Paradies Lagardere Employee Reviews

Very poor management
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2019
This is a very unprofessional work environment. Many managers are terrible at managing and I believe enjoy over working their employees. The hours expected per week is close to 60 hours per week. This company does not value the importance of families. You will not do well if you have children or a husband. Definitely there is no work life balance. Managers have also made falsified claims on employees they do not like to have them fired.
Pros
Bonus is 20% contingent on how well the company profits annually
Cons
Managers, 12 to 15 work hours daily not just around close, terrible culture
It was the best job I’ve ever had
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 7, 2019
I worked here for a little over a year, and I loved it. My manager was great about working with my schedule when it was close to my great-grandma passing away. I ended up getting diagnosed with Lumbar Scoliosis, and the lifting was just making it uncomfortable to work. Also, if the weather is bad and you have to work, they will pay for a hotel and you can take the shuttle there and back. They also gave us a set amount of money that we could for food and drinks. I would go back here to work in a heartbeat, and I would highly recommend starting a career here
Pros
Discount on everything except electronics, relaxed environment, flexible work schedule
Cons
I honestly can’t think of any.
ok place to work, hard working people not paid enough
Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Not appreciated by the company, low pay rate. To much to do, not enough, or qualify employees. Management don't give enough support to supervisors, employees are rude and lazy.
Pros
In general, easy job if you follow directions
Cons
Low paid rate
Terrible Company
Zone Manager/Exports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Since new management, the company is terrible. They are openly prejudiced and chauvinistic. They could careless about the workers. There is no room for advancement and no standard for raises.
You’ll Feel Trapped
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2019
Paycheques Dwindle More and more. You constantly feel judged let alone are judged by both associates and managers. You’ll start to feel Trapped Zone Manager’s Think they’ superior over associates because of what it says on their badge. A Few Upper management persons Are Quite Harsh and Dont listen to associates when ZMs are being harassful towards associates. Gossip spreads like wildfire, Upper management also Uses The “Scare you into staying” technique to keep your mouth shut so you won’t quit because they’re always short staffed (which is Obvious) They complain when there’s no customers and they’ll complain when you’re helping customers. You can’t even make time for a doctors appointment when you’re in fear for your own health. You can’t switch with someone unless Upper management Chooses For you. So basically it’s a no go. Scheduling a day off in a Month advance for an emergency is never going to happen because management will deny and Override it any and you’ll still be scheduled to work. Even if it is highly important. A lot of elder employees have encouraged younger associates to find other/better jobs. You’re constantly being watched and reported. Including Zms Often “snoop” through your stuff without your consent just to go and inform HR. And have them show up the next day ready to fire you over something small and pointless. Don’t work here unless you like drama and are a bit of a bully. As well as looking for a place to get stuck and stay stuck.
You have more to look forward to. Apply to an airline.
Pros
Stability but that’s about it because they need so much people
Cons
Read my review again top to bottom
Not a good place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZFebruary 24, 2019
I’ve worked here for a couple of months and at first I love this job. There was so much diversity and the managers seems lovely. After a while you start to see how bad things actually are. Since I worked part time, they started scheduling me 10+hour shifts. To remind you, you are standing on mats that claim to support you but doesn’t. You are not allowed to sit, lean, rest your legs, can barely go to the bathroom. You are told to miss your breaks if it is busy, but get written up for missing your breaks because the company is to cheap to pay for lunch. Different management styles that ultimately leave confusion, and causing other employees to argue and fight with each other due to style differences. Managers often push USO donations. The idea would be to donate to a good cause but instead it’s about money. The higher the prices on the items the more money they make, means the more bonues they receive. In addition, was supposed to receive a bonus like the rest but hasn’t gotten it for two weeks, instead they would like to give you a free candy bar for your hard work.
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
Burn you out, favoritism, belittling
Good work place
Clerk/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Is a very good place for business just depends on what part you're in just keep to yourself and you should be fine which I think is a good idea is it going to work doing your job is your best outcome
Fast paced and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2019
A typical day at work is greeting customers and assisting individuals with the items they need to have a comfortable flight. I have learned from this job to stay focused and motivated. I have also learned about different cultures. Moreover, management was somewhat unprofessional. The hardest part was dealing customers bad days, but most enjoyable thing was meeting new people.
Pros
compesation and benefits
Cons
management, standing up all day
Growing company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  southeastFebruary 18, 2019
Company is growing but upper management is all about cost cutting and saving money.
Losing lots of long term people probably to save money
No value given to length of service
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
Nice place to work temporary
Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2019
They have a good management team but needs to focus more on associates that work hard and zone managers that are the ones moving the company. It’s a nice place to work and learn
Not what it cut out to be on paper.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2019
Rely heavily on USO sales for profit so be ready to be that kind of salesperson. You're not stationed in a permanent store or kiosk so your schedules will always change unless approved otherwise by the GM. And they have scheduled many of employees where you do a closing shift and an open shift the next day, on purpose (rough on those who have to take other means of transit). The longer issues aren't spoken up about and not resolved, you will be belittled, overworked, and unhappy. "Company was better off before the merge" said by many senior employees.
Pros
50% employee discount, parking/transit passes, uniforms provided
Cons
High turnaround, undercompensated, micro managing, little to no advancement, grandfathered employees haven't seen a raise since the merge.
this was fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 3, 2019
I enjoyed working here alot. It only had a few things I didn't like. Its a very nice ampmuspfear .good co workers. I worked alone most of the time here - there was a key holder close by doing other duties they have to do they were there if I needed something. They take donations for the soldiers care baskets to send to them. They really enforce this ..... It is good to see the customers participate in this.. They can buy ANYTHING in the gift shop and send . this is a gift shop inside the airport. Nice place to work.
Pros
most days i was off by noon
Cons
way early hours and worked most weekends
Warning: Do NOT Apply
Brands Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2019
I am a former employee of the Phoenix Sky Harbor location. I worked as a Brands Associate , at first it was a lot of fun , it wasn't the same customers everyday. Getting to hear all the travel stories from customers & flight attendants. You are hired to work in the brand stores but I feel like as a newbie they make you work in the stores where you sell candies & magazines those stores are very quick paced & rude customers. I wasn't too happy about that. You work a lot of hours they make you come on your day off, you work a closing shift & they schedule you to open real early the next day. God forbid, you ask for a day off months in advance & they complain about being short-staffed. HUGE turnaround. You're by yourself in the stores, you have to wait till a zone manager relieves you..30 min lunch breaks which sucks cause there's always long lines @the restaurants. There was a break room but it was inside a stock room & if there's someone already there, you're screwed. .This is a horrible place to work at. Don't waste your time, I was on my lunch break & I went online to look for jobs & the second I found something I instantly applied & quit like a week later, trust me : Do NOT work here.
Pros
50% (in the convenience stores), free parking
Cons
Short breaks, not exactly 40 hours, BAD management
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2019
It was a good job. Wasn’t much room for growth. I kind of got tired of staying at the same couple of stores. It’s a good job for someone just getting out of high school.
Customer Service, sales and having fun.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2019
A great group of people to work with.The management and coworkers truly enjoy working as a team to make sure the customers experience is the best it can be.
Cons
You meet lots of new people.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2019
It's a job more for those who are bored or retired. No real advancement for young people. But it's easy and you get to meet interesting people day to day.
Pros
Its a very easy job.
Cons
Hours bounce around.
Paradies Lagardère
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA Bob Hope AirportJanuary 12, 2019
Working for Paradies Lagardère it was a learning curve ball in experience all walk of life working inside the Bob Hope Airport as your work ethics growing within the company, grows strong, as support relation customers Service, communication skills, in talking to customers making sure they feel safe will walking into the gift Shops to purchase snacks, electronics, books.
Provide in assisting the company in working different departments in ordering inventory, delivery, administrative assistant and supervising sales associates.
Muiltasking in working in Professional environment in having the ability to open the stores set up the displays, organization work space, be able to communicate with customer in being a Bilingual speaker English and Spanish.
Pros
Growth with the Company, Promotion
Cons
Schedule and payrate
Horrible place to work
Replenishment Associate/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2019
Very bad management never anywhere to be found. The only time managers work is when upper management comes from Atlanta
Extremely short staffed I was a cashier turned replinisher because they had no one. Store associate could never get a schedule break just come when feel
Pros
A job if you don’t have one
Cons
Everything elea
Don’t waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2019
Very poor, rude management. Consistent lack of communication, associates, etc. The work environment is comfortable, not worth the pay. I would recommend this job for somebody who likes to deal with bs daily :)
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Everything else
do not work here
buyer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
bad management- no work life balance- no advancement opportunity. The DMM's only care about bottom line in spite of how they treat employees- working them way too many hours (at least in some departments) while other departments work 9-5 and no over-time for same position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paradies Lagardere. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8