Paper
Happiness rating is 81 out of 100

Working at Paper: 13 Reviews

United States13 reviews

Easy work, Good for part time. low hours, messy management

you get to pick when and how long you work, however its hard to get the hours you need. Management is a bit of a messy joke, but your fellow tutors are great and helpful.

Part-Time Job is Good for Students

I liked working as a tutor for Paper Tutoring because it was Work from Home and my coworkers were amazingly accepting and encouraging. My coworkers valued my work very much here.

Paper insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Sounds so promising but the reality's much different..

Paper offers tutors a great chance to earn decent money from the comfort of their own home by tutoring in various subjects via their virtual platform.What you don't learn until you're hired is that you cannot trust the company,management is not friendly or supportive and the workload is insane.You're not even allowed meal breaks until you've worked 5 or 6 hours and you must ask permission to even run to the restroom.They will assign various students at the same time and you must juggle all those sessions while not telling the students you are doing so.the pay sounds wonderful til you understand that they want you to do the work of 4 people while not being offered even basic amenities.Trained then resigned after seeing how chaotic and unstructured everything was. Have yet to receive compensation for the meetings and training although they promised I would.Think twice about working here.Turns out to be a bunch of empty promises in the end.

Pros

Excellent pay rate 401k Virtual position Chance to work with students from around the world

Cons

Crazy workload, Competing with other tutors for hours/essay reviews, Not being allowed even 5-minute breaks without permission, Feeling intimidated by upper management, a lot of unreasonable demands threats etc. from day one

Productive and interesting tutoring job

Productive and fun workplace. Flexible shift times and they provide comprehensive training before you begin the job. As a tutoring job, I would recommend it.

Great job

Great place to work! The work is rewarding and management are kind and understanding. Good part-time job for a student, but plenty of opportunities to advance as well.

Flexible scheduling. Supportive people.

Self scheduling: pick from blocks of hours (three separate blocks, about 10 hours each) and get assigned a shift within that (usually 4-5 hour shifts). Tutor students up to high school. While tutoring, you can refer to currently working coworkers on Slack for a collaborative effort... Supportive folks all about.

Overall, a good experience

Working with the students is very rewarding and coworkers are friendly and supportive. The culture really encourages asking each other for help when you need it and giving help without judgment, which is great for new employees. The flexibility is wonderful, I enjoy having the freedom to set my own schedule every week.On the downside, the pay is on the low end of the scale for this kind of job. There is some bureaucracy, like having to submit a service ticket to get your manager to contact you instead of being able to just email them. And it's a lot like a call center job in that you're tied to your computer for the duration of your shift and can't even use the bathroom without getting permission from a manager.Overall it's been a good experience, but there are a few things that could be improved.

Pros

Flexibility, positive company culture

Cons

Low pay, inability to easily take breaks

Good Place to Start

I love working at Paper! The flexibility of choosing when to work while maintaining a secure position and not be considered an Independent Contractor is amazing. Everyone is very kind and management is responsive!

Pros

Flexibility, Pay Raises, Great Culture

Cons

Summer Hours lack

Great workplace culture and flexibility but inconsistent pay

I love my job. The fact that I get to work with kids remotely and get paid is a huge bonus. If you travel, you can work from anywhere with a connection, so it is a great job if you’re looking for flexibility with time. The biggest con is the lack of consistent hours. Summer hours are bare bones, and during the year, your hours depend on the platform’s traffic, so it’s not dependable for your income. Overall, the culture and flexibility is worth it.

Pros

Flexible hours, remote work, nice people

Cons

Little room for raises, inconsistent hours, lack of support during the summer

Great flexibility, but lower pay

Paper.co is a 24/7 tutoring platform that allows employees to work from home and set their own hours, which is great! They are very organized and responsive to questions or concerns, offering general feedback on progress (to the larger team). My experience was good--the job was straight-forward: review students' essays. However, I didn't receive individual feedback (there were many employees, so working there felt more like being a cog in the machine). Also, the opportunities to grow within the company seemed limited.

Pros

Flexibility, remote work, good training/onboarding process

Cons

low pay, lack of advancement opportunities or individual feedback

If you like overnights you'll like this job

All around good company for the type of work. Days seem to go by pretty fast and they are very generous with breaks, especially during the hot summer days.

Pros

breaks

Cons

bad air conditioning

love working in the warehouse environment

Once clocked in i would grab a list of orders for a specific truck, fill that order using a pallet jack and/or forklift and continue onto the next list for the next truck. Management was great, everyone in general were a great group of guys. Hardest park of the job was making sure we had all product to fill all orders. What i most enjoyed was driving the forkifts.

Pros

Pizza party's on friday's

Cons

great benefits

Family First

Family owned company so very hard to move up. Working for the post office was great experience and my co-workers were great!

Common questions about Paper

Answered by current and former employees at Paper

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits