Papa John's Employee Reviews

Found 7,858 reviews matching the search See all 8,756 reviews
Was okay but
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOMarch 17, 2019
i was full time at the Raytown MO store. I told my manager when interviewed that I needed full time hours with Sundays off. He agreed. It was good for a while then he scheduled me to work super bowl Sunday. When I told him I wouldn’t be there he blew up my cell phone with calls and unwanted text messages, but that was after I was promised by him scheduled time off. Guess what happened with I didn’t come into work my shift after promised time off? He blew up my phone with phone calls and unwanted text messages. Wasn’t ideal. I’m glad I don’t work there anymore.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
Not a good job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2019
Minimum wage, poor management, no benefits for part time workers, rude managers, uncomfortable uniforms, virtually no discounts for employees, late hours for teens
Pros
Free pizza if it wasn’t picked up
Cons
No breaks
I would not recommend working here
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 16, 2019
This place is not good to work for. Some people work just fine, everybody has a strength in something. Its just whether or not they do anything with it. There's a lot of lazy people that work here. I've got one raise in the four years I've worked here. I'm not going to say i do everything because I don't, but I know some of us deserve to be paid better than $7.50 in-store and $4.45 on the road.
Pros
having some cash at the end of shift if you're lucky
Cons
inconsistency of tips. low wage drops lower while on the road
Good
Papa Johns (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHMarch 15, 2019
Good starting job. Good job to work at while in college or starting college. Unfortunately low hours, have to ask for more hours and the pay is minimum wage.
best Pizza in town
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 15, 2019
very busy with lot of stuff.net and clean inside and out.. healthy inside always follows all safety and healthy environment. food are fresh and tasty.
Bad manegment
Maneger (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 15, 2019
I loved the job when I first got there as the Regional manager was a great guy. I came in during the middle of switching General mangers around and did not get along with mine. I was always early and did my best yet he refused to train me as a manager claiming I was to nice and would be walked on. He slowly cut my hours from 40+ a week to under 15. I tried to talk to him many times before I finally gave up and gave my two weeks.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The manegment is not always the best
Quick movement
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMarch 15, 2019
Overall company was good, have to drive your own car ect which wasn't always the greatest. Get free pizza if customer doesn't show up and get to eat the mess up pizzas
Good side hustle
delivery driver/in-store food prep (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 15, 2019
If you're looking for a place where there is solid training, an easy going job environment, this is your place. A perfect first job and side hustle for anybody willing. No task required is too difficult and drivers at times are the best-paid employees in the building. If you're looking to advance as a manager, the ball is in your court, step up and make a ton of pizzas and assume the responsibilities you want. Just a very stressless place to work every day.
Pros
50% off, most flexible employers ever.
Cons
Compensation has a low ceiling
Poor work environment
Papa John's Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2019
The management at Papa John's and training was very professional. Unfortunately, the work environment was poor. Low pay, no mileage allowance yet you put many miles and wear and tear on your own vehicle. Shifts were unpredictable both in hours and pay. Not much room for advancement. Pay per hour did not cover your gas and tips from customers were hit and miss. Great if you like to drive and not be stuck in the restaurant setting. Beware most locations now using GPS tracker toppers. You were not given any break time to even stop and go to the restroom.
Pros
given two work shirts
Cons
long hours, low pay, wear and tear on personal vehicle without compensation
Good job for high school or college student
Manager/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMarch 15, 2019
That’s all. Company doesn’t care about you. No one helps you half the time and you get yelled at by customers everyday whether it’s your fault or not. Whether you are new or not. Some employees are fun to hang out with and you can relax on some times with the boss or employees but then other times it’s like being in the middle of a cafeteria fight in school. Ridiculous.
Pros
Relaxing to be a driver
Cons
Everything is your fault at this place.
General manager is good at heart but wrong group of people. Best described as a black hole
Pizza maker (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 14, 2019
Dont let yourself be consumed by the black hole. It is best used as a starter job for younger children, but as an adult its just a stressful place to be. Your hours, tips, everything are all based on the friendships you make while youre there.
Pros
Everyone is very friendly to your face and will want to be friends outside of work as well
Cons
Management are close friends outside of work so you will not have room to complain
Good
General Manager (In-Training) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 13, 2019
Great experience learning duties. Management is excellent and training manager is excellent. Culture is very family oriented and welcoming when you come to work.
It becomes very stressful and painful.
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 13, 2019
You must be young and prepared to work a minimum of 70 hours a week to make good money. In order to move up at the Corporate level you must have very good people skills. (Know the right Butts to Kiss)
Pros
you always have money
Cons
you never have time to spend the money you make.
Working At Papa Johns
in Store (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 13, 2019
Was not satisfying working there because they had no actual certified training was applicable to the store but new hires having to teach the other new hires how to do the job, no breaks unless you smoked, no benefits, no vacation days, required to work on a good portion of holidays, required to stay after time if extra work is needed, and no free lunches.
Pros
50% off any order
Cons
Everything listed in the review.
Excellent Part time role with Great Management
Employee/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMarch 13, 2019
I worked at the Blue Ash chain of Papa John's Pizza as both an in store employee and as a delivery driver. I had a great working relationship with management, and was a great place to have my first job.
Pros
Free pizza, flexible schedule
Cons
Little breaks
good
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  1522 Robert E. Lee Blvd, New OrleansMarch 13, 2019
everything bout the job is grate. I have nothing to say . the people make it easy come to work. Tips are fine grate job all around I love it .
Fast paced environment
Instore (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 13, 2019
Working there can be fun or tough. It all depends on the co-workers and manager you have. With a good group of employees, it can be fun even during the busy periods.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Few breaks
A good place to grow and learn how to test yourself
Cashier and Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 13, 2019
Clock in, greet everyone so that your teammates and manager were aware that you were there, If pizzas were on the screens straight to the back until no more pizzas had to be made after that the kitchen and front always needed to remain clean
Pros
Easy work, postive enviroment
Cons
not enough money
Good workplace as second job for extra money
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Uhrichsville, OHMarch 12, 2019
I'm happy working here and make decent tips most days. Flexible hours and decent pay. Good work environment and opportunity to advance if you're interested.
It’s alright, but tiring.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 12, 2019
A lot of people quit at our store, so we have to do more work and I still get paid basically minimum wage. I do like the people there, though. When it’s slow, it’s terribly slow, and when it’s busy, it’s terribly busy. The job’s pretty easy, but it’s more stressful than I thought sometimes.
Pros
50% discount on anything
Cons
No breaks/chairs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.7K
32.2K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight