Papa Murphy's
Coronavirus update

Papa Murphy's Employee Reviews

United States2,866 reviews
Found 2,866 reviews matching the search
Good balance of life and work
The schedule was managed very well. However there was no room for pay raises and or moving up in positions. The other employees were good people of character, and everyone worked together as a team
It is a very simple job as long as you put your head down and you are a hard worker. It is a good place to start at the bottom and work your way up because they strive on promoting from within.
Manager was terrible
Manager shut down the store without ever telling me and didn't give me my final check until almost a month later. Employees were left alone most of the time and the manager did not schedule enough employees so often we were short handed.
Great First Job
If you are looking to get almost all the experience you would need in any type of job, Papa Murphy's does well. You will learn customer service, working under pressure, food services, etc. Most jobs will give you one or two skills, while this one gives so much more.
Great first Job
Long days, feeling responsible for upper managements downfalls, meeting some of the nicest people and some of the most un-nice people, better sense of urgency, easy to improve and learn new things.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Standing the entire time. Coworkers help one another succeed. Boss is very nice.
I think that working at Papa Murphy's really helped me grow as a person. It especially helped me adult in many ways. I was offered the job and took up the opportunity right away. I was able to have Sundays off and I really appreciated that. Those who asked for Sunday off for church and family were also able to take it off. I stood the whole time. There were no chairs for the employees. But I didn't mind that. You move around a lot and don't actually have a lot of time to sit around. You are always moving, preparing pizzas or other foods we provided. The work force was made of all teenagers. I had a hard time getting along with them as it was not the company's top priority to make sure everyone was getting along. I was called stupid once for messing up with change count and felt very diminished by my manager. I was always willing to take a shift, but I was hardly covered myself. I only worked the summer and was very glad to be out of that mean environment.
Good for a first job
The job is okay if you’re just getting a job for some extra cash or to kill free time, most people will skip out on responsibilities and put it to someone else to take care of. I felt like my time there was shadowed by previous employees being favorited over others. Situations with customers usually hard to resolve due to the bad layout of the companies menu/pricing.
Pros
Very easy job
Cons
No teamwork, no communication
Blurry
The only company I've been hired at to change Management/Ownership over 2-3 times in the short while I was there. The pace was alright and the tasks were taken care of in stride. Employee appreciation would've been greatly needed
Opportunity For advancement
Opportunity for advancement. Values customers and sales. Learned a lot of what it takes to keep a business running, including: keeping books and schedules, ordering product and keeping up on waste, etc.
Not bad at all
I only worked there for a short time and left for reasons non-work related. The job was actually great once you got into it. Nice customers and nice co-workers.
Fun Place
Park City management was fine until new owners came in and fired all management. Fun place to work, good for first jobs, a lot of younger high school students working here.
Overall good
Nice first job or beyond. I worked there 8 years and worked up from crew member to store manager. Had some issues with higher ups but overall enjoyed my job. It can get busy and fast paced.
its a minimum wage job but a great first job. Fair raises based on work and the managers/owners are family and believe in that the most. And make sure the customers are treated fairly as well.
Typical day at work
Fun place to work. It can get pretty busy and be really fast paced. They are good working with school schedules. You learn a lot when you are there somethings might be challenging but not too hard.
Fun, Energizing, Busy
Papa's is a place that is great for a teenager. Most workers are young and non-experienced in the workplace, which can make it a very stressful environment. Papa's offers a great environment for young people to get their first promotions and pay raises. The opportunity for leadership rolls are tremendous and make you feel worthy. Work can become extremely stressful in the blink of an eye if something wasn't prepared or got forgotten about. Customers that usually come to these establishments are family's and older people looking for good deals.
Overall nice place to work
I worked for a franchised papa Murphy’s. The owner was very nice and willing to work through any work problems anybody had. My manager was great and I was able to form lifelong friendships with most of my coworkers. We had a very strong family-like bond between everybody, and was a fun work environment to be in.
The people there are kind and funny. The work system is productive.
My time at Papa Murphy's was a great experience for a first time worker. The pay there was good, it was minim wage to be more precise. And the manger was kind and focused.
productive and fun enviroment
the work was fun and a great first job, most the customer are nice and workers are very helpful. Managers were very helpful and always looked out for my best interest.
Fine place to work as a teenager
I liked that I did not have to clean any dishes, and my manager was good. Sometimes we didn't have enough people, but most people who worked there were nice, and we got to know our regular customers.
fun
one of the best jobs ever . had so much fun and learned a lot about being in the work force. the management was amazing. I have so much to say about this place
show up and do your job
Many people don't take fast food part time work very seriously so make friends and do your job and that's it. Working a Papa Murphy's is easy they don't even cook the pizza.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa Murphy's. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6