Papa John's Employee Reviews

Found 7,130 reviews matching the search See all 7,911 reviews
Easy and efficient money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 20, 2018
If you have a good delivery area and a good manager, this is one of the best jobs you can have without any kind of degree requirements. Money is really easy, but the wear and tear on your car can be bad long-term.
Manager/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZSeptember 20, 2018
This is a pretty easy job. Fun job. Learn to make pizzas and deliver. The job is mostly laid back. You have to get used to evening rush between dinner times. It gets pretty busy for a few hours and can be hard to keep up with until you get used to it. But once it gets slower, easy to make food and learn the portions. Lots of training, help, and informational aids everywhere. Not great pay but not very stressful at all. Most people are easy going there. My boss was a great friend and mentor.
Pros
Free food, easy atmosphere
Cons
No healthcare
Good at the time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 20, 2018
The attitude at the CEO trickles down to the franchise management staff. They do not reinvest in software or their employees. No per diem for out of town work.
Doesn't everyone do this work at some point.
Assistant manager and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 20, 2018
It's a pizza place. It's filled with people need money during high school or college. It's easy to get hired and it is easy to walk away from. A great part time gig.
It’s was cool everybody was respectful and helpful to peers
Slicer Operator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZSeptember 20, 2018
The managers gave me a chance to work. They where patient with me to, taught me everything that I needed to learn. Did not leave me out or nothing plus we all worked as a team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
2 15min breaks
straight forward
Papa John's Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 20, 2018
the job is easy but can be physically taxing at times. sometimes you make a lot on tips but most of the time you don't. the money isn't worth how hard the work is.
Very fast paced work environment that require skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CASeptember 20, 2018
Fast paced workplace that requires you to learn alot of skills in a short amount of time. General managers expect you to handle everything and leave you alone to deal with any difficulties.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Employees not treated fairly or recognize for achievements
Job for kids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 20, 2018
If you’re a kid and wanna make quick cash then cool, if you have bills and kids to take care
Of then think again. They won’t pay you correctly, management is a joke. Upper management gives zero craps about you.
Very nice energetic staff
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work ! Customers as well employees are always so friendly in a very great mood I worked my way up now I feel it is time to take depart from papa johns see what other options in life are put for me in the world.
Pros
Free lunches
Benefits
Productive workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with all of the employees at Papa John's. I liked making the pizzas & delivering them to the customers. Folding boxes was easy there.
Papa Johns
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wood River, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Papa Johns is a horrible company to work for. Poor pay and small chance of moving up unless someone quits or gets fired. Save yourself some time and work at Dominoes.
Pros
Garlic Butter
Cons
Horrible CEO
Fun environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 18, 2018
It was an easy environment, competitive pay, advancement opportunities, plenty of training opportunities, discounts on all menu items, fexible schedules.
Pros
Half off menu items
Cons
Dont always get off at scheduled time
Horrible work/life balance, but awesome training
Chief Marketing Director and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Expected to be there 24/7 it feels like, which leads to employees being burned out. Pay can definitely be better for the drivers and instore team members. Awesome training,
about my timing with Papa John's
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYSeptember 18, 2018
it was a fun atmosphere to work in for the first year I was there. when they had a new gm come in she just didn't know how to schedule or what she was doing so she is pretty much giving the company a bad name.
fun place to work
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2018
i was a delivery driver
it was fun i didn't have to stay in one spot for a long time
management was great
hardest part is finding people places in apt
Pros
staff
Cons
finding apartments
Sucked
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Everything sucked. managers were a joke. Pay was a joke. Hours were a joke. Sanitation was a joke. Customer service was a joke. Everything was a joke.
Loved this place.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Papa John is more than just pizza it's a way of life. The connections I formed are sacred and man I felt alive in that place one of the best jobs I ever had. I LOVE PAPA JOHNS!
Pros
driving is the best job
Cons
low starting wage but driving is awesome
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2018
You learn quickly about how everything goes. You get discounts and you learn a lot of patience. The job culture is teamwork makes the dream work. To succeed as a store you have to work with everyone.
Hardest/Least rewarding job ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 18, 2018
Promises for promotion are made, but never fulfilled. The Kansas City Market is bloated with middle managers who continue to promote based on nepotism or friendship. Unqualified people are therefore promoted which puts downward pressure on stores and team members.

For the foreseeable future, stay away from this company unless you are unable to find a job any where else.
Pros
Team member relations
Cons
Unqualified managers. Inept upper management.
runner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2018
It was nice working there but it wasn’t for me it was low on management. The people that worked there were disrespectful. I left because of that but overall just mind your business and you’ll be okay.
Pros
Made friends breaks paid time off
Cons
Low on management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.4K
32K

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Papa John's.

Powered by Comparably