Paragon Sports Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Paragon as a temporary job
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  867 Broadway, NY, NY 10003June 12, 2019
I enjoyed my time working a paragon, although it was only a temporary job I was able to learn how to micro manage tasks and excel in stressful enviornments. Throughout the day I would pull items from the warehouse and bring them into the store. My co-workers and I were asked to have a general knowledge of where everything was stocked and how many of each item was there. The hardest part of the job for me was learning everything in a very short period of time without much help, but once I learned the basics; the job became much more enjoyable. The managers asked us to do whatever needed to be done whether it was refilling a "pull sheet" or backstocking items. The work pace was based off of how much inventory was being sold, and by the end of the day our goal was to complete the pullsheets, and backstock everything left out. Because we had very little assistance in the warehouse, I learned to appreciate my co workers much more. Working with my co workers, we would discuss the most accurate ways to complete goals and keep the manager off our backs. Ultimately, my favorite part of the job was organizing the warehouse and seeing the progress made, which was then ready to be viewed by the manager. Overall my working experience at paragon was pleasant, and I am excited to take advantage of what I learned.
Paragon sports
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2019
Although Paragon sports pays weekly, there is a high turnover rate because they higher seasonally and let people go after 3-5 months and higher new people.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Poor management
Very team oriented and communication is okay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Paragon Sports is a good company to work for if you're just beginning to join the work force. You're able to gain communication skills and interpersonal skills amongst other people.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Too much work for little pay
Good Place to work.
Warehouse Associate/Web Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
Very Fun place to work. People are amazing and customers are very polite most of the time. Good area of the city also.
Well organized store even tho it's a little bit old where it is located
fun workplace
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 3, 2016
GROUP LEADER
• Provide students with strategies and help so they can succeed in school.
• Main responsibility is to help students learn, reviewing content with them, explaining how to solve problems and checking completed work.
• Keep reports on students and share those reports with supervisors, teachers and parents.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
Not to Competent. nothing more to say about that. good people, but ruined by bad management. Fickle work environment. not a fan. if you want a job in retail, i'd recommend other Stores. this is a last resort.

the Clubs they endorse were always interesting and full of nice people. but i wasn't satisfied with the work environment
Pros
different clubs to join for different sports
Easy going friendly people
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  NY, NYApril 10, 2015
Clock in, look for an order to start and complete and repeat till 8hrs go by. Answer phone calls, help customers and keep warehouse nice and clean for new shipment.
Pros
Dont have to ask manager for job duties
Cons
low pay rate
Fun place to Work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  WarehouseJuly 6, 2012
I love to work at Paragon Sporting Goods. My co-workers are nice and friendly and the team works well together. The only not so good thing is the opportunity for advancement.
Pros
lenient dress code, fun environment
Cons
not alot of room for advancement