Play YouTube video button

Parallon Employee Reviews

Featured review
Parallon selected this as a representative review
Great room for Advancement
St. Davids Virtual Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
Awesome place to work at. Room for advancement. Sometimes can be challenging due to negativity being brought about from employee's but I was never one that was effected by those things. Needless to say, most of those employees are no longer with us. Best advice would be to keep positive and be able to adapt. Great leadership learning curves.
Pros
Leadership Learning
Cons
Negativity (sometimes)
Parallon is a great place to work without having to worry about being bothered too much with anyone. Most of the work is done in isolation.
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALJanuary 18, 2019
Majority of the work is done alone so there are few things to distract you from being fully engaged in the work being done. Also that makes the job relaxing because things can be done based on personal preference as long as the work is accurate.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Career advancement
Professionalism
PTAC (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. The management and the executive team lacks knowledge but hold you responsible for things they don't know. The amount of work and stress does not equal the pay. The HR department is a joke and when you call to complain they turn around and tell the managers then you face retaliation. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Stay away!!!!
back office
Collector (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2019
it is nice to work from home, but the management do not care about your opinion.
the work they assign to you is sometimes work you have never seen before and they do not train you but then penalize you for doing something wrong. and if you speak up about it. they ignore you and make you feel like you just dont want to work, although you explain the issue in detail.
they say they want everyone to be a team but when you attempt to speak up during your team huddle, you are looked at like a problem starter.
they do not care about collectors or what they have to say on how to make things better.
they only care about the numbers and management meetings.
Pros
work from home
Cons
very unorganized company
Do Not Work At Parallon Also Known as National Patient Account Specialist (NPAS)
Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 26, 2018
They are cut throat. They don't care about their employees. They only care about the numbers. You are a number to them. They have impossible stat goals they expect you to meet and if you don't meet them they terminate you out of the blue! This is not a stable company and the benefits are terrible. No paid holidays or vacation pay. Do not apply here! You will be fired! The turn over rate is very high.
Pros
There are no pros. Terrible place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 12, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time at Parallon. Benefits and earned PTO. I'd recommend Parallon to a friend. With many different departments, surely you will find something that works for you!
Great company with great perks/benefits
Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  WORKED FROM HOMEDecember 10, 2018
Parallon wasa great company for the past 4 years I worked for them, I got transferred from atlanta location to remotely work from home and xferred to their orangpark locations...The changes and processes were more challenging/ goals were not fairly approachable for most employees...But the pay is capped out with no more raises for this position.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Job was more challenging with no more pay
Great place to work.
Coder II/Coding Integrity Specialist (Remote) (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 9, 2018
Working at Parallon has been a great experience. I have been working from my home for the past 5+ years and enjoyed every moment of it. I highly recommend others to come work for this company.
Job for those that want to be introduced to billing 101
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2018
Job is based on a high productivity, when the volume does not allow for this to be achieved. Low wages and lots of cross training but no additional pay.Merit pay is always 2%. No paid vacations/PTO.
Pros
Work from home
Na
SUPPORT SERVICES CALL CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 26, 2018
The company is constantly evolving so you have to be patient while it grows. The CEO is constantly looking for ways to improve the experience for the employees
parallon strives 100% for their clients and patients
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MONovember 19, 2018
From 8-5 Mon - Fri you perform amazing customer service to the patients regarding their medical bills. Being able to answer their questions and help them was rewarding enough. I learned a lot about insurance, medical bills and the systems that were used.
Pros
the pay
Cons
call audits
hostile environment
employee (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 14, 2018
Pay and treatment is not equal among everyone; Favoritism. Supervisors portray qualities of a micro manager causing uncomfortable working environment,
Hardworking Management and Positive Environment
Medical Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MissouriNovember 9, 2018
I’ve been working at Parallon for nearly two years now. I’ve seen many types of people in this job and what I have learned is that if you are not a diligent worker, you will not enjoy your job or take advantage of the many opportunities Parallon offers. When the job gets tough, you have a great support system from your coworkers to upper management, and beyond that. I have never felt under appreciated nor have I ever not had someone help me when I needed it most. You will work with some of the most dedicated people. You will also be receiving many great benefits. This job requires you to help consumers find a solution to their situation and bettering it.
Pros
Thorough training, positive workplace, great management, Pto
Cons
Stressful consumers
Enjoyed the assignments
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed the job assignments and the locations of those assignments. The people that I worked with were really helpful and the experience that I gain will help me in my profession.
Great place of employment
HIM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 7, 2018
Typical 9-5
Learned all aspects of Medical records and release of information.
Management is very approachable.
Staff is very friendly and focused on patients.
Hardest part of the job was getting physicians to do what the need to do.
Most enjoyable part of the job was forming those relationships with the physicians.
Pros
Hospital staff is top notch
Cons
Need better healthcare options
Parallon maintains a very professional atmosphere
Underpayment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 5, 2018
On a daily basis, the first thing to do is to work on the follow-ups from previous day's adjustments to insurance plan changes or correction requests made to other departments. The second thing is to collect daily work-list and arrange in an order that works for your assigned insurance payers. Expectation is to work 33 to 35 underpaid accounts per day. The reason for underpayments by payers range from having the wrong insurance plan assigned to the account, improper codes used for billing, incorrect patient responsibility assigned, or incorrect processing by the payer. The objective is to find the cause of the underpayment, make corrections to claims if required, or send accurate documentation to payer for reasons why claim was paid improperly and request re-processing, and follow-up with payer if there are discrepancies.
Pros
Each problem to solve was unique so there was always something new to learn.
Cons
The quota was stressful to maintain.
Company
Patient Registar (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2018
Great company to work for, has great benefits. They have a bunch of different sites where you can work at. Great discounts on employee website. Not easy to transfer to another location.
Underpaid and overworked
COLLECTIONS/UNDERPAYMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2018
Parallon bundle multiple positions in one department. Degrees not acknowledged, everyone that is hired.No work life balance, I worked over 80 hrs ot.
Benefits
Cons
No time off
Amazing Managers, Leads, Human Resources and Director
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2018
I loved being employed with Parallon. There is a goal to meet along with production and quality, but the managers give employees every benefit of the doubt when a goal is not met. I did not want to leave this company, to me it was not a job, it was a family.
good experience
PRN Indexer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2018
It was a fun and relaxed environment. I enjoyed my time there,but they did not have any full time positions when I was there. The pay was fair. Free parking and benefits were nice as well.
Pros
showed employee appreciation
Cons
hours
not trustworthy
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 19, 2018
I found the company to not be trust worthy as far as what was offered upon hiring. the company will start other departments when done let you go instead of back to your previous job. no raises as promised.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parallon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight