Papa John's Employee Reviews

31.9K
Found 6,786 reviews matching the search See all 7,530 reviews
Fun job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 21, 2018
Great Team to work with, fun and fast-paced good manager very friendly and fair with everyone and moreover clean and positive environment, i enjoy the driving part
No hours, low pay, competitive,
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 21, 2018
Everyone is in a race to grab andelivery or phonecall first. Especially front register because that’s where you can make tips. All be it not many. Was confused whole time I worked there never properly trained. Given all answers to online training quiz.
Pros
Discounts on food. Free mistake food.
Cons
Bad pay bad hours bad management
Simple College Job
Food Preparation Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 20, 2018
Very typical college job. Shifts would usually be 5 to 10 hours long with peak business hours around noon and 6:30 pm. Typically a morning manager and a night manager are scheduled per day throughout the week with the exception of a mid day manager on the weekends. The workplace culture was laid back and casual, but when it got busy, everyone would keep their cool and complete the tasks at hand. This job was not very difficult and my skills did not apply to the base level of making food to order. However, I found that I could use my knowledge of lean manufacturing as well as 5S to reduce amount of food waste, improve employee functionality, and reduce customer complaints. The part I found most enjoyable about this job was the general manager and district manager praised my ability to keep our food order costs low as well as being able to maintain a process for other employees to follow.
Pros
Easy job, paid weekly
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Great Mangement in allen st Pap Johns
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2018
Had a really good and understanding General Manger in Papa Johns of Springfield Allen St 01118. Also very comfortable work space. To add to this we had very good connection with our customers.
Fun
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 19, 2018
Overall as a first job i enjoyed working at papa johns very much, creating different pizzas was an amazing experience I recommend it to most of my friends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay
Pizza Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, PA 17345July 19, 2018
We all helped where ever needed. We looked out for each other. And sometimes a crew pie!

You were able to request change in schedule and time off.
Pros
Free pizza
job exsperience
Insider/Shift Leader/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 19, 2018
this job gave me perspective working well with my fellow employees learning alittle about the buisness easy to get to with transportation and the customers were very nice
Pros
easy to get to with only having to take one bus
Cons
sometimes the managers that come in were not really helping or doing good job
it would heip
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 19, 2018
Go in work see how big the dough court is and than have a meeting and go to work . I learn that management only care about them self .People did not work good together on the job it was not a good place to work they need alot of help in managermeny
Pros
free drinks and free pizza once a month
Cons
short breaks and hrs
Papa Johns
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33801July 18, 2018
Papa Johns was such a great job to work at. If I could I would go back. It was a great place to work and make a family. I got to learn a lot of costumer service skills.
Slow work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 18, 2018
Mangers play around a lot , I applied for full time and only work 2-3 hours a day . I asked for longer hours and could not receive them because I do not know how to make pizzas . I don’t know how to make them because mangers play around and have not taught me .
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Hours, pay check, slow .
terrible
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Derby, KSJuly 18, 2018
i would never recommend working here it has been a long time but the manager at the time i was working there was very disrespectful and rude and inconsiderate.
It was great working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2018
Working at Papa John’s was a little uncomfortable for me due to me only being the 16 year old working there.. But it was a great job for it to be my first. I didn’t know how it would work out with my basketball schedule so thats why I left.
Poor
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCJuly 18, 2018
Lousy Company to work for. The boss expected the delivery drivers to do ALL the inside work(make pizzas, stock make table and cut table, cut veggies, wash dishes and make boxes as well as get the deliveries done on time .
Pros
Cons
Lousy boss, and below minimum wage pay.
Good place and people to work with.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2018
I would recommend this job for anyone that needs a part time to start getting experience and what not. The people are fair, the work is fair for pay. There is also the opportunity to ascend the workplace.
Fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work. Decent hours, good pay, tips, friendly coworkers. Good pizza, free pizza sometimes. Hard on mileage and gas. But maintence and mileage is covered in taxes.
It’s a good side job to make some extra money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 18, 2018
It’s not the highest paying job but it’s easy and good job to have some extra money in your pocket it’s simple fast paced it’s flecible hours and works Around ur schedule
Pros
Busy paced job
Cons
Not he highest paying job
Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 18, 2018
I learned how to meet labor predicted goals from sales, and how to schedule employees as well as how to handle customers in the imagine of the company you are representing.
Fun enviroment
Insider/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 17, 2018
I loved working at Papa Johns. Everyone you worked with as fun and the money as great. There was that occasional GM that though they were the Sh^t and didn't want to do anything but other than that it was amazing. They always promote from within as long as you followed all protocol.
Manager was great!!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2018
Typical day at papa johns was to receive customers in a friendly matter, work at a fast pace to get pizzas out as promised time, handle large amounts of money .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Most likely to work weekends
Part time position.
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CO 80003July 17, 2018
Part time position for prior to graduation from high school and starting collage. Employers were pleasant ant the staff was helpful. Some days were busy but not overly stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Papa John's.

Powered by Comparably