Papa John's Employee Reviews

Found 7,397 reviews matching the search See all 8,206 reviews
it was a good place to work
Cashier, make line, pizza prepper, maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 17, 2018
making pizzas was just not my over all long term goal. Papa Johns a good place to work if you are energetic and love food. I also liked my boss I approve
Unacceptable
SALES ASSOCIATE/DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Byram, MSNovember 17, 2018
I did not enjoy the work environment or the attitude of the management. Many employees shared the same discomfort at the state of affairs at Papa Johns.
Good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GANovember 17, 2018
I liked the management and the environment. The hours were also good. It was a laid back job that didn’t ask for too much. Overall I loved the experience there.
Not at all satisfied
Worker (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 16, 2018
My worst work experience was in papajohns company. 8 hours work that start from 5 pm to 1 am. Every day more than 100 miles drive.For 2 hours dishwashing and cleaning the store. Every day I have to give 10 dollars to Gas.But the maximum of my income in every night be 30 dollars.Working in this company make for me 2 or 3 dollars per hour. I am looking for every kind of jobs. I think every job is better than papajohns delivery.
Pros
No need to know English at top level.
Cons
All cases
Review
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2018
Management was great but it was just a second job for the holidays it's nothing to try and make a career out of but good for a second job or just to earn a few bucks here and there
A fun and flexible job for someone seeking higher education.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2018
I typically helped to cook, cut, and deliver pizzas while maintaining a till and struggling for tips. I learned a lot about customer service and diligence. The management was helpful and flexible while I was in school. It was always a fun environment despite the extremely fast pace sometimes. I really enjoyed the comradery that was felt between team members there.
Pros
Fun, Freedom, Flexibility
Cons
Not a lot of pay, No room for career advancement
Reorganized beverages inventory produces,processing, shortening process time by 30%.Designed and implemented a new Food serving strategy.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDNovember 16, 2018
Customer service experience getting to know the mangers of other company. I believe it wasn't a hard part but somewhat just doing my job making sure the customer's satisfacted . The most enjoyable things meetings knew people also learning.
Pros
Chance to work two jobs
Cons
Seasonal
Easy work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 16, 2018
On a typical day at work I do a number of different things around the store. All ranging from things like counting money drawer and recording earnings to answering and resolving customer complaints.
Ive learned a lot of things about customer services over the past couple years through my experiences at Papa Johns. I would say hardest part of my job is working the long hours just to make ends meet.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
poor wages
Horrible place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 16, 2018
Management is terrible. Can’t keep anyone because of their racist, sexist, pervert they have as a night shift manager. No one has any idea what they’re doing. Worked there for a year and a half and only talked to my supervisor 1 time. Place is discusting and they don’t clean anything properly. I’ve watched people pick dough off the ground and put it on a pizza.
Pros
You’ll probably be gm in a few weeks, free food
Cons
Ignorant pervert
Not a job you can grow in
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  7700 hwy 6 N, Houston, TX 77095November 16, 2018
Papa John's was not a place you can grow in, maybe an okay job for someone in high school but was not a place that you can walk away from without thinking you could be somewhere better due to having a manager with poor people skills and uninspired coworkers and disrespectful customers.
Friendly and family style environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDNovember 15, 2018
Although long hours and extended days, you get a since of satisfaction when you get repeat customers and employees that enjoy coming to work. Through vigorous training the company actually helps you excel and build confidence in your ability to lead. Overall I enjoyed my time with this company...
Sometimes productive.
Insider (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 15, 2018
It was my first job so it was all I knew but the longer I stayed the more it deteriorated. The only good times were when it wasn’t that busy and I could play music and prepare for dinner rush.
Cons
No breaks, stressful
Nice places to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 15, 2018
Just. Pay attention and ask questions.Always look like you’re doing certain. Then do something. Hope the manager. Make lots of money. Have fun don’t wreck don’t drop pizzas
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Lots of driving. Not good for vehicles long trem
Fun and Fast Pace Work Space
Delivery driver/Shop member (Former Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 15, 2018
I loved working at Papa John’s. My manager was the best, and my coworkers were cool too. Everyone was so kind and everything felt cohesive and natural. I made a lot of money in tips, got to drive listening to my music, and met new people every day.
Pros
Drivers paid nightly, awesome team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  BastropNovember 14, 2018
Hiring from within keeps people motivated to work harder. Friendly environment makes people feel welcome and comfortable. Policies are followed but not in a strict manner.
Tension at the workplace among employees.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 14, 2018
For the most part a fun job. Hiring was a smooth process. Coworkers were willing to share their knowledge and easy to work with. I would recommend this job to others.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Assistant managers are responsible for their own training which was a little tricky.
Not bad for a High School student
In store Insider (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYNovember 14, 2018
This location I feel would be better if new management were put into place, but definitely not too horrible if you are looking for just a few hours a week. As most restaurants, coworkers and managers are a complete nightmare, and if you are a Store Insider and sent out to put fliers on doors or windshields, just kiss all your gas goodbye. They do not reimburse any of it.
Pros
Occasionally management makes a pizza for staff
Cons
If working the make table and it is only the managers and yourself, do not expect any help no matter how crazy it gets
eh its alright
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 14, 2018
not very fun, lots of drama. there was always to much going on and if we were slow we would be sent home. had to come in on most holidays and also had to drive in the snow
is extremely boring
Cook (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GANovember 14, 2018
papa johns is a great place fo rhigh school students. but as i am not in high school anymore i need a more serious job and a more serious pay check. if you are looking to work at a papa johns become a driver. not a insider.
Pros
easy
Cons
busy
Good place to work. Nice people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 14, 2018
I performed customer service and food preparation at Papa Johns. I enjoyed the work and interaction with people. I would recommend it to friends. I like the pizza.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.5K
32.1K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss