiting on a load and waiting on dispatch to find you something. Some times you can sit a few days before you get a load. They mostly prefer team trucks not solos.
I like working here but the pay is not industry standard
Agent Network Team (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHDecember 18, 2017
The workload is very large so you get great experience but the pay is barely industy minimum. Work culture is usually fun but can get hectic. Its a new building
Pros
New building
Cons
Pay is low
panther
Cargo van driver/ Customer services (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHDecember 18, 2017
i would never work there agin it was not the right job for me and they didnt pay right the citys we had to drive all over to was not worth it. so dont waist your time
excellent
Driver (Former Employee) –  media OhDecember 14, 2017
provides many paths to achieve your career goals. Select a department to learn ... Throughout Panther's history of continued growth, me as an employee has had an opportunities to develop their careers and evolve their roles and responsibilities.
review
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 7, 2017
I really don't feel like writing a review. I wasn't with them for very long. They were the same as all other logistics company. There are good things and bad things.
Decent place to start, but not a place to stay long
OTR Truck Driver (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 4, 2017
I worked at Panther for four years, which was easily two years too many. I got a lot of experience driving in different weather conditions and dealing with a variety of customers, but teaming was difficult, as was getting good miles consistently. The best part of the job was getting to see the entire country, and Canada. The worst part was the varying paychecks due to having a lot of miles available one week, and next to nothing the next.
Pros
Left to manage yourself
Cons
Pay instability and a company that seems to be past its best days
it was an ok place to work
Agent Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  medina ohioOctober 23, 2017
Each part is very segregated so it it difficult to solve any customer issues, You can't fix anything without involving several other people and repeating things many times.
Muy buena compania
Driver/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHOctober 14, 2017
ES super trabajar alli con ellos. exelentes en su trabajo
Productive and clean workplace with nice cafe and great people
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Worked with automotive customers and provided the best options for them for expedited services. Worked well with the automotive team and came up with the best solutions for the best service.
My Favorite Job
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 10, 2017
Panther was by far the best place I've ever worked and my favorite job to date. I absolutely loved everything about it. I only left because my family and I were moving south. If I could've taken my job to NC with me, I would've! I miss it very much! I hope to see them open an office down here someday. I would go back and work for them in a heartbeat!
International Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2017
Managing quoting and executing shipments. Inbound and outbound
International shipments, Billing, Vendor invoice approval, tracking tracing. Pricing negotiations. Learned to work more independently.
Pros
Able to handle all files from start to end