Papa Gino's Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Cashier and Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MANovember 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working there. You had typical stress just like any other job. But the other workers and management were great at helping out and helping to relieve stress. It cool all the workers are fun and diverse you can have fun there.
Pros
Half priced lunch, open and friendly workers
fastpaced workplace
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MANovember 13, 2018
its perfect for a first job, they teach you each steps, watch videos to improve skills, everyone would help in their own way. sometimes people would call no show so you would be by yourself.
Productive, stressful and tiring.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 6, 2018
This job was easy when you got the hang off it. Some of the managers you get for the job will not really train you correctly on how to do your job, it would be team members, shift leaders or assistant managers who put in the hard work to train workers. The job is very stressful when things are done incorrectly and someone does not help you when you're busy. Working there definitely gives you great cooking skill. However, it is a pain some days. They also would inconvenience yourself and make you do a lot of work that you do not get paid enough to do. The best way to say this is, in order to make a really good pay, you either have to have over 30 hours or become a manager because not even the shift leaders make a lot, they get at least 70 cents more than the team members which is upsetting that we do not get increase in pay rate as a shift leader. It was also upsetting when my job did not inform any of the workers that they were closing our location. I need the money to pay bills.
Getting laid off
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 5, 2018
My team was a nice group of people who got laid off without any notice. Many of them had families to pay for they had lives and that was all taken away from them yesterday when corporation walked in and told us to shut off all the machines and leave because our establishment was no longer in service. Frankly I believe Papa Gino's is going out of business and applying to a store would be a waste because you will probably suffer our same fate. The thing that was most off-putting was the fact that they told managers to reapply. These Managers have been loyal to this company for years and all they got in return was a slap to the face. This business has zero respect for their employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
The lack of respect the company has for their employees
Awful unprofessional environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 5, 2018
Awful cut throat atmosphere ran by an abusive management system. This company would make you come in an handle food on ANY kind of sickness or threaten that you would be out of a job.
papa gino's has no respect for the people that work for them
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  acton maNovember 4, 2018
today papa gino's permanently closed it's Acton location. it did so with out any notice to it's employees. the people that were supposed to work today, showed up to locked doors. reportedly this happened to a couple of dozen other locations as well.
i was a delivery driver. i worked at papa ginos for four and a half years. in that time drivers were never given a raise. we were also changed from hourly employees to tip employees so papa ginos could avoid giving us raises when the minimum wage went up in 2016 and 2017.
Pros
there are no pros, no respect, no raises, no future
Cons
everything that could be wrong with a job
Great Place
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 1, 2018
Loved making pizza and having a wonderful crew with me. had one of the best managers that ive ever worked for. Enjoy cooking for Papa Ginos , the company is amazing.
Pros
learn how to cook pizza and more food i didnt know how to cook
Cons
no cons beside the location we worked at was dead
Either slow or busy depending on location
Cook/Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAOctober 22, 2018
It’s a good job I loved my manager but coworkers were always snitching behind everyone’s back, drivers get tips, it can be fun but also very stressful
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
No free food
great place
Grill Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RIOctober 21, 2018
i loved working behind the grill preparing the food, i liked the people i worked with, very fasted paced inviroment. i would work there again with better pay
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Its a fun workplace
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAOctober 10, 2018
Not a bad company o just need to.move on after almost 4 yrs it fun but after week it's get tiring and some time with people they hire it does not make job fun

Want to know more about Papa Gino's?

Ask a question
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Medway, MAOctober 6, 2018
It all depends on who your manager is depends on you experience, some managers are abusive both verbal and physical, others really care about you as a person. Trying to communicate to anyone is impossible and communication through the company is terrible.
Pros
Discount
good place to work
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  ebeverly maSeptember 28, 2018
it was a noce place to work. the people that i wokred were nice and the custmers were nice too. got to try new things and learned a a lot from them.it was a good learning experence foir me
productive
Cashier Server (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 27, 2018
Although at time the environment would get slow place all of the coworkers mad it the environment fun. the food is good and not that expensive at all.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
slow past
fun place to work
Cashier, Pizza Cook, Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MASeptember 26, 2018
Everyone was close working together and willing to help out coworkers. We had a lot of fun at work. Managers were willing to teach you new things to learn if you were ready.
Fun
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MESeptember 25, 2018
The typical day at work, would depend on the time of day and what day it is.
I learned how to be fast pace
The management was awesome and fun
The hardest part of the jobs, were being on my feet for 9 hours on Saturdays, with ONE 30 min break
What I liked most about the job was the people, we would always have fun there, it was like a little family.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
NO Discounts
Management made this job the best it could ever be. The managers and shift leaders made this job fun, and easy to lean.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, CTSeptember 21, 2018
To start, the management immediately made my priorities count. I was in school, and they had no problems integrating my school work with their work. The team members were quick learners, and dependable. The hours were good, and the pay was fine.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, flexible hours, Excellent management
Not for the feint of heart!
Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 17, 2018
The company is loosely structured and their standards are dwindling. It is definitely a lot of work for little compensation. Once you reach management level (salary) you will definitely be taken advantage of, and the shining stars that could have been great will quickly fizzle out and move on. Sad to see just how many of the Papa Gino's, D'Angelo's brand restaurants are being shut down for losing sight of their core values. The only saving grace for this franchise, which is keeping them afloat, all comes back to location, location, location.
Pros
New England staple, very unique and delicious pizza
Cons
Lack of structure, standards and their uncanny ability to sweep things under the rug
culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MSSeptember 5, 2018
The training program is provided but not followed by the region as a whole. Poor encouragement and support outside of the restaurant structure. Needs improvement for support of team members.
Poor hygiene and great coworkers
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 5, 2018
It’s a stressful job and there was unfair hours. Besides that they opened my eyes to the world of jobs. And this is only the beginning. Also the coworkers was shockingly great.
Pros
Discounts off food
Cons
Little hours
papa ginos
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 30, 2018
Being a delivery driver can be a slow paced or fast paced day. A typical day day at work consists of cleaning up the store . (boxes , trash.etc) hardest part of the job can be sometimes getting people their food by their desired time, where the most enjoyable part of the job is helping others or new team members new things.
Pros
food
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Gino's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight