Paragon Theaters

Paragon Theaters Employee Reviews

Valuable high school job with a fun easy going environment
During high rush periods, job can become stressful. Down time was filled with re stocking and cleaning. Management is strong and with flexible scheduling.
Pretty good
It was a pretty good challenging place to work. Pay wasn’t really satisfying but still a good and fun work place. Managers are very nice and so are the other employees
It was a interesting environment
The start of my career working at paragon was different from the end of my career, in the start i would love coming to work, it was a great environment with really great management, but as the management changed the workplace came unbearable.
Kind of fun but pretty dodgy practices
Concessions is pretty stressful and managers will probably have a thumb up your respective orifice to keep doing things. Breaks only come when there are no customers or if you're clearly getting really stressed out (I'll admit, I played this card a lot -- I do not have incredible mental fortitude).
This is interchangible with Usher shifts where you just clean theaters, and that was all right until the managers stopped letting us sit in the break room when there was nothing to do.

As far as pay went, mine was kept low and we were all denied overtime because we were in the "entertainment industry," a practice I consider pretty dodgy at the very least. Managers were in general at least verbally understanding but didn't actually seem to actually give a hoot about what you needed.

Work Splits-side, or as a Mechanic if you're up to it. Pays better from what I heard.
Typical movie theater job
Working here is typical with most jobs at a movie theater, everyone is always friendly and excited to work. The pay isn't as high as it should be for typical crew members.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Don't Even Consider It
This is the most unprofessional environment you will find. Management is horrible, breaks are non-existent, and the "scheduling" is laughable. The only redeeming quality about this place is the employees that deserve way better than they get. If you're looking for a job, I HIGHLY recommend you keep searching, you'll be thankful you did.
Pros
lol
Standard Theater Job
Probably the best theater job in Rochester, but it is a high school gig at best. Management is decent, but turnover is high. Work is easy, unless you're an idiot. Take it for high school, go to college, don't look back.
Pros
free movies
It was an alright work experience.
I don't feel like you get paid enough for the jobs they ask you do at times. Like we had to scrub the floors and mop behind us. For 8.25 an hour i don't think so.
Fun Workplace Environment
A typical day at work would consist of standing at the kiosk and assisting anyone who needed help to buy a ticket, then directing them to the proper auditorium. Working here was fun and it was a fun environment. Most of the managers work well and communicate with the employees. There was a problem with the main manager having favoritism with certain employees, and I don’t know if that’s been fixed or changed since then.
Pros
free food, free tickets
Cons
short breaks, poor management, favoritism
Fun work place, positive teamwork enviornment
Honestly, out of the 5 jobs I've ever worked at, this job was my absolute favorite! The positivity and reinforcement from the bosses is amazing! everyone is supportive and trying to help each other grow and become promoted. The daily tasks differ depending on your position but for the most part you will help clean theaters, serve concessions and run the ticket booth. All very easy jobs, some days can be stressful if it is a big movie weekend because there will be a lot of people, but its only temporary then its just setting up for the next show time. The bosses are very supportive and are great with communicating what it is they expect from their workers. Overall best job I could recommend from experience!
Pros
discounted food and drinks, free movies for you and couple of others, very positive, busy place
Cons
some days you stay late or get let out early and it affects your hours
Great and fun job overall. Great crew
Great and fun job overall, great crew members and managers. Looked forward to going to work because it was very laid back and you werent stressing to gwt your tasks done.
Pros
Discount concessions and free movies
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
Nothing good to say at all
If you take this job you will not have a life. You'll work between 10-12 hours 6 days a week. You'll have terrible bosses that do nothing and experience to you to do everything. Pay is the worst I've ever seen, just don't take this job. Nothing is worth the stress and anxiety that you will be put through.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Everything else
If you are looking for a relaxed job I highly recommend
Overall good job, advancement opportunities are possible but not abundant. CEO seems fairly connected with each theater and theater has a relatively casual feel.
Pros
Free movies, Flexible Scheduling
Very fast paced
Very busy movie theater, worked long and hard hours, managed projection department, maintained theater software applications and created movie trailers.
Pros
Worked with a variety of different people
Cons
low pay and low recognition
Fun place to work, discounts are okay, poor management.
The managers were both unnecessarily strict and unfair. Many chose favorites and did nothing much to improve the work environment, as well as often not helping out struggling employees (laziness). Often, managers act like children. Things are not always kept stocked and ready for use. The pay is terrible, even if you're doing all the work and making all the sales for the company.
Pros
Free movies, food discounts
Cons
Poor management, poor staff
Overall not bad
Great job for high school kids or first jobs. Easy work, management is pretty laid back. Pay is horrid but they are slowly making it better, with free movies/popcorn and FINALLY a discount on food for employees. Managers clearly have favorites which is annoying, but not a deal breaker. Limited promotions/advancement opportunities.

Hire at min. wage, raises usually bwt 15-50 cents (if you remind them it's time for a raise)
Pros
Easy, movies, work whatever hours you want
Cons
Pay pay oay
Hard work not enough pay
It was a lot of fun especially if its a first job. But Wouldn't recommend it as a full time or advancing career opportunity, just a fun part time job. I worked my butt off here for around 2 years and my raise was horrible, I loved my managers but not for me.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
No discounts on food. Long hours. Unorganized. Pay sucks.
Worst place I have ever worked
This place is the ABSOLUTE WORST place to work. Not only is the management poorly trained, but the employees are all high school kids who dont really know what they are doing due to more spotty training. The hours are excruciating, the pay is poor, and the benefits arent worth it. Movies get boring after a very short while.
Pros
Free popcorn, Free movies, Free Soda
Cons
Long hours, poor conditions, poor management, Poor insurance that wont cover hospital stay after collapse from exhaustion
Concession/ Box office/ Usher
Started working here in high school, worked here for two years. A great job to start off at to gain experience. Not so much of a great job if you are trying to make a living. This is a good job for high school students and or summer job. Unless you are supervisor or management you really don't make anything.
Pros
Free movies, discounted food
Cons
pay rate
No problems besides one particular manager
I loved working there and getting to know all of the employees. One particular manager seemed to have it out for me though and in the end they were a big part of why I quit. Other than her I enjoyed my time working there.
Fun Place to Work
its a great place to work, you get to see free movies on your day off, you get free popcorn and drinks.
its rarely super stressful and the management and fellow crew is wonderful.
Pros
free movies, lots of fun
Cons
low hours, corporate.