Par Mar Stores Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
nice
food prep, customer service, stocked and cleaned (Former Employee) –  Dailey, WVAugust 4, 2018
The team members and management team was nice and would work with you. They were understanding if you had to have days off and didn't ask any questions. The pay is only minimum wage.
Fun Work Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, OHJuly 23, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere , Great people to work with! As long as you do your job you will have no problems! Very easy job, Just not very challenging! All around great pace
advantcing company
District Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJune 15, 2018
growing company to fit your needs
rather looking for part-time to full-time
we have QSR's and retail stores.
interested in a career or extra family money
job opportunities check out our website
www.parmarstores.com

Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Kentucky
Customers made the job a little better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tarentum, PAJune 13, 2018
This company gives no opportunities to advance unless you stay for manager position, but managers are overworked.Minimum wage, and just job that leads to nowhere.
Great place to work!!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PAJune 12, 2018
I’ve been working with Parmar since 2006 to current! I started when I was 18 years old as a cashier. I currently am a supervisor and couldn’t be happier! It’s like most jobs that you start out as a cashier and work your way up. There’s lots of room for advancement as the company is rapidly growing. The people are friendly and the home office will help you with any issues you have! They offer health insurance and 401k if you are full time and 2 weeks vacation. The owner even offers Manager’s to attend a trade show for 3 days paid. It’s a great environment and has wonderful opportunities! I couldn’t ask for a better company to be with!
Pros
Benefits, great work environment, friendly faces
Cook (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WVJune 11, 2018
This was my first job. I loved working with the team and learning new things about working with the public and how to handle different situations. The manager was great in working with my high school schedule
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Union, WVMay 29, 2018
Par-Mar Stores create good jobs, greats stores, Etc. It doesn’t need alittle work on their employees not because they look suspicious, is because they do not co-operate most of the time.
Pros
Can Create your own time
Cons
Work chemistry needs alittle work
No Advancement, long hours.
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 20, 2018
I did the managers job on a daily basis, my manager worked at another store, while i did her job, no pay raise. Often worked for other workers, once worked a 33 hour shift. was lied to constantly about moving forward, when the time came, they refused me my promotion.
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVApril 9, 2018
Maybe if they would get a decent manager it wouldn’t be so bad but they can’t keep a manager or any employee on that note they don’t care about any of their employees
Pros
Laid back staff, Fast paced environment
Lead CSA (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 3, 2018
shifts were shared with 1-2 other employees after 3 months promotion to lead CSA is possible, no PTO or other benefits for anyone not in management. The gas station I was in was busy all the time because of location in Morgantown, WV.
Good temporary job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenova, WVMarch 24, 2018
Its a fun and friendly job for a temporary time. Work is simple and easy, and each day is must like the next. The people are great and as long as you do your job right and everything is smooth.
Wonderful as a part-time job
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 23, 2018
This job doesn't provide enough opportunity for more hours nor advanced placement within the company; it is most fitting as an "after-school" job or secondary employment due to the rigid, hierarchical management structure that the company has implemented.
Pros
Flexible with days; excellent management staff; adheres to state and federal policies, codes, and procedures
Cons
No scheduled breaks; low salary; limited weekly work hours
Great customer experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVFebruary 23, 2018
If you love working with people, you will love this job. Great work environment. The job is sometimes demanding, but you learn how to deal with pressure which is a great thing.
Not awful
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huttonsville, WVFebruary 19, 2018
Was a very easy job
Easily to learn all that is required of you
Only bad part is certain shifts are awful
Also there is way to much drama that is unnecessary and absolutely not needed in the work place
Dont work for this company
Clerk (Former Employee) –  OHFebruary 18, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this company to no one. I wish I have never worked there. There is no communication, especially on things that changes in your job. Supervisors are two faced, will ask for help and if they do help you, you might get written up. The district supervisors they are no better. The only thing I did learn more about computer programs working there. Do yourself a favor and don't go to work there.
Pros
did met a few nice people
Cons
No Communication, health insurance is too high can"t even put your spouse on it
Horrible Company-Horrible Leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 13, 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone, lots of corporate favorites. Men are favored for higher positions than women. President does not like women in higher level leadership. The Human Resources department does not back her Managers when it comes to problem employees.
Discrimination and Retaliation are common and HR does nothing, I assume out of fear for her job.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no support
Poor communication
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 7, 2018
I started off as a cashier and after a month I moved into the store manager position. I had previous management experience before this job.

I worked for this company for a year and a few months before I was terminated for approaching a situation.

This company is a decent company if you can handle working at minimum wage and not get a raise until you have been with them for a year. (Again that’s most jobs now days.)

The company has great benefits for their employees. My only down fall was being on salary and having to every shift that I didn’t have coverage for. I work many days and nights, and sometimes even both. The training by management is the most crucial training time for this job. Management is always there to help but unless you ask for it we never knew.

Communication was very poor. My supervisor overseen 12 stores. I was running a 24 hour location on my own while training a new manager and working midnight shifts 3 times a week. I was over worked and stressed. I asked my DM for help and none was ever given. My DM lived in PA and I worked in WV. I understand the needs of business and that some stores need more help then others, but when a store manager asks for help the DM is supposed to help. Mine did not. I sent numerous emails and made several phone calls explaining my needs and she would never show up. I had help from her 2 times in the course of 7 months.
Pros
Competitive benefits, promotion opportunities
Cons
Very Poor Communication, minimum wage pays.
poor management
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Rock, WVJanuary 11, 2018
No regular breaks
No lunch breaks

No appreciation, even if you get more work done than required its still not good enough

Management has bad favoritism and assistant manager and other liked employees were lazy and didn't have to work
Cons
low pay, bad hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVJanuary 9, 2018
I worked at Parmar for a little under a year, I LOVED it! The manager was really cool. He made coming to work really enjoyable. My duties were tending to the customers, cleaning the store, stocking shelves/freezers, bagging ice and making sure there was always fresh coffee.
President against Women
Manager (Former Employee) –  PA/OHJanuary 7, 2018
Owner is very nice, however the president is a different story. He is against women running a company. So any ideas that come from women is tossed out. He will listen but that is all the further it goes. Opportunity of advancement is high however if your a women supervisor to office doing paperwork is as far as a women will get. The starting wage is horrible as well.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Presidents choices