Papa Murphy's
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews for Artist

Artist27 reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,300 reviews

Like subway, but for pizzas

Great if you like pizza, you'll get a discount.However theres usually never enough staff scheduled, and if theres already a manager , good luck moving up

Good stuff

It was a good environment but and I do miss it sometimes. It taught me a lot about speed but it definitely felt like more of a high school job since it’s only part time.

Papa Murphy's insights

Based on 1,424 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Bad compensation but easy

It’s a fair place to work when you first enter the work force as a young person. But I wouldn’t work here as an adult, the compensation was terrible. I was paid 6.25 when I first started maybe 10 years ago only..

Worst Place I have ever worked for

I worked for this Franchise for about a week and a half and in that small amount of time I realized how awful it was. One manager brought her kids into work with her, they had no shoes on, were playing in the pizza dough, and crying and screaming when customers where in the store. The owner himself even said they shouldnt have been there but did nothing to reprimand employee. You get “tips” but there were several days at the end of my shifts when i didnt receive them from management cause they “forgot”. I found a MUCH better paying job and emailed the store to let them know I would be resigning because why put in a two week notice for a job I was still training in just to leave or to be fired on the spot when I told them about the new job? I received an email back from the owner himself cussing me out and basically calling me a liar which was the pinnacle of the unprofessionalism I witnessed. I then informed him I would be calling those above him to complain about his behavior and he didnt care stating to “complain to whoever you want” and after hearing from past previous employees of his, they have many stories of reusing pizza trays that had mold, to him acting like a psycho. For the low amount of pay its just a bad job with an awful boss and bad pay. I wouldnt suggest anyone working here honestly.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Unprofessional management, low pay, long hours with little breaks

Good

Working at Papa Murphys taught me patience, working as a team, and customer service. It was a fast paced job. I enjoyed making dough and flattening them.

Working at Papa Murphy's was was a good experience

Working at Papa Murphy's was a good experience with learning customer service, operating a cash register, learning proper sanitation and cleaning techniques and being part of a team.

Fun place to work; good starting job

It is an amazing entry-level job that gives good work experience for first-timers. They have very flexible hours and work well with students. I was able to come back after a year of working elsewhere.

Pros

Employee discounts, hours

Cons

Short breaks, partially unstable management

Fun place

Well they are not always with their words.. but i guess thats most business places.. Its just not a good place for me while getting promised a promotion that was never given

i dont want to write this

I was only a part timer, I went to work and made pizza and did the cash register. I doubt anyone reading reviews wants to read one from a part timer, they probably are not applying for a part time position if they are on indeed.

My Typical Day

A typical day, I would come in and count the registers to do our daily deposit, then would figure out everything that needed to be prepared for the work day. I would then begin prepping, while also running the front whenever we had customers come in.

good

was pleased with the bosses and company they handled everythign even when i was hurt had no problems there at all would recomend to anyoine fora starting job

Pizza on a bagel means pizza anytime

I worked this job throughout college and got free pizza for almost 2 years. That being said, I can't eat pizza anymore. The environment was super friendly, and the crew worked well together with the management. the atmosphere was relaxed and yet, we managed to get everything done before deadlines without fail. It was a great college job! 12/10 would recommend to a friend.

Great fun and easy place to work

you learn how to work in a fast paced environment without getting overwhelmed and stressed out. There are a lot of busy tasks and work to do all the time. The best part about this job is how fast the time goes by because of these busy work tasks.

Slow paced

Slow paced, never really busy. not enough business for them to pay well. You do a lot of standing around. Get an occasional free pizza. Good food though.

Made pizzas

It wasn't bad working there. Got free and discounted food. I would make pizza's, do dishes, stock the line. The management was alright hours were spotty sometimes. hardest park of the job was being on my feet constantly without breaks. Everyone was friendly but I always got stuck doing dishes, I liked chatting with people as I made their pizza.

Pros

discounts

Cons

dishes

Papa Murphys

Papa Murphys was definitely a good place to work as a high school student who needs very little hours. But as an adult with a family it is definitely not the best place to work. I remember always being happy and busting my booty to get the pizzas out the door for the customers to enjoy.

Easy, Helpful, Fun.

There's a lot to learn in a job like this. Plenty of prep and moving fresh ingredients. Like a mini-restaurant job. There's room for creativity everyday with all the pizza you'll be making!

Make pizzas

Make everything hand-made as much as possible. Very easy going, wonderful laid back people to work with. Management is cool as heck! Totally understanding of life problems.

Pros

Works with other scheduling, Laid back, Fun

Cons

Not able to exceed any farther. Ending job

best job

I have only worked here a few month but my experience has been great. the owners are great people my coworkers are so nice. the customers we get are so nice and I enjoy working here

Cheerful and Comfortable work place

It was always a team effort at getting all of our work done on time but it was almost never a stressful working enviorment as long as every person did their job an stayed focused.

Fun depending on which coworkers present

fast pace job, working as a team to insure satisfaction of customers, dealing with customers wasn't so bad with a team that had your back, no matter how crazy the customer was.

Pros

free pizza once a week

Cons

no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Papa Murphy's with

• Papa Murphy's
  • Artist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?