Paradise Valley Unified School District Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you enjoy helping kids.
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2019
It was a fun and rewarding place to work.They are very fair with their employees.We work as a team and help each other out as needed.I also subbed in class rooms for other employees as was needed.I worked hard and did my best.If you weren't happy in a assignment to could apply for another position in the district.If a job became available you liked you could apply for that job.If you changed positions the district was not upset with you.
Pros
We celebrate birthdays with treats.We are severed lunches on in service days.
Cons
Short breaks
Great benefits and pension plan
Title I Preschool Parent Liaison II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Great benefits and pension plan
Collaborative culture
Great management team
Opportunities to grow
Training opportunities
Good location and facilities
Pros
Great benefits and retirement plan
Paradise Valley High School
Specialist, Educator-Paradise Valley High School (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2019
It is a great place to work! The principal is amazing and allows teacher autonomy and responsible professionalism. School culture and climate makes PVHS in PVUSD a great place to work!
Family type of enviroment with low pay
Media Technician; Applied Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 30, 2018
PVUSD offers an excellent and gratifying work experience where you're appreciated, and an excellent opportunity to impact kids lives in a positive way.
Pros
Great schedules
Cons
Low pay
Fun and Simple
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2018
As a tutor of the AVID Program, I was able to work with a variety of students who were college-bound. We had a clear and informative training session and were able to clearly grade our students as needed.
Structured Working Environment
EDUCATOR/SUBSTITUTE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
This culture is ok. I learn about current events. It is hard to have good staff because the salary is so low. The staff is given the benefit of the doubt.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Short breaks, Old facilities, cramped building
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2018
Great district, but like any job in education right now the pay is low and hard for a family to survive. Perhaps better pay and benefits would make the district more desirable.
Great work schedule!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2018
Great schedule. Good benefits. Casual work environment. Some great people. Horrible politics. Low pay but schedule and benefits are worth it. Nice co workers.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Nice working together with other employees to keep kids busy but many managers at the site were underappreciated.
Child care associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2018
Working here was exciting because the kids brighten up your day and put a smile on your face, when they were happy I was glad, the managers in community education dealt very rudely with me and many other employees.I was there almost 5 years they gave me the most amount of kids in the whole school district. The school I inherited had very very major known problems and the community education still decided to put me there when there was an even more experienced manager who would be capable having been there 9 years. I appreciated many things the school district did for me however the way the school district dealt with me was extremely mishandled and uncalled for.
Pros
uncommon and fun job rewarding in benefits
Cons
indecisive and misguided management in community education, corruption at the top.
Great job for high school students.
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Worked about 1-2 hours per day, supervisor was a teacher. We helped the other students with classes we have already taken. And graded assigned homework.
Pros
Hours work well with school, laid back environment, good pay for first job
Cons
Not many hours
Nepotism and favoritism runs rife
Comma Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhoenixSeptember 2, 2018
If you feel like this would be a good career move, you’re sorely mistaken. Unless you are a career administrator gunning for the superintendent job, you can expect nepotism, favoritism, poor management and a work culture that expects you to do what has always been done. Rock the boat and you’re out. There are no career options other than moving on to another school district. Don’t do it. You will come out there wondering about your self worth. A black hole of innovation and creativity
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Micromanagement, poor leadership, status quo must be observed, demotivated workforce
Fun and challenging work environment with competitive pay
Community Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
Working for Paradise Valley Unified School District was a special experience for me because I attended school in that district, so I was working alongside educators that I knew and admired for most of my life. As a community education instructor, my typical day would involve arriving to the school before the students so that I could prep my classroom for the day, then I would escort my students from the cafeteria to the classroom. Each class was an hour and a half long, so lesson plans had to be very detailed to keep the kids occupied. There was no curriculum provided by the district, so instructors were responsible for creating lesson plans based on just a title and brief description of the class. I found this part of the job to be very challenging, but the other educators were enthusiastic to help me figure it out along the way. The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing the spark of interest ignite in my students, and watching the way they joyfully worked together as a team to accomplish their goals.
Pros
fast-paced, manageable schedule, great pay
Cons
short breaks
It was really enjoyable.
CE Childcare Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
It is a great job for a high school senior because you get your weekends. You work from 2:30 to 6:30, it’s an option if you want to work on holiday breaks. Everyone there is great to work with. The managers are kind, and understanding.
Best non paying job
P.T.S.A President Foothills Elementary School (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
this was and will always be the best working and learning environment. I was challenged every day and enjoyed going to my office every day. Being able to be creative was very rewarding
Pros
Rewarding
Productive and caring environment
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at work entailed herding around 80-120 children to designated areas in an organized, peaceful as possible manner. I learned that children can teach a great deal about patience, empathy, and parenting. The hardest part of the job was disciplining the children who misbehaved in a way that was not only effective but also socially acceptable. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing the many teaching moments we would endure as a team and being there for each other in a time of need.
Miss the kids.
PARAPROFESSIONAL AIDE/YOUTH ACTIVITIES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJune 29, 2018
Educating children was fun!
Some management hired their own kids to work in higher areas others should be qualified for.
I miss the teacher i worked with, she was understanding and motivated me to pursue a higher degree.
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and positive work atmosphere great team
Ceca 1/ Before and after school program (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2018
The culture of The Mascot Program of Paradise Valley Unified School District was a very positive and influential experience that I will carry on in life. During my time with PVUSD I gained much valuable experience there was also great teamwork amongst co-workers. A typical day for me was up at 6am at work by 6:30am out by 8:45. I worked a split shift so I would go back home and be back at 2:45.My most memorable times were teaching kids as young as kindergarten students about life and hope. I also loved playing sports with many of the kids as I myself am athletic and was always very involved and active during my younger days. The hardest part for me during my experience here was addressing the students and calming them down during rowdy kid times. I have always been a more reserved quiet kid but had to grow in that area.As for my manager she was great very kind and a good example to myself and the children and taught me with patience and kindness.
positive work place.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2018
This is the best place i have ever worked. Everyone is very supported. Everyone wants to see you succeed. The workplace is very structured. The management is very structured.
Great Place to work
IT Curriculum/Assessment Liaison (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
Excellent benefits and great people. Poor pay for the work hours.
No room for advancement or salary increase. The workplace culture is excellent, everyone loves their job but hates the pay.
Pros
All holidays off
Cons
Pay
Rewarding work
Para Educator / Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2018
I've worked mostly with special education kids, which is very challenging but rewarding. The school district, while providing a decent benefits package, grossly underpays most employees. It is also difficult to advance to better positions.
Pros
Medical benefits, retirement fund.
Cons
Not enough hours, low pay, little room for advancement.