Papa Gino's Employee Reviews

Good first job
Prep, cooking, customer service (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 1, 2019
Fairly easy, a mix of fast and slow paced work depending on the time of day. Morning hours just prep. While closing was the obvious cleaning and turning everything off.
Busy Work
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAMarch 30, 2019
I enjoyed working there. I enjoyed my team & my manager. I don't have really any complaints about this job. I wish I didn't have to move or I would have still been employed.
Out of business for a reason
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAMarch 27, 2019
I was the oldest and most experienced person on the closing crew. However I was the last promoted to shift leader. This was a not what you know but who you know company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Poor Employee Relations
Poor
Cook/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMarch 24, 2019
It wasnt anything i didnt know already. Mostly just a learning experience, all the managers didnt really know what they where doing. Alot of kids who didnt care and would call out alot.
Fun job
Team Member (Bench) (Former Employee) –  South Dartmouth, MAMarch 19, 2019
It was great except for the fact my manager was not happy with me getting a second job and refused to give me more hours. I was not “fast enough” but I was good in other areas of the store.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Short breaks, guilt tripping supervisors
When I worked there it was quick service good food and pretty busy
Grill and pizza cook (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MAMarch 15, 2019
This company is horrible take it no notice to shut indoors permanently my two sons and I all we left high and dry no one come and I hope the owners go broke
Stressful, faster paced
Cashier/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 9, 2019
I would open the store some days, that meant getting everything ready for opening, turning on the pizza ovens the grill, start taking the pizza dough, pre making food, getting the salad bar set up.

I learned a lot of this from this job, I learned how to properly use a knife and how to cut meat the right way, and I learned how to communicate with customers, especially angry upset consumers. For me there wasn’t one thing that was hard it was all hard but I got through it all by believing I could do it. This was the one job that I really liked and was sad that I had to leave. I love all my coworkers we got along great and there was such a good energy in the workplace that it made it better to work there.
Pros
Free lunch, long lunch
Cons
Non that I can think of
nice employees , great work place
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIMarch 8, 2019
My time at Papa Gino's was a fast paced environment occasionally. I learned good costumer service and how to prep pizza. The management was great and helped me very well understand the routines and etc. The workplace culture was great I had fun and everyone was friendly. The hardest part of the job was having big orders due by a certain time and getting the pizzas prepped pretty fast. The most enjoyable art of the job was making the pizzas and handing the food to the eat in customers.
Great place best pizza
Line Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAMarch 3, 2019
Papa gino's are a new England founded pizza company which have great pizza and wonderful deals. They also make there own pizza dough that comes fresh daily to provide 100% quality in ever slice.
Pros
Best pizza
Cons
A little expensive
Good Job, Bad Pay
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 26, 2019
I worked there for over 3 years and still made minimum wage (however minimum wage was also increased every year from $9 to $11 during that time). The people you work with are great and it is a very easy job but can be stressful during dinner rushes.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Coworkers, Easy Job
Cons
Bad Pay
Not professional
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 4, 2019
Nobody trained me when I first got there. There wasn't any good leadership between the staff. It was later closed down due to the best of my knowledge.
worked hard was screwed
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 27, 2019
Was worked very hard ended up being a 14 day straight shift in which I was told to screw after asking for a day off. I was made to cover in every store up and down the pike in mass and never got a single thank you or reward for working hard.
As a shift leader there the Gm/agm dropped most responsibilities on me and nothing is done when team member problems happen. Also despite leaving profressionally the company lied about me in court in order to try and get me arrested by another company. do not trust them they will use you.
Pros
Not working there anymore
Good High school job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, MAJanuary 25, 2019
I was a fun place to work and the managers were great people to work for. You also get pretty good tips as a delivery driver if i remember it was about $200 a week maybe more. But the location that I worked at is no longer open.
fast paced
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJanuary 22, 2019
papa ginos was a good company to work for before they started closing down many of their locations. very busy high paced environment with as many hours as desired available
a good work place and good people
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 15, 2019
in my opinion I should have been notified of the location I was working at was being shut down. I was left with no job. working here was fun and I enjoyed it along with my coworkers. it felt like a family. there were always flexible hours and always more hours to be picked up if needed
Fair
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 11, 2019
Ive workerd here for 4 years and i can say the company itself is sketchy, they dont pay enough and they expect you to do a crazy amount of work so they can get a paycheck but you rarely ever see them work in the store.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay
the most enjoyable part of my job
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJanuary 8, 2019
I watch these team members grow up. Even if it is just for a little while, it warms my heart to see them go far. Whether in school or at Papa Gino's, these are good kids. And I am thankful that I get to be one of these people that shape them into who they become.
Pros
$6 off
Cons
closing 4 nights a week
I enjoyed working there, but conflict with scheduled hours
Front End Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, MAJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed the type of customer service atmosphere and the pace of the job, however, there were conflicts in scheduling my hours with management and I seeked employment elsewhere. I felt like there was no team environment while I was employed.
Pros
customer service atmosphere, working in a field I enjoy
Cons
lack of team work, scheduling conflicts
It was a supplemental income.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJanuary 4, 2019
I worked there for many years, I lost my job when they had a major closing spree. People showed up ready to work only to learn that the shop was closed, otherwise I would still be working there.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working with teenagers
Horrible to their Employees
Cook (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, MAJanuary 2, 2019
when they closed a bunch of their locations, they gave none of their employees or managers notice. they tried to short us on our pay and they never tried to relocate us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Gino's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight