Paragon Medical Employee Reviews

As long as you go to work and do your job the pay is fair and you have job security
CELL LEADER INVENTORY & RECEIVING (Current Employee) –  Pierceton, INJanuary 13, 2018
As a lower manager for 12 years w/this company, I am disappointed that they do not do any in-house education or improvement classes. This is a loss opportunity to keep your team motivated and appreciated. Consequently, your team lacks new ideas or motivation.
They become reactionary.
Great benefits
Job security
Cutthroat culture
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, UT 84335January 11, 2018
Paragon Medical has a very cutthroat culture. They had the most rude unable to train floor lead that I have ever worked for in my life! The only good thing about working here was working 36 hours per week and getting paid for 40.
Pros
Working here was working 36 hours per week and getting paid for 40.
Cons
Everything else!
productive and relaxed work place
Thermal Former (Current Employee) –  Pierceton, INDecember 20, 2017
Parts run according to due date. Forming is about temperature, The hardest part is trouble shooting.I enjoy it when trouble shooting pays off.Paragon is a relaxed work environment. The coworkers are friendly and helpful. I have learned lot from my coworkers in both forming and silkscreen.. Patience with myself and with others in the work place has been a lesson well learned.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
low pay
good company
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INDecember 11, 2017
this is a good small town company to work for, there are some in management that are not good but that is everywhere you go, they do not pay well but its a job
Work ethic
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INSeptember 12, 2017
The job over all wasn't so bad, there were the typical good days and bad days that you could have in any job. The problems I found working there were the pay wasn't where you think it would be for being an orthopedic company. Also, I found that no matter how much work you put in or how hard you worked it never seemed good enough. If you needed to move to a different shift, even for a legitimate reason, the likely hood is slim to none. They have rules set yet don't always follow them. Everyday something is changed making it difficult to follow what is going on and what needs to be done. Plus they don't train their new people that well. You could be there for four month and be lucky to even know where to get certain supplies because it was never shown to you.
Very Unorganized
Wire EDM operator (Current Employee) –  Pierceton, INAugust 17, 2017
Work isn't bad. I like the medical field and knowing something that I make is helping someone. No proper training everything is rushed and it lacks quality. Very boring job and 3rd shift so even more boring.
Pros
Paid lunch and breaks.
Cons
Short lunch and breaks
paragon
Packager (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INJune 6, 2017
Paragon is a clean atmosphere with very good insurance policies. However, management is poorly done. I have seen many conflicts go unresolved and seen many good workers quit from these issues.
Pros
insurance benefits, clean workplace
Cons
management
Employment is secure
Machinist (Current Employee) –  UtahMay 22, 2017
Employment is secure with very little danger of layoffs. Management has very little respect or consideration for employees personal time or situations.
Pros
Dependable income
Cons
No sick leave, limited availability to use accrued vacation.
Fulfilling workplace and competent coworkers
Utilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, UTApril 19, 2017
Good company that is determined to supply quality medial instruments and implants. High expectations for employees, but realistic. Seeks fair treatment of employees, and has a good atmosphere overall.
Pros
Good company structure, Competent staff, Fulfilling work
Cons
Set break and lunch schedule, Strict clock-in policy, Strict defective part policy
Their toolmakers job is not what most people would consider ToolMaking
Tool Maker (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INJanuary 16, 2017
Worked there from almost 9 years as a Tool Maker, first 3 or 4 years I did what I was hired to do. After that 90% of the time I was reworking bad parts that was produced of the production floor. Sometime reworked 100 parts out of a 100, sometime 1 out of 100. It was discouraging when the same parts from a different order would come back for rework every time they was ran on the production floor. Was asked to run a machine I have never ran before, they wouldn't get me training, had to go on youtube to learn how to run it on my own time. Had 2 toolmakers quit with in 9 months before I quit and have heard 2 more have quit after I did.
Pros
good benifits, clean facility, everyone knows your name.
Cons
Bad Management, no discipline for running bad parts
Not Ideal for Growth
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2017
its a good job if you want to get nothing out of it but a paycheck. as far as learning and improving your machining skills there is no opportunity for that here
staff
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2016
Good company to work for. No room for job advancement. Leadership needs utilize their potential with the company. Staff that gets promoted needs leadership skills and needs to know the job.
Pros
8 hr shift paid for 20 min lunch
Cons
short breaks
it was a very fun place to work
Inspector, Packaging and Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INSeptember 20, 2016
This job was a nice place to work. I package by sorting out colors of orthropedic parts and packaging them that were anodized. The place was small with no advancement. My boss was so much fun . He plan a lot of employee gathering which was an opportunity to get to know your coworker on a different level then just work.. The only thing that was wrong was the company didn't pay very well.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
very low pay
Professiona and fun work enviornment.
Factory/Floor - TIP Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INAugust 8, 2016
Great on-the-job training. Very professional environment. Effective and efficient production team. Friendly co-workers.
Decent Place-For the Nurse Practitioners
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85204June 30, 2016
Overall decent experience with the management staff and all the back office staff. The Doctors were very "absent minded", and did not listen to their staff. I learned a lot getting more involved, but later on they let a lot of people go all at once with no reasoning.
good place work
Mill Set Up Tech (Former Employee) –  INNovember 11, 2015
cells are set up nicely to support certain product to improve efficiency. always looking to improve processes and meet customer standards. employee training is available. company meetings to keep employees involved in the business side of things
Not Bad but could do Better
Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2015
Faster paced environment but with very unreasonable deadlines. Had plenty of tools (i.e. people) to get the job done, but the mindset always seemed to be "hurry up and wait". Hope they are able to turn things around and stop losing the good talent they've had over the years to other better paying facilities.
Pros
clean facility
Cons
job security, on site training is in serious need of improvement
what you learned
shipping manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJNovember 10, 2015
Once of the must wonderful place to have a job was this company. They have a good employee benefits. They have plenty opportunities to grow up in the company.
Laid back work environment.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Pierceton, INAugust 19, 2015
I like working there, they just don't pay enough money for the type of work I do. I'm trying to get ahead in life not just keep my head above water. And this company isn't allowing me to do that!
Pros
Nice work environment.
Cons
Not enough pay!
Paaragon Medical
United States Machinist (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INAugust 13, 2015
Paragon was a great place to work the company is well run. Management is a great group of people but advancement is very difficult. This is the onlly draw back to the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

2.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight