Papa John's Employee Reviews

52.2K
42.4K
32K
Found 7,135 reviews matching the search See all 7,916 reviews
Was given promotion without required raise.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2018
Papa Johns promoted me to Shift manager but refused to pay me as a shift manager. I was paid as an in store employee while running the entire store. Cheap Cheap Cheap!!! Plus the management were from Bangladesh and if you were not "one of them" your voice was not heard.
Fun Workplace. Fast paced environment. Good for tips
TEAM MEMBER/DRIVER (Former Employee) –  11775 E. Colonial Dr.September 21, 2018
A typical day at work consist of coming in introducting yourself to the manager. Then getting a "bank" for change for customers. Then they daily practices for drivers are answering and taking orders on the phone. Handling and boxing pizza correctly and properly. Then organizing pizza for orders and putting them in there proper places. Then a manager will route orders to the driver. Driver gets order together and is off to get order to customer in a timely manner. Management at the location I was at was pretty solid. Had to be for such a busy store. Workplace culture was a lilttle laxed. Lots of college kids who don't take job seriously at times. Hardest part of the job i would say is the driving at times but thats just because traffic/ things that are out of our control. But overall not bad. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people happy and satisfied to recieve their order.
Pros
some alone time/ lots of co- workers
Cons
basically no breaks
Boring
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXSeptember 20, 2018
They were always rude to you the workers and the employees. I've never felt disrespected in my life from a manager and he always use to give me these looks
Easy and efficient money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 20, 2018
If you have a good delivery area and a good manager, this is one of the best jobs you can have without any kind of degree requirements. Money is really easy, but the wear and tear on your car can be bad long-term.
Manager/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZSeptember 20, 2018
This is a pretty easy job. Fun job. Learn to make pizzas and deliver. The job is mostly laid back. You have to get used to evening rush between dinner times. It gets pretty busy for a few hours and can be hard to keep up with until you get used to it. But once it gets slower, easy to make food and learn the portions. Lots of training, help, and informational aids everywhere. Not great pay but not very stressful at all. Most people are easy going there. My boss was a great friend and mentor.
Pros
Free food, easy atmosphere
Cons
No healthcare
Good at the time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 20, 2018
The attitude at the CEO trickles down to the franchise management staff. They do not reinvest in software or their employees. No per diem for out of town work.
Doesn't everyone do this work at some point.
Assistant manager and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 20, 2018
It's a pizza place. It's filled with people need money during high school or college. It's easy to get hired and it is easy to walk away from. A great part time gig.
Entry level Job
PRODUCTION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2018
There are not a lot of advancement level jobs in the industry side of the business. There are a lot of jobs in the office park. I would not recommend the industry side of the business.
Pros
Entry level job
Cons
Low pay
It’s was cool everybody was respectful and helpful to peers
Slicer Operator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZSeptember 20, 2018
The managers gave me a chance to work. They where patient with me to, taught me everything that I needed to learn. Did not leave me out or nothing plus we all worked as a team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
2 15min breaks
straight forward
Papa John's Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 20, 2018
the job is easy but can be physically taxing at times. sometimes you make a lot on tips but most of the time you don't. the money isn't worth how hard the work is.
Very fast paced work environment that require skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CASeptember 20, 2018
Fast paced workplace that requires you to learn alot of skills in a short amount of time. General managers expect you to handle everything and leave you alone to deal with any difficulties.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Employees not treated fairly or recognize for achievements
Job for kids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 20, 2018
If you’re a kid and wanna make quick cash then cool, if you have bills and kids to take care
Of then think again. They won’t pay you correctly, management is a joke. Upper management gives zero craps about you.
Very nice energetic staff
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work ! Customers as well employees are always so friendly in a very great mood I worked my way up now I feel it is time to take depart from papa johns see what other options in life are put for me in the world.
Pros
Free lunches
Benefits
Productive workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with all of the employees at Papa John's. I liked making the pizzas & delivering them to the customers. Folding boxes was easy there.
Papa Johns
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wood River, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Papa Johns is a horrible company to work for. Poor pay and small chance of moving up unless someone quits or gets fired. Save yourself some time and work at Dominoes.
Pros
Garlic Butter
Cons
Horrible CEO
Fun environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 18, 2018
It was an easy environment, competitive pay, advancement opportunities, plenty of training opportunities, discounts on all menu items, fexible schedules.
Pros
Half off menu items
Cons
Dont always get off at scheduled time
Horrible work/life balance, but awesome training
Chief Marketing Director and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Expected to be there 24/7 it feels like, which leads to employees being burned out. Pay can definitely be better for the drivers and instore team members. Awesome training,
about my timing with Papa John's
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYSeptember 18, 2018
it was a fun atmosphere to work in for the first year I was there. when they had a new gm come in she just didn't know how to schedule or what she was doing so she is pretty much giving the company a bad name.
fun place to work
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2018
i was a delivery driver
it was fun i didn't have to stay in one spot for a long time
management was great
hardest part is finding people places in apt
Pros
staff
Cons
finding apartments
Sucked
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Everything sucked. managers were a joke. Pay was a joke. Hours were a joke. Sanitation was a joke. Customer service was a joke. Everything was a joke.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight