Papa Murphy's

United States3,272 reviews

Found 3,272 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,323 reviews
papapizzadoughdiscountprepstorecrewfood

Fun environment

The day to day was fun and the customers were mostly great. However, even after 5 years and being a key carrier I only made $8.25/hr. I asked for a quarter raise and was told there wasn’t room in the budget. There were no yearly reviews or chances for a raise either.

First job of mine

Papa Murphy's was my first job, so it was not the ideal experience. My coworkers were not fun to be around, they often made inappropriate jokes. I was usually stuck doing the menial tasks like sweeping and dishes. The job gave me structure and I learned responsibility, but it was not a fun job for me.

Pros

Convenient location

Cons

Short breaks, bad pay, bad work environment

Papa Murphy's insights

Based on 1,482 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

dishwasher

nothing it's a good place to work I work there as a dishwasher and I love it helped me not to be in the hospital or stay at home and It give me something to do

Typical

Easy to learn. It's fast food, but without the drive-thru. You go in, you do your job, and you leave. Some days are very slow, and some are very fast. You have to go with the flow.

Pros

discounted pizza

Cons

no hot ovens

Absolute mess

Management run by teenagers and everyone was so lazy. Very messy and not up to covid standards either. The bare minimum cleaning only and coworkers often messed around their whole shift.

Good first job

Making pizzas and cleaning up after your self. Food prep and dough making in the mornings. Hardest part is keeping up with orders during a rush. Pay is ok for the work. Not a forever job.

Depends on your manager

Good company, have had some great coworkers. I've worked with several managers and it really depends per store whether or not you're going to have a good experience. Fairly easy to move up position wise if you're reliable.

Pros

employee discount, tips, regular customers

Cons

management

Promised advancement

Although I was promised advancement, it never happened. This work is tough day in and day out so although I was given responsibility of higher rank, I never received the title or raise.

Easy job great hours

They are very flexible whether your in school or not. They close at 8 which is amazing. You get lots of downtime when the store is not busy and can practically do what you want. The managers are all nice. Plus you get tips so not only do you get a decent base wage u also get tips. The only con that I have is that the base wage isn’t as high as other places but the tips make up for that as well as all the downtime you have.

Low pay for High responsibility and inconsistent hours

It was an amazing job to start out on as a 16 year old but as i'm getting older and college is approaching the pay and inconsistent hours just isnt for me anymore. Recently managers were moved to hourly which took away our tips which is where crew got most of there money. I adore the people just not how the company or management works

Fun but slightly stressful work

Papa Murphys is a fun but stressful environment. You have plenty of time to talk and meet new people. But at certain points it can be quite difficult to get personal time, it was sometimes difficult to get family or personal time due to my work schedule

Great place to learn

I learned so much while I was there and I am very grateful for the management who took the time to take me under their wing and show me the ropes. I suggest that if you are looking for a good place to work that you go to Lakeway papa Murphy's

Terrible management

Starting pay was only $8 hourly, management consisted of 17-19 year old kids. Got put on the schedule after requesting days off prior to giving a one one months notice and got very few hours.

Good starting out job.

Pretty ok. I did it at 16. I just wanna be able to read job reviews so I have to write this. Fine for a starter job or for a student. Some managers do not treat employees great. It all depends.

never again

I've come back and left after being used and abused like a dirty kitchen linen rag. the pay is horrible, the staff is unmotivated, the management is a joke, and the food isn't cared for. I've been forced to serve things prepped in a way I would even feed a starving dog.

Fun work environment and lovely people

I got my first job here and to say it was the easiest thing I had ever done is an understatement. Most shifts you saw maybe 10 people at most. The job was fun and you were guaranteed to be out on time every single night. I frequently hung out with my coworkers outside of work and thoroughly enjoyed their company. Management was great and everyone was friendly. Except the occasional angry customer. Otherwise the job was great and a good learning experience.

Pros

Slow, good people and good management

Cons

Angry customers, not a lot of hours

Fun easy

It's was honestly not a bad job just wished it payed more.....at my location alot of angry people...but overall easy and fun.

Great environment

Enjoyed working just wasnt able to continue due to health concerns i have bad carpal tunnel so the job just wasnt for me management was great and worked well with my other accommodations

Fun

Fun while going to school but not much growth opportunities. Great place to get some experience with customers and pizza making skills. Definitely love there pizza

Terrible

Management is very unprofessional, if you feel unsafe due to and employee or anything it doesn’t matter. They don’t care about the well being of their crew.

super easy

super easy and pay was good for a high schooler. i was making $10/hr to do basic tasks and help people! would recommend for someone with a busy schedule like high schooler / college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Papa Murphy's with

Papa Murphy's reviews by popular job title

• Papa Murphy's