Papa John's Employee Reviews

Found 7,633 reviews matching the search See all 8,483 reviews
fun environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJanuary 16, 2019
it was fun working at papa johns but they dont pay much by hour, so had to move on to something else, schedule is flexible sometimes sometimes its really tight, depends on work volume.
Pros
free lunch sometime
Cons
short breaks
High School Job
IN STORE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 16, 2019
This was a job just to make some money in highschool. I personally did not like working in fast food and new it was only a temporary job till i could fiind something better.
Pros
free meals
Cons
manager was rude
productive fun/flexible
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Pueblo West, COJanuary 15, 2019
Papa John's is helpful in teaching how to improve work habits and evolve into a better employee. Very nice managers/ co-workers very friendly and helpful staff.
Fast paced environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Learned all my customer service skills here. Manufactured and delivered pizzas all day. The manager was a bit over angry at times. Nothing too hard to do. I enjoyed making tips.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No time allowed off
Not health inspection ready. Uses expired product that's against corporate rules. Saroj and Manju Investment franchise is a joke. Don't work here.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJanuary 15, 2019
Management is a joke. Food safety is nonexistent. Last health inspections for whole Philadelphia Markets is early 2016. Unsafe and rusty equipment. Even used fecal matter exposed product and served to customers; I refused and walked out that day. I just got fed up and resigned. No one should EVER order or work at one of these stores because it will disgust and upset you as it did me.
Pros
free food
Cons
unsafe food, unsafe conditions, no benefits, no consistent scheduling, no advancement
Fast paced productive and stressful
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAJanuary 15, 2019
Job usually entailed calming very angry customers. Other than that, usually fast paced and fun. Management typically sucked. Good place to start for a first job. Hard work is rewarded with quick advancement of the food chain
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, bad management and angry customers
fast paced friendly environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJanuary 15, 2019
They have expertise at getting along with the customer.They provide the community with the finest quality pizzas at an affordable price.Popular for using fresh ingredients always.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Learned a lot
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INJanuary 15, 2019
I lean red how to work with my team members and how do get a long and pick things up fast. And how to handle situations. I try to learn new things and better myself in a work environment.
Pros
I got a 50% off
Cons
We had dinner rushes
Busy environment over ruled by egos and favoritism
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2019
I like the job as a pizza maker. It’s fun and interesting. The problem at papa johns is, there is no team work. The employees at papa johns only care about themselves. No one wants to help one each other progress and achieve great accomplishments that come with the job.
Pros
50%-100% off discount
Cons
Not enough pay. Hours are bad.
Easy but not worth the pay.
Instore (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTJanuary 14, 2019
While working at Papa Johns, i made friends and foes. Most of the other workers were nice and really helped me if I needed it when I first started. While working there i only made 7.50 and at the time i was still in High school but I was also paying rent. It was a struggle which is why I left.
Pros
Team discount and the occasional free pizza
Cons
Bad pay
Good job
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Good job, good tips, good management. Nice place to work. Flexible hours. Have to pay for your own gas which adds up but tips make up for it. Overall recommend it
Papa Johns
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
A Fun and interactive place to work.
Good management, and work associates.
Task are ready and prepared.
Happy customers every visit and delivery.
Overall good store.
It wasn't the best job I had honestly
Order Taker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2019
This job was stressful. I felt like I was always being rushed to do something if it was cleaning windows, folding boxes, etc. If you like making pizza then this job is for you
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Fast paced work but enjoyable
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Very fast paced work but you will feel as though you accomplished something by the time you leave at the end of your shift. Can get very hectic and stressful.
Good Food
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Good place to work while in college. they had very flexible work hours to work around peoples class schedules, and even offered split shifts to people that wanted it.
Folding and Stocking
Folding and Stocking boxes (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed working at Papa John's because my employees where very friendly people. I had a awesome manager.Everyone there was just easy to get along with.I liked folding the boxes it was a real easy job to do
Pros
Long break hours
Cons
Short break hours
Papa John's
Senior CSR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2019
Great people to work with .Hard to advance if you are not within a specific group.
A typical day at work could be relaxed or hectic depending on the issues that happened overnight within the online ordering system. Most of the time fun but overall never consistent.
Alright first job
Insider (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Papa John's is a good first job and that's about it. I got paid minimum wage with a small chance of a raise. We also got employee discounts on food. The people I worked with were sweet and 5 years later, I'm still friends with them.
Pros
great people
Cons
short breaks
It really is a great company to work for.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVJanuary 13, 2019
I spent many years as an insider and a driver there between the years of 1996 and 2013, off and on. There was a strong emphasis on teamwork and good management, which made everything run much more smoothly than many other places I've worked and oftentimes the crew really pulled together and had some pride in their work. This is a real rarity in food service but somehow they do it. I would very much recommend working for the company if it's just a job you're looking for. As for a career, look elsewhere. Management seemed pretty dead-end and fairly thankless. Sorry to say, guys, but you could treat your people better. Then again, who couldn't these days?
Pros
Great team-building and effective management
Cons
Not a lot in the way of benefits or upward mobility
Worst management of any place I have ever worked.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJanuary 12, 2019
First manager would just hit on every girl who worked there, never did his job correctly, which was so simple that a toddler could do it, and talked about how he wanted to cheat on his wife, along with our co-manager who would flirt with me non-stop and basically told me to dump my fiance. Second manager fired me for being late all the time even after my other manager would tell me how me being late 5-10 mins was okay i just couldnt be 30 mins late. I was only ever 30 mins once and I called ahead of my scheduled time to let them know. I was never given a warning or a verbal for being late. No one ever talked to me about it unless they were saying "its ok as long as youre not 30 mins late". I've witnessed co-workers call off more than twice in one week but when I was fired, one of the reasons besides "being late" was that I called off twice in a month. Obviously they like to play favorites. Horrible management. Whatever you do, DONT WORK HERE.
Pros
Slow and relaxed because of lack of orders on certain days.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.6K
32.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Papa John's.

Powered by Comparably