Papa Gino's

Papa Gino's insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

Not the worst, not the best, but beats most other pizza shops.

I worked there 10 years on and off as a delivery driver. They "offer" career advancement opportunity but it only really exists if you happen to be likeable enough (and willing to lie about store performance for them) by upper management.

Fast paced job but horrible pay

It was very fast paced which i like because it makes the shift go by but the amount of hours you put in and the pay do not match. Not to mention the company doesn’t appreciate you for all the hard work you do and a ton of favoritism at the location i worked at.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks Long hours Weekends

It’s a stepping stone

Not great, not tons of upper management support unless you threaten to quit. No advancement opportunities really. They are always desperate for Managers and shift leads but don’t actually want to promote anyone. They love to add responsibility without adding pay

Pros

Food discounts (if you like their food), flexible hours

Cons

Part time pay with full time work

It’s a job

It’s a job, pay is ok, management not that great but good for first time jobs . There is room for advancement but there are better jobs out there but a ok company

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay

They closed most places near me and was decent back in the day.

A decent job but nothing outstanding. Was a delivery driver on and off for 10 years. There was not enough business to earn a good salary so this is why i left.

Pros

Good food with a discount

Cons

Papa ginos takes too much of the drivers cut

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Fun place ok pay

Well, as far as pizza making goes, this place is pretty fun. Do you get paid a lot, not really. But you get the opportunity to gets hours and tips, so that helps a little.

Pros

Cool people and pizza

Cons

Pay

Little compensation or support for a lot of work

A lot is expected of the customer service/cashiers at once, and it's a lot to balance with little to no support from managers. For a minimum wage job there is very little flexibility with hours, time off is often unorganized and ends up forgotten by managers.

Fairly easy , needs improvement.

Papa Gino’s has been a fairly easy job. I find the attitude of some customers and employees on certain days to be less than pleasant, but we all have off days. Management is easy to work with, it’s hard to work around everyone’s’ needs for them i feel like though. which isn’t their fault, but it leads to unhappiness.

Pros

Flexible hours, easy tasks, and pretty solid management

Cons

Not enough employees

Starter job

The mgt at company does not offer decent benefits and no grooming for management. I did not enjoy company medical was poor I did not like the merge with another company and the district Mgr was never at stores

Pros

Food

Cons

Pay medical dental lousy

Kind of Terrible

I hated my life working here. I never had any time to see friends or family outside of high school as well as my job. They were accommodating to this by asking me to stay on for fewer days after I tried to quit but I felt I was looked down upon after taking up said offer. You get free lunch so that’s a bonus but the customers are terrible and honestly the coworkers weren’t great either. Yeah, don’t work here, especially if you’re a teenager. I got paid 10.50 an hour but pre covid they started workers off less.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Most things

It's a place to work but that's it.

I get along with my other fellow team members and management but the company offers little incentive to stay with them. Papa Ginos offers little growth and as a result employee retention is lacking. It is a good starting off point to get a first job and collect minimum wage paychecks but it doesn't allow one to grow and learn.

Pros

Discounts on days you work

Cons

Poor benefits

Fun

Fun at the beginning, great first job. Overworked with not consistent hours. As side gig not terrible to make a few extra bucks. Had a good experience as first job.

Overworked, chronic severe short staffing

Hired as a manager. Spend over 90% of my time working a two and three crew positions- at once! Initial training of five weeks was great. Then got sent to another unit- supposedly to complete second phase of management training. Never happened. Six months of back breaking soul killing work filling crew positions. Health insurance is 65/35? Never heard of such a thing. 80/20 is the norm.

Pros

One free meal per shift

Cons

Healthcare, short staffing

Fun and productive workplace

The general manager is amazing one of the best managers I’ve had and the people that work there are also awesome. Very clean place food is fresh and made fresh everyday

Pros

Good food

Cons

Hot but you work in a kitchen so to be expected

A good job overall

I really enjoyed working for this company most of the time. I was always able to pick up extra hours when I needed them and I could change my schedule if I needed to. At the end, though, I wasn't getting enough hours, partly due to a new scheduling manager who gave hours to her friends. Also, some times there was a lot of drama. I was a delivery driver and I was away from the restaurant a lot of time. Great tips most of the time!

Pros

Flexible hours, great tips

Cons

Drama, favoritism

Great work life balance

This is a compay i have worked for for a while. they offer me growth opportunities and constant learning. Benefits are good, salary is good and I enjoy the people i work with.

Meh

Been here for 3 years. Started as a driver, worked up to shift leader and now assistant manager. Always short staffed, always stressed. Bunch of kids that don't want to work. Moved to 2 different locations in 1.5 months when I got promoted. They haven't taught me anything and I was at a training store. This company sucks and makes me miserable. And they're all two faced.

Pros

Some cool coworkers

Cons

Everyrhing else

Used to feel like a family but now it’s micromanaged

I loved working for Papa Gino’s but towards the end the company was sold off several times and we were just numbers. The overall pay was sub par and the bonus program was structured in a way that was nearly unattainable. Grow is practically non existent as much of the staff has been with the company for 30 years or more.

Pros

Great food

Cons

No advancement and micromanagement

Okay

Just another job really. You show up and do what you have to do and earn a check. The pay isn't the greatest but what do you expect out of a pizza chain.

Good manger at my location.

Been working with this company for 4 years . And throughout that time there has been a horrible turnover rate of managers and employees. The main thing that's killing this company is the lack of advancement, and low wages provided by this company to its employees.

Pros

Good manger at my location that's very supportive to his employees.

Cons

Horrible pay, even after working there for years, little room for advancement.

Can be a great part time option

I enjoyed my time working at papa ginos. I was lucky enough to have a few great coworkers and a great manager. However, I had some bad coworkers that refused to work while at work. The position as a delivery driver was a good way to make money for a part time job. I would recommend, but the people you work with can make or break the experience.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Bad coworkers

Common questions about Papa Gino's

Answered by current and former employees at Papa Gino's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Gino's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6
2.9

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight