Par Pharmaceutical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Product
Area Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2018
This was PARs first venture into the branded Pharmaceutical Product Marketplace. The launch was well carried out but their ability to function at a high level with Reimbursement was not enough.
Productive and good place to work
Packing Operator III (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at PAR . PAR was a great place to work.. I was planning on not having to go out and find another job. I wanted PAR to be the place I was going to retire from . They decided to close the plant.
Decent Company
Raw Materials Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2018
Worked there until they closed the plant down. Would continue working there. Have gained 20 years of experience. Good benefits. Just wished they weren't closes the doors.
Great Company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 3, 2018
PAR was a very good company. It had a diverse set of employee that were professional. Flexibility, job advancement plus educational, 401 and stock options.
Benefits
Great Facility ,good job
Reliability Technician III (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2018
Due to unfavorable business climate and our product mix the Huntsville Facility closed. It was a very good place to work.The pay was great and the work life balance was very good.I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry.
Pros
good work life balance, good pay
Cons
Had to were extensive PPE to work on equipment
I will miss it
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 24, 2018
This job helped me grow, not only within the company but some of the management helped me grow as a person. I have gained a lot of knowledge, especially on a safety standpoint, from working here.
Good company
Compression Technology (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 23, 2018
Was a good place to work for. Great pay and benefits. Productive place to work. Learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry. I loved working for them because it went well with my life style and the time I needed off from work.
Cons
Bad Management
Possibly better than no job
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYMay 21, 2018
nothing good except the benefits
no advancement
low morale
work in unreasonable conditions e.g. no heat or air conditioning
no running water...No BS.
Pros
Basic Employment
Cons
practically enslaved during work hours
Great place to work. Supported my family.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 17, 2018
Productive place to work. Learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry. Was trained on machine set up, manufacturing and bottling of pharmaceutical products. Trained in troubleshooting on equipment. Opportunities for advancement. Trained as a technical writer. Reviewed and made changes to SOP's and equipment manuals when needed.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Company shutting down
I like working with different types of people.
PACKAGING OPERATOR I (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 3, 2018
I loved working for them because it went well with my life style and the time I needed off from work. I like working overtime and having every other weekend off.
Pros
They have great benefits.
Cons
Break was short.
Poor management from upper level
Sr Packaging Technician/Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 3, 2018
It was a good job until they decided to close the plant down. Before PAR took over and we were Qualitest, it was exceptional and one of the top generic pharmaceutical manufacturers in the country. PAR turned us in a different direction and within 3 years we were closed.
job
Blender/ Trainer Qualifier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working for PAR. They provided us with great benefits, proper training for the process to create a more high quality product for our customers.
Pros
I had a job that provided me with security
Cons
They took away family. Favoritism was in the work place and in pay raises.
Lack of Leadership
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 25, 2018
The overall company is good from a compensation standpoint and benefits. However, the leadership leaves a lot to be desired. Communication is poor and job security seems to be at an all time low.
A nice place to work, great people there
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Ridge, NYApril 19, 2018
Although it is hard to advance if you are a woman, I enjoyed my years at Par and was sorry to be laid off. The culture is friendly, productive, and cooperative. I had many supervisors over the years, and learned a lot from all of them. The Management is approachable and friendly.
Mismanagement
Packaging operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 9, 2018
Mismanagement. Company leaders caused the closure of the plant. Could have been handled better. Only good note was a severance package. Lots of people were put out of work.
Normal work day
Reliability Tech III (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 2, 2018
Our days are always different as it depends on what line would be running during the day. we come in check for PM's and see what lines are running for the night. we are always an call to provide line support to the line to keep the production running smoothly.
Workdays at PAR
Quality Associate III and II Document Control (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2018
The workday at PAR was always different and challenging in my role as Document Control Specialist. The job had many challenges to meet the customers needs and help other departments with their improvements.

My job had many awards when I was able to help the departments in my facility with all the documents they needed with scans that were made readily available for quick responses to any questions that were needed to be answered.
stressful work environment
Reliability Technician III (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35811March 21, 2018
A typical day at work was clock in, do your job to the best of your ability and go home. You learned to think on your feet and prevent problems before they happen. The people on the floor worked well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my coworkers. The hardest part of job was to see the "good ole boy" management system and the company being run into the ground.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
poor management
Overall good place to learn a lot without a whole lot of stress
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Ridge, NYMarch 13, 2018
It was a good place to learn a lot and to pick up on several useful accounting skills without being too stressed. Managers were good and often times provided guidance where necessary.
A wonderful work environment with amazing people
Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 12, 2018
I have worked at PAR a few times. Each time I have loved all of the people I've worked with. The managers and supervisors were always encouraging, willing to listen to what we had to say, and allowed us to learn things whenever we showed the initiative to learn.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Unreliable in terms of career longevity