Play YouTube video button

Parallon Employee Reviews

Featured review
Parallon selected this as a representative review
Great room for Advancement
St. Davids Virtual Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
Awesome place to work at. Room for advancement. Sometimes can be challenging due to negativity being brought about from employee's but I was never one that was effected by those things. Needless to say, most of those employees are no longer with us. Best advice would be to keep positive and be able to adapt. Great leadership learning curves.
Pros
Leadership Learning
Cons
Negativity (sometimes)
Productive, Fun working environment, helpful managers/staff
PAYMENT COMPLIANCE ANALYST PRN (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAApril 18, 2019
I enjoyed working for Parallon! I came in with little to no experience and was able to understand my job in just a couple of days. I was able to talk with my coworkers and managers freely and express my likes and dislikes about the job.
Good company
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2019
This company is not a abad company to work for. I think the employees are over worked and under paid. They try to make things fun for the employees. Not much room for advancement in some fields
Advancement Opportunities Available, High Productivity Enviroment
Manager; Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2019
Focus on revenue cycle, call center environment in many roles, productivity driven, flexible schedules, team environment. Good benefits. Advancement opportunities are plentiful. Transfer opportunities nationwide are available.
Benefits
Cons
Call Center Enviroment
Discrepancy annalists
Claims Analyst HCA Corporate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 14, 2019
your work day was pretty stressful email come in every single it seem like 5 minutes, it was hard to even complete you work that was assign to you . the pto was awful this was the first time i have ever work for a company that make you use your PTO for holidays . very cut throat,
Pros
Cons
work from home
Fun place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 11, 2019
I've never worked at a job that treats you like family and wants the best for you. After working there almost a year, had the opportunity to go work from home. Love it and don't plan on going anywhere!
Great place to feel valued
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2019
Parallon has a great set of core values and adheres to them strictly. It can be hectic, but with the right atmosphere and guidance, one can succeed on any given day.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
Certain policies
overall review
Government Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 8, 2019
The most enjoyable part of working for parallon was the actual work. the unprofessional and poor management made this a terrible and hostile work experience.
i choose not to answer
Customer Advisor-Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2019
i choose not to answer any questions about my employment with the company parallon an HCA affiliated company whom i am currently employeed with, thanks
review
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 5, 2019
management is very poor, the hours are up and down, there is no set schedule and you could be hired for one schedule but they can change it at any given time leaving you stuck unless you find another job.
Poor Members of Management
Medical Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2019
Typical day consist of making countless phone calls and receiving phone calls about people with outstanding debts. The few seconds you do speak with them usually they hang up or cut you off .. managers sit behind the desk and send pointless emails and IMS about collect more money and sign off on this write up ..managers don’t know what they are doing and when it’s a complex issue they don’t want to take over the call or do the job .. was told in a meeting my manager had no experience and did not know what they were doing so they are only going by the book .. also was told that they were only here for a bonus so don’t make the job harder then what it really is ..only benefit was the monthly incentives I don’t understand how can we be successful in our role with incompetent subordinates
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Poor Leadership
WFH - friendly team
Coding Integrity Specialist I (WFH) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 3, 2019
I enjoyed my responsibilities for work and the people I've met along the way.
Charging for ED - some days are light and others are heavy
Management - always there to help in any way
I learned to assess documentation much more efficiently.
Learning Building
SCHEDULING-CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2019
Learn all you can and move around. A good place to learn different departments. The management is certain departments were not good and showed favoritism.
Chronically short staffed, "don't care" culture
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2019
Never enough staff, pay is low, rules not enforced or enforced unevenly, nobody really cares about the job from top to bottom. Come work for Parallon with a good attitude and it will grind you down within months.
Pros
Decent (though not great) benefits
Cons
Staffing, pay, staffing, dishonest management, staffing, negative culture, staffing, and working for a soul sucking contractor for a soul sucking corporation (HCA)
Patient Access Manager
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 20, 2019
I love working for this company and have been here for over 19 years. You have the opportunity to work full time but also be with your family when needed. I work Monday-Friday and take on call.
stock
Supply Chain Tecn (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 19, 2019
Stocked the hospital with supplies for patient care use. communicated needs with all department managers. traveled one day a week to outstand ER departments and cleaned, checked expiration dates. attended meetings, communicated with vendors needs for supplies, monthly inventory, yearly inventory team
Job Security is a big issue
Coder (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 17, 2019
Work is being sent overseas for cheaper labor. State side we must maintain CEU's and credentials but offshore does not. If you work from home for this company you will always have to worry if they are training overseas employees to take your job due to cheap labor. While managers and coworkers have been great, I would only recommend working at this facility if you work in a position that cannot be offshored.
Pros
work from home, managers and coworkers are great to get along with
Cons
sending our jobs overseas, there is not stability in work from home positions
N/a
Customer Service/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 17, 2019
Friendly staff all around. Cares about their employees.
St. Louis - Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2019
Though the calls can be fast paced, the company cared about its employees. They tried to make the workday fun. You could join employee committees, and fun holiday parties.
Pros
Food trucks every day
Cons
Long work days
I don’t like the company and never will I go back it’s simple
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Med centerMarch 7, 2019
I Will never work for rthis company again, they don’t care about loyalty. They would rather believe lies told . I don’t have time for that and I’m glad God removed me from such hateful people.
Pros
I love some people I worked with
Cons
Horrible company to work for never again
Run as fast as you can! Waste of time!
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 7, 2019
As a former employee I wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE! You are overworked and underpaid. You are given PTO but no paid holidays so you have to use your time to get paid in which you aren't given that much so you are in risk of getting write ups and fired. On top of that management is horrible! They don't care about you unless you making them money. The turnover rate is extremely high. More people are leaving then staying. If you can't make goal you will be fired so there is no job security. Oh and there is no Open door policy if you tell one all will know by the end of the day! If you want your Sanity and peace keep strolling and pass the apply button.
Pros
I EARNED bonuses (which could of been better)
Cons
I would be here all day trying to list them all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parallon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight