Parallon Employee Reviews

Stressful
Assistant Supply Chain Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2018
No work life balance. Unable to take earned time off. Had to take phone and laptop on vacations to work every day while on vacation. Got called in multi times a month. No back up.
Cut Throat
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2018
Parallon is a division of HCA. The culture in 2017 was the same as early 1990's. Numbers drive the business and people do not matter. No ethics with management.
Excellent workplace
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  variousAugust 7, 2018
i work at various parallon hospitals now Health south as a psych Tech. I look forward to going to work every time. I have met the most wonderful people at work and i enjoy the team spirit and oneness.
Pros
Subsidized lunch, Free movies tickets, Bonuses and so much more
Cons
Good
Optical Scanning/Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 6, 2018
Good Management

Healthcare related

Coworkers are team players

I have learned a lot from this company especially this is a healthcare company which we learn about HIPPA and all.
Not a place to work
PRN Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2018
In registration they expect for yoh Register a large amount of patients with out mistakes and you get in trouble if you make a mistake. They expect for you to collect large amount of payments and nag if you don’t. The shifts are very long and the pay is what you deserve for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Works with schedule
Cons
Everything else
ok
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
great bonuses. given a great opportunity to make a lot of money if you are focused and hungry for more. room from growth in the company and salary pays pretty decent as well
Its production lack of communication
Dialer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 30, 2018
Lack of communication sups have lack of communication no room to upgrade system issues from home and little help good benefits good team building employees nice
Pros
Movie ticket
Cons
Stats
Most disrespectful, unprofessional company
Cash Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here. The manager can't manage. The controller feels everyone is beneath him. You'll be called lazy or dumb and no one flinches an eye. Which is crazy because everyone was in disbelief to the person he said that to. One of the best employees they have. HR is a joke.

You get PTO but you have to use your PTO for the holidays and if the company is close for whatever reason you still have to use your PTO. Good luck on scheduling vacations bcz they automatically take 6 days of your PTO for the observed holidays.

There isn't alot of advancement.

Overall, the morale is very low and it's just a toxic environment.
Pros
I can listen to my music while working
Cons
Think of your worse job then multiply by 10
Great Place to Learn Process and Procedures
Director of Billing (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2018
An excellent place to learn about building process and procedures. The work is stressful and the job is consuming, but you learn allot. Nice Training Programs.
Pros
The amount of knowlage that is avaliable
Cons
Competitive Pressure
Na
PreBill Denials Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2018
Not recommended would not refer anyone. My team lead was messy and two faced. My director was petty and listened to negative feedback without getting the truth.
Parallon
Insuance/Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2018
Great company to work for im just looking for part time evening job to keep busy and i love working and making extra money, Parallon is wonderful company
day in the life
Client Liaison (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJuly 19, 2018
there is a lot of work to be done each day. I have been sent to many trainings and have learned many skills and systems. Some Managers let on that they know much more than they do. It does appear their is some tension in the work place. The hardest part of the job is dealing with training people on the same thing over and over as they don't write it down or pay attention when you show the first few times. The one thing i like most about my job is that i love what i do.
Productive work place
Certified Nursing Assistant/Scanner (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy traveling with the company, the flexible schedule helped a lot. Don't push it, i have nothing more to say. So stop trying to make me say more.
Pros
money
Cons
healthcare
Parallon is one of the BEST companies I have ever worked for
Local Access Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Norcross GAJuly 11, 2018
The day started by checking the Help Desk Mailbox and voice mails for any issue on no staffing hours, once logging into the phone calls would start to be routed
Pros
GOOD managment team
Cons
N/a
poor management
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 5, 2018
Poor management, did not handle my situation properly, I feel that they do not care about their employees. Put a lot of stress on employees, Most did not take breaks to be sure that their quota was met for the day, I saw many people come and go due to this quota, Everyone works at their own pace.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Hours 6a-230p
REview
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 3, 2018
I feel they need to treat the employee's more like a family than just a worker.Stop with the favoritism. The job is very stressful environment and the most enjoyable thing about the job is the other co-workers that support each other
Pros
Consider your employees family more than workers
Not great
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2018
Worked here for about a year and did not enjoy the job management was not great. I didnt get the help or support that i needed to be successful at this company
Flexibility
Critical Care float RN (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2018
great for individuals requiring flexible work schedule
competitive pay
no holiday/weekend requirements
day/night shifts available
multiple facilities
Wouldn't Recommend
Legal Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 25, 2018
Seems like the kind of place that treats employees as temps. Like worker bees. You're not treated as an actual human being. You're given a quota, and it doesn't matter what you have to offer as an individual.
great
Discrepancy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 24, 2018
its a good company to work for and think of the employees and work with there schedule and able to work from home in some cases benefits are good and comparable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parallon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight