Paradies Lagardere Employee Reviews

Interesting form of Retail
Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2018
Management is engaged and available to talk with and mentor. They do try to foster a sense of concern and family. Advancement opportunities beyond Zone Manager could be few unless you are willing to relocate. They do have many locations throughout the US and Canada.
Pros
Engaged Management. Good work/Life balance
Cons
Salary and advancement opportunities
Not good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2018
It was great when I started, but the longer I worked the more drama that came around. This company has a high turnaround. And you can't trust anyone with stuff that is said. Gossip spreads through the company like a raging wildfire.
Pros
Working at the airport
Cons
Management sucks
fun working place well worth to work there
Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 24, 2018
quick pace but a lot of team work so makes working there an ease.very friendly envorinmen everyone get along very well. the management helps out also with running food voiding or comping off items when needed.
Pros
free lunch, 30 mins breaks
Cons
30 mins breaks are mantatory sometimes when its busy you arent able to take them.
During my time spent at Paradies, I felt it was a very good opportunity to be the assoicate that I felt best served the needs of myself and Paradies .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 18, 2018
I had the opportunity to meet customers from all over the world. It was a rewarding challenge to meet customer needs by understanding where they were coming from.

There were no two days alike. I enjoyed adjusting my approach to the different needs of the customer.

I found management to be very supportive of their associates. I was very pleased when they incorporated my ideas of new product selection.

I found the workplace culture to be very positive and liked the team approach to solving concerns.

When you leave a customer with a rewarding sale for them, it's sets the tone for further business.

The hardest part of the job was speaking to people with different languages. However, adapting to ways to use non verbal communication skills helped.
Pros
I felt what I had to offer had real meaning to the company.
Cons
Late hours, sometimes close to midnight
N/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2018
Its an okay company. Not the best wish they would understand that you do have a life outside or work. Also umderstand why are people insteas of just hiring the wrong people.
Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
Bad services from hr to management, it will take a year, in order for you to get a raise the raise is less than 50 cents, or less than 25 cents.. Very bad company to work for......
job assignments change frequently
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 5, 2018
Company needs to improve and follow employee rules and expectations, and needs to field sufficient staff to man the stores and give good customer service. Inventory is often lacking in amount of product, complete size runs and availibility.
Horrible Company
Sales/Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2018
This is the worse company to work for especially at the Atlanta location. The managers are very abusive and handle discriminating cases horribly. stay away.
Pros
Cons
Abusive managers, harassment, no room for growth
fast pace and able to grow within
ADMINISTRATIVE BOOKKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 16, 2018
I have worked with Paradies Lagardere for about 3 year and got promoted twice. started as sales associate and now working as a bookkeeper. It is a great position to learn the management. Great environment and friendly staff. There is always an opportunity to get promoted, that is only if you show effort.
Easy Money...but not much money
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 7, 2018
The work is pretty easy, but you won't ever move up or get more than where you started. It's a good job for someone who is in school however not so much if you have a family to feed.
No Management Skills
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2018
A Worked here for over a year and had no advancement and pay is not worth the job that's required. The managers do not know what they are dong, error is apparently okay because it doesn't go unpunished, but you get no recollection for the good tasks. Over all not a good structured and stressful place to work.
Work Experience
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2018
I loved this place. I would definitely go back. This place allowed me to grow and further my skills in Management. The pay was good for the position at hand. The workplace is very diverse with friendly staff and management.
Not like typical retail but good place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 28, 2018
The manager I worked for was great. The staff was very welcoming and helpful when I started. They are very focused on getting donations and feel they genuinely care about employees.
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
Paradies is a great company to work for. The environment is very relaxed yet professional. The office has a family feel. The company is growing by leaps and bounds. It will be much better when all of the new systems are added and up and running.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, fun environment
Cons
expensive healthcare, low salary
Productive and slow pace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2018
It’s a great paying job is willing to work 8 hours no guarantee overtime. Are willing to work around your schedule and make sure you feel comfortable.
Pros
Half off items inside store
Cons
Long periods of standing and sometimes very slow
It's so-so
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2018
Working the airport was usually predictable running one hour of business and one hour of downtime. Coworkers were usually nice, but they're always looking out for themselves and never for the team. I mostly enjoyed how management always tried to make it fun and inviting environment for both customers and employees. The hardest part was trying to get the team back on the wagon to get task finished.
unorganized, chaotic, unappreciated
Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2018
The company has gone through many changes over the recent years. When I started many years ago there was a family culture that made me want to be part of the team and to work hard to progress. Through the changes family culture took a backseat.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
lack of appreciation
Simple Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 30, 2018
Basically running the register at a retail store in the airport. Learned the basics of cash handling, communicating with people, and restocking the store. Management was super friendly! The workplace was comfortable and simple. The hardest part of the job was trying to convince people to donate something for the USO. Most enjoyable part of the job was winning prizes for contests and people-watching on my breaks at the airport. Also meeting a lot of people from around the world and participating in events for the company was fun too!
Stress-full, Rushed, Non organize
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 26, 2018
Typical day at Paradise is waking up at 3 am and getting there by 4:30 am. Once you get there you have to collect newspaper and pastry to deliver to different stores. Some cashiers doesn’t show up so you, the only stocker, have to go in the store.
Retail sales associate
Retail Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
•Dead end job
•no decent raises
•liked most of my co-workers, enjoyed helping most airport guests and airport employees.
•Upper management needs work.
•CEO/owner is just as plastic as Joel Osteen...
• Whoever is in charge of ordering merchandise is a minimalist and needs to order more to cover all stores.
•They don’t care about the temperature sensitive food stuffs, often receive melted chocolate goods to put away.
•Benefits were expensive but kinda decent.
•if an employee is in a store far from the rest of the other stores, don’t forget them or ignore their need for the bathroom and their 30 min break.

I would not let my friends or family work there!
Pros
Health benefits, “field trips” to customer service award ceremonies.
Cons
Airport employee parking lot, a lot of long distance walking, Tsa

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paradies Lagardere. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9