Paragon Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good JOB. Not a career.
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 10, 2019
Decent place to work. Ok pay. Not many growth opportunities. Schedule is great. Paid holidays. Govt contract. Permit renewal reimbursement. Overall not a bad company to work for.
Federal Security contractor
Captain (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2019
I worked as the Captain on the Pa contract. I supervised 5 Lt's and over 180 PSO's who perform armed security at multiple federal installations in Pa.
Run away
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  MaineSeptember 27, 2019
This company will bleed you dry, forced hours, no time off and absolutely no respect from management. The company is constantly suspending without pay and wonder why man power is down. Retention is VERY low. There is no room for advancement. The company micro manages everything and won’t allow the Sergeant (first line supervisor) to make any decisions. All decisions come from coorprate in Virginia. The pay is go LFG but it’s not worth the headache l. RUN AWAY
Good
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 24, 2019
Decent company to work with. Fair yet very strick. Overwatched by the Federal Protective Service. Federal law enforcement. All Inspectors with FPS are very fair.
Plenty of work for those looking to make money!
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2019
Most days include checking id's and screening people with x-ray machines and hand wands. The hardest part about the job is dealing with people that do not want to comply or follow directions as they go through the screening process and government facilities. But for the amount of money we get paid, it is a small price to pay to be part of the team. For those that want to make a lot of money, there are plenty of hours if you are willing to work!
Great Job in the Security Industry
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 12, 2019
It's not a hard job to do, you're providing security for federal facilities across the state (separated by divisions). There is a physical that you have to pass to be able to go to the training and a, more than difficult, firearms training that you will need to pass in order to proceed. The job itself if fine, just have to get use to traveling when you're new to the job but you do get compensated fuel and hourly.
Good
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2019
This job consists of 3 different shifts. 8 hours a shift . the buildings we secure are Gsa Administration areas. And departments that the public need asistance too.
Pros
Good money
Hours are Steady
Armed Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 10, 2019
Steady paychecks. Great place for retirees and ex military personnel. Great pay and benefits. Expect to work more than 40 hours a week. There are no promotions. You have to apply for promotion
What they say about Management is very true!
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 8, 2019
I would heavily consider this job as a good stepping stone to either finding a better job or to make good connections within the federal fields you work in. It is NOT a long term career based job unless you are either collecting a pension from elsewhere or you have NO choice but to work here. It would better suit someone who doesn't have a lot of responsibilities or children because you will be worked till your feet are numb. FPS may be in a good mood...most the time they are not. You MIGHT get a day off IF your supervisor and "Manager" are feeling generous but otherwise, you are pretty much done for! There are good workers and there are bad workers. Some times it is like being in high school and other times, you may get the few who are willing to work. If you get a good supervisor or manager, you are very very lucky! If not? best thing to do is search elsewhere for a job. For security work, it does pay great but could be a lot better for sure. You have two choices as of benefits and 99% of employees pick the 401K. The health coverage is a joke and does absolutely nothing for you. If you have a union rep, which you will, make friends with him or her and get a copy of your union rights. No! the company can not prevent you from it. YES! they WILL get mad when you remind them of your rights after they try pulling a fast one on you. Read the contract very carefully. There are some good things working for this company but the bad (mainly management) outway that heavily. Best of luck to you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management (Depends where you are located)
Always trying to find fault at what you do instead of the good things
Protective Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDSeptember 6, 2019
I was fired while on F.L.M.A. with my wife , while she was recuperating from knee surgery , and no I'm not a disgruntled employee. They were dead wrong, I just opted to retire.
Strong growing company very experienced leadership
Senior Security Director/Program Director USMS (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 6, 2019
A place that you can move up if you put in the work. Large company in many states so you can move around within the country and still stay at Paragon.
Received support I needed from management when required
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wolcott, CTSeptember 6, 2019
Enjoyed working with the public and securing the employees that I was there to protect. Learned excellent training and skills needed to job my job in a professional manner.
Pros
Training and Equipment
Cons
na
I would not recommend anyone working for this company
Pso (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 3, 2019
Management is a joke. I hope you enjoy driving all over the entire state of Virginia on your days off after working a full 40+ hours. No communication schedules are a disaster. This has been one of the most unprofessional jobs ive held. The pay is 20 am hour after you complete all training. The uniform is cheap amd tacky.
Pros
20 an hour starting
Cons
Absolute wreck of leadership and communication. Company lies to your face to get you in the door.
Great place. If you don't value sleep, or family.
Armed Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2019
I worked here for almost 2 years. I was fairly young, and started out motivated. Well after the first 6 months went by, it's like i aged 5 years. The constant stress and pressure of either being suspended or fired for minor offenses that would require only a stern talking to. Or maybe the fact that we seldom got our breaks, or even bathroom breaks (working 12 hour shifts) and we were expected to just deal with it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, Rare breaks, management...
Terrible company
SAW OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2019
Terrible company I reported a discrimination tht went on like all companies tell u to do and they fired me for reporting it while they kept the person tht was doing it. I would not recommend anyone to wrk for them!!!
Easy but punishing
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 25, 2019
There's a lot of hoops to jump through to work for paragon, due to the seriousness. but when you finally get there after 2 weeks of hands on training it's a pretty easy job just dint make a single mistake
Overall a great place to work
Federal Armed Security Officer Contractor. (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2019
Great plce to work for. You meet a diverse of employees w/ different cultures and backgrounds, important and exciting work place. I was able to learn different types of job settings within the company.
Not for everyone.
Federal Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2019
I been with the company 3 yrs working in Federal buildings. I can say that the change in Project Manager is a welcomed changed. The last one was a a**hole. The rest of the command staff will work with you but it's give and take. I can say I trust them. They will back you if you do your job correctly. Doing the right thing matters to them. Union is useless and untrustworthy. Post are bidded by seniority. Rovers fill in where they can and must be available. If you constantly not. You'll starve. No hrs. Give and take with them.
Waste of time
Protective Security Officer (PSO) (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 23, 2019
The officers I worked with were good enough but management was slow to respond to incidents if it meant letting an officer be treated unprofessionally by the government employees they are sworn to protect until they quit
It was good in Houston, Tx but upon relocating home it was not good at all
Public Safety Officer II (Former Employee) –  Social Security Admin / Various locationAugust 22, 2019
They don't care about there Officers and if you get hurt real bad the fire you on the spot and don't pass your firearm training you fired and off the Contract for 6 months.