Papa Murphy's

Papa Murphy's insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

The people were great

Worked there a while ago now, and don't think any of my crew is still there, but we were a small family when I was. Best crew I've ever worked with. Still miss it

Pros

The people

Cons

Part time and low pay at the time

Easy job

Was an easy place to work compared to other food service positions. Pay isnt great but otherwise a good place. Moving up to supervisor or manager positions is doable, given openings and your performance.

Pros

Flexible, easy work

Cons

Pay, uniform

Great place to work when you are just getting started in the workforce.

I have worked for papa Murphy's for over 5 years. It was my first job, and I have really enjoyed working here. The schedule is very flexible, the hours are great for high school/college students, and the work is easy.

Productive and fun environment

Good place to work and have fun with co workers. Great for a high school/college job. Typical day at works includes morning prep of all the food items to make pizza for the day followed by making pizzas for customers the rest of the day and cleaning up the store for closing.

You are replaceable dot for get that

There whole vibe is don’t feel special don’t feel like your good a your job cause your replaceable. I worked there for two years learn everything I could followed the papas standard perfectly. Needed to take a planed 2 weeks off to freaking get married and they could not work with me at all. It was clear. Take the time off, no longer have a job. Screw that place.

Pros

Easy

Cons

No posible vacation payed or not.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Fine

Good place to work. Owners work with you when it comes to hours. If you show up and do your job you will be rewarded. If you are good to the owners, they are good to you.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Unpaid breaks

The owner is a good guy and was fun to work with. The shift I had let me talk with a lot of good locals while working with good coworkers. It was a very decent job to have.

Alright

It was okay, pretty standard for what you would expect for a pizza place, but I probably wouldn't want to work there again. Management was okay though.

Productive or slow it depends on the day of week. Basic cooking skills needed

Don’t stay here everyones right this place isn’t worth the stress for little pay. You will be expected to learn all areas without pay advancement. Such as counting the money in the register, doing inventory, preparing vegetables and pizza dough, taking phone orders, working alongside competitive coworkers.

Pros

Free pizza lots of Sitting

Cons

Rude customers & rude fat manager

Bad pay, unfair owner

Owner was not an easy person to deal with and throughout my time here I felt I was not being compensated what I was worth. I did have a very good manager though and most of my coworkers were decent.

Pros

employee discount, coworkers

Cons

everything else

Jobs at Papa Murphy's

See more jobs

Horrible management

Was purchased by new people and my pay was cut almost immediately while they also wanted me to assume more responsibility. 11 out of 12 employees left very soon after, many had been there for 4+ years.

Pros

Cons

horrible management

Easy fun job

It’s an easy job that pays pretty well and doesn’t take much physical or mental work. Great for high school or college kids in looking forward a job not in management

Good Place..But its JUST A JOB

I love working for this company. Very flexible on hrs and working around your life. But there is no real training and you fly solo a lot as upper management is doing their own thing. There is no real advancement or career path here but its pay the bills and a low stress level Jo .

Pros

Work Life Balance Low stress

Cons

No advancement

Ups and downs

On slow days, job was fine. Lots of cleaning and busy work but I would take busy work over the stressful busy times where there’s no room for error and all the employees are stressed out over counting pepperonis and lost tickets.

Ok pay,Bad management

Manager was not open to anything that’s wasn’t positive. Tips were split in an unconventional way, but coworkers were always pleasant and fun to be around

fun work but will not get any promotion or raise

It was a great and fun place to work at while I was there. Everyone got along pretty well with each other and it was going just fine. Tell I started doing most the manager work and wasn't getting payed for it or even a promotion to keep me there.

Pros

sometimes get to play your own music

Cons

really no breaks unless you just took it yourself.

Was terrible And didn’t work around my availability. People here really didn’t care about their jobs I would be left sitting for half an hour at a time waiting for somebody to let me in in the mornings, would ask for morning shifts but they would schedule me closing shifts. There was literally mold in our store and my manager had me go prep for the next day instead of addressing the situation like I was.

Great first job.

This was my first job and I enjoyed it. I had 2 promotions while I was there and I felt there was plenty of opportunity to grow from working at this company.

A place that relies on young adults to run a store because they don’t want to pay fair wages

I was the manager of Papa Murphy’s for 3 years, I was promoted to shift leader within a month, and was the General Manager within a year, the employee turnover is insane because they do not want to pay people. They have unreasonable labor expectations as well.

Pros

50% off pizza

Cons

Insanely stressful

Easy job, can be stressful at times

My store was run by amazing people which definitely helped offset the bad customer and higher up management. Usually 2-3 people per shift but all hands on deck for Tuesday’s. They are not fun and can be really stressful and take a toll on your joints from the work

Pros

flexible schedules

Cons

no breaks

Productive But Overtime Is Real

At first, the job seemed exciting but as i walk in there I didn't feel welcome by any of the employees. They looked stress and just over it and I kind of second guessed my decision but as I started to get better at my job, I felt overworked. The employee team was overall a toxic environment that I didn't want to be a part of.

Pros

Good tips

Cons

Tiny break room, no discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Papa Murphy's with

• Papa Murphy's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?