Paragon Technology Group Inc

Paragon Technology Group Inc Employee Reviews

Excellent Company with Awesome Employees
Paragon Technology Group is a great company with caring leadership who has worked hard to put employees at the forefront of their business. Leadership consistently considered the impact to employees when making decisions. The culture of hard work was appreciated and pushed employees to become better.
Loved working at Paragon
I truly enjoyed working for Paragon Technology Group. They had great leadership and all the employees were great and easy to get along with. I gained several new friendships that I will always treasure.
Not sure if this company still exhists
Paragon may have been acquired by another company, whom I have no professional experience working for. Therefore, I cannot provide a assessment or review of their workplace culture.
Family friendly work place
Paragon is a company that truly cares for their employees and their families. They are flexible while always keeping the goals of their customers in mind.
Great Company to Work For
I have been doing Government Contracting work for over 15 years and this is the first company that truly cares about the balance between home and work life. They are very flexible in accommodating your schedule to manage home life. They offer a good compensation and health insurance package even though they are a small company. Management has an open door policy and I feel they are genuine in wanting to hear your concerns, if any, and work to improve any situation. Management is supportive in career advancement and they are willing to send you to training or take classes.
Pros
Supportive company that has family values
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great Company, Great Leadership!
I worked for Paragon for nearly 4 years. It is a great small business to work for. There is a strong leadership and management team that actually cares about its employees and knows them by name. Because it's a small company, there is definitely a bit of a "family" feel with your co-workers, who in my tenure, were very supportive team players and great to work with!

Paragon supports the development of it's employees through tuition reimbursement. They also support flexible work hours. Because it's a small business, you can sometimes get to engage in many different roles if you are willing to take on the extra responsibility - this is a great way to contribute and learn. However for long term growth and advancement, the flip side, is that these opportunities are a little more limited within the company because it is small.

I truly enjoyed my time with Paragon and hope to work with the team again in the future.
Pros
Very fair pay, Great work environment, Supportive management
Cons
Sometimes limited opportunity to try to new roles/responsibilities
Excellent place to work!
I have been in my role with Paragon coming up on a year now, and it has been an overall positive experience. I am working in a field where I have a lot of experience, and this has translated into a senior level role that is commensurate with my skills and background. The work flexibility has been very good, and I have an easy commute to Andrews AFB. The leadership has treated me very well, and I feel like a valued member of the Paragon team.

Salary and benefits are also very good! I look forward to starting my second year with Paragon, in early 2016.
Pros
Flexible work location, leadership, salary and benefits
Excellent Management
The first thing you will notice about working for Paragon is that there is a strong focus on the employees and their happiness. Bruce has a philosophy that is focused on developing a company that provides a benefit to the employee. I believe his saying is, "Bruce this isnt about you! It is about the team supporting you."

The entire management chain is approachable and friendly. Some of the limitations that can be offered are due to the contract that one is working under, but overall Paragon's Management has always been fair, charitable and overall fun to work with. They are a mature organization, offer very good benefits.
Pros
Management is focused on employees
Cons
Job security goes hand in hand with contract that one is working under
Good people. Good place to work.
Good team of people to work with. Reasonably good environment on non-company facility. Each day brings new challenges. Current owners care about their people.
Professional work practices and policies
Friendly work environment. People work together to help each other meet deadlines and succeed. Very professional team atmosphere where team members peer review each others work to ensure quality products are delivered and team learns/improves.

Flexible work/life balance policies. Learning culture with opportunities to expand skills and experience beyond job description. Professional practices, good quality control procedures. Supportive management. Very nice facilities at Scott AFB, like fitness centers, etc.
Pros
Work life balance, learning culture.
Cons
Not as many opportunities to advance as in a large company.
Professional Place to Work
A typical day at work is challenging but yet rewarding. The hardest part of my job is working for a client who recommends working together as a team to senior leadership yet restricts it at the lower working level. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with others that have the same career interests as myself and learning from them.
I have worked for the company for almost a year now and the management has been very supportive professionally and personally. I'm working on a professional certification and the company provides up to $5,000 per year in professional/continuing education benefits. That's a big plus for me! A most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to travel.
Pros
Education benefits - up to $5, 000 per year, all other benefits are competitive
Cons
The company could communicate more with employees, like doing a monthly or bi-monthly email from corporate.
Professional, responsive, well ballanced company with good people.
Professional and responsive staff to work with.
Very tuned in to the specific function one is hired to do.

Extremely knowledgeable on how contracts are done and won.

Very flexible about employee personal needs when they arise.

ParagonTech covers all the bases pertaining to fair 401k, health and dental, work, family, and just plain getting the job done for our clients.
Pros
Access to leadership when needed.
Great Place to Work
Paragon has an excellent reputation and works hard to maintain it. The leadership is responsive and concerned about employees. Good benefits and above average compensation. The nature of the work is satisfying since we are making a difference for Government.
Pros
Excellent Government Contractor - Work Quality and Compensation
Cons
Nature of Government Contracting - Discrete Contract Lengths
Work was very rewading.
Typical day at work was very rewarding. Everyday was a new learning experience because of the various levels of expertise and background of co-workers. The most challenging part of the jobs was meeting deadlines, because I had to depended on other folks (clients) to get the job done.
Pros
Was able to telecommute
Cons
A lot to be done in a short time frame.
Paragon Technology was a very relax place to work, they allow me to take initiative and to continuously improve on my skills for the better.
I've worked for Paragon Technology, Inc since September of 2009. For the past 5 years I worked at the Center for Army Analysis (CAA), Fort Belvoir, and the Pentagon on their Estimate of Wartime Attrition and Replacement of Material (EWARM), and Second Destination Transportation project as the Project Manager. During this time, I have been an invaluable part of the Paragon team. My dedication to my work and excellence in delivering accurate and timely deliverables to their clients has made me a respected and sought after expert in his field. I'm detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks. As a consultant, I learned to work both as an excellent team member as well as a capable manager who takes initiative to continuously improve both process and analytical output. I was able to quickly learn and improve all aspects of the project, which led to the discarding of all previous work performed by the incumbent contractors and the eventual replacement of all processes, databases, and analytical tools that I produced. I truly earned unconditional respect and commendation as both an employee and as a co-worker with great character. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye, but the most important and enjoyable part was the success and without any doubt in my mind a true asset to both the US Army, and USMC.
Nominated for and won the company's Customer Excellence Award. I was the second recipient ever of this award in the company's history.
Pros
I was given the freedom to research new ideas.
Employee Oriented
This is a small company and is very attentive to employee needs.
Advanced technologies for the home; Cool products; Great working environment
Work daily in the ski town of Aspen, CO. M-F/8-5p. Project Manager for a Home technology specialist in the integration of sub-systems in a home using a singular operating system. I have six to eight reports who I manage using labor schedules, status reports and punch lists. I'll create our schedule following a Builder's time lime for phases and milestones in a project mostly following electric. I mange several multi-million dollar projects at the same time. I have very strong communication skills and a passion for the overall quality of the product that is delivered. Most difficult part of the job is during the holiday season when everything is being rushed for the move-in stage. I like my crew, great camaraderie and Paragon is a really fun company to work for. Going to miss them a lot!
Pros
great work environment; excellent benefits; fun industry to work in
Cons
aspen, co construction industry can be brutal especially during the holiday's
Productive workplace
Generally, a typical day at Paragon is dependent on which project you are working for. In my case, since I worked off-site from headquarters, a typical day entailed meeting the Client and Stakeholders to discuss project progress and any pending issues. In addition, my duties involved day-to-day management of staff who were responsible for developing workflows and enhancement of existing IT systems.
I have learned how to manage projects ranging in size from 1 to 15 persons. This afforded me the chance to deal with a diverse workforce; staff were from different backgrounds, cultures, education levels and professional levels.

Management was responsive to my training needs and the need for work-life balance. Also, management encouraged community service.

The most challenging part of the job was the commute. A daily commute was about 55 miles a day which sometimes took 2.5 hours! Another challenge was dealing with difficult peope, whether internal or external. Using negotiating skills was one way that I coped with a particularly difficult manager.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was troubleshooting and finding solutions to Clients' requests. Secondly, I enjoyed social activities sponsored by my employer. It gave me the chance to interact with my co-workers and their families.
Pros
social events; community service projects
Cons
bad manager
Great fun place to work that is flexible with work and home life
Paragon has given the opportunity to expand my project management experience by affording me the chance to work with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This is a fun and challenging job that promotes the work hard play hard culture. My co-workers are experienced professionals that offered a wealth of knowledge to myself and to the team.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
contract renewals
Company with strong potential for growth.
Recent Management change has created a very positive enviornment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Technology Group Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5