Paragon Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good pay but no support from managers
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2018
This company doesn't care about the employees. They care about making money and making the client happy. The turn over rate is high, no one really likes to work there but the pay it's good.
Pros
Good pay
great
Command Supervisor - Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96813September 22, 2018
Paragon Systems provides comprehensive facility security services and licensed, professionally trained service personnel to departments and agencies of the United States Government. Our security personnel support vital homeland security programs and protect some of the nation's most sensitive infrastructure.
Worst Company I have ever worked for!!!
PSO (Former Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 19, 2018
Management always holds the $25 per hour you make over your head and threatens to fire you and write you up. No communication, no honesty among management, they don't care a bit about their employees. Always sneaking around trying to catch you doing anything wrong. The stress working there comes directly from all the management. (which is the 4 people they have running the company. They have no idea how to run a company. You have to fight for your money they owe you and any benefits you are entitled to. You will regret working for this joke of a company if you do decide to give it a try.
Pros
the $25 hour you make
Cons
Management team sucks from the top down!!!
Not productive they laid me off for know reason
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC dept.of ED.September 19, 2018
I was doing a back ground check and they laid me off saying I was too slow with my finger print cards but know police stations would give me prints with out a writen letter from Paragon systems at Homeland hQ in DC. in 2015 now 2018 sep Ha.
Pros
they had benifits
Cons
they dont give a second chance to get you job back been homeless since.
Contract Security Officer
Armed Protection Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working, and the contract was with the Dept of Homeleand Security. Controlled all access to Federal Buildings/Property. But, I notice that when you needed help from abobe, that was usually met with little to none.
Pros
Union
Cons
See the review above
Good company to work for
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDSeptember 7, 2018
Great company to work for. I held various positions with Paragon. Training was great and great company support. I would recommend this company for employment.
Fast paced and challaging company to work for.
Armed Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 6, 2018
Working for Paragon was a good job, the pay was excellent. At times I wish I could have juggled between my company and working for Paragon. The leadership is a fair leadership, and the employees are good people for the most part.
Pros
3 1/2 day work week
Cons
12 hour days, and traffic
The PSO on the sites are great people always. Management is the problem constantly.
PSO (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2018
The management is never on the same page. Management they keep from other companies are terrible which makes a toxic environment. The money is good at some places but they low ball the raises.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Do not care about workers
Job Summary
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2018
Paragon is an awesome place to work and advance. I learned how to manage the officers accordingly by their job related needs and concerns. I always enjoyed my job and working with people making sure all credentials were up to part. Maintained all the supervisor computers and phones making sure they had the software needed to complete payroll. Overall its a great place to work.
Work to take pride in.
PSO (Current Employee) –  Ripley, WVAugust 20, 2018
Working to maintain safety and security for our government. Helping civilians access government facilities and keep everyone safe. Take pride in helping others.
Absolutely horrible management
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 16, 2018
Constantly under staffed, days off consistently denied, very little work life balance. Full timers are forced to work on their days off and part timers availability is rarely followed, often working 50+ a week. Leadership is very stubborn and will fight to work against the benefit of the employees.
Pros
Pay is decent.
Cons
Forced work on off days, Union benefits are lackluster, zero work life balance.
Good work environment
ARM PROTECTIVE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2018
The staff was great management was awesome I would love to work there again. Working for this company felt very great . Good rounds around the building and great working place in the lobby
Federal Armed Officer (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 12, 2018
Site manager keeps things in the dark and is for himself. He will never back you up. Shows favortism towards specific workers creating unfavorable conditions.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management is worthless
Overall
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 11, 2018
Paragon Systems is a decent company to work for, but where I work they don't provide enough employees to fill the schedules. Working to many long hours in a day and your body isn't getting enough rest in between to recoup for the next day. The salary is okay across the board, but for what we do at our site it isn't enough for the type of events we have to deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
Parking is good
Cons
Long hours per day and not enough employees at my site
Paragon is a joke
Protective Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2018
Union Busting, garbage contract offer from company to union members, suspended for any reason they decide valid depending on the officer, favoritism, OT is given to only a few people. Uniforms are trash, gear is trash. only thing that is reliable is the firearm they issue and even then, they are battered.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
I liked ot at first other than the temp.
Glass Inspector (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJuly 21, 2018
IT WAS EASY WORK BUT AS A WEEK WENT BY . OTHER EMPLOYEES STARTED BEING NOSY ASKING PERSONAL QUESTIONS THAT MADE Me feel uncomfortable.Then two girls that worked there started knit picking and prying and telling lies to the head honcho.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pay
good company to work for
Contract Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2018
overall a good company to work for, allowed to work independently which helped me to develop a good work ethic and time management skills. As a supervisor I had a very flexible work schedule.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
heavy on call rotation
Good work enviroment and professional conduct
Officer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 18, 2018
standing duty and greeting people checking ID,looking for fake ID's and how to handle certin situations profesionally,learning how to use the xray machine and walkthrough Metal Detector and hand held metal Detector. good and fair profesional good envirornment,dealing witth the public,being able to help and protect people and the places i watch over
Pros
good work and pay
Cons
short hours
Paragon Systems
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 3, 2018
Paragon Systems is face paced, some management doesn't care about employees but always states they do. Management doesn't back up employees. Work place is not a great environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours without breaks or lunch
Decent Job
Protective Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2018
Career pays well however it’s practically impossible to get time off for any reason. Contractors get bare minimum on benefits and no paid sick time unless it’s 3 consecutive days.
Pros
Pay scale
Cons
Contract so no great benefits