Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

Found 2,169 reviews matching the search See all 2,204 reviews
Can be stressful at times but enjoyable.
Dough/Pizza Maker, PIC (Former Employee) –  Madras, ORDecember 14, 2018
Having descent management and a work crew that is willing to work hard and work together can make all the difference in the work environment at Papa Murphys.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
No benefits, Barely any career advancements, Poor choice in management.
Decent starting job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Was a good job for me to get basic food handling and cashier experience as well as experience with customer service. It sadly had poor management and lack of advancement or raise
Will never work there again.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 28, 2019
Only thing I learned was decent food prep experience. Management was poor, promised raises that I never received, they would leave team members alone to close the store without a manager or supervisor.
Do not work for this company!!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 5, 2018
For one the advancement in a corporate store is little to none. The pay did not compensate the amount of work needed to run the store. They dont give raises accordingly. The amount of time put in the store was greater than the amount of time spent at home. Higher management did not do their job but hounded store GM like the crazy school girl that wouldnt leave you alone. District manager expected GM to treat the crew like royalty while GM was ran into the ground. District manager kept changing schedule even if the schedule was made properly. Machinary was never kept up to date and maintained. GM was expected to clean store while crew was not expexted to help. District manager would not let GM delegate tasks according to amount of work. GM was not allowed to reprimand crew for not following protocol. Not allowed to take vacation unless it was an emergancy. Practically no life outside of work and on days off district manager would make GM go in for piddly things the crew could've done. Probably the worst conpany to work for as a manager and i would not recommend working at Papa Murphy's to anyone who wants to advance their career. Also there are no holidays off except christmas and thanksgiving.
Pros
The only pro ia free pizza
Cons
Everything except free pizza
Cashier / customer service (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 9, 2019
Papa Murphys would be a great job for a high schooler or someone looking to get money on their free time. This place is fun to work at and you get a pay raise every 6 months.
This job was very, very stressful. As well as very hardcore.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 19, 2019
From my time at Papa Murphy's I had seen the best, and the worst of that company. I was one of the best employees they've ever had, and was told so by the owners, but didn't get any raises in return until I confronted the owners about the issues. Papa Murphy's wasn't all to good of a first time job. But it did give me great coustomer service skills. As well as made me a lot faster of a worker.
Cons
No free lunches, no healthcare, no benefits at all.
Dead end company
Shift Supervisor/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 27, 2018
Great job for students looking to make money, learn skills in the food industry from prep to customer service. Cutting cheese, making, proofing, and sheeting dough, cutting produce, and proper handling/store of ready to eat foods. Growth plateaus quickly from $9 to potentially $11 an hour mid level management. Not a great career job unless running a fine tuned store. Employee turnover can be quick to usually 4 years maximum due to wages and targeted student employees. Like most fast casual food eateries, get in learn, see if the growth is there for you and if you can handle the fast paced, higher up pressure for numbers, and training of new employees regularly. If you have bills, afford to live solo/spouse/child, it may not be a long time career. Cost of living is far higher than compensation for the industry. Current owner and manager lack ability to properly run store.
Pros
Face paced, fun industry
Cons
Pay, higher managment, quick turnover
Fun to work, but difficult to work with management
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXDecember 4, 2018
The owner lost his gm to another store b/c of the pay. Then I decided to leave b/c I would never get enough as a gm making a low salary. It is a nice place to work, and really nice customers. It's just the management in store was horrible.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
No healthcare
Enjoyable coworkers but unreliable upper management
SENIOR SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 15, 2018
The job is demanding in the labor department and customer service department. The coworkers are enjoyable and overall the customers are not the sole problem but the upper management needs improvement. The days are repetitive while still being unpredictable to some degree. Overall all the crew is the most enjoyable part of the job as well at the flexible schedule.
Pros
Half off pizzas and free waste
Cons
No benefits, unpredictable workers, demanding labor
Relaxed and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 10, 2018
This is a great place to work if you want a laid-back part time job. There aren't a lot of opportunities for raises, but the work is fairly easy except for Tuesdays.
Pretty good
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2018
Paid alright, pretty simple job, busier locations are harder. Make pizzas, be on phones or register, clean, pretty basic stuff. Nothing to special, might have to remind your boss to give you a raise after working long enough.
Pros
50% off, wont be laid off
Cons
Lots of standing, diffrent locations run diffrent, low pay
business owner
Owner/President (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed having the shop, I loved the interactions with our regular customers. The hours were long, but I had a great staff. I wish we could have stayed open longer, but it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
great staff, easy work
Cons
no benefits, long hours
Productive and fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJanuary 14, 2019
It's a good place to work. Great for young people looking for an entry-level job. Could use benefits for all employees though. Very flexible hours. Uniforms are provided and half price meals
Good Highschool Early College Job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 27, 2018
Provided a steady source of income as a first job while attending Highschool and college. Usually only possible to work part time, no benefits, and difficult to advance.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, low pressure, food discounts
Cons
No benefits, part time only, low pay
Productive and fun workplace
Clerical Worker/ Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 6, 2018
Made friends and had fun here but the pay was a little low for the work put in. A typical day depends on the shift. I worked after 2 o'clock pm on most days. It starts slow and you get in to do all the prep work. Then in a few hours its rush hour which is stressful if you are new but very doable when everyone is working together. You end the shift if you are closing by cleaning up etc. You can usually get out around 9:30 to 10 depending on how efficient you are.
Pros
Nice customers/ Nice workplace
Cons
Low Salary
Shift Supervisor/Crew - Food prep (Former Employee) –  BoiseSeptember 24, 2018
Fun people, work isn't bad. Don't make much money though, I left after I didn't receive a raise for over a year and when I asked for one they told me maybe fifty cents if I stay another year. Also not much room to move up
Good wotk environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIOctober 22, 2018
I was working at Papa Murphys for around 8 months at the standale location and i loved every bit of it. the benefits of a free meal everyday was nice too.
Papa Murphys
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 18, 2018
Papa murphys is a great stepping stone to move on to a full service restaurant , I enjoyed my time here but the compensation for hours worked isnt very fair.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Long days, low pay, high school employees
Great workplace to gain basic experience.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 28, 2018
Working here for your first job is a great plan. You gain experience in multiple different areas, they also work with your school schedules. They have opportunities for promotions and raises.
Don't work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willows, CAAugust 26, 2018
Don't waste a single ounce of your life working here. You will get nowhere.

I worked here for three years and I only got one raise.
Hours were inconsistent, to the point where I went from ~30 hrs a week to 9hrs.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.