Paragon Sports Employee Reviews

Paragon as a temporary job
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  867 Broadway, NY, NY 10003June 12, 2019
I enjoyed my time working a paragon, although it was only a temporary job I was able to learn how to micro manage tasks and excel in stressful enviornments. Throughout the day I would pull items from the warehouse and bring them into the store. My co-workers and I were asked to have a general knowledge of where everything was stocked and how many of each item was there. The hardest part of the job for me was learning everything in a very short period of time without much help, but once I learned the basics; the job became much more enjoyable. The managers asked us to do whatever needed to be done whether it was refilling a "pull sheet" or backstocking items. The work pace was based off of how much inventory was being sold, and by the end of the day our goal was to complete the pullsheets, and backstock everything left out. Because we had very little assistance in the warehouse, I learned to appreciate my co workers much more. Working with my co workers, we would discuss the most accurate ways to complete goals and keep the manager off our backs. Ultimately, my favorite part of the job was organizing the warehouse and seeing the progress made, which was then ready to be viewed by the manager. Overall my working experience at paragon was pleasant, and I am excited to take advantage of what I learned.
Would not suggest this job for anyone wanting to purse a visual Merchandising Career path.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2019
Worst job ever to work as a visual merchandiser everything is over looked. Their floor plans are repetitive from years ago so basically you don’t get to input any type of creativity. Great place to work in you’re into sports or working out etc . As far as fashion and focusing on only visual displays paragon is definitely not the place. There also isn’t much opportunity to grown within that company because most of management has been working there for years ! This was kinda the worst job I have ever encountered.
Family owned autocracy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2019
Do not shop at Paragon. Way over priced. Do not work at Paragon, horrible pay and zero recognition for your talents. Not a fun place to work at and under appreciated owners.
Pros
Bathrooms, water fountains and air conditioning.
Cons
Family owned buisness. Extreme nepotism and bias.
Paragon sports
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2019
Although Paragon sports pays weekly, there is a high turnover rate because they higher seasonally and let people go after 3-5 months and higher new people.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Poor management
Good place for younger people.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 7, 2019
I saw this as a steppingstone job cause. Of my age and their other employees were so much younger than I.
I felt The work was doable but maybe they felt like I should not have been there.
good place to for a part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2019
This is a typical sales job, during my time as a sales associate my day to day was pretty simple, I worked in clearance so it was my job to keep the section organized and help customers find what they were looking for
Pros
Not a lot of micromanagement
Cons
Retail shifts
sports related work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
I started working out and running with the paragon team. I learned that they are different types of runners and different types of shoes recommended for all types of people. I went from cashier to sales rep in the running department to customer service rep in my entire time working at paragon.
Needs improvemnt
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2018
Great place to meet coworkers with mutual interest in sports, but unfortunately upper management lacks initiative to promote a positive environment for the workers. Improvement of operations are needed as systems are outdated.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2018
I enjoyed the people and the things they did for the staff. They just continue with old tradition which is a bad thing in today’s generation. But the overall experience of the store was great. And also we’re all of the winter sport Trips I would attend
good place to work
Sports Medicine Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
The Blanks(owners) did a great job of creating a work environment that is productive and fun to work in. I enjoyed my time there, i met a lot of cool celebrities.
Pros
meet celebrities
Cons
on feet at all times
Team building and supportive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
Paragon is a sport enthusiasts wonderland where its employee aimed to please and teach you all you needed for any given sport or pass time. I enjoyed the atmosphere provided by the staff as well as myself. But I especially enjoyed the company of my team. They where more than just my coworkers, they had became a close-nit sisterhood to me. Those woman were my rock in the hardest times as well as my laughter in the best of times. Paragon sports has some of the best staff I've ever had the chance to know and work with.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
managerial structure
Very productive, great place to learn sales and growth in the sales industry
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Work involved detailing the floor, daily meetings, loved working and serving customers, mngmt. very encouraging to staff for growth. Upselling to promote sales
Pros
Sales incentives and commission
Cons
300 people work at Paragon
Good if your a student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
Didn't enjoy my experience at Paragon. Management was very rude and condescending. Scheduling was terrible. Employees were not trust worthy. Customers were also sneaky. Atmosphere not conducive for success
Pros
Employee discount is 30%
Cons
scheduling
Outstanding
Visual Merchandiser and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
Great experience all around. High quality associates, they knew what they were doing when they hired people we worked as a team, greatly respected one another and it was like a famil.
Pros
Friends.
Cons
Not enough break time
Productive work place and very socialble environment
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
It was a seasonal gig. I still keep in contact with some of the people at paragon because we have common interests. A decent paying position with a whole lot of competition on the sales floor. The key was to give customers the experience of purchasing certain products.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
Executives do not adhere to their own Employee Manual. Veteran employees protected.
Customer/stock returns to vendor (Former Employee) –  Union Square Park, NYJune 26, 2018
If you are 1 minute late for your 15 min. break; entire break pay gets cut. Don't work in:Return to vendor dept. Executives don't speak to "At-Wills."
Pros
You can use the bathroom whenever you want.
Cons
Grace time when you clock in at the start of your shift is only 3 minutes.
It's all about the customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
Customer service and sales driven environment, management very focused on sales. Expert sport and fitness culture. Best part of the job giving customers the ultimate shopping experience.
Pros
Discount on Merhandise
Cons
No real support of employees
great for athletes
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Union Square Park, NYMay 6, 2018
typically the day has its slow hours then its rush hours. if you don't like to be hovered on then this wont be your ideal work place. great place to work if your into fitness and sports.
loved the job
Running specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
As a marathoner working for Paragon sports work is easy at the job. It get hard around Marathon season which is November. with all consumer buying gear.
Long days but sometimes rewarding
Sales Associate for Ski Accessories (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
you're on your feet a lot and you deal with waves of customers and they can be snotty but you have to deal with it. Many people come in are actually really nice and you have to help them find what they need so you have to know what you're talking about. Management is cool and i met some really cool people there.