Paper Transport, Inc (PTI) Employee Reviews

very entry level position, good for foot in the door
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 20, 2018
apt title is Ops support rep. little to no room to "manage": process development/creative
solutions/collaboration. inconsistent/toothless HR policies.
Pros
Original owner understands trucking, potential if they put ideals into practice
Cons
upper management out of touch with day to day on team, no follow-up after concerns raised, little sense of appropriate transparency levels by upper management, safety managers could and did edit drive time, general overselling of dm role and company culture in interview, more static than dynamic, fear-induced culture based on multiple terms
Great place to work!
Relay Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIAugust 19, 2018
Good company to work for, a company paid benefits. You can't beat that!
The former driver manager was great, the recent driver manager doesn't care about safety, she pushes you to make runs that are are not achievable within available time...I believe she is kinda new in the business. And with time she will get it right. Above all, PTI is a great company to work for!
Pros
Company paid benefit
Cons
N/a
What Drives You
Safety Manager & Driver Development (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 8, 2018
Great work and personal balance, working with drivers and helping them to develop and educate them in there skills. Learned a lot about insurance claims and the process and FMSCA regulations, CSA, Drive cam events and analytics of driver behavior, on going changing technology in the equipment.
Pros
work personal balance
Cons
healthcare benifits
Nice Place to Work
MARKETING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 8, 2018
When I started everything was all set for me from an organized training schedule to my computer and all of my office equipment. The place is neat and clean.
Pros
New, clean and nice amenities for employees.
Cons
a bit of a silo mentality
Good job but limited on development
Safety and Driver Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 1, 2018
PTI has a nice and comfortable culture, but is extremely limited on advancements or promotions. The work is steady and well organized, but if you want to develop and advance (even slightly) it is next to impossible to accomplish. The pay is average - ,moderate, but it is secure work. PTI is a solid company that is not going away so job security is a plus.
If you want a solid role and are not to excited about moving upward, it is the place for you.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Limited growth potential
Truck driving
Over the Road Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaMarch 14, 2018
PTI is a very good job for trucking and have and keep new equipment and keeps up on maintenance very well. The management and safety is very good people to have on your team. PTI keeps you busy and that means great earnings
Pros
Very good equipment.
Cons
I have no cons to tell.
Cameras in trucks used improperly by safety.
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 13, 2018
Safety department works to harass drivers in order to justify their own jobs. They create division instead of promoting unity. If it were not for drivers. YOU have no job!
Pros
Good equipment.
Cons
Cameras in trucks.
Good People
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  DePere WIMarch 8, 2018
Great people to work with. Fast pace environment. Company tripled in size since I left. Management could have been better in some areas. Flexible and understanding when came to family.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Advancement
review
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 7, 2018
Good summer job as an intern. Treated me well and gave me fulltime work for the summer. I also have family that works there. I liked working on the tablets and helping them with this project.
Typical Day
Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAFebruary 4, 2018
A typical day starts by reviewing tractor trailer breakdowns that happened during the night and finding solutions for the ones that couldn't be handled. Fielding break down phone calls along with answering email messages from drivers with breakdowns. Keeping the operations team updated on when to expect repairs completed. Negotiating repair cost with vendors, following up with the operations team if units not going to be completed at the time originally given. Entering and closing repair invoices so vendors are paid on time. Preparing trucks for new drivers and mentoring them on the different features of the trucks.
good copany to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2018
was a good company, dispatch works closely to personal needs. They have updated equipment, new trailers, tractors are all within 3 years old. good quarterly safety bonuses
Paper Transport Inc
Yard Spotter (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 10, 2018
Paper Transport Inc. is a good company with the best of intentions for their drivers. However, PTI is a good example of a company who takes on business without the resources to properly meet the needs of its drivers. Their relationship with some very large companies has, in my impression, put them in a spot where they cannot get enough drivers quickly enough, and thus, their existing drivers are not free to move about the company into other accounts as promised at hire.
Pros
Excellent, late model equipment
Cons
Poor back office support, inability to move into different accounts until (your) spot is filled
Good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 15, 2017
This was my longest employ for any company. My schedule was M-F picking up at Georgia Pacific and delivered to customers in the region. Returned to GP with scrap paper. If I didn't have so many minor incidents, I'd still be working for them. The people in Green Bay were understanding, approachable. I had a good relationship with the safety director and was reluctant to let me go. I wish I could go back to work there, but I don't think it'll happen.
Part Time Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 4, 2017
Have nothing but good things to say about PTI. From a part time aspect they were great to work for. They were able to work with my schedule. The runs were good. If I didn’t have to relocate I’d still be working there
Young growing company
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 25, 2017
Young growing company. Great for college student or first time employment in the transportation industry.

Transportation is constantly changing and extremely fast paced, therefore this career can be stressful at times.
Pros
In house educaiton to help you grow within your professional environment.
Cons
Lack of advancement depending on what department you are in or who your leader is.
family oriented
Company Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 24, 2017
PTI is very family oriented, was treated as a name and family, not just a number. They will always do their best getting you home every night if you are a short haul driver.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Good
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2017
Pay good and pay if you quit a really good job have you working no more then 12 hours a day and get paid 1,000 a week try it you will love it only bad thing about it is sharing the truck the man I was sharing with was bad to me so I left
PTI What Drives You
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJune 18, 2017
As with all trucking companies and jobs there are difficulties. These folks actually do care about you and your family. They put forth the effort to help a driver, make a living, be home with family, and give a livable wage as possible
driver cedar spring
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 13, 2017
dedicated driver for cedar springs ga, yard need moore better trailers
need to give drivers moore then 1 day off this job burned me out having a family coming home cut my grass try to spending one day out of a week with my kids was not enough cannot drive the tractor home unless you lease it will have to leave your car on dirt yard and give it a good wash from the orange clay that blows all over it no security just a dark parking spot one street light. mostley your just off for that 34hr resetto that truck.
Pros
good pay
Cons
layovers at mills
First impression, a company of liars
Driver (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 3, 2017
No one in management or dispatching seems to have any previous experience with the industry, feels like a new company but they claim to be older. Recruitment speech mentions newer equipment but I was given one of the oldest in the fleet. Pay is terrible for the amount of time you're on the road and the horrible places you go. Required minimum miles per week is 2400 which is easy but they pile more on you if you like it or not. It's like a full time job but after your hired, surprise you have mandatory overtime every week forever. They claim to be driver oriented but aren't. You get dispatches a day or 2 in advance but if weather slows you down at all during the week you have to go home late on the weekend
Pros
Can't think of any. it's a paycheck so long as you can put up with them
Cons
everything I mentioned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paper Transport, Inc (PTI). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.6InHerSight Score

5.0Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight