PARADIGM TAX GROUP Employee Reviews

Property Tax Firm
Senior Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2017
This is a property tax firm working with national clients. Headquarters are in Dallas Texas. Several offices throughout the country.
Good Learning Workplace
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2016
I learned to be more productive, think creatively and efficiently maximize my workflow. The busiest time is during appeal season when the entire office has to work together to efficiently protest properties. It builds teamwork and promotes a great working environment.
The Paradigm Tax Group
Jr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work involved learning and typing/coding/organizing into assigned projects the technical, minute details about the 3.5 and up version of the .NET environment. This specifically involved becoming familiarized with concepts like delegates primarily using lamdas and developing a level of comfortability with the debugger to step through logical bugs made by the coder especially pertaining to using anonymous functions and keeping relationships as flat as possible without developing an overcomplex schema to support while also strongly supporting a complex necessity for advancement of technology using terms to describe verbs in a business method that supports meetings and recordings of terms that describe the integrity of the metadata.

About the management and co-workers - refer to a book in reference to freedom of speech at a non-camera-seen-recording/doctoring at the public library in reference to the 38th or 39th president.

The hardest part of the job was not making it to work with keys every so many weekends to work on projects concurrently using different approaches to break the browser on purpose.

The most enjoyable part of the job was not taking breaks at any given point in time
Pros
Free lunches, etc.
Cons
Parking costs
Change
PTG Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: Work with wonderful and talented co-workers. Above market compensation and benefits.

Cons: Constant change. Lacks work/life balance. Lack resources (i.e. people and technology).
Relaxed yet professional workplace
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2014
Our first priority at Paradigm was making sure our invoices were caught up to date, and our clients were billed in a timely manner, not exceeding a 24 hour turn over rate. Then helped with expense reports, internal audits, accounts payable, AR statements, and end of month close outs.

Seeing as I was a Sociology major, I had a complete shift change. I learned so much and was challenged, and able to really grow into my role within the firm, and my leadership within our team. I learned how to really communicate with people nationwide, and to provide supreme customer service. I learned how to navigate and excel in our various accounting servers.

I had the opportunity to work with what I believe to be one of the greatest management teams out there. My boss/es really took the time to take us under their wing and teach us everything the knew. I believe this helped us build our careers and self confidence.

At Paradigm we were constantly growing and acquiring new firms. While our work volume was increasing rapidly, we wanted to ensure the same turn around rates as well as customer service. While I wouldn't call this "hard" it was definitely a challenge, and a challenge we liked excelling at. This also made end of month close outs a bit more stressful as well, but again we learned how to self motivate and encourage each other to ensure the task was done on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the dynamics of our corporate team. We really enjoyed working with one another, and became a bit of a family. I also really enjoyed building relationships within our
  more... firm, and taking care of our people on a bit of a support system.  less
Great experience learning the in's and out's of a complex industry.
Associate (Current Employee) –  PhoenixAugust 9, 2014
Consultative role, specifically addressing both real and personal property tax issues. Act as a liaison for commercial real estate owners and institutional investors with local taxing jurisdictions. Handle research, due diligence, and negotiations with governmental entities in order to ameliorate the client’s property tax liability. Successfully negotiated tax reductions for a variety of real property throughout Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah.