Paragon Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

It’s cool job
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2018
If your really in to doing security this is a perfect job the benefits suck but they make up for it in pay I don’t like that they don’t have Maternity leave.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
There aren’t many
Worst Mistake I have ever made.
NWDPT Instructor (Former Employee) –  everywhereNovember 19, 2018
No work life balance to speak of. You are expected to work 12+ hours a day with no days off. You will travel constantly and without warning. You will be "counselled" for spending to much on travel & hotels that you will live out of. Fellow trainers are terrified of losing their jobs and will talk behind your back to other members of management to make them look better. Program & Project Managers will use your division as an excuse to cover for their failings as leaders. No mission support and they treat their protection officers like children not professional officers that they are. These people will ruin your life, stay away form them.
Pros
Non
Paragon Systems Cons
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2018
The work load is tremendous and does not actively support a positive lifestyle while employed by the company. Hours vary as will your schedule if you are a new employee at this company.
Pros
Salary when received
Cons
Rae lunch breaks, no pay raises, micromanagement
The most enjoyable part of the job
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was personally protecting the Admiral of The U.S. Coast Guard. I would stand at attention every morning and evening to greet him.
Good place to work and great pay
CONTRACT SECURITY GUARD-ARMED (Former Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDNovember 5, 2018
Good place to start a career& make a great life for you and your family. Explore part of the world with job relocation throughout the US.A. Plus, a chance to move up in your job position
Pros
Make good money and benefit package
Cons
Can be stressful and dangerous because of threats
Easy job
FED Perimeter Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NENovember 4, 2018
Management will allow overtime. There is a lot of drama going on for a team of old people. The three different teams makes it fun during turn overs.
Pros
Lots of different hours
Cons
Zero chances of moving into management
disconnect between parent company & local management
Armed Protective Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 24, 2018
good job for the pay but a fair amount of disconnect between parent company & local management which makes for long delays in pay inaccuracies or any other problem not easily resolved with your immediate supervisor.
Cutt thoat nit picking management will rid u in a heartbeat
Federal Armed Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 22, 2018
No remorse no compassion you are a federal gov expendable asset that have no rights and not allowed to have a brain or opinion. Not much people last. Not a good job
Cons
Bad management
Seldom does management do what they tell officers, they will do
Private Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 6, 2018
The company promises a lot but delivers little. Short notice on training trips and long waits for travel reimbursements. Company supplied equipment always short. I tried for 2.5 years to get a cleaning kit for my weapon. Tried for over a year for large boots, ended up getting them myself. Replacement gear always on backorder.
Cons
mileage repayments can take up to 3 years
Working for Paragon was an alright experience.
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed working with the other officers whom I was employed with, but the job security was uncertain and the HR department seemed to misplace officers' important files and paper work.
Pros
Good training and work experience
Cons
uncertain job security, constant misplacing of officers' paper work.
bad job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 28, 2018
This job just need to be close down they hired 21 yrs old who suppose to be a manger and act like kids..just bad managerment...and they use u to work all these hours and then they fired u for no reason
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good place to start a career
Armed Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20171September 25, 2018
It is a great company to work for if you want to start a career oriented towards the Federal side of security or law enforcement but only for that. The benefits are alright and the pay is nice but there could be more room for advancement opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement.
Good pay but no support from managers
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2018
This company doesn't care about the employees. They care about making money and making the client happy. The turn over rate is high, no one really likes to work there but the pay it's good.
Pros
Good pay
great
Command Supervisor - Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96813September 22, 2018
Paragon Systems provides comprehensive facility security services and licensed, professionally trained service personnel to departments and agencies of the United States Government. Our security personnel support vital homeland security programs and protect some of the nation's most sensitive infrastructure.
Worst Company I have ever worked for!!!
PSO (Former Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 19, 2018
Management always holds the $25 per hour you make over your head and threatens to fire you and write you up. No communication, no honesty among management, they don't care a bit about their employees. Always sneaking around trying to catch you doing anything wrong. The stress working there comes directly from all the management. (which is the 4 people they have running the company. They have no idea how to run a company. You have to fight for your money they owe you and any benefits you are entitled to. You will regret working for this joke of a company if you do decide to give it a try.
Pros
the $25 hour you make
Cons
Management team sucks from the top down!!!
Not productive they laid me off for know reason
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC dept.of ED.September 19, 2018
I was doing a back ground check and they laid me off saying I was too slow with my finger print cards but know police stations would give me prints with out a writen letter from Paragon systems at Homeland hQ in DC. in 2015 now 2018 sep Ha.
Pros
they had benifits
Cons
they dont give a second chance to get you job back been homeless since.
Contract Security Officer
Armed Protection Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working, and the contract was with the Dept of Homeleand Security. Controlled all access to Federal Buildings/Property. But, I notice that when you needed help from abobe, that was usually met with little to none.
Pros
Union
Cons
See the review above
Good company to work for
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDSeptember 7, 2018
Great company to work for. I held various positions with Paragon. Training was great and great company support. I would recommend this company for employment.
Fast paced and challaging company to work for.
Armed Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 6, 2018
Working for Paragon was a good job, the pay was excellent. At times I wish I could have juggled between my company and working for Paragon. The leadership is a fair leadership, and the employees are good people for the most part.
Pros
3 1/2 day work week
Cons
12 hour days, and traffic
The PSO on the sites are great people always. Management is the problem constantly.
PSO (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2018
The management is never on the same page. Management they keep from other companies are terrible which makes a toxic environment. The money is good at some places but they low ball the raises.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Do not care about workers