Paragon Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun to work
SERGEANT (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMarch 15, 2019
While I was working with Paragon Systems Inc. I learned how management works example: doing schedules and calling employees to cover sites. As well doing inspections on Security personnel.
Professional atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 12, 2019
The security officers at my job became like family and also we were a team. Always providing protection and sincerity to the client. Paragon provided us with the training, the uniforms and the equipment daily so that we may do our job any worries. Paragon took care of any problem you may have. If you had a discrepancy in your pay, it was taken care of the same day. If you had a problem with one of the clients and could not resolve it yourself, paragon stepped in and took care of the situation, no matter what it was, as long as you were being professional at your job. overall experience working for them was a great experience.
Pros
room for advancement in your career.
Cons
sometimes you may have to pull a double shift.
nice place
Pipe Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMarch 6, 2019
paragon was a very nice place to work with very good supervisors I enjoyed my time there and the people I met and got to work with on a daily basis I would recommend.
You had to work for them in order to say what I am going to say
Protective Service officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2019
When they took over the first thing said at orientation was there is no vacation money until a year goes buy. Most of us are there over ten years. The second thing said there will be no open post Then after a week they started taking people guns and sending them home. The Ten new people they hired. Quit after 3 months after seeing how things are done there. When the people where short on people they started calling people they took guns from.
Pros
Deep pockets. New everything
Cons
Quick to take your gun.
Great pay
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2019
Pays great. Management staff are friendly and helpful. You just have to watch out of your fellow co workers trying to get you in trouble. Would be better work environment if employees worked as a team.
No Leadership
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 22, 2019
Management was not the type to help and guide you. The type of people that worked were those that tried to find everything wrong they could to fire you.

Days we had no lunch breaks. Since we could not leave our post... at times we didn't and couldn't leave to use the restrooms because that was against post orders. Luckily we had a good Sargent who was able to step out of his office to relieve us for bathroom emergencies when possible.
Pros
Pay was decent since it was coming from a government contract
Cons
No long term career since contract companies come and go
Security Cleared job
Armed Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 18, 2019
Typical work day included supporting the mission of DHS Department of Homeland Security. Having a security clearance is not a requirement but it does make you more competitive in the job market.
Pros
Great pay, time off, supervisor are okay
Cons
relief for long shifts is not provided each day
Great Place to work
Protective Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 17, 2019
The money is really good. They provide you with everything you need including weapon. Once past the probation period the benefits are good plus you get a 401k.
Paragon is the best Security Company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2019
Paragon is the best security company to work for in my opinion.
Paragon pay was up to standard especially when bread, eggs, and milk etc. keep rising.
Pros
Pay
Cons
I can't wear dresses or skirts.
Paragon Systems review
Private Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2019
Good job with flexible working hours.
Work three shifts 1st relief(2200-0600), 2nd(0600-1400) and 3rd(1400-2200).
You learn how to properly walk the perimeter of your facilities.
You learn how to control a crowd.
You learn how to observe people movements to determine their intentions.
You learn how to communicate with many different cultures and dialects.
The hardest part of the job is staying focus and sleep deprevation from working long hours.
The most enjoyable part is entertaining each other to get through the shift.
Pros
Meeting many different people
Cons
Short breaks, long hours and pay
the pay is great
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2019
Work with a bunch of great guys, work place in a safe environment and open for new careers.I really enjoy working with my team and we also have a great supervisor.
Law enforcement
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Career for retired personnel that have military backgrounds and are willing to work long hours. Sometimes no relief until pass your end duty. It would be an experience for a beginner to learn how federal government works and advance to another career.
Pros
Pay scale, uniforms, training, vacation pay
Cons
No benefits health only through unions, work schedules and management
They Use You and Dont care for Officers
Federal Contract Protective Service Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked 18 years for this Company, busted my butt!!! Came anytime they called.
But after working 3 months straight of 62, y4, 68, 72 ,86 hours in a week and after working 13 days straight, I got sick with Diabetes and was Wrongfully terminated.
Only 5 Top Secret Guards 7 days a week, for 24 hours a day for 3 months!!!
Morales so bad Officers are at each other throats.
Management lies (Lt. CAPT., and the Project Manager too!!!,)
uses you, looses your vacation papers several times, or other documents.
Hard to get vacation!
Seniority means nothing to them!!!
Pros
Good weather here, Great Client who Care about Officers
Cons
Poor Management thats been there TOO LONG! Dont get Top Secret Clearance they will only Use You, Secret is enough, pay is short often for Top Secret Guards
great place to be
Personal Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 4, 2019
paragon is a great place to work if you are hard working loyal and dedicated. they offer a great learning experience in law enforcement they also can help position you to go higher in the field of security and law enforcement by meeting fps and other agencies of the contracts they have.
Paragon
Armed Security Enforcement Officer - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2019
Fair company to work for. Hours were long but that was expected going into the job.

If you are willing to follow rules and policies a person hired will not have a problem working for them.
Cons
No breaks
OK job job to work for if you like unfair wages
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2019
Upon transferring from one state to another was told I would be full time but was hired fore part time. Management is very disorganized and things are done very shady like. I love doing what I do but in Raleigh N.C. they use their officers as a cash cow and take advantage of them when ever they can. Told that I would be receiving a higher Florida rate while working a FEMA site and was paid between $4-$6 dollars less. In N.C. Paragon Systems is unprofessional and mismanaged
Pros
Love dealing with public
Cons
poor pay for what you do and management is misleading
Good company to work for
Construction Surveillance Technician (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJanuary 20, 2019
Work environment was very relaxed: Job required continuous monitoring of construction workers and activities at a government construction site. Long days and 6 day work weeks.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too much overtime
Paragon
Federal Security Officer (Armed) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23462January 18, 2019
The job is great for armed security with great pay. But you will not work the same place every time. This is not like other security jobs because you have to work on federal buildings
Good exposure to Security Contracting
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2019
Good stepping stone for future work in government contracting, does give you the exposure to many people in different roles in government departments. Able to gain knowledge an insight of different agencies
New Uniforms
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Provided Security At Various Federal Buildings In San Jose And San Francisco. Company Provided Training And Instructions. Had The Experience To Work With Law Enforcement. Lieutenants Were Good At Checking Our Equipment And Asking Questions About Our Post Orders.
Pros
Pay Was Really Good
Cons
Cold Weather