Paragon Sports Employee Reviews

Great Learning Experience
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2016
A typical day at work will be me showing up and grabbing a piece of cardboard. I write a list on that cardboard which says which items I need to bring up from the basement to stock on the shelves. I learned from watching my managers that I need to be able to arrive at work and do what I need to do without having to be told by the manager. Management and my co-workers are really nice. They respect me and are willing to help out when I need it. The hardest part of job is putting and leveling all of my items on the shelves and at the same time be ready to go on the cash register when I am needed to.
Pros
In a union and receive benefits.
Cons
No employee discounts.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
nope not for me, cant move up, not fun bad hours etc. they don't care the pay is very little.they don't care about you and people gossip and talk too much
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2016
Overall a good job for students. You get to learn a lot about whichever department you are in. There are a lot of activities for employees to partake in .
Pros
fun environment
Cons
little pay, not alot of hours
Very productive and fast paced work environment, with opportunities for advancement.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2016
While at this job I watched my head cashier work to get herself promoted to supervisor in less than a year. We had "Sunday- Funday" which meant on Sundays we could have candies at our registers (just to boost employees moods). Every morning before opening we would have a 10-15 minute meeting where we would discuss how each department was doing and what we needed, sometimes this was just a time for the different departments to motivate each other and become more friendly with one another. Very organized company that runs smoothly I believe partly because of the way each department is able to interact with each other from security to warehouse to cashiers on all floors to sales associates we all had fitness as an interest and strong work ethics.
Pros
feels like your working with family, good energy, promotes healthy living
Cons
short breaks, managers are very strict before you make your 6 months you can be fired for not smiling.
paragon
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2016
Decent , high turnover , fun place but work has to be done. easily able to communicate with upper management, first impressions matter here.
Outstanding company
Store Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
Paragon Sports is a company that understands the values of both the customer and associates. In my exciting role, I worked with others to create events, created new company policies, designing an employee recognition program, building a management team, tearing down the silo between division and more.
Pros
The ability to make change, free tickets to sporting events, pro deals, having reps take you out to participate in sports and more
Very team oriented and communication is okay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Paragon Sports is a good company to work for if you're just beginning to join the work force. You're able to gain communication skills and interpersonal skills amongst other people.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Too much work for little pay
Good Place to work.
Warehouse Associate/Web Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
Very Fun place to work. People are amazing and customers are very polite most of the time. Good area of the city also.
Well organized store even tho it's a little bit old where it is located
sports
Stock / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
very good sports job fast paced environment not a career a good part-time job. schedule not flexible and required to work on weekends.
active and fun
Stock / Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
A typical day would be taking calls from coworkers to bring them the customers order down. The main thing this job taught me was how to work at a very fast pace and still being able to greet the customers with a smile. i enjoyed how active running up and down the stairs with orders.
fun workplace
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 3, 2016
GROUP LEADER
• Provide students with strategies and help so they can succeed in school.
• Main responsibility is to help students learn, reviewing content with them, explaining how to solve problems and checking completed work.
• Keep reports on students and share those reports with supervisors, teachers and parents.
This is a great place to work.
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2016
The environment at Paragon Sports is pleasant for those seeking employment in a retail setting. There is an excellent staff with a vast knowledge of all sporting activities.
Clean and professional and organized
TENNIS SALESPERSON (Former Employee) –  Standard, INJanuary 26, 2016
Provide the customers with the highest quality of services.
Determinating grip sizes and string types for various players.
Organize the work area.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know different players around the world (people travel to see this sports company from around the world).
Pros
Meeting different kinds of people
Cons
Gets a bit repetitive and boring at times.
a t typical day at work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
I just interacted with the customers and did a good job at that. I tried too assist them in very way possible. I was in stock and sales and i also helped with the closing of the store.
Pros
Fun place to work with supportive management.
Cons
its a busy pace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
Not to Competent. nothing more to say about that. good people, but ruined by bad management. Fickle work environment. not a fan. if you want a job in retail, i'd recommend other Stores. this is a last resort.

the Clubs they endorse were always interesting and full of nice people. but i wasn't satisfied with the work environment
Pros
different clubs to join for different sports
My day at work i learn alot about ski swimwear outdoor wear and polo sports,tennis.
Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
I like working with customer and helping them find what they need .Like swimwear coats,hats skijacket.my hour was great and my co-worker i got alone with.
Pros
The compamy was fun to work for.
Cons
We has heart care for p/t worker with who work 30hour a week.
Go in, get out, and you'll be happy
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2015
The company has a pretty good structure and good people working for it. There is a lot of turn over in the sales departments. It's an old company in an old building, but management is improving and moving into a more modern way of running and presenting a company every year.
It's fun, as long as you keep to your self and just do your job.
Pros
Lunch room w/ fridge and microwave. Cheap dental for FT employees
Cons
Large work loads and unaccountability from much of management.
Very bug sports store
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
Paragon is one of the largest sports store in ny. I love their products and the different people i got to meett whiile being there.
Sports oriented atmosphere dedicated to superior customer service and family values.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2015
A day at Paragon Sports includes the morning meeting opening shop and assisting customers. I have gained an immense amount of product knowledge even in those sports for which I had no initial interest.

Management is flexible and if you are a student then they will gladly work with your schedule. However, an employee must work at least one weekend day-Saturday or Sunday.

The hardest part of the job would be fit there are a lot of stairs and movement throughout the work day so one must be physically up to the task.

The most enjoyable parts of this job are the sponsored runs, hikes, and sports such as hockey, and softball.
Easy going friendly people
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  NY, NYApril 10, 2015
Clock in, look for an order to start and complete and repeat till 8hrs go by. Answer phone calls, help customers and keep warehouse nice and clean for new shipment.
Pros
Dont have to ask manager for job duties
Cons
low pay rate